Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I've lost 3 sims (Hysterical death)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited June 2018
    keenow wrote: »
    Nope! My game is just as safe as ever -I'm actually kind of jealous :lol:

Me too. I've had Sims get hysterical, but never to the point where they die.
    I only get boring deaths, from old age or VSS (Vampire Sun Stupidity).
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I've lost so many from hysteria, when my SIM goes to the humor festival it's like a killing field, she has funniest joke in the world, she's lost a few new friends during welcome wagons
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    edited June 2018
    The restaurant looks like the same restaurant, same table my Sim died from hysteria … too funny, I mean quite the coincidence!
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Feisbukaite Keep an eye on your Sims when they are in the playful mood - if it escalates and they become 'very playful' get them to a mirror right away and select 'calm down'. Also, avoid giving your Sims the 'goofball' trait, as it will put the Sim in question in a playful mood much more often.

Be vigilant, I have not yet had a Sim die from hysteria.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    I have never had anyone die from hysteria. I had one person die after peeing himself very closely after a failed proposal who died of mortification but that's it. Surely it's a bug if people are dying during the welcome wagon, for example?
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    edited July 2018
    Nindigo wrote: »
    @Feisbukaite Keep an eye on your Sims when they are in the playful mood - if it escalates and they become 'very playful' get them to a mirror right away and select 'calm down'. Also, avoid giving your Sims the 'goofball' trait, as it will put the Sim in question in a playful mood much more often.

Be vigilant, I have not yet had a Sim die from hysteria.

None of dead had goofball trait. I do send them to calm down after having 4 deaths and 1 dead but saved after pleading. It’s as easy to die in my game as to freeze to death. But I think it might be related to my very very old save.
    Post edited by Feisbukaite on
  • Options
    BandakBandak Posts: 62 Member
    I tried and tried to make one of my Legacy sims die of hysteria! This was on the last day of his life, so I decided to try to achieve one of the 10 deaths needed for a legacy point. I made him watch a playful painting, watch comedy for hours, read "Make Them Laugh 'Til They Cry", take a bubble bath, play in his own pee puddle...😬 But he never came beyond Very Playful, and late that night the Reaper came for him.

Greatful for the tip about +15 and happy potions above here! Thanks!

bandaklegacy.home.blog
  • Options
    tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    edited April 2022
    I've had one sim die four times from hysteria! Luckily, I've got a sim who has a constant 'very confident' moodlet who can 'demand' that the grim reaper saves her. I'm not sure how many more times this is going to work.
    Sims are not allowed to have nicely decorated houses; this can only lead to death. Misery is the only option. Nobody has ever died from being poor, cold or hungry! /s

The thing was with The Sims one, two and three was that you always felt 'in control' of your sims. Yes, bad stuff happened... but not often. It's one of the things that the VI that is running the Sims 4 show takes away from the player and it's the golden rule that a game should never break.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Be vigilant, I have not yet had a Sim die from hysteria
    @Nindigo Not always easy to spot with a larger family in the middle of a party... sometimes it just happens!
  • Options
    BarelyCopingBarelyCoping Posts: 2 New Member
    That sounds so unlucky 😭

Once I made a sim named Nai and she married five different men and they all died in blizzards.

One of them happened in summer 😏
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    It seems to be the same location where your deaths are happening so it is something wrong with the lot, if it has CC or if it was made by someone else on the gallery it could have those playful Sim dolls or something somewhere that your not seeing. I would avoid that lot or look further into what is causing the issue bc It does not sound like a bug or glitch. It sounds like its a problem with the lot itself.
  • Options
    I think I've traced it... I use the Tiki Topper Island Paradise Award. I will use one of these award lights in a room on a shelf, along with a meduso or a dragon or a decorative egg (etc) and usually an element of some type. It can make a room more desirable but I tend to forget that the auras are on. One single light in a nicely decorated room can cause hysteria amongst sims!!!
    I removed the Tiki light and the hysteria disappeared...
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    One single light in a nicely decorated room can cause hysteria amongst sims!!!

This is why I have disabled hysterical deaths in my game. All of the other deaths from emotions I've left enabled, but hysterical ones are just too easy to have happen. If you keep your sims happy, all it takes is a single toddler in the household with autonomy on, because interacting with toddlers can get sims playful.
    Before I disabled them, I had every single played adult sim in my game dying from hysteria as soon as they had toddlers.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods