Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    A problem pointed out by Carl's Sims Guide is that there practically nothing for children to do a the wedding event, the only interaction left to them is "make a mess"

To be fair weddings are like that for kids in general .I remember both of my older brothers wedding .The reception was boring.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    A problem pointed out by Carl's Sims Guide is that there practically nothing for children to do a the wedding event, the only interaction left to them is "make a mess"

To be fair weddings are like that for kids in general .I remember both of my older brothers wedding .The reception was boring.

True, but this is The Sims. Options should be there for the sake of having them. But then again this GP is pretty bare, so I guess the lack of new things for literally every life stage besides Adults fits the theme.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

But I bet kids were not splashing paint on the floor every five minutes, while all adults were completely okay with it :D
    They really need to tone down kids making messes. It makes no sense. I can understand it with toddlers, but kids who are like 7-10 years old? That's ridiculous. And why we can teach our dogs to not pee inside, but can't teach our kids to not make messes? lol.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Astro wrote: »
    True, but this is The Sims. Options should be there for the sake of having them. But then again this GP is pretty bare, so I guess the lack of new things for literally every life stage besides Adults fits the theme.

You make it sound like you can't put any thing to keep toddlers occupied at a location where a wedding is being held. The game is like that for all locations and all events. If you don't design your lots to be toddler friendly, there will be nothing for them to do other than make messes. And no where for them to even use a potty, for that matter.
    It's hardly a fault in the new pack, and it is completely within the player's control what activities are available on every lot if they want to mitigate it. Many toddler items can go into Sim inventories for that reason. Bring along activities to distract them...just like in real life.

I do agree that it would be nice if we got some new interactions/activities in every single game and expansion pack specifically for toddlers, though, if that's what you're getting at.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited February 2022

As far as I understood by that, it's because he is broadcasting to the sims around them to do something, like have a toast or something. But kids can't have a toast so they do another interaction instead. Which is make a mess.

I have often found it annoying that they added that interaction as an interaction that is always available. Leave a kid in an empty room with autonomy on and guess what he will do because that's the only interaction that's available for them when they don't know what else to do.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

You make it sound like you can't put any thing to keep toddlers occupied at a location where a wedding is being held. The game is like that for all locations and all events. If you don't design your lots to be toddler friendly, there will be nothing for them to do other than make messes. And no where for them to even use a potty, for that matter.
    It's hardly a fault in the new pack, and it is completely within the player's control what activities are available on every lot if they want to mitigate it. Many toddler items can go into Sim inventories for that reason. Bring along activities to distract them...just like in real life.

I do agree that it would be nice if we got some new interactions/activities in every single game and expansion pack specifically for toddlers, though, if that's what you're getting at.

Yes, I meant new interactions.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

This is what I was going to say too. We can add some art tables, toys, maybe playground equipment (depending on lot size) to venues so that kids can be entertained. I have added kid and toddler stuff to all of my big parks, and in worlds without a big park I add a small playground.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    So my conclusion after the LS and the GC content: nope not buying this. This has to be the second most set-dressy pack yet (the most set-dressy being Batu lol). The world is gorgeous tho, but I'm roaming around Horizon Forbidden West and that world is actually mind-blowing, so I'm def. not buying this pack for a pretty set-dressy world alone.

I would love to say "let's just move on to TS5" but at this point, I doubt it'll be much change.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    somewhsome wrote: »
    That's ridiculous. And why we can teach our dogs to not pee inside, but can't teach our kids to not make messes? lol.
    You actually can teach the children not to make messes if you have the Parenthood pack, that's one of the impacts of Character Values, specifically responsibility.
    Sadly you can't teach them to 'never' make messes, only to reduce their desire to do so. The end result is that a child with high responsibility rarely will make messes autonomously as long as you have other things for them to do. And if they do make a mess, they usually clean it up themselves as the very next action after they finish making the mess.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Not only Tartosa doesn't have any Mediterranean food stalls, but most of the dishes from Indian and Chinese stalls are reused recipes from City Living and base game. The only new foods I've seen are sweet buns and roast duck (Chinese stall) and gulab jamun and dal makhani (Indian stall).
    But I guess that's the answer why not Greek/Italian/Croatian. Reusing again.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2022
    Not only Tartosa doesn't have any Mediterranean food stalls, but most of the dishes from Indian and Chinese stalls are reused recipes from City Living and base game. The only new foods I've seen are sweet buns and roast duck (Chinese stall) and gulab jamun and dal makhani (Indian stall).
    But I guess that's the answer why not Greek/Italian/Croatian. Reusing again.

The pack is so full of reused mechanics that it makes the absence of literally anything - recipes, separate veil, bug-free non micro-managey content lol, a real cake shop / bridal store, careers (like really: wedding planner, matchmaker, pastry chef, .......... ???), an attraction system, online dating, ...... - even more painful. I am not sure if I should laugh or cry about the state or content of this pack xD
  • Options
    That's ridiculous. And why we can teach our dogs to not pee inside, but can't teach our kids to not make messes? lol.
    You actually can teach the children not to make messes if you have the Parenthood pack, that's one of the impacts of Character Values, specifically responsibility.
    Sadly you can't teach them to 'never' make messes, only to reduce their desire to do so. The end result is that a child with high responsibility rarely will make messes autonomously as long as you have other things for them to do. And if they do make a mess, they usually clean it up themselves as the very next action after they finish making the mess.

Ah, interesting. I have Parenthood, and yeah, I noticed that my sims' children (who are usually very responsible) clean up after themselves (though I don't think it's much better, I still dislike they are making messes). I didn't know it's directly tied to responsibility.
    It doesn't help with random kids at venues though... You can't discipline them haha.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Does anyone really believe they'll have all the bugs fixed by February 23rd?
    I'm certainly skeptical. They only have a week to fix all this pack's bugs. The Gamechangers keep saying this isn't the final version, but I'm not convinced it still won't be broken by the time it's released.

No I don’t and I believe the push back on this pack is to allow gamechangers to review it hoping they would promote the pack. The Russian thing I believe is political and again nothing to do the pushing the pack back either.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    gc6164 wrote: »
    Anyone remember that survey from like 3-4 years ago ??

It's like they picked one feature from that description and ran with it for a whole game pack lol.. I would've much preferred the original concept :#
    Is this the romance pack?

iUTvfTg.png

My theory the last few days has been that this was originally intended to be an Expansion Pack... perhaps the one we would ordinarily have gotten in November... but that it was pushed to a later date because there were other aspects to the EP (e.g., the things mentioned in the survey and/or an attraction system), but those aspects were as buggy or even buggier than the new wedding system turned out to be, so they scrapped most of it and downsized it to a GP with a more narrow focus in hopes of being able to fix that one system. Then when we got close to Valentine's Day and the complaints about no new content got louder and louder, they threw up their hands and decided to release it as-is.

It could also explain why the name is so goofy, and out of place with other pack names, if it was a last minute replacement for something that would have fit a more in-depth pack.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Watched Carl's videos about it and... meh. This pack doesn't do it for me at all. Would have liked them to rather release a romance pack (or better yet: relationships pack since friendships could be more meaningful too), something expanding on love/romance/relationships in general instead of this extremely limited one about Weddings only. Then again I guess one point of making game packs is to focus on specifics since locking general romance stuff etc behind paywall instead of adding it to base game as free updates could really annoy people but the fact is that I'd still rather have them invest their time of development in that kind of stuff instead of this, free or not.

I was especially looking forward for new interactions/animations but there seems to be basically nothing there. It's mostly just CAS/BB assets and fluff which should have been in base game weddings already like ability to choose your freaking wedding dress. It's like some sort of rehashed party planner pack filled with set dressing and hardly any "meat" (I bet the additional parties will have hardly any differences to ones already seen). Seems to me the only reason it's even labeled a Game pack is because of the new world. The wedding stuff itself was so underwhelming (and hilariously buggy) that even if I was some sort of wedding enthusiasts I'd see no reason to be excited about it.

Hard pass for me. I get packs only during sales anyways but this one I'll skip even on sale.
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Kita5399 wrote: »

It's like they picked one feature from that description and ran with it for a whole game pack lol.. I would've much preferred the original concept :#

iUTvfTg.png

Oh Yikes! So full price for 1/3 of a pack :#

Basically yes :( It’s so disappointing. I think that’s why the pack feels kinda lacking
    I don’t really see it lacking a lot, I do wish they had some transparent veils, tiara’s and flower rings for brides to wear on their hair. And, I do think there should have been something special for each of the different wedding events…..rather than events you can do the same things for. But I think that they have a good amount of dresses, cakes, cake toppers, bouquets, wedding arches, and other wedding decorations. And, they have a beautiful world. I’m just worried about them getting all the wedding animations right, as I haven’t seen any weddings work right for the game changers.

In terms of set dressing (which the Sims 4 is good at), yea there is a considerable amount of content. I think it feels lacking in the feature department.. For example, a Matchmaker or Wedding Planner Career or even if they fleshed out the pre-wedding events to make them unique I would be satisfied - without the bugs of course lol
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    So I'm reading Sim Community's guides for all of the new social events that come with My Wedding Stories, and it feels like they could've done a copy and paste for each event while only changing the name of the event in each guide. There is no difference between the rehearsal dinner, engagement party, or even the bach parties. Everything is literally the same.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    According to Sims Community both Engagement & Rehearsal Dinners can't be held at the Restaurant Lot Type. Actually all events they've review in detail so far can't be done in Restaurant & Spa. Spa, probably, makes sense, but no Restaurant for Dinners is very strange. I guess they know where the game is broken completely and just try to avoid these parts of the game instead of fixing them.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I’d love to see a wedding kit with tiara’s, long translucent veils, and flowers around the hair whether they are attached to new hairs, hairs from other packs or basegame hairs. Long hair with veils etc. short hair with veils etc. medium length hair with veils and that new updo they made with veils etc.
  • Options
    HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2022
    sireneiles wrote: »
    No asking parents permission for courting/proposing, no arranged mariages for storytelling, no actual honeymoons, no divorces, no strippers at bach parties, no veils, no bridal shops, no objections avalaible at the wedding so no drama, every element of the ceremony is free which means no difference between a poor couple wedding from a wealthy couple wedding, no new aspiration, no new trait, no new career

i was not expecting anything and i’m still let down

Exactly! Everything that makes storytelling and wedding’s juicy and fun was left out . It’s a pretty world with pretty build buy items but that’s about it… even the world itself is lacking substance with everything being storefront and unaccessible . Someone mentioned earlier Horizon forbidden west and I have to agree with them that their world has so much more to offer from looks to accessibility free roaming etc. I wasn’t expecting perfection but I was expecting the basics like veils, a new career, honeymoons and none of that really made it .
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited February 2022
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    According to Sims Community both Engagement & Rehearsal Dinners can't be held at the Restaurant Lot Type. Actually all events they've review in detail so far can't be done in Restaurant & Spa. Spa, probably, makes sense, but no Restaurant for Dinners is very strange. I guess they know where the game is broken completely and just try to avoid these parts of the game instead of fixing them.

I guess it makes sense...they wanted the pack to be mostly compatible with base game lots so all they had to work with are bars, or lounges or...libraries or museums... still, it sounds pretty strange that we can't have rehearsal dinners at restaurants...
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited February 2022
    No asking parents permission for courting/proposing, no arranged mariages for storytelling, no actual honeymoons, no divorces, no strippers at bach parties, no veils, no bridal shops, no objections avalaible at the wedding so no drama, every element of the ceremony is free which means no difference between a poor couple wedding from a wealthy couple wedding, no new aspiration, no new trait, no new career

I think they’ve skipped all the negative drama. Plus any random fun stuff like wild parties.
    Which is a shame as drama is what the Sims is all about! I don’t want every situation to constantly have a positive outcome.
    To manage funds you could use cheats, not ideal but better than nothing.

I really like your suggestion of asking permission and winning the parents over. It could be a mini challenge.
    Objections at weddings should be available to relevant Sims only, maybe a past partner etc or even the father of the bride!

I agree more veils, frills and accessories should’ve been added but I wouldn’t buy a kit with extra wedding attire.

I think new traits are so sparse that I don’t expect to see any new ones.

I do think weddings venue lots need more requirements. I’ve got two venues and they would be green even without the wedding arch. I don’t get that. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

iUTvfTg.png

My theory the last few days has been that this was originally intended to be an Expansion Pack... perhaps the one we would ordinarily have gotten in November... but that it was pushed to a later date because there were other aspects to the EP (e.g., the things mentioned in the survey and/or an attraction system), but those aspects were as buggy or even buggier than the new wedding system turned out to be, so they scrapped most of it and downsized it to a GP with a more narrow focus in hopes of being able to fix that one system. Then when we got close to Valentine's Day and the complaints about no new content got louder and louder, they threw up their hands and decided to release it as-is.

It could also explain why the name is so goofy, and out of place with other pack names, if it was a last minute replacement for something that would have fit a more in-depth pack.

Hmm... yes believe that would fit. The pack is not cohesive, is it. A Mediterranean world added but no BB or CAS that is tied to that region. Not even the food. It does feel odd.

I will still get it because Tartosa will be a really good addition to my game. I live in northern europe but every summer when I was little we packed the family into the car and drove down to the Mediterranean. Summer was spent living in small tents on beaches. Little campsites in the middle of nowhere. So this world is just a big bit of childhood joy for me. Wish there was CAS and BB to go with it but I will grab what I can get.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member

Yes. These things too were a reason for my complete disinterest with this pack. I love me some drama to spice up my game, yet this pack is all micromanaged happy happy joy joy and missing all the neat storytelling elements that could (and should) come with a wedding focused supposed gameplay pack. I would freaking love to have some complete disaster weddings in the Sims lol. (And no EA, disaster as in "doesn't even work because it's so glitchy" doesn't count.)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top