Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Q&A: My Wedding Stories

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    With slow dancing the initiator/actor leads, so it would be the groom traditionally that needs to initiate. With any couple the player can choose who leads, by choosing who to initiate the dance with.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,914 Member
    edited March 2022
    mcrudd wrote: »
    My sims are dancing indoors. Here is pics, not as much space too ;)

kLCTzgJ.png

zoomed out to show space
    82HhK9y.png

@mcrudd @Stormkeep @catloverplayer if you or anyone else has a moment, would you mind testing if it's 3x3 or 4x4 empty floor tiles needed?
    and does it matter where on the 3x3 or 4x4 tiles the sims are standing when you click the action?
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    @mightysprite, I tested the slow dance by locking my sims in a 2x2 room with a wall stereo and then slowly making the room bigger until the interaction didn't fail.
    3 x 4 is the smallest size room they would slow dance in.

I then tested to see if any of that 3 x 4 room could be occupied by something else and still work, by placing a jukebox in one corner. The sims would not slow dance with just that half-tile of the 3 x 4 room occupied by an object, so my takeaway is that they need 3 x 4 clear...and even then, they sometimes do not wish to comply. After I removed the jukebox and had 3x4 space available where it was working fine before, they wouldn't do it anymore in that room.

So, end result of the testing is that if you want to not be frustrated by it sometimes working and sometimes not working give them 4x4 of space.

As far as where, I have the most success in an actual home (rather than custom-bare rooms) where there is furniture and other stuff around if I get the sims to the open area where I want them to dance before telling them to do the slow dance. They tend to try to go outside where there is even more space if you queue it from elsewhere.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @mightysprite, I tested the slow dance by locking my sims in a 2x2 room with a wall stereo and then slowly making the room bigger until the interaction didn't fail.
    3 x 4 is the smallest size room they would slow dance in.

I then tested to see if any of that 3 x 4 room could be occupied by something else and still work, by placing a jukebox in one corner. The sims would not slow dance with just that half-tile of the 3 x 4 room occupied by an object, so my takeaway is that they need 3 x 4 clear...and even then, they sometimes do not wish to comply. After I removed the jukebox and had 3x4 space available where it was working fine before, they wouldn't do it anymore in that room.

So, end result of the testing is that if you want to not be frustrated by it sometimes working and sometimes not working give them 4x4 of space.

As far as where, I have the most success in an actual home (rather than custom-bare rooms) where there is furniture and other stuff around if I get the sims to the open area where I want them to dance before telling them to do the slow dance. They tend to try to go outside where there is even more space if you queue it from elsewhere.

I'd also suggest wall speakers inside. They have all the stations on them I think.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,914 Member
    Thank you @Stormkeep !
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Ahh this is why I can't get them to dance in my tiny micro home kitchen. Not enough space then as I thought.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    My sims are dancing indoors. Here is pics, not as much space too ;)

kLCTzgJ.png

zoomed out to show space
    82HhK9y.png

@mcrudd @Stormkeep @catloverplayer if you or anyone else has a moment, would you mind testing if it's 3x3 or 4x4 empty floor tiles needed?
    and does it matter where on the 3x3 or 4x4 tiles the sims are standing when you click the action?

They were both sitting on the couch when I told them by clicking on the stereo. But this sounds fun although @Stormkeep has done some testing I will have a little fun with this too ;) Just helping hubby off to Nightshift and then I will load my game and start ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @mcrudd, if you notice in your screenshot, the spot they chose to go to from the sofa is a 3 x 4 open space. You can tell the size from the screenshot by counting stove+sink+fridge (3) and that other dimension is definitely even more than 4 tiles, from where the stove is to where the bookshelf is. It also looks like it is more than 3 x 4 going the other direction toward the bathroom. That looks 3 wide by at least 5 long.
  • Options
    Testing done.

2x2 no go
    3x3 no go
    4x4 success

Testing pics in spoiler. I had to lock the door, because although I left only 2x2 around the whole lot they still go outside and use the world part of the outside as well to dance there.
    UejZuxz.png
    mIa6zHY.png
    8z8Oalc.png
    4Y7qKXr.png
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Yep, I had to lock doors to test it too @mcrudd. If I didn't lock the door, even in the 4x4 space they would go outside. Silly, Silly sims. :lol:
  • Options
    @mcrudd, if you notice in your screenshot, the spot they chose to go to from the sofa is a 3 x 4 open space. You can tell the size from the screenshot by counting stove+sink+fridge (3) and that other dimension is definitely even more than 4 tiles, from where the stove is to where the bookshelf is. It also looks like it is more than 3 x 4 going the other direction toward the bathroom. That looks 3 wide by at least 5 long.

Yeah its pretty puzzling why they walked so far. But I guess its a tricky thing to do, perhaps a doorway takes away a tile or something like the book case not sure, but 4x4 seems to be the way to go. I did not think of testing 3x4 LOL
  • Options
    Yep, I had to lock doors to test it too @mcrudd. If I didn't lock the door, even in the 4x4 space they would go outside. Silly, Silly sims. :lol:

LOL so strange so the lot amount of space does not seem to matter, which is super weird :D
  • Options
    I will just pop into that house in build mode, don't have any sims living there right now, I delete all my test saves and block the tiles so we can see them accurately
  • Options
    ok so this time round things were different. When seated they waved arms in the air, but when I made them stand they went to go and dance. Here is the house blocked so its easier to count and from top view so we can see the items in the house ;)

FJuhzaO.png
  • Options
    I had similiar issues in a 3 x 4 space in my testing too. Sometimes they'd do it, sometimes they would wave their arms around.

I think 3 x 4 is the bare minimum required, but 4 x 4 gets more consistent results. I never had them refuse and wave their arms if they had at least a 4 x 4 space available.

I'm hoping making some adjustments to the space requirement is one of the things coming in the upcoming patch. They did mention they'd be doing some adjustments to the slow dance.
  • Options
    I had similiar issues in a 3 x 4 space in my testing too. Sometimes they'd do it, sometimes they would wave their arms around.

I think 3 x 4 is the bare minimum required, but 4 x 4 gets more consistent results. I never had them refuse and wave their arms if they had at least a 4 x 4 space available.

I'm hoping making some adjustments to the space requirement is one of the things coming in the upcoming patch. They did mention they'd be doing some adjustments to the slow dance.

Yeah I hope so too, I was watching these two and they are both skilled in dancing and they only used 2 by 2 space, so really it can be done in that if EA makes some adjustments :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    Anyone know we're that heart statue is in buy mode? I can't find it.
  • Options
    @Catloverplayer, what heart statue are you referring to?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

The one in the world near the reflecting pool?

It would be in Live Edit objects.
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

The one in the world near the reflecting pool?

It would be in Live Edit objects.

I looked for that statue too, but can't find it :(
  • Options
    @abelhinha35, There are quite a few World Objects in the pack which are hidden, even if you use the cheats to show Live Edit objects.
    I've seen some modders put up overrides that unhide them, but unfortunately can't find them again right now or I'd give you a link.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Found it :)

8uksmhT.png
    k1iKbLO.png

I had to enter all three the cheats and then I entered **debug** into the search and scrolled until I saw it :) I also filtered just My wedding stories

bb.showliveeditobjects

bb.showhiddenobjects

bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
  • Options
    @mcrudd did you need to enable debug items or Live edit ones to find it?
  • Options

I will redo it one at a time now that I know where it is and see which ones are actually required, brb

• Options

It is Live edit ;)