Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Home business with street sales table

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
You probably know that you can set up a home business with the street sales table that now exists in lots of versions (CiL, CoL and ECO + CC). Some of my farmers have a table at their farm gate where they sell crops occasionally. Other sims, I think mostly from the same hood or world, will flock to your business on your residential lot.

Another sim built a store in the residential yard, and it's cool watching random customers walking inside to find the sales table.

Now I'd like some ideas on what can be sold from such a home business? I guess most items that fit in a sim's inventory can be sold there, but also some smaller BB items from the catalog I think should work. And, not the least - we can craft a wide range of items, from s mall wooden sculptures to food preserves and bridal bouquets - those might be even more fun to sell from such a home business where you can more or less set the profit.

I never tried the wall objects for selling paintings from a home business - or the ground cloth for bigger items - will they work, too?

What do your sims sell from their home business? Please add to this list:

Thanx for all input! List added feb 21 and sorted by pack:

Base game:
- Harvestables/Crops
- Wood sculptures
- Collected gems
- Metals
- Collected dolls
- Flowers
- Seed packets (more added with Seasons)
- Cooked food
- Drinks (including teas and coffee)
- Fish
- Frogs
- Voodoo dolls
- Clay
- Elements
- Upgrade parts
- Fossils
- Toys
- Future Cubes
- Books
- Collected space rocks (except the big one)
- Collected aliens
- Paintings (CiL sales wall object needed)

Get to Work:
- Baked goods (GTW?)
- Serums

Get Together:

City Living:
- Snowglobes
- Cats and Dogs:

Seasons:
- Floral arrangements
- Honey
- Beeswax (Eco/Seasons)

Get Famous:
- Awards?

Island Living:
- Seashells
- Treasures from Sulani

Discover University:
- Robot Salvage Parts
- Lava Lamps

ECO Lifestyle:
- Candles
- Fizzy juice
- Eco fuel
- Beeswax (Eco/Seasons)
- Dyes

Snowy Escape:

Cottage Living:
- Food preserves
- Cross stitch?
- Special eggs

Outdoor Retreat:
- Herbal compounds
- Insects

Spa Day:

Dine Out:

Vampires:
- Plasma Packs

Parenthood:
- Childrens' drawings (CiL sales wall object needed)

Jungle Adventure:
- Treasures from Selvadorada
- Artifacts from Selvadorada
- Relics from Selvadorada
- Jungle gear
- Bone Dust

StrangerVille:
- Medals (but they are hard to produce for a daily business)

Realm of Magic:
- Potions

Journey to Batuu:

Dream Home Decorator:

My Wedding History:
- Bridal bouquet (needs confirmation)
- "message in a bottle" (needs confirmation)

Nifty Knitting stuff:
- Knitted objects

Backyard stuff:
- Lemonade from the lemonade pitcher

Kids Room stuff:
- Voidcritter cards

Spooky stuff:
- Pumpkins

There are some reward objects in the Paranormal stuff pack, but these need confirmation.
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
Post edited by Simmerville on

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    The ground cloth does not work to sell furniture as far as I know. I have used the wall painting sale thing when buying pictures from the art center and then selling them on. Otherwise I use it mostly just as a source to buy pictures that my sims don't have the skill to paint. From the sales table I have sims that sell honey, harvestables, and fizzy juice. I had a sim that used to sell the white cakes she made when a certain NAP was causing her to cook and cook and cook. 😂 If you have the patience you could sell anything in your inventory that you don't need.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    My sim sells candles (Eco living)
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I have a sim who sells breeded frogs, fizz juice, eco fuel, special eggs, baked goods, and the herbal compounds. Some of the knitted objects like the cactus or octopus should work but I haven't tested it. I haven't actually used cross stitch yet because it's bugged out on console, only black and white image, but that night be something to sell also..
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Only ones that come to mind that I don't see listed here is honey, and I think I've also sold insects from outdoor retreat
  • Options
    Thanks, I've added your input to the top post.
    I have a sim who sells breeded frogs, fizz juice, eco fuel, special eggs, baked goods, and the herbal compounds. Some of the knitted objects like the cactus or octopus should work but I haven't tested it. I haven't actually used cross stitch yet because it's bugged out on console, only black and white image, but that night be something to sell also..

How do you create Eco fuel? I did not even know it was a physical thing? Is it those "black clumps"?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2022
    I don't know if its possible yet (i didnt even know if it was possible to use that table on home lot so :lol:) but i was thinking some collectibles like seashells may be fun
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Add to the list:

- Shells from Sulani (Island Living)
    - Treasures from Sulani
    - Treasures from Selvadorada (Jungle Adventure)
    - Collected aliens
    - Collected space rocks (except the one that's too big to put on the table)
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    You get eco fuel from the bug hutch.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Do you place your tables outside or inside? I've tried to make a home business with a table inside the building on the first floor and living area on the second but no one was coming (I've checked - the doors were not locked). The moment I was taking the table outside or removing the wall+door the table was crowded with sims again. I was experimenting with it several times in different houses/layouts and came to the conclusion indoor shop won't work. Is it working for you?
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I've had my sims sell fizzy juice, candles, and extra produce. I also used the lemonade pitcher from Backyard stuff and made the kids have a lemonade stand once. I had the adult in the family make and pour the lemonade, and then put it into the table's inventory.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    Do you place your tables outside or inside? I've tried to make a home business with a table inside the building on the first floor and living area on the second but no one was coming (I've checked - the doors were not locked). The moment I was taking the table outside or removing the wall+door the table was crowded with sims again. I was experimenting with it several times in different houses/layouts and came to the conclusion indoor shop won't work. Is it working for you?

I tried it only indoor once, and IIRC there was no door but a wide arch. Perhaps customers will not go through a door but don't see the arch as a fence.
  • Options
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    Add to the list:

- Shells from Sulani (Island Living)
    - Treasures from Sulani
    - Treasures from Selvadorada (Jungle Adventure)
    - Collected aliens
    - Collected space rocks (except the one that's too big to put on the table)

Added.

Do "collected aliens" require GTW?
    And do you know if space rocks are BG or require GTW too?
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member

Yes, the collected aliens and space rocks do requite Get To Work. Sorry I left out that key bit of info.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Um...WHAT!?!?

I had no idea this could be done. How do you set this up? Do you need a register? And townies will just come to my house and shop? Like...how long have I been missing out on this gameplay?
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I had no idea you could do this. :open_mouth: I can't wait to have a yard sale. Thank you for posting this.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited February 2022
    Things I've sold (not listed in OP):
    • Metals
    • Elements
    • Upgrade parts
    • Potions (RoM)
    • Serums (GtW)
    • Cooked food
    • Fish
    • Snowglobes (CL)
    • Fossils
    • Toys
    • Jungle gear (JA)
    • Future Cubes
    • Robot Salvage Parts (DU)
    When set up using Eco's "Community Space" lot trait, I've seen NPC's sell:
    • Dyes (Eco)
    • Voodoo dolls
    • Clay
    • Seed packets (though I've not been able to get them into the table's inventory).
    Other sellables:
    • Books
    • Voidcritter cards
    • Beeswax (Eco/Seasons)
    • Plasma Packs (Vampires)
    • Lava Lamps (DU)
    • Bone Dust (JA)
    • Drinks (including teas and coffee)
    Other Tidbits:
    • Celebuserums and reward potions can also be sold, but have no value.
    • Paintings and children's art can be sold using the upright sales table, but not pictures, prints (from GTW), posters (DU/CL), postcards, plaques, or mounted fish.
    • The tarp is just a rug. It's only set to sell things during the Flea Market, and the selection is random.
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    I'm another who didn't realise this was possible. Only once tried that table, took it to the flea market where no one bought a thing, then some vendor stole my table and sold all my goods while my sim was buying a snack! Never bothered again.
    This could be really good in Henford with a farm shop set up.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited February 2022
    @Scrapdash
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    I'm another who didn't realise this was possible. Only once tried that table, took it to the flea market where no one bought a thing, then some vendor stole my table and sold all my goods while my sim was buying a snack! Never bothered again.
    This could be really good in Henford with a farm shop set up.
    Yeah...that wasn't the best intro to the sales tables. The market is set up so that sims autonomously clear the tables, and the same occurs in Selvadorada (Just don't set up near any vendors, wherever you choose to sell your wares). You can, however, use them on community lots, residential lots, and even non-active areas where you can only use "Place in World".
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Those sales tables work great on residential lots, and if you carry them in your personal inventory and place them in a park or something.
    I've never gotten them to work at the actual flea market either.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I’m so tempted to create Jan from the The Office and have her sell candles. Serenity by Jan. I saw someone already posted that they did it in thesims subreddit but it’s so perfect to do!
  • Options
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    Things I've sold (not listed in OP):
    • Metals
    • Elements
    • Upgrade parts
    • Potions (RoM)
    • Serums (GtW)
    • Cooked food
    • Fish
    • Snowglobes (CL)
    • Fossils
    • Toys
    • Jungle gear (JA)
    • Future Cubes
    • Robot Salvage Parts (DU)
    When set up using Eco's "Community Space" lot trait, I've seen NPC's sell:
    • Dyes (Eco)
    • Voodoo dolls
    • Clay
    • Seed packets (though I've not been able to get them into the table's inventory).
    Other sellables:
    • Books
    • Voidcritter cards
    • Beeswax (Eco/Seasons)
    • Plasma Packs (Vampires)
    • Lava Lamps (DU)
    • Bone Dust (JA)
    • Drinks (including teas and coffee)
    Other Tidbits:
    • Celebuserums and reward potions can also be sold, but have no value.
    • Paintings and children's art can be sold using the upright sales table, but not pictures, prints (from GTW), posters (DU/CL), postcards, plaques, or mounted fish.
    • The tarp is just a rug. It's only set to sell things during the Flea Market, and the selection is random.

Awesome list - thanks! I just added it to the top post, which is also sorted by packs.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    Spooky Stuff

Pumpkins
    qVo6Lp4.png
  • Options
    Spooky Stuff

Pumpkins
    qVo6Lp4.png

Thanks! Added.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    Another sim built a store in the residential yard, and it's cool watching random customers walking inside to find the sales table.

This is a great idea. I prefer medium sized homes on larger lots and this is a perfect way to avoid those landscaping nightmares.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    Canned food
    Pet toys
    Tablets
    Books
    SimRays and other small science inventions
    Individual cakes and slices of cake (bake sale)
    Llama wool
    Milk
    Cheese
    Bread
    Soy Wax
    Faux Meat Cubes
    Bug ingredients harvested from bug houses

Also, I don't think CoL had a sales table (or did I miss it?) but JA came with one.