Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I know I've said this before... repeatedly, but the way likes and dislikes work is just plain bad. The idea is great; like something, get a positive emotion, dislike something and... do nothing, maybe get a bored emotion if subjected to things the sim doesn't like long enough, longer than that, then start getting tense. But this actively seeking out things the sims dislike, getting all tense, throwing a fit, pooing their pants and stomping around like a 5 year old.... :s Oh, and asking someone their hobby and they tell you "I dislike painting". I have no words.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Spam calls from married NPC females asking my played sim if they should try for a baby with their spouse.

First off...I just met you. Why is my opinion important enough that you're going to call me and ask for that kind of advice? Shouldn't you discuss that with your spouse?
    Secondly...I advised you to go for it earlier this morning. Why are you calling me again today to ask the same question? Oh wait...you didn't catch what I said the first two times that you called me today so you're going to call again tonight for a third time to ask the same question...?

This all start happening with the the first iteration of the "neighborhood stories" update in my game. It's just gotten worse with the last update. It's gotten to the point where I've made every single married NPC family get a divorce in my main save. Bella, Eliza, Nancy...all of them.

Am I the only one going through this or has this just become an acceptable part of game play now?

I have the same problem. And in the end, no matter what I answer, they never have that baby and just keep calling. I haven't made anyone get a divorce because of it, but I have changed the CAS settings of some of the greatest offenders to be unable to have a baby, which stops the calls for me.
  • Options
    BatDoodBatDood Posts: 11 New Member
    > @AngeliqueAdelaide said:
    > I have the same problem. And in the end, no matter what I answer, they never have that baby and just keep calling. I haven't made anyone get a divorce because of it, but I have changed the CAS settings of some of the greatest offenders to be unable to have a baby, which stops the calls for me.

Surprisingly enough, after I told Bella to "go for it" enough times, eventually I got a follow-up call that she had the baby and invited my sim over to introduce myself. My sim shows up and there's no baby there. Huh? "Hey Bella, good old Morty must be shooting blanks because I don't see this baby anywhere around". The very next day Bella calls my sim to ask if she should try for a baby. Really? We're gonna do this again?
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I dislike how people use custom poses in the gallery listings because the sim never looks like the one on the listing.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I hate it when I tell them to stop doing something and they won't. Much needed time lost. I'm screaming at them to stop. I don't know why they can't hear me ! I'm sure the neighbors can LOL !!!
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    edited April 2022
    Latest way my sims have been trying to drive me insane, popping open an umbrella and giving me the no-can-do wave to what I put in the queue for them because they are, well, holding an umbrella. Some rain drops hit their head and they pop out the umbrella, and apparently they are incapable of holding the umbrella and fertilizing plants at the same time. And the one that really got me was when he couldn't get into the shower because for some reason they were holding an opened umbrella inside the house!
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    My jealous sim keeps getting jealous of her husband interacting with their toddler-aged daughter. She also gets a moodlet that acknowledges how irrational her jealousy is. This feels... Inappropriate & I don't like it. Yet another reason I'm learning to mod, this is definitely one of the first things I want to figure out how to take out of the game.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,938 Member
    @naeshelle That is definitely creepy. I've never used the jealous trait so I'm not familiar with how that one plays. MCCC has an option to put a tag on a specific sim so that sim won't cause jealousy. Open MCCC, scroll down to flag active sims, scroll down again to MC tuner, and then you should see flag for no jealousy. I haven't tried it yet myself but I think that should hopefully cure that issue.

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited April 2022
    The fact that you cannot filter Sims by family, while colleages, roommates, livestock and groups are filterable options.

@neashelle: You could try my lessjealous mod until you learned how to do mod yourself. I can tell you though that this is certainly not a mod to get started with as the game has currently no means (I'm aware of) to check if the Sim your Sim's husband is interacting with is family.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    @naeshelle well that explains why my Sim was getting the jealousy moodlet suddenly. I never knew it was due to them having children. It was never a severe moodlet for her. I never use the trait but it was a part of a challenge I'm doing so I had no idea. How awful.
  • Options
    naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    edited April 2022
    @DaniRose2143 @83bienchen Thank you for the recommendations! I'm very glad to know this is a problem I can address & not just something I have to put up with. I'll be getting that mod ASAP.

@wahini2024 Yes, I had no clue either until I literally caught my sim getting ready to walk upstairs to "be jealous" (that's the interaction that was in her queue). When I checked, the only people upstairs were her husband & daughter. Her husband was playing with their daughter, so I don't know if any care interaction will trigger her or if it's the play interaction specifically. (Either way, it's weird so I'm glad we can mod it out lol)
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I had an encounter last night with a bug on Tartosa. My sim was at the lounge and I was ready to send her home, Piccola Luce. I clicked the little go home button like I always do. She left the building and started forward and stopped and I was ready for her to fade out and the load screen to appear. Instead she sort of jogged ahead a few steps, stopped, and started forward, again. This went on like 4 or 5 times before I got fed up and had her use her phone to travel home. Minor irritation because I've always used to the go home button if my sim is out alone. Now I have to re-train myself to default to using the phone even when she isn't in a group. I'm a routines girl when it comes to my simming, please don't disturb them.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,891 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I find it a lot quicker to open the map and send them home that way. If I click the home-icon, and the sim is in the same "zone", they will actually waste time by running up to their home lot and THEN I get the loading screen.

I also find it annoying that the "pick sim to travel with" opens up EVERY time I want to go anywhere. Wish that was a separate option. I will never bring other sims with me, unless they are part of the household.
  • Options
    @Kathykins You're right that is faster, but I'm such a creature of habit.๐Ÿ˜ And I had totally forgotten about the "pick sim to travel with" thing. That one is annoying.

Or when you get where your going as a group with a group activity planned and everybody scatters like birds the second you all arrive. And here you are reduced to being the cat wrangler trying to salvage the entire outing.
  • Options
    I'm very much a creature of habit as well :) I do travel quite a bit with single sims or a couple, but after the kids start showing up, they stay at home for the most part. The kids too will not really travel anywhere. I feel there really isn't enough time for anything after school, when homework/projects are done, other than take care of needs and work on skills/aspirations.
  • Options
    The crowded, rushed feeling is why most of my sims don't have kids. The time passes so fast that you can't get anything done. I'm good multitasker irl, but less so in the game
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    The crowded, rushed feeling is why most of my sims don't have kids. The time passes so fast that you can't get anything done. I'm good multitasker irl, but less so in the game

I had my sims literally wait a year(in sim-time) before they married. It was hard, but fun. They had their son another year later.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    A toddler's birth parents spawning on the lot the moment the rugrat is there alone for five plum minutes :s

It was already enervating and immersion breaking when I played my homeless toddler challenges (ironically the Batuu version was easiest in this regard) and it hasn't gotten better since then. Just today I brought over my active sim's best friend's toddler son, to simulate my sim watching over the kid (and her own) while the best friend was at work. Bamm, best friend spawned and wouldn't leave.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,982 Member
    edited April 2022
    Not having that saloon door from get famous saloon set as actual door

also not having that saloon sign separately

also still not having actual upright piano...

can you tell ive been wanting to build a saloon :lol: i just feel like strangerville needs one

also yeah cc probably exists but... its right there why can't it be useable T_T
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    The highchair thing really irritates me; idk if anyone else has this problem?! Sims go to put the toddler into the highchair for food (which is what I've commanded them to do), they then go to do something else. Yet always without fail they go to pick up the starving toddler out of the chair, when all the toddler wants to do is eat and then that notification comes up saying that they're starving. This always happens about 4/5 times before the poor toddler actually manages to eat.
    Please tell me I'm not alone in this? :D
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Lulu29, I think we all have that issue unless we use a mod that fixes it, it's just the way checking on toddlers and high chairs is tuned.

What I do is put the food on the high chair first, and only then have a sim put the toddler in. Then I have the toddler start eating as soon as they are in. Doing it that way, in that order, works 100% of the time for me.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    I never use highchairs because of that nonsense. I always have the little tots grab food themselves, its a lot easier than having their parents try to feed them. Which will almost always fail :D
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,387 Member
    edited April 2022
    Not many things annoy me much in Sims 4, but there's one thing that's been bugging me since the neighborhood stories were added to the game.
    My Sims 4 is in Finnish and when the babies are born or adopted to Sims they get Finnish first names, even if the parents have foreign names. For example now there's a lot of Indian or Polynesian families who have babies with Finnish first names. Their names just don't match with the rest of their families.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,982 Member
    edited April 2022
    Kimmer wrote: ยป
    Not many things annoy me much in Sims 4, but there's one thing that's been bugging me since the neighborhood stories were added to the game.
    My Sims 4 is in Finnish and when the babies are born or adopted to Sims they get Finnish first names, even if the parents have foreign names. For example now there's a lot of Indian or Polynesian families who have babies with Finnish first names. Their names just don't match with the rest of their families.

one of the many reasons I switched to playing in english :lol:
    (that and the want for original text things in my game cause they're fun to read)

remember when I played ts2 in finnish and bella goth was johanna goottila.... horrifying :lol:
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Fun & Social Needs in Sims 4 are always maxed! I actually challenge myself to see how low I can get these two.

Socialization is 'strongly' encouraged all the time:
    -Welcome Wagon
    -Household
    -Pets
    -Socialize with Co-workers
    -Plants
    -Phone
    -PC
    -Randoms inserting themselves in conversation

And Fun is involved in almost every single activity. Energy/Bladder/Hygiene/Hunger usually tanks before the Fun does. Which is not much Fun for me. If 5 is created the same way, then I hope they remove these motives or make them more Motivating.