Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What does your Newcrest look like?

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,978 Member
    Newcrest tends to be where I just stick all the restaurants because most worlds don't have room for them :)

• Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited March 2022
    Here's mine. A visual representation to @MoonlightGraham's description.

VecbrBA.png

Thank you, @SweetieWright_84. I didn't feel quite right posting a picture of your Newcrest. I was hoping you would see the thread and do it yourself. :)

My Sims are partial to the red house in Bridgeview.

Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    aparkisonaparkison Posts: 135 Member
    edited March 2022
    So many ideas, y'all! Thank you!

@Stormkeep did you download your Vet Clinic or build it yourself? I only have a EA renovation of the default clinic in Brindleton Bay in my game, because I've had a hard time finding a clinic I'm really happy with for any other world. I really struggle with building community lots.

I think Ridgeline Drive would be a good place to put a Vet Clinic, actually. I was going to try and squeeze one in Willow Creek or Magnolia Promenade, but I've got both of those worlds totally filled.

Thank you @simgirl1010 for those links! Much appreciated!

@SweetieWright_84 I'd love to poke around your save file and look at your lots. Do you have a link to download it?
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,130 Member
    edited March 2022
    aparkison wrote: »
    @SweetieWright_84 I'd love to poke around your save file and look at your lots. Do you have a link to download it?

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/963759/sweetiewrights-save-file/p1

The second post are the pictures of each world up to Tartosa, and some of the households.

Edit: also the download links are in the first post on the first page (in blue).
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/963759/sweetiewrights-save-file/p1

The second post are the pictures of each world up to Tartosa, and some of the households.

Edit: also the download links are in the first post on the first page (in blue).

Wonderful! Thank you so much!
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited March 2022
    In most of my saves, Newcrest just serves as a world to place needed venues. But I do have one save where I've filled all the lots with a mix of venues and households. The lots themselves come from quiescence90. The households are a mix of sims from the Gallery--including streamer simselves, comic book and movie heroes, Maxis' Patina Wainscot and Antony Morales, plus a variety of families.
    y4mqyUm624hW_YaIkCcRbUUhJyPYgGkDlL1zAI9nIVlKmp7ACm4Yj-Sv9ynUT3brQ8QVawEV5yMs01I90a7IjdHcaKi5jHftKL56oqpHYgVCciUqARcOgjfbQJX1HtKn6eoELqdDMavqK-5I1WOXG-irT3GrMql9MDR1Qb9USEncqmLwqVM-3X7vXVgVafan5t0?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
  • Options
    Wonderful! Thank you so much!

You're very welcome! I forgot to add that there are both a populated and unpopulated version.

My Sims are partial to the red house in Bridgeview.

I've started many sims out in that lot. I haven't played in Newcrest in a long time.
  • Options
    Thank you for that link @lanlyn! They have some really nice lots!

I'm trying to play this save in order, so Willow Creek, then Oasis Springs, Newcrest and so on. I think my next major hiccup will be Windenburg, because I am just not a fan of Tudor homes at all, but I'll see how it goes.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,149 Member
    edited March 2022
    My current 2014 Newcrest looks like this.

1HWzCSx.png

It has changed a lot during the time of 120 years of the challenge, I've posted these older versions im my own thread or in one of the other newcrest thread. I've build and demolished a lot of buildings during that time, some stayed as a literally ruin for many years and were later updated and renovated. The style is heavy mixed. The newest building is the german version of a tuscian villa, where my main family lives right now. However, this version of newcrest very bland and boring, and I see I have to renovate the 1920's house types. Just, the modern building style it's so plain and boring, sigh, it's not really challenging to build them, while the early houses had a lot of wall decoration on a must-have level.
    LrDT0JN.png
    LPYTKj3.png
    rr2SMfP.png
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited March 2022
    The Newcrest in my main save has gone through a number of changes over the years. Since there are more commercial than residential lots I mostly play here with sims visiting from other worlds.

Ridgeline Drive contains all of this world's restaurants. Restaurants are my favourite venue to take sims when they leave the house. The one played household here works as a retail lot thanks to a mod.

The Llama Lagoon neighbourhood has two played households, a gym/spa/pool, an arcade and a mall.

The Bridgeview neighourhood's played household also operates as a retail lot.

BznxYT5.png
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Empty, except for one park for kids from other worlds to meet and play. It does not interest me overmuch, as I find the scenery there kind of bland.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Tbh, I really don't do much with Newcrest in my saves. I prefer to renovate the existing structures in other worlds to fit my needs
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 883 Member
    In my save files, it kind of varies.
    In one it has mostly residential, with a museum, and mall. Everything was taken from the Gallery, except for the haunted house that came from Paranormal.
    In another save, I have three families living as neighbors, and they are the only three in the entire save.
    One more save is residential with 11-14 families.
    I use Newcrest for my extra families, or put it on the back burner for future generations.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    @aparkison, the Vet clinic I have in Newcrest is from the gallery originally, though I've done some renovations. That's how I do almost all of my 'building'...I am rather lazy, so I always start with someone else's work even if I feel the need to do a ton of renovations. In this case, however, it was already a very lovely Vet clinic and my renovations where minimal.
    It is named Modern Vet Clinic and originally by SMTheTerp. (I had to edit this reply because it used to sort to the top if you sort by "most popular" for that size lot, but it's not showing up at all when I search that way now. I had to go to the creator's gallery specifically to find it)
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @aparkison, the Vet clinic I have in Newcrest is from the gallery originally, though I've done some renovations. That's how I do almost all of my 'building'...I am rather lazy, so I always start with someone else's work even if I feel the need to do a ton of renovations. In this case, however, it was already a very lovely Vet clinic and my renovations where minimal.
    It is named Modern Vet Clinic and originally by SMTheTerp. (I had to edit this reply because it used to sort to the top if you sort by "most popular" for that size lot, but it's not showing up at all when I search that way now. I had to go to the creator's gallery specifically to find it)

Thanks! I'm the same way, because I usually prefer renovating and redecorating over building from scratch. I struggle with community lots and I have never enjoyed landscaping.
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm the same way, because I usually prefer renovating and redecorating over building from scratch. I struggle with community lots and I have never enjoyed landscaping.

Community lots are challenging when you're used to building houses. I always use reference/inspiration pictures.

As for landscaping, I used to really hate it but now I find it relaxing. I usually know what I want to do with it before I start. I also usually do the same layout because I like it that way and it works for me.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,081 Member
    I have played quite a bit in Newcrest. Once I turned it into a Swedish suburbia, complete with a replica of my current house, as well as the house I grew up in. They were quite fun to build.

I also tried the Newcrest challenge, but found it a bit restrictive after 5 generations. My main issue was that my sims' personalities didn't match what they were supposed to do in game. I had to admit I also got quite bored with Newcrest at that time - though the library is something I use in my current save as well as I was really happy with that.

This is Newcrest in my current save, a mix of my own creations, renovated things that maxis has made and houses I found in the gallery and made to fit my needs.

AVvXsEhYODLPVWu2NqKZf0I2g4nsR-LVYmJ9eBrtMtJr9p0LIhIzuDdZpmdnyYgcJLwY4nTKyg5hjLxys7kww8IS46ni0nNqb1oNN9VsNp9jBZaoLMdGwuGc1GCQVQHX-0Jy1asedODjvsTwyHnbVm9wzbXvWFHPyrJNcNTiqW3vJC6ku28SgutQ9FhwRuN1OA=w640-h360

Of community lots I have a park, my library from my Newcrest save, an Italian restaurant, a nightclub and a gym. The park is my own creation, as is the library. The gym I found in the gallery and edited to fit my needs. The restaurant and nightclub are remakes of maxis creations. If anyone is interested you can find my builds here (all without cc):

The library is filled with cc so I haven't uploaded that to the gallery, and the gym as I said is based on one I found.

As residential lots I mostly have things I've downloaded and edited from the gallery, including two apartment buildings where I put a lot of the single sims so they have somewhere to live. I might add one more of those. I like it when my NPCs have somewhere to live and as one house can swallow eight sims even without mods it's useful.

Out of the villas there is one I built myself, that I was quite happy with. This one: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D68572EFA48711EC88CB44E7755DCB2A?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=jeslet40&max=50&maxis=false

So far no active sim lives in Newcrest in this save, but we'll see what happens with time.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    I finally remembered to take a picture in game, this is my Newcrest:
    ty9OgYV.jpg

Stuffed with community lots. The 2 generic lots are a funeral home and a church (wedding venue). I don't have MWS yet, but it makes do very nicely for my basegame weddings.

This world is constantly changing as I find lots I like better to put here instead. That big weird looking building on the lower left is about to go bye bye. It's set as a karaoke bar, but it's just too too humongous. I think I'm just going to put a playground/park there. The red building next door is my favorite lot in this world, Joker's Comedy Club (lounge). My first gen male sim used to go to "open mike night" on Wednesdays and always knocked 'em dead. Among the other lots are 2 spas, one devoted to massage and the other to yoga, a fish market, a mall, a cafe, 2 bars (a bowling alley and an arcade), 2 restaurants (Italian and diner) and a vet clinic. Truly a one-stop shop world!
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I just started a new rags to riches/legacy game and I'm thinking about making all of newcrest into a suburban shopping/commercial district with restaurants, parks, clubs, museums, and stuff but at the moment it is empty
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    @FatTribble23 wow, your Newcrest looks amazing!
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    No screenshots, but depending on the save I usually fill the world with commercial lots, like restaurants, parks, nightclubs, gyms etc. In the save where I'm playing in Mt Komorebi, I turn Newcrest into a mini extension of that neighbourhood, since that world had limited lot spaces. So Japanese themed restaurants, parks and other locations.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    edited March 2022
    @FatTribble23 wow, your Newcrest looks amazing!

@elanorbreton Thank you! I've recently gotten into map replacements, and this one is by 20th Century Plumbob. They are so beautiful! They haven't done Willow Creek yet, which I am eagerly anticipating LOL.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,414 Member
    edited March 2022
    Here's my Newcrest. Aside of residential lots there are two restaurants, nightclub, bar, community space and a cafe. What I've added recently is the vet clinic, because I would like to try running one.
    5GPy8mY.png
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I've got a lot of restaurants, spas, and in my Murkland save I have tent type homes.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,360 Member
    In my recently retired save the lower left neighborhood housed my main families, the upper left had the police union's kindergarten (a club for children), a tropical pool and three houses stuffed with minor characters that I never played. The right neighborhood had a row of cheap restaurants (fast food, donuts, pizza).

Now Newcrest is empty again, only the left neighborhood has a single occupied house and two empty houses next door.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge