Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your preference for the werewolf form?

Comments

• Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I prefer they turn into wolves.
    I blame Wolfblood for my obsession with turning into real wolves. I may rewatch it while we wait for a teaser or trailer.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I don't care so long as they can attack and bite.
    I really don't care how scary they look, if the result will be a occult being who excels in gathering collectibles and that Sims scoldes for scratching the furnitures and leave hair balls inside. Then they will be just some kind of rather odd looking pet
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,992 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    So sad majority voted for humanoid form, now they'll look like hairy barbie dolls..

I'm sure most of occult fans wants scary werewolves..

Not necessarily. No one actually knows what they'll look like. :)

That shadow on the wall pic is definitely the hairy beast we're looking for. That shadow beast absolutely had a muzzle. Full muzzle and pointy ears. We still haven't seen it but I believe with all my wolfy heart it's the proper beast we want.
  • Options
    LeowyldLeowyld Posts: 73 Member
    I prefer a furry humanoid beast.
    For my vote, to be clear, I take humanoid (as it is usually intended) to simply mean standing upright, bipedal - *not* a furry hominid (which we had in Sims 3). Just give a fierce anthro wolf. But I'm happy with any werewolves, really. If I don't like how they look, there is already CC out there that gives something close to what I'd like to see.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    Not that I care much but I'd have to say human like beast if it's just a wolf that's not a werewolf that's a wolf
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member
    Both. Both would be good!

But I’ll work with whatever they give - I’ve never made/played a werewolf in the Sims so I’m looking forward to the challenge!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Both. Both would be good!

But I’ll work with whatever they give - I’ve never made/played a werewolf in the Sims so I’m looking forward to the challenge!

Me either. Super excited if we get them 🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I voted for the humanoid one as I don't want just a wolf walking on all four paws. I want the form of a human with all the fur, muzzle, ears, etc. like in the first pic @Chaotic_Moira showed. I want werewolves like in Skyrim walking around on 2 legs but able to run on all 4 paws when necessary. As with Vampires I want the human form and dark wolf form in CAS and hopefully the perks/weaknesses as well. I would love to also get wolves as animals roaming around that would be friendly towards werewolves and/or become pets for werewolves.
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Nice one! Dill pickle slices sounds complex, but I’m willing to try. As long as it doesn’t kill me!
    Not sure how popular the peanut butter pickle thing is (I exist in a cave deep underground) but I’ve heard that for some folks the love for peanut butter and jelly is very real, so I tried it once….and never again. You’re all mad! 😆
    I find peanut butter and Sambal (chili paste) on toast to be a delicious treat though, so I think the pickle might suit me better than the jelly for sure!

Well, this also depends on what one means by "pickle." I have no idea where you are from, and in some parts of the world pickle can mean any pickled vegetable, or even something akin to a relish or chutney... I was born in the US, where the default use for the word pickle is a pickled cucumber. But my husband is from Scotland, and I learned quickly that the UK does not use the word pickle the same way. So, yeah, I mean sliced unsweetened pickled cucumbers... Although being you like chili paste, you may like a spicy pickle..

graventhe wrote: »
    So sad majority voted for humanoid form, now they'll look like hairy barbie dolls..

Well, we are going to get whatever they already made regardless. They likely will have already made the actual form, and animations up to a year ago. But getting humans with a lot of hair is my concern as well, which is why the idea of just turning into a full wolf came to mind. I would want a humanoid werewolf IF it is indeed a beast with a muzzle. But if not, I would rather it just turn into a wolf.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,145 Member
    I don't care so long as we can edit them in CAS.
    I like all kinds of Werewolves from humanoid to Wolf to Lycan.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I don't really want wolves, but if we have to have them, then I hope they turn into them. I thought my townspeople were so ugly in the Sims3 when they were wolves. I cured most. If we get them, I hope it's not a total loss. I didn't care for magic/witches, but I loved the world, more harvestables, more stuff, more interactions ect. I'm hoping even for those who don't care for wolves that everything else makes the pack worth buying anyways. Wolves need to stay in shape and since they put junk in packs that don't go in them ie I wanted a farming pack and got farm animals in a cottage setting. I'll say that I do love everything about that pack except the stuck animals, no breeding ect., but I wish they had a real farming pack. As I feared, we didn't get hardly any farm animals- no pigs, no goats, no sheep, ect.

Hopes for a wolf pack, some nice leathery feel furniture, old gothy looking furniture, a really cool world that is mysterious and woodsy, no more bars- there are too many now and no more gyms unless we're getting new gym equipment that we don't have in game. Some really nice clothes, not the same junk we have. Kits and many other packs have just been the same as what we already have for a while and I would like some new stuff after waiting forever to get real new content.
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are delicious.
    This is a sims game, so we're getting something where adult sim werewolves can still do everyday stuff like making food and using the computer and mauling Nancy Landgraab like every other normal day. They wouldn't create an alternate form where you are stuck and can't do anything and basically be like a pet in a household...

Thing is, I'd love options. The option to have a full wolf, or beast-man and have them customizable to your hearts content so every werebeastie can be unique.

But my expectations are the same for this game as it is for a peanut butter and pickle sandwich.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,996 Member
    I didn’t vote because I use mostly other things in the occult packs rather than the occults themselves. I hope it comes with a nice big world. I’m sure hoping we get different types of body hair for our regular sims either in the pack or an update. But I do think it would be cool whatever form they make if it can be customized in CAS
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2022
    I don't really want TS2/3 mutton-chopped wolfmen.

Bipedal wolves and full wolf forms would be my preference, hopefully with paintable pelts like pets.

Human form too.

So human form, customisable bipedal wolf/dog/fox "dark form" and extra full wolf/dog/fox form/ability perhaps via a perk.

Most were/shifter series I read generally turn full wolf/animal form, and would only really use the in-between bipedal/wolfman form (if they have them at all) in combat situations.

In the Sims though, the bipedal form should take precedence as it would still be able to function like a human Sim and use objects appropriately (or at least when cognizant, which a raging werewolf might be incapable of).
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    edited May 2022
    Dang it I wanted to vote for both humanoid form and peanut and pickle sandwiches. Curse you for making this hard.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,481 Member
    Nice one! Dill pickle slices sounds complex, but I’m willing to try. As long as it doesn’t kill me!
    Not sure how popular the peanut butter pickle thing is (I exist in a cave deep underground) but I’ve heard that for some folks the love for peanut butter and jelly is very real, so I tried it once….and never again. You’re all mad! 😆
    I find peanut butter and Sambal (chili paste) on toast to be a delicious treat though, so I think the pickle might suit me better than the jelly for sure!

Well, this also depends on what one means by "pickle." I have no idea where you are from, and in some parts of the world pickle can mean any pickled vegetable, or even something akin to a relish or chutney... I was born in the US, where the default use for the word pickle is a pickled cucumber. But my husband is from Scotland, and I learned quickly that the UK does not use the word pickle the same way. So, yeah, I mean sliced unsweetened pickled cucumbers... Although being you like chili paste, you may like a spicy pickle..

I’m an Irish cocktail with a hint of Scottish temperament and a dash of Asian spice among other peculiar stuff. I haven’t left my green rock for a while. Around these parts pickle would be anything preserved in brine or vinegar in whichever shape or form you wish, as long as it can be ingested and...digested I suppose, but as far as I know the fat little pickled cucumber is the most notorious kind of pickle. Throughout my life I've obtained more spicy pickles than the other species of pickle although I can enjoy 'em all. I just never did the peanutbutter thing. I will however go on this adventure. With the dill. I certainly will!
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    scoed1227 wrote: »
    Dang it I wanted to vote for both humanoid form and peanut and pickle sandwiches. Curse you for making this hard.

I approve of this dilemma! :joy:
    I will however go on this adventure. With the dill. I certainly will!

Adventurous! I like it! :D I hope you do, and I hope you enjoy!

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    MouseyKeetMouseyKeet Posts: 3 New Member
    I honestly think the classic wolfman style is underrated and would honestly work better for the sims, even though outside of the sims I also prefer a more humanoid or full wolf type of werewolf. And honestly as long as we get CAS options like new eyes and teeth (especially if there's still a canine style tooth option I think that would be neat!) and as much variety in how you can style each werewolf like in Vampires, I'll be happy!

I'll be even more happy if there's skill trees and powers like vampires have! most if not all the occults should be able to have different 'builds' to make them feel less same-y and more fun to play with!
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited May 2022
    4su0OyZ.png
    Something, something, werewolves.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,411 Member
    I think a "human" form that's mainly normal, maybe we get body hair. But an alternate from like other occult where they look like a true werewolf/bipedal wolf.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,032 Member
    I want something like Skyrim werewolves, but I'd also love to have an actual dog form. It'd be a fun challenge to turn your sim into an animal and play the game that way. Imagine a rags to riches challenge where you play as a dog, or going undercover as someone's pet.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,694 Member
    This is a sims game, so we're getting something where adult sim werewolves can still do everyday stuff like making food and using the computer and mauling Nancy Landgraab like every other normal day. They wouldn't create an alternate form where you are stuck and can't do anything and basically be like a pet in a household...

This. A sim turns into an actual wolf and it does….what? Kills freezer bunnies? Terrorizes gnomes? Attacks evil chickens? Howls outside your door all night until it gets nerfed? I would think the basic form they take will need to be an actual, but beastly, humanoid sim in order to have any relational gameplay connected to the “beast” form. However, I could see a dark form sim-beast with a wolf travel mode, like vampires turning into mist or bats.

• Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I just want them to be properly editable in CAS. Past that I’m open to different interpretations.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I wouldn’t mind either form, as long as we can customize them.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I misinterpreted the first option of a "furry humanoid" being well... a furry at first. :joy: So I chose "actual wolves" without realizing you just meant something similar to the pictures being posted, as in a hairy, bipedal wolf. Oops.

In that case, my real answer is as long they can be edited in CAS, I don't really care one way or the other. I would like them attack/bite, and have powers too though.