Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Not many things annoy me much in Sims 4, but there's one thing that's been bugging me since the neighborhood stories were added to the game.
    My Sims 4 is in Finnish and when the babies are born or adopted to Sims they get Finnish first names, even if the parents have foreign names. For example now there's a lot of Indian or Polynesian families who have babies with Finnish first names. Their names just don't match with the rest of their families.

one of the many reasons I switched to playing in english :lol:
    (that and the want for original text things in my game cause they're fun to read)

remember when I played ts2 in finnish and bella goth was johanna goottila.... horrifying :lol:
    I've been thinking of changing it too, I'm just afraid that it will mess up my saved games.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member
    This has probably already been mentioned but it is really odd that the BFF household are all merely acquittances. I guess my standards for qualifying as a BFF are impossibly high by sims standards...as much as sims are capable of standards given how some of them act.
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited April 2022
    When your Sims are asleep at 2:30am and you go to manage the world to check how the NCPs are doing and make any needed changes. Never going into live mode just changing something in CAS, build/buy from the world map or moving sims to a different house. Then when you go back to your household it’s 6:30am. Why?
    Post edited by TeeSea on
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Just had a sim whose hygiene was low use up a Waterfall in a Bottle (from Jungle Adventure) instead of using the shower directly behind him. Sometimes I think these sims are like children that take delight in making their babysitters and substitute teachers crack.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    This has probably already been mentioned but it is really odd that the BFF household are all merely acquittances. I guess my standards for qualifying as a BFF are impossibly high by sims standards...as much as sims are capable of standards given how some of them act.

I just decided that it instead stands for Bizarre Fruit Friends

which do not have to be besties :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Drilling down 3 million and 6 levels in the friendly category to select Try to Calm Down/Cheer Up and it's not there.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

I just decided that it instead stands for Bizarre Fruit Friends

which do not have to be besties :lol:

That's the best explanation I've heard yet.🤣
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Drilling down 3 million and 6 levels in the friendly category to select Try to Calm Down/Cheer Up and it's not there.

Did you know things are alphabetical?
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »

Indeed - its why T for Try is always near the bottom of the structure. Now, if we could click a reverse alphabetical button that would be nice.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    That is not correct. The first sorting priority is determined by numerical weighting that each interaction gets. All interactions are assigned a value from 0 to 10 in the tuning files, with 10 being the highest priority. Alphabetic only comes into play when things have identical weighting assigned.
    This is how mods that move things to the front of the pie menu generally work; they adjust the tuning to assign the interaction a priority value of 10.

Try to Calm Down has a priority setting of 0 on social menus, which puts it behind not only everything beginning with the letters A-S, but also everything that has any priority set higher than 0 regardless of what letter they start with.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    My sims never use the pool unless there's a floatie raft in it. Fully ignore it. Even my energetic athletic sims won't swim unprompted. They'd rather talk to plants autonomously than swim. Put a raft in they won't stay out of the thing even in winter. They'll sit and do their homework by the pool in the dead of winter in their swimwear but swim... nope. They need a raft first.
  • Options
    Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Lulu29, I think we all have that issue unless we use a mod that fixes it, it's just the way checking on toddlers and high chairs is tuned.

What I do is put the food on the high chair first, and only then have a sim put the toddler in. Then I have the toddler start eating as soon as they are in. Doing it that way, in that order, works 100% of the time for me.

Thanks for the heads up! It's one of the main things that irritate me about the game. Usually I have my Sims make food and then have the toddler have a plate of that. I'll try what you suggested though. :)
  • Options
    When I did the makeovers on Summer and Liberty I forgot to change their walk styles. I got an instant reminder when I got into live mode. The perky and goofy walks are hideous. What did those two do to deserve such treatment? Really default and feminine are the only two that aren't irritating. The creepy one was hilarious at first but it's annoying now because of the pace.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    The beachcombing animation annoys me every time that I have to see it. Every time.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sims standing around stuck in a loop of not functioning until I tell them to go do something else.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    edited April 2022
    Not many things annoy me much in Sims 4, but there's one thing that's been bugging me since the neighborhood stories were added to the game.
    My Sims 4 is in Finnish and when the babies are born or adopted to Sims they get Finnish first names, even if the parents have foreign names. For example now there's a lot of Indian or Polynesian families who have babies with Finnish first names. Their names just don't match with the rest of their families.

I have my game in English and for some reason literally all my townies have Japanese sounding last names. I have deleted almost all premades and all of their replacements has Japanese names. Would be completely fine with it if I was playing in Snowy Escapes world. But my simmers live in HOB
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    having no way to turn off get together arcade machines and the sounds from them like they're cool but having them going all the time is distracting to say the least yet id like to use them sometimes
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member

I have my game in English and for some reason literally all my townies have Japanese sounding last names. I have deleted almost all premades and all of their replacements has Japanese names. Would be completely fine with it if I was playing in Snowy Escapes world. But my simmers live in HOB

This makes Me crazy to. I am all for inclusiveness and having a variety of Sims and Backgrounds in My game but there should be a some kind of AI that controls this. If a NPC is going to get placed in say Henford then they should fit that world, that dress, and that type of name for the area. An occasional off name or family is fine though just not all of them. Just like in Sulani they all dress Sulani style and have Sulani names. In the City it is appropriate to have a wide mix. In the suburbs a mix is good to. Right now the way the random name picking works with NPC's it gravitates toward the Indian, Polynesian, Asian sounding names more then any other. In my old save "I ended up deleting it" the entire population of Henford was Polynesian or Indian. And I am not prejudice, just so everyone knows, lol..I am Polynesian but live in the Midwest USA now. I turned off fill empty homes bc of this and now pay more attention to what is going on with NS and fill lots myself.

I also thought I would take the opportunity to add in again my original pet peeve in the hopes that someday it will be nixed out of the game. The thing that sims do when they sit down to eat and start talking. There is no reason for them to get up, put there food in their inventory, hug or kiss and then sit back down, put plate on the table and then start talking. You just seen each other a few hours ago before work, it's not like it has been a year. This makes me insane and is almost enough to force me to start using mods. I really really do not want to start using mods until they are done updating the game all the time. I don't want to drag down the fun of playing with shuffling mods and broken content in and out of files. I have stopped letting my sims eat together unless they get talking out of the way before sitting down first, and even then they still do it sometimes.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited April 2022
    I like half walls. The trims are another story. It's annoying how far the trims overhang the ends of the wall.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

Yeah it's a population bug, it started with City Living, Got worse and worse with each non-English/European world that was added. The game just goes out of it's way to just overgenerate NPC's/Townies with non-English/European names. Now, in and of itself is a good idea, especially if you're playing in said world. But when you're not, it can get distracting pretty quickly.

Some worlds are more forgiving than others, like San Myshuno, Del Sol Valley, you expect to come across a wide variety of people/sims because they're big cities, heck even Willow Creek and Oasis Springs to an extent, you could see families moving to the burbs to escape the city, But certainly not to the extent that it is currently.

Like everything in TS4, it's overly excessive to the point of being annoying.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Sims standing around stuck in a loop of not functioning until I tell them to go do something else.

Yep, even with autonomy turned on, they can sometimes just stand around not doing anything. You know, when they're not behaving as though they all have ADHD or something. XO
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    spend4zen wrote: »

This makes Me crazy to. I am all for inclusiveness and having a variety of Sims and Backgrounds in My game but there should be a some kind of AI that controls this. If a NPC is going to get placed in say Henford then they should fit that world, that dress, and that type of name for the area..

this also would be fixed if we could assign the npcs ourselves and game wouldn't need to reach for randomized sim or random premade everytime
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Today I stumbled upon a truly trivial annoyance. Two of my Sims wear glasses. The Mom and her second son, my Global Superstar. Why does she wear her glasses (or just glasses, as these are NOT the ones I selected for her) to BED? I know of no one, myself included who wears glasses to bed. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @GalacticGal...because you have glasses set on her "sleep" category outfit?
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited April 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @GalacticGal...because you have glasses set on her "sleep" category outfit?

Not me. LOL I missed the fact the game slipped them on her. Gr.

No, that's not what happened either. I just watched. She changed into the very same pajamas and no glasses this time. What the heck is going on? :open_mouth:
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/