Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I've lost 3 sims (Hysterical death)

FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
I play for years and never had a single death from hysteria. In 2 weeks I've lost 2 sims and right now another one just got up from the dinner table, he is going to drop dead.
First one died at home, got up from bed and dropped dead (YA). Second died in the same restaurant (YA). She was meeting her sisters ( she has a twin sister).
Now Adonis is dying too, he went to have dinner with his siblings ( he is from triplets), parents and aunt. Sadly another dinner is going to end tragically. He is YA. At least he was able to meet his newborn daughter yesterday ...

Ohh well ... :( I'm thinking if I should exit without saving. Too many deaths in my game ..
nvYbz3b.png

K0eHIWq.png
The same restaurant another death

eOUhDeC.png
LpwZoCG.png

There is nothing wrong with the restaurant. I have it in my game for a very long time.
Sadly I don't have a picture of the first death.

Anyone else is having more frequent deaths than usual ?

Post edited by Feisbukaite on

Comments

• Options
    His wife was pleading to spare his life
    QtQbERd.png
    but nope
    SIKI8oL.png
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    Nope! My game is just as safe as ever -I'm actually kind of jealous :lol:
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    It's to be expected. As more and more content was released for the game, there became more and more ways to obtain happy moodlets and the sims themselves are happier than ever. Yet the amount of playful required to reach hysteria was never adjusted. So it's very easy to have sims accidentally get a playful moodlet and die.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2018
    I had a couple deaths this way right after we got Parenthood and right after Laundry Day. Something was making my Sims super playful and they kept dying. Hasn’t happened in a while though.
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    yup have to make sure the happiness moodlet total does not get to +15 !!!! that's exactly when Hysteria happens. (In fact last week I also had 1 death by laughter in my game :D )
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I've been playing since 2016 and I've never had a death from an emotion that I didn't directly cause.
  • Options
    I rolled with it. Wife took his urn and went home just to be taken by the aliens. I hope she is not going to be impregnated ...
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I've never had that happen to me, and I don't think sims should die from emotions. I would rather see something similar to the aspiration failure in sims 2 where the therapist showed up. If your sim reaches a certain threshold for anger or embarassed (maybe also playful), then the therapist shows up.
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    all the time! it might be rare on fresh sims, but on sims who have more traits or vampires who get happy in the nighttime for example, one joke could be lethal!
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    I've never had that happen. Apparently my sims are just too easy to calm down. I did think I might have lost a comedian that way, because he'd been busy practicing telling jokes at the time, but when I checked it turned out he died of natural causes.
    image.png
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    How do you get so many people to sit on a table at once? What a miracle.

Also, in the second picture I see a girl with a light green dress, brown hair and a green pin sitting at the table. Where did you get that hairstyle? Is it CC or a pack?
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    PikaKnightPikaKnight Posts: 19 Member
    My butlers (3 or 4 of them) kept dying. And then I realized I forgot to assign them the bed after the first one switched out for some reason. >.>
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,435 Member
    I had an elder sim die of exhaustion after woohooing, I needed him gone and didn’t have the guts to drown him..atleast he went out having fun. I heard sims can die of being “mortified” I not remember what’s called but my teen sim comes back from school like that and walks like a zombie...I quickly bring her to a better state as I don’t want to lose her
  • Options
    ElenPink wrote: »
    How do you get so many people to sit on a table at once? What a miracle.

Also, in the second picture I see a girl with a light green dress, brown hair and a green pin sitting at the table. Where did you get that hairstyle? Is it CC or a pack?

It was 6 people seated at that table. They all arrived together and were seated together. I often have 8 sims sitting by that table. Sometimes somebody goes striking, or use the bathroom, but always comes back.

It/s cc hair Helens slide hair by Birksche . I think I found it here http://www.xurbansimsx.com/2018/03/toddler-hair-only-31-hairs-wlinks-sims.html
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    How do you guys get to extreme emotions? It is rare for me to reach the 'very' tier, which is the second tier. Do you guys tell jokes while watching comedy, while covering your room in funny objects, while drinking funny tea, while playing games?
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    How do you guys get to extreme emotions? It is rare for me to reach the 'very' tier, which is the second tier. Do you guys tell jokes while watching comedy, while covering your room in funny objects, while drinking funny tea, while playing games?

No, its really not that hard. I play a vampire sim a lot and he is always struggling. He gets +3 happiness just for it being night time. +2 if his needs are high and they usually are. If he happens to be in a nice room, another +3. He is cheerful so he often gets +1. Morning and Night sim traits also give him +1 when they are on. Thats already +10 without the sim even doing a single thing to get it. It becomes very easy to reach hysteria like that.
  • Options
    KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    Sounds eventful! I've never had an emotional death in my game.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Options
    ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    My sims have only died from old age and one time my toddler got taken away but that's about it...
  • Options

I have no idea. During all 3 deaths I never told my sim to joke. They were having conversation and then dead another second ... They become too playful without help. And it began very recently in my game.
  • Options
    I'll take another brother with relatives to see if it's going to happen again.
  • Options
    Just updating, I lost 4th sim yesterday, died from laughter ( she was spared after pleading).
  • Options
    mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    I'm sorry. My condolences go to the sim families affected
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    I recently aged my teen up during a mood swing and he died of anger or rage. (I don't remember the exact name for the cause of death) It doesn't happen too often for me, but when it does I am always shocked.

I know that hysteria is no joke, so I normally have them try to calm their selves in the mirror before it gets to that point.
  • Options
    worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, I've heard that hysterical deaths have been happening a lot more lately ever since Laundry Day. It was because of one of the potential moodlets for doing laundry being a powerful playful moodlet. I think the Sims Team actually had to tone that moodlet down as a result of the problem.

What's happening here, I think, is that Seasons introduced a lot of new happy moodlets, some being really powerful happy moodlets. If you throw even ONE playful moodlet into that mix, your Sim can immediately become hysterical. If I were you, I'd make a thread about this in the feedback forum. It really does need to be tweaked.
    Post edited by worldofdrakan on
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I play for years and never had a single death from hysteria. In 2 weeks I've lost 2 sims and right now another one just got up from the dinner table, he is going to drop dead.
    First one died at home, got up from bed and dropped dead (YA). Second died in the same restaurant (YA). She was meeting her sisters ( she has a twin sister).
    Now Adonis is dying too, he went to have dinner with his siblings ( he is from triplets), parents and aunt. Sadly another dinner is going to end tragically. He is YA. At least he was able to meet his newborn daughter yesterday ...

Ohh well ... :( I'm thinking if I should exit without saving. Too many deaths in my game ..
    nvYbz3b.png

K0eHIWq.png
    The same restaurant another death

eOUhDeC.png
    LpwZoCG.png

There is nothing wrong with the restaurant. I have it in my game for a very long time.
    Sadly I don't have a picture of the first death.

Anyone else is having more frequent deaths than usual ?

You can disable emotional deaths in MCCC. Some of you might think me being a bit evil but I have a bit of a macabre sense of humour

When I have my mods up, I use The Extreme Violence mod and then make the evil sims have autonomous killing allowed and watch the bodies rack up. The Reaper hates some of them more than others. *cough cough* Max Villareal. I think Max was up to a body count of 30 or 40 could be more, he is always covered in blood and a reputation of 40 at last count before I disabled my mods and started a new game with the mods disabled.

I don't believe in too many Sim deaths just not enough Sims to die. lol

I know that may sound heartless of me to say but when they keep spawning like mad someone has to act as population control and why not let evil sims do what they do best and be evil.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]