Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Anyone Else Getting This Creepy Glitch?

WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
When playing Sims recently I experienced something a little unnerving. Sometimes when I hit the pause button, the game pauses as usual...but the sim in focus carries on slowly turning their head for a few seconds, after the game has been paused. 😲 I thought it was my eyes at first but then a toddler did this in the arms of another sim and I have had this happen to the same adult Sim a few times now.

Am interested to know if anyone else has experienced this in their game?

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I have that, too. I either didn't have or didn't notice it today in the gameplay save, but when I took the screenshots for my picture story it was very noticeable. I'm using a camera mod, though, so my first thought was that the mod needed an update.
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yep, same thing happening here.
  • Options
    Interesting. I don't use any mods in my game so wonder what's causing it?

Have also found that if the sim is facing the right position, and you toggle the camera a bit, it's possible to experience the sim slowly turning to face you after the pause (insert supernatural or horror theme tune of your choice here), which is both unsettling but a little amusing at the same time.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yes there's a bug report on it. Add a "me too". It's a very creepy bug for sure!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-keep-moving-after-paused/td-p/11512047
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I've seen it as well. I'm guessing it was a result of the head turn bug fix. I've noticed the animation is a little different when sims turn their head to look at a sim that's talking to them. So, my sims can start break dancing when I hit pause for all I care. I'm just happy the "looking off to the side" bug was fixed. :)
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Hahaha I noticed it when I wanted to take screenies, it freaked me out, thought I had a poltergeist in my computer :o Will add a me too ;)
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Yep. There is definitely some drift occurring after the pause. Unsettled me a bit the first time I saw it.
  • Options
    MothLoverMothLover Posts: 1 New Member
    Yeah it's happening in my game too!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I play vanilla & had that weird glitch. I already clicked me too. So, hopefully this with get fixed soon.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    edited June 2022
    My sims are also slowly turning their heads and laughing at my attempts to pause their lives. eek

(Thanks for the bug report link @Finvola , I clicked me too there!)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yes, it's super creepy.
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    Yep, it creeped me out the first time I saw it
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I have it occasionally, most often it is fixed by rebooting the computer. I assumed it was caused my my low-end computer, I never really thought of it as a bug. Will of course be happy to see it fixed, eventually :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    edited June 2022
    Hey all,

Can confirm the following:
    • It's super creepy.
    • We're looking into it.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    I think it's cool. 😄
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Yeah, me too! I was busy blaming a mod I just installed, too. :open_mouth: It's really weird, and creepy. Both Kayleigh and Erik have done it. I'm busy thinking, hm have I played this game too long? Are they tired of having to repeat their lives as if trapped in a version of "Groundhog's Day" ? So glad to know it's not necessarily something I have done — and well all know, by now, how capable I am at messing things up. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    Oh yes, I am experiencing this also. ANd yes, I thought it was pretty creepy too.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Me too. It creeped me out first I saw it. In fact I thought I was hallucinating and saved out of the game. I had been playing for about 12 hours straight though :blush: But I fortunately realized that my faculties are fine. At the moment at least. I have pushed me too on the bug report.
  • Options
    Finvola wrote: »
    Yes there's a bug report on it. Add a "me too". It's a very creepy bug for sure!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-keep-moving-after-paused/td-p/11512047

Thank you for letting me know about this. Have added a 'Me Too.'
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    This is happening to me too. Definitely creepy
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Have seen it and agree it's creepy. But also cool!
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    ZanderMagicManZanderMagicMan Posts: 25 Member
    Yes, it's especially creepy when they have a big Pennywise type grin on their face!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I think it's cool. 😄

It messes up my screenshots. :'(
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,850 Member
    Happens all the time. On one or two occasions I have seen unpaused sims walking, stop, and the head will do that same thing.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I've had it happen to a cow today while my sim brushed her. Aren't cows objects?