Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    logion wrote:

I was worried last year that it felt like Maxis was focusing more on making stuff like clothes and build/buy items and focusing less on development... and this video only confirms it.

A lot of people working on art, and only 15 people worked on engineering and only 8 on QA and bug fixing?

And with a team like that, they wanted to make complicated weddings in the sims4 engine?
    This is why they published kits without gameplay instead of packs. And it's why we had to wait so long for a new pack or bug fixes.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Yeah, I think I'll wait a bit before this pack (that apparently was released in beta but not called that) has more glitches straightened out. It isn't like they are giving us any preordering bonuses (like they did for Sims 3). Unfortunately, they are now relying on the players now to be the extension of their QA team. That is also what is known as beta testing. I suppose there is some advantage here though: we have the option to get the pack earlier or not, we can share our feedback with others besides EA/Maxis, and we can suggest improvements that might or might not be added in later.

I get it, art can be complicated: Check out the credits of major movie releases, especially animated and action movies), and you will see a huge list of team members designated for things like costume design, set design, hair animation, voice acting, special effects, and so on. These movies also have multi-million dollar budgets, of which a large portion is devoted to marketing by the studios, but a lot also goes to paying actors and for location rentals, as well as their teams, including directors and producers. But the art in those movies still turns out better than the art in most games, and the stories tend to be more intriguing. The only thing missing in movies vs. games is live actors vs. animations, and player interaction. Player interaction is the biggest difference between movies and games.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,321 Member
    Maybe the QA team is working on a major update (Pronoun, lore overhaul, cars ?) or just the next EP.

Person!lly I don't want an update for the lore.
  • Options
    KrisBKrisB Posts: 257 Member
    I was really excited for this pack , and it has made me sad. I tried to get several couples married the fun way but alas no avail. nothing really wants to work and I end up having them elope...SIGH
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,605 Member
    EA, the Sims team, the SimGurus are so quiet. The silence is getting louder.

Ea probably is waiting and hoping the sim community will forget.

I kinda miss actually SimGuruKate. As a community manager, the community feels really active during her time as the CM, and a lot of times she interact with the community and answer questions even if when there are no announcements from EA/Maxis. I mean there is a 3 month content drought between Seasons and Get Famous, when it comes to news, but we can't deny that she still answers questions and interact with modders tweets. Sadly, I don't feel the same with the current cm for The Sims, and he only appears when there are content that is coming.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited February 2022
    Thanks @Horrorgirl6
    Wow 😮 only 6% for QA for My Wedding Stories?
    Compared to over 20% QA for Parenthood it’s clear why there’s no many bugs.

I wonder how many weddings were held during testing? I remember in the livestream they kept saying the Sims ‘did it earlier’ so they must have had at least had one successful wedding?

Did the cake not spoil quicker in the test? What about the wedding venue in Tartosa with two wedding arches where I’ve seen videos with guests divide between the two seating zones. Did the guests behave?

No wonder Tartosa 🥰 is so lovely with over 30% of the team on art!

Liking Little Bistro Kit! French cafe vibes. 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I ended up buying the pack.

As someone here said earlier. I don’t care for weddings so the buggy nature of this pack affects me less. I will mod it. Looking at this from a bigger picture bad gameplay affects us all. Who knows what will be poorly tested the next time. It might be my beloved werewolves.

I didn’t buy Dream Decorator because it had nothing I needed but this pack does. The world and several other little small things. Since it has been months since I last went online I have updated mods and added new ones that have come out while I was offline.

Have no idea when I will go online again. My game is running smooth. I have lots of packs that suits my play style. I am glad for the new additions that will compliment them but I am not happy at all with this pack as a whole.

That happens some times. SWTOR ended the class stories, ME Andromeda got no dlc. I still play those two games because it gives me joy. If gameplay is a thing of the past I will stay in my little offline world with my hoard of lots, mods and CC 🙂

Really, the most irritating bit of preparing to go offline permanently is piling up all the mods and documentation for them. I am not using all of them right away, but I am preparing to stay offline so then I need to have documentation for later use.
  • Options
    IblisTriggerIblisTrigger Posts: 31 Member
    The weather isn't Mediterranean, Tartosa is near Windenburg.
  • Options
    IblisTriggerIblisTrigger Posts: 31 Member
    At least the livestream was honest, they didn't pretend that the pack was stable and the game changers didn't lie about it.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    logion wrote: »

I was worried last year that it felt like Maxis was focusing more on making stuff like clothes and build/buy items and focusing less on development... and this video only confirms it.

A lot of people working on art, and only 15 people worked on engineering and only 8 on QA and bug fixing?

And with a team like that, they wanted to make complicated weddings in the sims4 engine?

Out of interest I just looked at the credits on Dine Out too, 54 on design, 12 on engineering... I'm no expert on how games development works but that seems pretty disproportionate to me
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,063 Member
    What were StrangerVille's numbers? It night be easier to compare Game Packs with their own worlds.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2022
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Just remember 'Dine Out' has also been broken for a LONG time, but hasn't been addressed... so, we can probably expect the same for this pack.

That's what happens when the developers rush out an unfinished game... which has been the case of The Sims 4 since the beginning. I remember The Sims 2 days when we didn't need a new patch every week to constantly fix the game. Then again, the packs were also released finished and clean... also, even when we needed a patch, it would be like one per expansion pack. It was never like the way Sims 4 is!

Going to restaurants work okay for me; sometimes it can take a bit long if there are a lot of guests and few servers but that’s to be expected.

I think people need to make/download smaller/less complex restaurants. Having dining spread over more than one floor etc can mess things up too. People who make or edit them should also playtest them before uploading. I've made an Italian restaurant for the beach lot in Tartosa, but will be testing it before uploading.

Yup exactly this. I either use the builds that shipped with the pack and lightly redecorate them, or build my own using the tables count, spacing, and layouts from the Maxis builds as guide and I can visit restaurants with my sims and own them with very little trouble. In fact the only bug I really have is the chef staying outside one, which resolves when I reset them or when a sim places an order.

It was pointed out on a YouTube video that considering the timeline for pack development Cottage Living was likely almost completely done in the studio before the pandemic and that this pack was probably completely developed outside the studio with the devs trying to coordinate from home on Skype/Zoom and their home PCs. Just something to consider.
  • Options
    HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2022
    Onverser wrote: »
    logion wrote: »

Out of interest I just looked at the credits on Dine Out too, 54 on design, 12 on engineering... I'm no expert on how games development works but that seems pretty disproportionate to me

100% .. I wonder what the numbers are for the best running pack available ? I mean I get it that design is important but I don’t feel personally that the in game design has been that great for the number of people they have working in that area ... Would rather have them focus more on the engineering and QA as it really doesn’t matter how pretty the game is if it’s also not playable.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    That's because the pack is broken.
    I'm not sure if you can get a refund, but I would try if you can. Who knows how long it will take for them to fix this pack. Maybe if enough people try to get a refund, EA will give in?
    You can also disable the pack too.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited February 2022
    Not doing very well on Steam LOL :D:D It's currently Negative with 30 reviews.

y4mJ3dMe9jv1293NMK7Lkg9PuI8OWT_n_4RQS51U7qXuyRC3OIBS5i1of_BkQBbiq6pLTrvAwaeUqwqvAJiyFFJKVWa5QSYtN9dkEYK7JbNLCbTKFkA_g62R-4UniQX3fHKJI4QnaWoSBgk09cFGAaeeVmcVyiaNX2smEx6AkKA-7EdVx82cWEStXK4bv5VIOqu?width=660&height=446&cropmode=none
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you can get a refund, but I would try if you can. Who knows how long it will take for them to fix this pack. Maybe if enough people try to get a refund, EA will give in?
    Yeah Its just so disappointing
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,045 Member
    Which is why I'm holding off. Everything I've read and seen about the pack says, 'slap-dash rush job'.
  • Options
    Which is why I'm holding off. Everything I've read and seen about the pack says, 'slap-dash rush job'.

I guess I should of waited
  • Options
    A lesson we all learn. I have similar thoughts on Seasons.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,745 Member
    Seems a bit strange to me that it's broken on some games while other games work better.

If you married at the wedding venue that came with the game, are you aware that the lot needs some adjustments to work better? I don't have the pack, but read that there should not be more than one object of any wedding activity related items (arch etc). That lot is built with multiple arches which causes conflicts. Deleting one arch solves that problem.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Have read in several threads that wedding venues in general are broken and have been for a while. from posts I read, it seems that the simpler your event is the less likelihood there is of it blowing up. Also that each element must be just so, with little to no wiggle room.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,533 Member
    edited February 2022
    bixters wrote: »

It's even worse on consoles with lag atleast on the PS4 probably better on PS5.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    What issues did you have? Unfortunately, the wedding functions are still buggy. I had to edit the wedding venue and make sure there was only one type of item on the lot and also keep a few extra cakes on hand. The flower pal and officiant didn't work for me, but everything else worked. There were a lot of good tips mentioned from other players in my strategy topic if you want to try a wedding again. Maybe a suggestion here can help you:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997878/wedding-stories-gameplay-strategy/p1
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top