Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Didn't they say they heard the occult players...

Comments

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Kathykins wrote: »
    My memory isn't that good, but weren't mummies temporary? You slept in the coffin, and turn into a mummy for XXX amount of time?

Ohh forgot about Carl's. He has everything you want to know, and probably then some, about mummies:
    https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/worldadventures/mummies.php

It's a permanent state. The curses are temporary as long as you seek a cure, otherwise *slides finger across throat*.

Yeah, its been so long since I played TS3! Too long really, World Adventures is my all time fav pack, out of all TS iterations. There is just so much to do, and the game felt so big. I STILL haven't done absolutely everything.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,577 Member
    If I were them I'd just tie Supernatural activity to lot traits and then create a new tab of lot traits. That way if you want Vampire Attacks for a lot, then they'll happen. If you have Zombies trait then they show up and tear up the garden and chase rabbits away or something. If you have Werewolves on then they show up and throw your garbage everywhere and harass pets, chickens, and cows. It just seems like a smarter way to handle that type of activity than a dumb all or nothing toggle. Bust the Dust should have always been a lot challenge for example. That way I don't have to watch my ancient vampires run around vacuuming
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    If I were them I'd just tie Supernatural activity to lot traits and then create a new tab of lot traits. That way if you want Vampire Attacks for a lot, then they'll happen. If you have Zombies trait then they show up and tear up the garden and chase rabbits away or something. If you have Werewolves on then they show up and throw your garbage everywhere and harass pets, chickens, and cows. It just seems like a smarter way to handle that type of activity than a dumb all or nothing toggle. Bust the Dust should have always been a lot challenge for example. That way I don't have to watch my ancient vampires run around vacuuming

Yes! Vampire nexus with a added snack-option.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    A werewolf wedding sounds awesome but a "werewolf" pack sounds even better. You can change into a wolf, create a pack, become an alpha. You don't choose your mate becuase you would imprint someone you find extremely attractive. So, then they end up being your mate. Oh em gee! Fun!

Hard time believing in an Alpha system, since all Sims are created equal. Nancy Landgraab is the most powerful Sim in the game but he doesn't differ in any way from other Sims. Children doesn'tlook up to their parents, besides being of different sizes, and Vlad do no t have any special command over the Vampires he sires
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member

I don't really like that solution myself because:

1- It makes attacks predictable to a specific household and I loved the unpredictability factor of random break-ins, especially since there is so little unpredictability in the game in the first place. Why should people who bought a pack called Vampires have to take an extra step to get them to act like Vampires? If anything, it should be a lot trait to null vampire attacks. But they already added an additional door lock against them so it's technically been taken care of already.

2 - The way Sims 4 works, there would be an excessive amount of Vampires breaking in all the time with a lot trait and the game would spam them until all the fun was drained from it and it became an overdone annoyance.

3. It's not being true to the theme. What's the point of making a theme only to make people take extra steps to play the theme? It's not like people have to add a lot trait in Parenthood to use character values or to get the gameplay the pack was designed for. The only time that makes sense is if it's part of a larger EP, like Mermaids. Then it makes sense to have a "trigger" to use them.

Just my two cents.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    What they need to do is add a new category for "World Traits" and put the supernatural toggles in there. It's a more finely tuned solution then global toggles while still retaining a level of unpredictability you wouldn't get with lot traits. Plus they could add "normal" sims as a world trait as well, so that people that like to play more fantastical games could keep the muggles out of their magic world, or however else the player wants to set it up.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    What they need to do is add a new category for "World Traits" and put the supernatural toggles in there. It's a more finely tuned solution then global toggles while still retaining a level of unpredictability you wouldn't get with lot traits. Plus they could add "normal" sims as a world trait as well, so that people that like to play more fantastical games could keep the muggles out of their magic world, or however else the player wants to set it up.

This sounds like a quite reasonable and viable compromise to me. If we had such a system I'd personally get better use out of it than occult traits in the form of lot challenges.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I don't really like that solution myself because:

1- It makes attacks predictable to a specific household and I loved the unpredictability factor of random break-ins, especially since there is so little unpredictability in the game in the first place. Why should people who bought a pack called Vampires have to take an extra step to get them to act like Vampires? If anything, it should be a lot trait to null vampire attacks. But they already added an additional door lock against them so it's technically been taken care of already.

2 - The way Sims 4 works, there would be an excessive amount of Vampires breaking in all the time with a lot trait and the game would spam them until all the fun was drained from it and it became an overdone annoyance.

3. It's not being true to the theme. What's the point of making a theme only to make people take extra steps to play the theme? It's not like people have to add a lot trait in Parenthood to use character values or to get the gameplay the pack was designed for. The only time that makes sense is if it's part of a larger EP, like Mermaids. Then it makes sense to have a "trigger" to use them.

Just my two cents.

I agree with Lielf. I do like the lot trait/challenge idea because I feel like no one can complain. But at the same time it's like why does everything supernatural have to be quietly tucked away and hidden in a corner? With all of these occults I have in game so far nothing supernatural happens that wasn't purposely directed. The most I see is a speed running vampire. All of the strange fun aspects of strangerville cannot even be experienced unless you live there and of course I don't want to live there all the time....
    Same with batuu which is even worse cause I CAN'T live there.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    The only way I'd believe that they actually "hearing" us is for there to be at least one occult focused pack a year from now until the end of TS4 lifespan. No more of this 3+ years of occult drought only to be thrown a bone to keep us quiet. One occult pack a year. That would show me that they actually do care about the simmers that do want it in their game. And none of this nerfing business either. Im tired of occults not being at their fullest potential just appease the players who dont even want the gameplay.

But seeing as how we havent had a new lifestate since RoM, only tells me that occults are perpetually on the backburner. If they are "listening" which I severely doubt, then I cant help but assume that it's in one ear and out the other.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    The only way I'd believe that they actually "hearing" us is for there to be at least one occult focused pack a year from now until the end of TS4 lifespan. No more of this 3+ years of occult drought only to be thrown a bone to keep us quiet. One occult pack a year. That would show me that they actually do care about the simmers that do want it in their game. And none of this nerfing business either. Im tired of occults not being at their fullest potential just appease the players who dont even want the gameplay.

But seeing as how we havent had a new lifestate since RoM, only tells me that occults are perpetually on the backburner. If they are "listening" which I severely doubt, then I cant help but assume that it's in one ear and out the other.

This!!! Just all of THIS! This is the only way I will believe the gurus at this point as well.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Also avoiding Vlad in my latest save was simple. He made his usual "Welcome to the neighborhood" call, and I took my sim out clubbing the next couple of nights, so I wasn't home at 11. Vlad problem solved. Substitute going to the park, late night studies at the library or even date nights (your sims only need to be awake) and the solution is the same.

Some additional vampire remedies are locking the door and a garlic farm of about 10 plants out front. They can't bite if can't get in or are too sick. Discovered a few years ago that Vlad likes the waterslide.

• Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I would also really like some kind of customization manager for occult gameplay with lots of different lot traits or settings. They were able to do such extreme customization for neighborhood stories like hundreds of Sims in my save quitting jobs and getting new ones, moving around to different houses, having babies and pets ... so I think they can do something similar for the neighborhoods and worlds with intensity level settings for vampires, maybe some neighbourhoods have a lot of attacks and others have no vampires, I don't want any human Sims in Glimmerbrook academy, maybe something that turns Sims into mermaids or vampires or spellcasters through the NH stories like Bob Pancakes just ate some kelp and now he's a mermaid.. And I want family gameplay too, but I also want family gameplay for my supernatural Sims. I just really want the supernatural kids to get some abilities. The vampire kids should run really fast and turn into cute bats and the toddlers should bite other toddlers. Mermaid kids should have special swimming abilities and be able to talk to goldfishes too. And I really don't understand why the spellcaster kids can't do magic. They should give the kids some magic! How could they rip off Harry Potter like that and not give any magic to the child sims. I love that pack, but not including family gameplay was so disappointing.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have a good stack of mods and everything is working fine in my game. Haven’t updated since Tartosa came and I will not go through my mods for a few kits.

Currently I don’t have the energy for Mass Effect, playing Sims 4 is more relaxing to me. But I miss having the excitement that I usually get from occults.

If Sims 5 will have less occults it could just stop a magic and be done.

At least I have the werewolf-mod to look forward too.
  • Options
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I would also really like some kind of customization manager for occult gameplay with lots of different lot traits or settings. They were able to do such extreme customization for neighborhood stories like hundreds of Sims in my save quitting jobs and getting new ones, moving around to different houses, having babies and pets ... so I think they can do something similar for the neighborhoods and worlds with intensity level settings for vampires, maybe some neighbourhoods have a lot of attacks and others have no vampires, I don't want any human Sims in Glimmerbrook academy, maybe something that turns Sims into mermaids or vampires or spellcasters through the NH stories like Bob Pancakes just ate some kelp and now he's a mermaid.. And I want family gameplay too, but I also want family gameplay for my supernatural Sims. I just really want the supernatural kids to get some abilities. The vampire kids should run really fast and turn into cute bats and the toddlers should bite other toddlers. Mermaid kids should have special swimming abilities and be able to talk to goldfishes too. And I really don't understand why the spellcaster kids can't do magic. They should give the kids some magic! How could they rip off Harry Potter like that and not give any magic to the child sims. I love that pack, but not including family gameplay was so disappointing.

I agree with everything you say, except for having regular NPC's being turned into occults. It was a huge problem with the story progression in TS3, with nearly every NPC becoming a celebrity, a vampire or leaving their jobs to become a Showtime performer because the game didn't bother to generate random townie occults, celebs or Showtime performers to fill those niches. Like in theory and on paper it was a nice idea, but quickly became a nuisance, when all of the worlds were suddenly populated with vampire celebrities and Showtime buskers. It was so bad with the buskers that they'd never reset, so they'd be stuck at a location for weeks until they glitched through the ground and couldn't be interacted anymore (most common with the singer performer).

This issue wasn't really fixed until TS3 Supernatural came out, which added a toggle to disable the creation of new occults, celebrities and stray pets/wild horses (yet ignored the Showtime performer invasion). But then Island Paradise was added and Mermaids were never added to the toggle, so there was an invasion of mersims, in worlds where it didn't make sense. This was never fixed, as TS3 came to an end not long after that addition.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    @halloweenchild Oh wow, that sounds crazy. I didn't actually play Sims 3. Yeah toggles would definitely be needed so that the world didn't get overwhelmed with new supernatural Sims, just like with the babies and pet adoptions, but also I think frequency settings. I don't really like the random NPC's anyway so I leave them out of my saved Sims in the library. Maybe they should be left out of the gameplay since like you mentioned they are usually doing some job I think. They spawn randomly sometimes as supernatural Sims though. I get some aliens and vampires, but not many. I was thinking more my own Sims, because I have quite a lot from the Maxis gallery and fill the worlds with them.
  • Options
    WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    A part of my wants a post-apocalyptic pack, completely with a deserted town (with "survivors" taiing up residence) perhaps one of the already existing towns, build mode items for bomb shelters and mutants as a new supernatural lifestate.

I'd be down for werewolves, fairies and perhaps succubi/incubi as well.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Werescythe wrote: »
    A part of my wants a post-apocalyptic pack, completely with a deserted town (with "survivors" taiing up residence) perhaps one of the already existing towns, build mode items for bomb shelters and mutants as a new supernatural lifestate.

A post-apocalyptic pack would be awesome. The Sims 4 meets Fallout 4.... raiders and mutants and bomb shelters, oh my! :o
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member

A post-apocalyptic pack would be awesome. The Sims 4 meets Fallout 4.... raiders and mutants and bomb shelters, oh my! :o

Yeah, like being a raider could be a new life goal (or perhaps open up fun options for evil sims).
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • Options
    @halloweenchild Oh wow, that sounds crazy. I didn't actually play Sims 3. Yeah toggles would definitely be needed so that the world didn't get overwhelmed with new supernatural Sims, just like with the babies and pet adoptions, but also I think frequency settings. I don't really like the random NPC's anyway so I leave them out of my saved Sims in the library. Maybe they should be left out of the gameplay since like you mentioned they are usually doing some job I think. They spawn randomly sometimes as supernatural Sims though. I get some aliens and vampires, but not many. I was thinking more my own Sims, because I have quite a lot from the Maxis gallery and fill the worlds with them.

Yeah, it was nuts, it was pretty annoying too because my sims would keep getting notifications like "Sam just became friends with the vampire Thomas, Sam better watch his neck around his newfound friend," legit the night after meeting Thomas who had been a human sim when they met, they would then get another notification the next day saying that "Sam is friends with Thomas the 1-star celeb, Sam is moving on up in the world." etc, repeat ad nausum for every NPC acquaintance and family member until there were no human sims left.
    It's funny in hindsight, but I still get feelings of suppressed rage when I stop and think about it. :neutral:

The only time I really interact or use NPC's is when I give them makeovers because they always dress as though they fell blindly into a secondhand clothing shop and just walked out with whatever they happened to fall into. Though, sometimes I will make my own NPC's, because why the heck not? Lol.
  • Options
    @halloweenchild Can you make your own NPC's take up jobs so that no new ones are spawned on lots anymore when you visit? I try to edit mine, but it gets exhausting because new ones spawn all the time.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited April 2022

Yesssssssss!!!! That's all I ever wanted 😭😭😭😭 horses would be a nice addition for this too. For transportation.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    @halloweenchild Can you make your own NPC's take up jobs so that no new ones are spawned on lots anymore when you visit? I try to edit mine, but it gets exhausting because new ones spawn all the time.

In the sims 3? Yeah, I did that from time to time, but it didn't stop the story progression from deciding it was time for NPCs to become a vampire/celeb/showtime performers etc.
  • Options

In the sims 3? Yeah, I did that from time to time, but it didn't stop the story progression from deciding it was time for NPCs to become a vampire/celeb/showtime performers etc.

Oh I meant in Sims 4. I don't think you can do that in Sims 4 unfortunately. It would be nice though.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    You can do it in Sims 4, @Elliandre, but it requires some mods to do it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    @Stormkeep Which mods can do that? :smile: