Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Sims throwback thread

This popped up on my Facebook earlier from 2018. I have been getting some good throw back screenshots recently!

EQP4ABs.jpg

Anyone got any old pictures they nearly forgot about?
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I was looking through my old photos... feast your eyes on this beauty, from 9+ years ago. :s
    b85fEXX.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Astro playing around with sliders? :lol:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    This was three years ago. Nice to see some familiar Sims but a few are missing as they did not 'exist' back then!

Z6TSq7u.jpg

B7JRQbf.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    edited February 2022
    Here’s a throwback from November 2018. It’s the first picture I ever shared here and is of a family I don’t have anymore. However, I still have the founder, Ava Sinclair.

RBPRZ1Z.jpg

@king_of_simcity7 Congrats on getting mentioned for Friday Highlights!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited February 2022
    One of my very first sims that I ever played Sims 3 with.
    Screenshot-33.jpg
    He was the one that always got pestered by River McIrish coming over. He was a young adult...and well, probably a good 7 years her senior.

Back then I also didn't play with "walls up". Guess my playing style has changed somewhat. :D:mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited February 2022
    SXxRHhZ.jpg

This is the oldest screenshot I have. I didn't take to many of them in the beginning and my game had already been going for a while, before I took this one.

On this screenshot is Asgeir Karlsen, the first sim that I made, and his son, Jonathan Karlsen. This screenshot is taken after Asgeirs fighting and divorce with Lucie, so he was a single dad at this point.

Asgeir in my game now is an elder, and Jonathan (and his little sister Sofie) are both adults with children of their own.

PhU5DDL.jpg

Another picture taken a little later when Jonathan is a teenager and Sofie is a child.

br3ezvY.jpg

Jonathans first date with Kathrine Kråkesen (both teenagers here), that would later become his wife and the mother of Ingrid and Morten...

Trivia: The last names "Kråkesen" and "Motorsen" are picked from random objects nearby... "Kråke" = crow, and I chose the name because, well, a bunch of crows was outside my window just then! "Motor" = "Engine" (you probably guessed that one...) and was picked as a name, because I had a car magazine lying on my desk...
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    qzgcEbJ.jpg
    Here is a throwback to the founder of my current save. Her name was Emily Jones, and I am now playing the 5th and 6th generations of her family.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I went back and found my oldest picture on Flickr. Oct 2014. I was building a country bar. I think that is my simself testing the bartender. :grin: I have some older pictures on an external hard drive and will have to check those out later.
    14991837143_fa8dc78835_o.jpg
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    @bekkasan That bar looks so nice. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    For me, "throwback" isn't that far back. I haven't been playing for long, and I didn't take any pics for ages. My original Bridgeport game has no old pics at all, and my current avatar pic is the current version of my first sim ever.

I took the first pics for some post I made here on the board. Here's my founder from Sunset Valley on his first ever trip to Oasis Landing.
    Jv9T73M.jpg

I later went back to an older Sunset Valley save to find out how he originally looked, and that's a more or less unchanged sim from what the randomizer spat out, including the traits and his name. One of the traits was "hot-headed", if you can't tell from the pic :lol: .
    y9Ftxqq.jpg

Nowadays, he looks a bit different again, but he's still around :smile: .

Hmm, now I wonder whether I actually still have any old Bridgeport save.
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    Throwback to November 2009, when Daniel's girlfriend met Daniel's other girlfriend. You can see he is clearly distraught by this turn of events.

K50ripO.png
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    G6CIqwn.jpg
    An old classic.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

35670063382_670fecdb37_c.jpg

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I don't have pics, unfortunately, because I can't get into one of my old flickr accounts. Oh well.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited March 2022
    Most of my screenshots from before October 2021 are sadly lost forever, so my throwback picture is from a test save on my new laptop I created in October 2021
    Screenshot.jpgSavannah and Jussi with their mother in Bridgeport
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2022
    My earlier screenshots that I took in TS3 have been lost due to various hard drive malfunctions. Even so, I've never taken that many screenshots of my game to begin with. The oldest one I still have is this one of a ghost Simbot preparing to jump into a pile of leaves from 2014. Gives me chuckles.

Screenshot.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    A shot from my first legacy (incomplete)
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    My Asian sims didn’t look like Asians, they looked like the Simpsons.

Because I can’t play right now (thank you, you piece of poop computer) ALL my screenshots are now “throwback” images. 😖
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    I was looking through old pictures I posted to Imgur and found this meme I made about 3 years ago while I was still in uni (I recently graduated, woo!). It's not a super-old screenshot, but it made me laugh and think of the good old days:
    89enIJQ.jpg
  • Options
    On this day in 2019 I had Sims at University and Shelley was making friends to complete her LTW:

2xM5LVe.jpg

A year before Hana arrived in the game for the first time:

bXtu9DZ.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Throwback (characters)

How my “Meg Austin” looked like in 2017
    Screenshot-36.jpg
    vs now
    Meg_Austin.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    My flickr stats tell me this shot from March 2018 got a view today :lol:
    25688893817_f2c6b98cc4_o.jpg
    Rose Word at Uni with her triplet sisters, and -not- making friends with that specific classmate.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Screenshot-10.jpg
    Well, my Asian sims ended up looking like they had jaundice before I started using cc-skins. 🙄 (circa 2017 when I first started playing Sims)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    23832319598_8a0238dfe2_o.jpg

The same sim, Rose(in the red swimsuit), with her triplets Charlotte(in pink and white swimsuit) and Samantha(in blue). October 2017.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    2014. Neville Cox and his daughter Gemma. They lived in a nice house not far from my own sim family. Tea drinking immigrants... Bah!

BeaWtKG.jpg
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    Just got thrown back to this shot of my sim Rose from my legacy family in December 2017. (My stats page on flickr said someone viewed it) Poor Rose got pranked! :lol::lol::lol:
    24237937317_e838d19eb6_o.jpg