Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Oh, gosh. I haven't actually tried a wedding just yet. My goal Sim finally just met his 'intended'. They are both still in high school, so I've got a bit of time before they get more than just promised. Now, I'm very worried. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Just remember 'Dine Out' has also been broken for a LONG time, but hasn't been addressed... so, we can probably expect the same for this pack.

That's what happens when the developers rush out an unfinished game... which has been the case of The Sims 4 since the beginning. I remember The Sims 2 days when we didn't need a new patch every week to constantly fix the game. Then again, the packs were also released finished and clean... also, even when we needed a patch, it would be like one per expansion pack. It was never like the way Sims 4 is!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited February 2022
    Tell me again why packs continuously being sent out half-finished and riddled with bugs should be paid for with real money? Since EA wants to play games with these packs, I think paying for them with monopoly money or some other play money is very fair.
  • monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 256 Member
    Just remember 'Dine Out' has also been broken for a LONG time, but hasn't been addressed... so, we can probably expect the same for this pack.

That's what happens when the developers rush out an unfinished game... which has been the case of The Sims 4 since the beginning. I remember The Sims 2 days when we didn't need a new patch every week to constantly fix the game. Then again, the packs were also released finished and clean... also, even when we needed a patch, it would be like one per expansion pack. It was never like the way Sims 4 is!

What's wrong with Dine Out? The only problems I've experienced is the chefs taking a long time to get behind the chef station.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I love the build and buy stuff, and the cas stuff I have seen is really nice. But I think I'm going to wait til it's fixed. And maybe on sale.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Going to restaurants work okay for me; sometimes it can take a bit long if there are a lot of guests and few servers but that’s to be expected.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    @Plumbobi OMG, your video review of the new pack was the greatest thing I have ever seen!

🤣🤣🤣 Dying. Send help. 🤣🤣🤣

THANK YOU for making that video. ❤
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    I bought it and at first it was ok. But... I had my sims get engaged and I had an engagement dinner. The guests showed up 2 hours late and they sat outside in the porch. They wouldn't go inside to have tea, they wouldn't have any food and they wouldn't toast either. I am really disappointed. Any event I have now, every sim just stands around. I can't even have my sims interact on a simple date now.
    People do that in reality, I'm playing sims to get away from it, lol.
  • PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    @Plumbobi OMG, your video review of the new pack was the greatest thing I have ever seen!

🤣🤣🤣 Dying. Send help. 🤣🤣🤣

THANK YOU for making that video. ❤

I'm glad you enjoyed :D I mean, if you can't beat the bugs, may as well join them, right? LOL! :smiley:
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Was anybody able to activate the officiant?

The officiant is a lost cause right now, don’t even bother with it.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

I have never had the problems with Dine Out that some have experienced. Only twice have I had a problem. Once it was due to a waiter with the clumsy trait who kept dropping the food. My Sims left and went to another restaurant. (I later deleted the waiter.) Then last night I had to reset the chef. That may be a more recent bug as I have seen several complaints about it recently. After resetting the chef, the dinner went fine.

I do tend to be picky about which restaurants I use. The ones in our library have always worked fine. If I download from the gallery, I try to use those that keep things simple.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    The idea that people prefer Batuu to this is a REALLY bad sign.

I mean, Batuu had pathetically little gameplay - less than Strangerville, which it ripped off - but at least it wasn't buggy. Then again, EA has a Star Wars contract to keep. They can't let it be buggy. A pack like Weddings, they don't have any contracts, they don't have any promoters... why should they care about bugs?

(yes I know why they should. It's called cynicism)
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Was anybody able to activate the officiant?

The officiant is a lost cause right now, don’t even bother with it.

i haven't even had a wedding yet. the sims i had planned to check it out wih hit another boulder. they got out of just friends aka the friends zone but he fell in love with someone who isn't her.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    @Plumbobi wrote: »
    I decided to try and have some fun with the bugs and take a drink each time it glitched...at least I had fun :D But no, the amount of bugs in this is ridiculous! And it goes beyond just the aspects of the pack! My sims were having issues just going to the fridge and cooking food :s
    https://youtu.be/PLDK6U09iwE

Subscribed! I liked your video and decided to look at your other creations. <3

As for the bugs, yeah, that is why I have not bought the pack. Proabably will wait for a sale
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

Yeah folks, there’s no use in drawing comparisons between properly working content and broken content. That’s missing the point entirely, no matter how controversial the release of a previous GP was.
    Being offered a theme that’s unpopular by the loud majority has nothing to do with being offered an unfinished product. Two different beasts.
    • Playable versus Unplayable.
    • Don’t Like it, Don’t buy it, but at least those who do like it can actually PLAY it, versus Don’t Like it, Don’t buy it, but unfortunately those who do like it CANNOT play it.
    • The company made something I don’t like, versus The company made something that I can’t even use, even though I spent my hard earned cash on this 💩. 1000 times Bummer.
    It’s fine to voice opinions regarding unpopular content, but at least these are opinions based on fully working content.
    In this case ye can’t even play with the main feature, because it’s as broken as at least 50% of the marriages in the entire world. 😝
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    I installed Carl's mod. It's better, at least my guest sit down, I can make vows, they're tossing rice and blowing bubbles. Yet still no officiant, no tossing flowers, I can't set a cake as wedding cake, still everybody show up in their everyday outfits... This is so annoying...
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Yeah folks, there’s no use in drawing comparisons between properly working content and broken content. That’s missing the point entirely, no matter how controversial the release of a previous GP was.
    Being offered a theme that’s unpopular by the loud majority has nothing to do with being offered an unfinished product. Two different beasts.
    • Don’t Like it, Don’t buy it, but at least those who do like it can actually PLAY it, versus Don’t Like it, Don’t buy it, but unfortunately those who do like it CANNOT play it.
    • The company made something I don’t like, versus The company made something that I can’t even use, even though I spent my hard earned cash on this 💩. 1000 times Bummer.
    It’s fine to voice opinions regarding unpopular content, but at least these are opinions based on fully working content.
    In this case ye can’t even play with the main feature, because it’s as broken as at least 50% of the marriages in the entire world. 😝

Oh, snap!

See, I always knew it was a bad idea for the devs to try to replicate real life. 😝
    #Team Occult
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Oh, snap!

See, I always knew it was a bad idea for the devs to try to replicate real life. 😝

Well, apparently wedding planning is extremely stressful IRL, so at least they’ve got that one right. 😆
  • Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    wow, I have been playing the new pack since yesterday.
    I planned a wedding ceremony that was just awful, one big brawl and lots and lots of frustration.
    I'm so disappointed and feel cheated.
    I think almost nothing worked for me - The aisle walking was terrible while guests stood there in the middle and the walking sims couldn't go straight forward.
    The bouquet toss was not working *at all*. The bride just ran away while I clicked on her to do it and started screaming at people and wait. the ''wait for toss'' and afterwards ''start bouquet toss'' interactions were taking something like three or four sim-hours.
    The cake cutting was not working *at all* and only the ''feed cake'' interaction worked.
    All the ''gather for... '' commands also did not work at all. The guests just ignored everything and sometimes it took four or five hours for them to just get to the place they were supposed to get to.
    It's so frustrating and annoying to know that they are taking our money and instead of investing and putting out a proper and working pack, they release such a collection of bugs .. just embarrassing.
    and if this wasn't enough, nothing changed in my game after installing carl's mod which was supposed to fix it all.
    I felt obligated to share.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    No mods at all. I haven't had any lag in the game since I got a new computer...until now, and this is about as bad as lag ever got. Worse, my Sims keep freezing, especially when using the outrigger canoe, but also when they're washing their hands or something equally complicated. (I eventually have to use testing cheats to shift-click on the Sim to take them into CAS, which does unfreeze them.)

That said, lag often seems to be associated with particular lots. My Sims are on the 40x20 lot along the beach.

Oh, and I think they forgot to put fish into the ocean. My Sim could fish at the fishing sign on the dock, but not from the canoe, and there are no fish jumping around. (He could fish, but never caught anything from the canoe, so it's not the option that is missing. It's the fish.)

I have no intention of holding a wedding, and I'll just have them fish on the dock, but the freezing and lag really are annoying.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited February 2022
    I doubt that we will get another romance-centered pack after this, and that makes me very, very sad. We have been begging for romance since launch, and then TS4 did what it does best: take our requests, dissect it into 20 different aspects so as to sell them individually, but then choose the aspect that most misses the entire point of the request. Weddings are not romance - a wedding is a party. Of course we would want expanded weddings, but not as the sole feature of a pack. Before and after the wedding, the romance between sims is exactly the same. There are no new activities besides baking wedding cakes - no way this actually affects your gameplay when you're not having a very buggy wedding.

There is no system for tun-ons or -offs in sight - not surprising but outrageous. No new romance options that I am aware of that don't occur during or as part of the wedding system. Bach parties are not unique to any normal group outing. And I find Tartosa, a big selling point of the pack, dull and unoriginal.

These are my ideas for how actual gameplay could have been added to the pack.

I strongly feel that a romance pack should have been situated in Venice/Paris for many reasons, but many of them have to do with gameplay opportunities rather than just cliche/aesthetic reasons. We didn't get nectar-making in Cottage Living, which came as a shock to me since I can't see how else TS4 will add it, besides jamming it as a half-baked and out-of-place feature in a different pack or selling it as its own SP. A French or Italian backdrop would have been perfect for nectar-making, and have added an extra layer of the romance of fine nectar: romantic bubble bath and nectar, romantic nectar-tasting date, sensual pairings with new hors d'oeuvres and charcuterie boards that titillate the tastebuds etc. These hors d'oeuvres would work perfectly as finger foods and fancy platters for events of all kinds and weddings, including elite Bach parties involving tea rather than booze. Candy and chocolate-making would have fit perfectly into this backdrop, which is a fun hobby and a stereotypically romantic gift for a loved one. Imagine picking candies together or as a surprise and choosing a heart-shaped box. These could also be sold if you own GTW to make your own shop. Gondolas would mostly just involve routing with some randomized animations while sims mostly sit still, and could be a new woohoo spot. A harbour could be added with a small romantic beach, as well as a beautiful park surrounded by old architecture. A grand cathedral would make much more sense in this world than in Tartosa.

Romantic interactions
    • Different types of proposals: picnic proposal and dinner table proposal.
    • Slow dancing has been added, thankfully.
    • Romantic picnic.
    • Reminiscing and nostalgia-based interactions for sims who have been together for a long time.
    • Proper cuddling on bed and couch.
    • Automatically cuddling in bed while sleeping.
    • Automatically cuddling on the couch while watching a movie or TV.
    • More interactions that bond sims over their kids, such as claiming that the kid has their eyes/nose/etc., that they remind them of their partner etc.
    • When sad/angry/tense/uncomfortable: seek comfort in partner's arms.
    • Ask about future together (prompts message about whether the sim might want to get married or have kids one day, might talk about their career goals, about getting a house or a pet together etc., or might freak the sim out).
    • Make plans for future together (might encourage the non-played partner to propose within the next two days).
    • Etc.

Careers, activities, objects
    • Online dating.
    • Matchmaker NPC's and part-time job.
    • Love meter object (TS3 Love Day festival object).
    • Iconic sims objects such as the vibrating heart bed.

Bach parties
    • Spraying sims with champagne (TS3).
    • Dancer NPCs: firefighter, police, freezer bunny, maid.
    • Sleep/pass out on floor.
    • Possibilities to stir up drama or have it stirred up: you or non-played sims might invite your ex, encourage you to cheat etc.
    • Making speeches.

Weddings
    • Cold feat.
    • Leaving/being left at the altar.
    • Possibility of feeling and looking bad if the sim didn't get enough beauty sleep.
    • Possibility of getting a pimple on the big day.
    • If Seasons is installed: might be upset if it starts raining on their big day.
    • Etc.

Honeymoons
    • Option to take specific "honeymoon" time off work.
    • Buffs to travel in general or to a specific world for a honeymoon.

Other
    • I like the tea set that came with Wedding Stories, and it would be nice to get a throwback to the TS3 Store "Lunch at the Old Mill" by adding, high tea sandwiches alongside hors d'oeuvres, a watermill wall object (even if it doesn't have an animation) etc. for an elegant Hen party, engagement party etc. This could work in a rural neighbourhood of the world.

• PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    edited February 2022
    No online dating. Still No Dating App — they teased us with Simder in Movie Hangout how long ago… Still no nectar making. And No new woohoo spots in the romance themed town. Big fail. I would have just like to woohoo in the waterfalls in Tartosa. Another beautiful town that is too small and not much to do…. Why didnt we get Mediterranean food stalls? This pack makes little sense. Which all makes me disappointed because I LOVE the look and vibe of Tartosa.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top