Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Q&A: My Wedding Stories

EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
I have joined the My Wedding Stories Early Access opportunity Presented by EA Creator Network.

So will be taking and answering questions about gameplay, showing off traditions for each event and screenshotting anything else you guys want to see.

I will reply once the embargo lifts, unless it's been answered elsewhere already and I can link you to an answer.

Ask away.

Answer Post Index
  1. Wedding Cakes
  2. Tea Sets
  3. Misc. Wedding Items
  4. Swimmable Areas
  5. Line Dancing & Slow Dancing
  6. Sand Activities
  7. Cross-Pack Compatibility with...
Post edited by EmmaVane on

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    Because it wouldn't post above:

zp0qTLm.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Here's a collection of questions from various other threads that are on my "want to know" mind:
    • Do the new dance options show up on the other dance floors if you have both Get Together and the new pack, or do you need to pick which dance floor to use in a venue based on what options you want for dancing?
    • Do the new big cakes fit in any of the Get to Work bakery display cases without clipping (and without being shrunk down with ] )
    • Is Camille really a long-lost Caliente sister?
    • How many different places in the world can Sims go swimming and where are they?
    • Exactly what sizes are the 3 different lengths of wedding aisle. Like in grid squares.
    • What are the effects of the new Wedding Venue lot trait? Does it mean no-random sims at all? And what kind of Sim behaviours does it actively encourage or does it encourage almost no behaviours at all so that guests pay attention to the wedding activities?
    Honestly I could type about 100 more, but I don't want to be greedy because you are surely going to get many many many other people posting similiar lists before you even can start answering.

Congratulations to you, by the way. :)
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited February 2022
    What are the effects of the Wedding Venue lot trait when you're not actively having a wedding? Will community members still show up, like at a park? And congratulations on joining!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022
    Congrats on getting the Early Access Opportunity, @EmmaVane ! 🤗👍 Would love to hear about your exploration of the pack once the embargo lifts!

Are you taking questions here? (If not, is it on Twitter? I have twitter, too.)

I have a few questions off the top of my head for when you can answer on Wednesday/embargo lifts day:

1) Can non-vampire sims get sick from plasma wedding cake? If so, would I need to prepare a separate non-plasma cake, or can we do half-half flavor kinds of cakes?

2) Can sims swim in the deep part of the oceans and all waterfall areas (thought there were two areas mentioned)?

3) Can toddlers be Flower Pals?

4) What interactions are available for Bach parties and dinner rehearsals?

I think those are my current major questions, for the moment. :smile:

Thank you for taking our questions! Hope you have fun with the Early Access program! 🤗👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    How many new songs were there in My Wedding Stories game pack? Cause I've been wishing for an R&B radio station since it's Black History Month (All Black simmers who own the base game can't live without an R&B radio station)
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Nice~!
    - Are there lactose-free wedding cakes?
    - Is slow dancing just tied to just the dance floor?
    - Are anniversaries a thing?
    - Can other sims object or interrupt a wedding if they're enemies with one sim getting married or perhaps having an affair?
    5vJrxmT.png
    edited February 2022
    Guys, I've been a GC for a while... Since shortly after Cats & Dogs released, I think?

I guess you didn't catch previous Q&As, lol.
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Are there any new woohoo locations?

Is slow dancing and line dancing limited to the dance floor?

Are the boats in the ocean usable?

Can our sims get out to the lighthouse?

Is there a new radio station?
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member
    What interactions does the wedding officiant have?

What interactions are available on the Chinese tea set during a family gathering event and what are the animations?

How many sims of honour can you have?
  • ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    A bit obscure, but in the town square next to the clothing store there is a seating area of tables, chairs and umbrellas. It was hard to see in the livestream but it looked like it might have been blocked off for Sims and inaccessible, are the tables/ chairs actually usable for eating?
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Can children make and pour tea? I was hoping for some cute tea parties for the young ones.

Can pets and toddlers be flower pals/ring bearers?
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Do other wedding events also an option to choose the event activities like the wedding? Such as the reception or engagement party? Curious mainly cause wedding events seem tied to a new event planner in the calendar.

Thank you for doing another Q&A! I’ve enjoyed reading them in the past.

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Guys, I've been a GC for a while... Since shortly after Cats & Dogs released, I think?

Oh, sorry! 😅 I must have not caught recent previous Q&A’s or maybe I totally forgot, my bad.

That’s still great you’re still in the Early Access program, though! 😁

I’ve seen a couple of game changers or sim-youtubers drop out in the past, so I may have gotten confused on who’s still a game changer or who has early access games, etc, hehe. 😅

But, still, again, thank you so much for doing more of these Q&As and offering your insights! 🤗👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    edited February 2022
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Oh, sorry! 😅 I must have not caught recent previous Q&A’s or maybe I totally forgot, my bad.

That’s still great you’re still in the Early Access program, though! 😁

I’ve seen a couple of game changers or sim-youtubers drop out in the past, so I may have gotten confused on who’s still a game changer or who has early access games, etc, hehe. 😅

But, still, again, thank you so much for doing more of these Q&As and offering your insights! 🤗👍

It's OK. I only use the forums and Twitter, I don't make any video content, so I'm easy to forget :p
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Hey Emma! I was just curious:

- How far out can we swim in the oceans of Tartosa in each neighbourhood? Can I swim directly off of the small 20x20 island starter house in the beach neighbourhood? Could you draw out how far we can swim to?
    - Is there any new Woo-Hoo spots in Tartosa? (Is the lighthouse a Woo-Hoo spot like the lighthouse in Brindleton Bay?)
    - Can we slow dance using the stereo or is it an option locked to the new dance floor?
    - Are there any new fishing spots in Tartosa (i.e., the boat dock in the beach neighbourhood)?
    - Will there be any sort of activities related to Bach Parties such as dancers or is it simply a normal party rebranded?
    - Is there any places to set down a picnic basket in Tartosa (i.e., picnic tables, tables, etc)
    - Are there any new drink options coming with My Wedding Stories (i.e., champagne, etc)?
    - How is Tartosa affected if you have Seasons installed? What will the climate be like?
    - Is the lighthouse in Tartosa accessible or is it only set dressing?
    - Can we order any other types of baked goods at the Patisserie besides wedding cake slices?
    - What sorts of flavours of wedding cases do we have?
    - Was any new music added?
    - Can the tea set be stored on any surface or will it only work on coffee tables and counters?
    - Do bicycles work well in Tartosa?
    - Can we use the Island Living canoes and Aqua-Zips in Tartosa?
    - What sorts of moodlets do Sims get from drinking tea from the tea set?
    - Are there any new Sentiments or Likes and Dislikes added in My Wedding Stories?

Thanks in advance!
    Is the spousal kiss and walk together down the aisle locked to only weddings?

Can you go into detail about bachelor and bachelorette parties?

Will messages in a bottle wash up in Sulani if you have Island Living?

Can sims kiss the bride during receptions?
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited February 2022
    • Is cake testing tied strictly to Window-stall in Tartosa or could it also be done in GTW bakery shops?
    • Will cakes work with Simple Living system or will they be missed out like the recent Delivery recipes?
    • Any new Mediterranean harvestable and/or recipes? Why no stalls with Mediterranean food in Mediterranean inspired world?
    • Are all new types of dances tied to dance floor including dancing with kids? If so will they be available on older GTG dance floors? Are they influenced by dance skill?
    • Can kids dance with each other?
    • Are all new parties use the the same customization system showed for wedding party or is it exclusive to this one party only?
    • Any new club activities (tea especially) with GTG club system?
    • Any new holiday traditions with seasons?
    • What is Tartosa weather in other seasons will it have any snow?
    • Any new preferences? Or sentiments?
    • New WooHoo spots?
    • Is hot air balloon accessible via debug?
    • Will hired pianist play a special wedding music during the event or just random?
    • What exactly is wedding venue? Will there be any NPC sims outside active wedding events if my sims will be visiting just for fun? Any new lot traits to come with it?
    • Will new buffets serve dishes different from those coming with Luxury Party stuff or are they just the same?

*edited to add more/sorry if some stuff was already asked while I'm typing.
    Post edited by Harukotyan on
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Dragons?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Dragons?
    Gordy!
  • jazminesarahjazminesarah Posts: 44 Member
    Strippers?? o:)
    Dragons?

There is a dragon lamp post that comes with the pack.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Are honeymoons a thing and if they are, are they different from the typical vacations.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Dragons?
    Gordy!
    R&B!
    Dragons?

Heck yeah. Though my question remains.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Dragons?

And Dragon tea!
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Are honeymoons a thing and if they are, are they different from the typical vacations.

I didn't see honeymoons. But you can just go to vacation to some other world and call it a honeymoon.