Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Update: Neighborhood Stories

Comments

• Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I played two in-game weeks on one save. I had only moving out disabled. Nothing much happened. Two Sims changed their careers and Bella & Mortimer Goth had one more child. No one adopted a child (or a pet) and no one died. I'm surprised. :o
    I guess it's a good thing, but it's probably going to change when I change to another save.

Mine has been fairly aggressive. 4 adopted children, one adopted cat, one adopted dog, one new family, and Jess Sigworth died last night. That said, I have been trying to track down some buggy Custom Content so i was exiting/re-entering the game a lot. I wonder if that triggered things more than they would normally.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited March 2022
    I feel like I should get back to playing my Master Save.
    I still need to progress quite a few sims through University to complete it.

With this new story progression I would like to take an entirely new sim and play them through my world full of sims I've added.
    I would only rotate between a couple of other households and let story progression take care of the rest. I think I might enjoy this more than the dozen households I had planned to rotate between.

When I have run the course with these few households a could start anew with a new sim and pick a different set of households to rotate between.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Nothing happened in my game so far.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Nothing happened in my game so far.

Same. 😄 I don't think I have enough families so my plan is to create more. Probably married couples with no children and single households with accommodations for pets.
  • Options
    ElisetomElisetom Posts: 70 Member
    I'm so in love with this update! This neighborhood stories have made my game so alive! A lot has happened in four sim days! Five random sims died, five families adopted pets (I see a clear preference for Savanah cats in my game, love it), other sims got pregnant (here, I don't know if it's the update or MCCC, either way, they seem to be working great together) and, finally, I received one call from a friend of my active sim asking if he should get closer to a girl, i answered "yes", and after got another call saying that they got along!
    I may have a break from TS2 and TS3 and return to TS4!
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I haven't played it yet but I'm really happy that the lives of my sims will progress. Though I've been using MCCC for that it's nice to have it as an option in game. I was reading the article and I really like the mailbox option to check your neighborhood updates, that seems like a really cool feature.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    LeccaLecca Posts: 126 Member
    I like having a lot of control over my game but I wanted to give this a try. I deselected adopt children and move in / move out and so far I've had one family adopt a toddler and one family move into Newcrest, any one else having this issue?
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I got bored waiting so I made Vlad hibernate for a week just to see what happened!LOL
    Deaths and moving are disabled but a few sims had babies, a couple of career changes, a couple of adoptions and pets too. The Jangs were the clear winners though as when I checked on them they had 2 new kids and a large dog....very ambitious for apartment living.
    (and I awwww'ed when I saw that Moody and McMillan had adopted a baby too!).
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    edited March 2022
    I played a fairly new save today and had 5 notices for neighborhood stories. :o
    • The Charm family (Glimmerbrook) adopted a female dog named Shelby.
      y4m7rv2zI3h69UoBiJSVoapZGy5PCbuTXcpNCWY3CtcTrdYEXrn5RUmbgoKWCArF7j4qTtRQmj5wqsOic8iy1fJ3tqR-ow0rnS7ColcVHJ4hEjwMtBJECYSjkEV1e-PBESnVZUj0Jk3TqLM3DTJeSzKwi5TtY-AfIkHSVtIqnMRL7laTfQTW0ncyoHnE6CvAGkG?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    • Lisa Elkins moved into Brindleton Bay (Ragdoll Refurb house).
    • Clara and Bjorn Bjergsen (Windenburg) are expecting a new baby.
      y4mnzLzIlOSapbmmgQkL40okm1cI3oLLTzAmPmFo1NYU1GkNPmc8RfXwc-K6flXq78Ttqw9bPmz7IwVnNO6ypMX_MyEYszgF6X2e1W9UQ9uJWtF5HGOSXUVAxqoNgZOeDSB-9Ir6iSa-GUKpCJ-ORarFg5SQSDmKbKQFAFYIVS8sXpG9gwXSd9N8CbsPoV5IhCa?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    • Camille Soto (Tartosa) started a job as a Regular Contributor in the Writer career.
    • The Vatore family (Forgotten Hollow) adopted a female dog named Loki.
      y4mt5yZM20Yk_K48G_cFz-FT0d3bZ1DaIDpfoQyRsFU3YroMirRvbToH8HDVi0SHEeUWQTfjvdPPigjqN5yhlyq8f7JC2C9z7sElzlsuP9cSzdgfbTfBdarcfI0T6bGImiQDU1dFoj7Wnhw_cHa3zMmjH9jrS8ASYLG1lincqOjxHgczF0cA9bZCviGRsoxuTCC?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited March 2022
    After a few sim weeks I've noticed a couple of changes on the more prominent premades, but I didn't checked everyday what's happened. I play with no aging and mod-free at the moment.

My neighbor and friend Eliza died during the winter in lack of proper clothes, she left Bob, her baby son Florian and her cat behind. Bob wanted to follow eliza with the same way, I could prevent that. Bob wasn't sad about the death of Eliza, my sim grieved for two full day. Later Bob adopted another cat, this time it is a friendly cat and not a catzilla again.

The Goth: Bella died in rage. Mortimer is awol (surely he died too) and left their two kids and three dogs alone.

Same with the Villareal kids, Jacques doesn't exist anymore.

Bjergsen and Landgraab families have gotten a bunch of toddlers and pets. The majority of celebrities moved in. A baby Ariel moved also in. Obviously Strangerville is now the place to go.

And at last, Vlad has adopted a girl. That's giving me a interview with a vampire feeling.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I was just thinking, it sure would be nice if you could find out was was going on in the neighborhood by reading and newspaper ( good for those that don’t have a lot of technology ), or be able to check out a gossip column on the computer. I really want to see newspapers ( in paper, and from the computer ) back.
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    I saw a YouTube video by Neecxle on the story progression. It seemed to work well except there was no urn left in the household when a Sim died an accidental death. He was just gone from the relationship panel, and his wife had no emotion related to the death. That's a little disappointing. I was considering using this option to thin out my rotation households, but I don't won't to use it if the Sim is just deleted.

I saw that too. But I can confirm that in an unmodded game that does not happen. I checked after a death and the dead sim was a ghost in the rest of the households relationship panel and they were all sad.
  • Options
    pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    I only had time to play for a little for the first time last night. (I have a continuation of the Sims 2 storyline going in my neighborhood)

3/17
    Burb family adopted a dog
    Erin Beaker and Micheal bachelor are expecting a baby
    Roth family adopted a cat
    Don lothario and Kaylynn are expecting a baby
    Watson family had another baby
    Okamoto family adopted a dog

(I may have to turn off adopt a pet very soon)

No deaths or jobs yet. I've also noticed no notifications from the "other" families. Do we only get notifications if they are in the played/unplayed category?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    I've had 3 new random Sims move into apartments in San Myshuno and Evergreen Harbor although I have disabled the fill empty homes in options. I also didn't select move in/out for any of the households participating in neighborhood stories. I went into manage households and deleted them.

All of my available lots, over 60, are empty, no homes, to prevent move ins but I can't demolish the apartments. I only have one of my own sims in an apartment in San Myshuno so I guess I'll spend the weekend filling apartments with new families. I'd planned on adding more families anyway.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Im actually loving the chaos this creates! Even with some options switched off sims are still causing havoc with their questionable life choices!!LOL
    Like why did the Eclectic Household in Strangerville adopt a kid?
    Will Miko of the Karaoke Legends in San Mishuno still want Kibo now he has a baby?
    How did Moody and McMillan adopt a cat that is famous?
    Will the Bailey-Moons manage triplets as well as a newly adopted daughter?

This stuff just writes itself and I love it!!LOL
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I'm loving this, I also love that it's fully customizable, I can't wait for more to be added, I have everything enabled for my sims neighbours, no more ghost towns yes
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    Here's the funniest one so far--Catarina Lynx adopted ANOTHER cat!!!

In one of my saves she moved out. She is now among the not in world sims. No idea where her cats are.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    So... has anything happened to households with at least one sim your played sims are friends with?

Because I'll have to check, but I haven't seen anything for the sim households where my sim knows at least one person, even if I only have a couple of sims calling mine for advice.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Across all of my played households at least one of my played Sims are friends with almost every living sim in the game, @DaWaterRat. So far I've had over a half dozen elders which are friends with sims that I play die (accidental deaths), and a lot of the households they are friends with have adopted pets. I've also had a few have babies.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Thanks @Stormkeep, I guess my Sim Friends are just lucky (or unlucky as the case may be)
  • Options
    ElisetomElisetom Posts: 70 Member
    Today I received a call from a friend of my active sim asking me to go to her house help train or leash her new dog or something like that (I don't recall the text), and I'm almost sure it was added by the last update! I'm still in love with it!
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    Sim-days 2 & 3 have passed in my game, and I've had two additional pregnancies, two more job changes, two other move-ins, and three more dog adoptions! :D Here are the changes I found the most amusing. ;)

The Britechester ghost, Felix Psyded (who founded the University and died laughing) moved into a penthouse in San Myshuno. :#
    y4m2kGBcyUe91q_w0ToGoJj2kXq6cMqJ9XN2FUluY_Vv3nBxrxaokpaSHfuSBiiOBfqu9lUir5Hs2ZHqR9o7HZzNaMSXJHtuYft5t-y15WVJoRqC_xLYsTdgdmJ-d2pr3pjSPloLX6Swm9vg2d4Xqs95PBK30KlxkDWDU1aV8fYMwktaXPnNfkZP_NzyZ7fsicH?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    The Caliente household in Oasis Springs adopted a little girl dog called Belle. :)
    y4mRWzxDobNBes4-5E_wNa2KXnJZFGvh4VQCPJ1tYgZx7xoXFT_JiTndpMS95GAHIPn4kCPl2pdn_m_xslK_pdmMdvm69GQI7St9665xfj1lEDptJqB7f6AxjUUyhRWslrRMPGb194QFabu56LdbHYinMTPRQkeWX4jqk8XtbS6hZIgPLuPWZgz8jy2G1yDX4YM?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited March 2022
    I was very nervous about this. However now I’ve started using Neighbourhood Stories I absolutely love it. 🥰

The fact you can customise the settings is so great. I’m really enjoying it. I would love to see marriage and dating options added. Also the ability to get a roommate.

I’ve started a new save last night so I set off with the regular starting Sims like the Goths, Pancakes etc. The Sims that came with expansion and game packs are now in Other Households to see what happens.
    Globally I have turned off the move in and out options for all plus accidental deaths. However deaths have been set for certain Sims.

The Roomies have a toddler and the Vatores adopted a dog.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    So apparently Mila Munch died when her cereal burst into flames. Isn't she a foodie? Doesn't she know you don't have to cook a bowl of cereal? Too funny!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    @GlacierSnow and @EnkiSchmidt

My neighborhoodstories mod is fine with the new patch. I disabled neighborhoodstories in my game and didn't get any calls. I also didn't see any new calls added in the code. The changes the team made to the neighborhoodstories with the patch had already been done by me since long, so there was no need for changes.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen