Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kinds of lots do you plan on putting in Tartosa, the Wedding Stories World?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    Other
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    Sirens were originally a myth from the Mediterranean so I'm going to probably dedicate that beach lot to a Mermaid temple and see what comes to mind from there.

I like this idea, mermaids could work really well on Tartosa and if there are any lots close to the beach, I might build a few mermaid homes there, too.

Other than that, I guess I'll just build the same kind of things I build in other worlds, keeping the local architecture in mind, so; houses, spa's, parks, etc. I'm just a little bit sad there will be no gameplay for me in the pack, besides the social distancing tea-set, as I don't give two bits about in game weddings. Basically, I would be getting the pack for the world, at which point I'm wondering why they just won't release world packs for stuff pack prices and call it a day. I mean, Spa Day and Parenthood are awesome, so it's not like worlds are a must have for game packs and there's no reason they can't sell them separately.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Other
    Oh mermaids! yes I will definitely use some lot near swimmable areas for them eventually though I don't think i have premade mermaid thats less Sulani so waiting for additions i guess
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    edited February 2022
    Other
    One little wedding chapel and the rest will be restaurants/residential/community - and maybe a bakery! I like the odd wedding but honestly I am more excited about the world and making it into a warm Brindleton Bay. I love BB and play most of my games there or in HoB, but Tartosa looks like a nice villagy feel too and I love that. I can imagine having a sim move there from the big city, set up a little baking business, fall in love... get married in the little Chapel on the island where everyone in the town gets married, raise some kids.... like a Hallmark movie :lol:

I already have a fancy beach club wedding venue in Sulani for destination weddings, so I'll probably update that with some of the new BB items and leave it at that!
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited February 2022
    Other
    All my worlds are themed, and this one will be no different. Tartosa will be all about romance - not necessarily just weddings, since my sims rarely get married, but there will still be one or two wedding locations. I'm going to make it a beautiful place for couples to go and spend time together, whether they're married, unmarried, or only just getting to know each other. For this purpose, there will also be a rental for honeymoons and other romantic outings (but not the big one already in the game; that one will be turned into a normal residential lot).

I'm thinking about moving my brothel love lounge from San Myshuno to Tartosa as well. Not entirely sure where to put it, since it doesn't really look like any of the other buildings in the world, but then again, Tartosian architecture is already a crossbreed between various styles as it is, so why not.
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    Other
    All my worlds are themed, and this one will be no different. Tartosa will be all about romance - not necessarily just weddings, since my sims rarely get married, but there will still be one or two wedding locations. I'm going to make it a beautiful place for couples to go and spend time together, whether they're married, unmarried, or only just getting to know each other. For this purpose, there will also be a rental for honeymoons and other romantic outings (but not the big one already in the game; that one will be turned into a normal residential lot).

I'm thinking about moving my brothel love lounge from San Myshuno to Tartosa as well. Not entirely sure where to put it, since it doesn't really look like any of the other buildings in the world, but then again, Tartosian architecture is already a crossbreed between various styles as it is, so why not.

The Romans would be very proud. #FreeLove
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Anything related to Wedding Stuff
    I want to add wedding venues, bars and lounges. A chapel inspired lot 💒. A registry office and maybe a venue where occults get married. Definitely a beach lot if possible.
    Honeymoon rental lots…

I have many ideas but there is only 10 lots so might have to scale back! 😂
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Other
    Since I always like to continue my current stories into the new packs I'm not entirely sure yet.... just because I want to experience the new world though I think I might just relocate all of my current lots and sims into the new world. My lots at the moment are all forest parks or residential forests since my sims are hiding out in the woods from vampires. And I have one thrift shop where a little of everything is sold, is ran by my Cloud and Tifa sim. (Really fun with the functional loom mod by pied piper and saleabration mod by RVSN)
    Probably will look totally out of place but we shall see😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Other
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I've just finished my Eric & Ariel's Palace (The Little Mermaid) for my Georgian Game Save. Right now they are living in Windenburg, however they & their Palace will eventually be in Tartosa in the beautiful 40x20 beach lot. ;)

Sounds magical!
  • Options
    Other
    Nothing wedding related. All existing lots shall be destroyed.

I’m going to build The Chapel of Doom, The Venomous Vineyard, La Casa Torcida and The Gloomy Groom Inn. The latter is an inn where gloomy grooms gather who’ve just been jilted at the altar by their (possibly lesbian) no longer-wife-to-bees.
    But first I’ll start off with Blue Beard’s Castle. It’s gonna be the perfect setting for his many (dead) brides.

One of my beach bums shall live in an old shack on the beach in which he’ll store his sad collection of message-in-the-bottle bottles. I may follow his story for a while and see what happens. It’ll be fun. It’ll be wicked! 😈

This sounds like the Tartosa I want to live in😂😂
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Other
    I'm going to rebuild it all, as I do with every world. I'm not so sure what I'll be putting there though. I always plan it out before I build.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Other
    I plan on having a Beach Wedding Venue, a restaurant, and the rest will be rental property this will be a vacation get-away for my sims.
  • Options
    Other
    Just filled every lot with a forest 😂
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Other
    I turned Villa Vigna into a restaurant and Piccola Luce into a rental. For now the empty lot on the beach is a wedding lounge and the original wedding lounge is a multi-family residential lot. I also added a residential lot into the other empty lot near the waterfalls. I like all my worlds to have one restaurant and one rental lot. And I usually have a local family own the restaurant, I'm thinking the Markovics since it fits their story.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Other
    Now that the pack is out, I can say what I actually did do in the world, instead of what I had planned to do. They ended up being different.

I put a spa at the beach lot location, realizing it wasn't actually up to the beach itself and the game recommends beach lots actually have water access. For the spa, I made it mostly open beach though, not a building. I put in an outdoor yoga training area, some lounging chairs and blankets with a couple of the umbrella sun shades plus an outdoor grill, and 2 vendor stands, one for food and one for beverage. And a small beachy-looking building with a few massage tables in chairs inside.

I left the wedding venue and lounge as the same lot types but reno'd them completely to be better (imo). I considered replacing the lounge, but instead just reno'd it to be a really good location for wedding events; not the ceremony, just all the other events like dinners and reception, and then just put more residential lots on all the other empty lots in the world and reno'd the existing residential lots a bit, but left them as residential (+ the rental).

I already had several lovely locations for wedding ceremonies (Chalet Gardens and Myshuno Meadows being the top 2) in other worlds which I have since updated for the pack so I didn't feel the need to have anything else more wedding focused in Tartosa.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Other
    It is a world so it will get a decent mix. A little bit of residential, some form of community lot. One park or national park depending on how social or reserved my sims wishes to be. Tartosa is great for meerpeople so one or two of them will move here. Since I make all the sims for my own save I have one or two who are waiting in a Tray-folder, it will be nice to have a world for them.