Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Now Releasing February 23

FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
How do you feel about it?

Updated with new official link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/our-commitment-to-you
To our Simmers,

Last week, we shared the below update about our upcoming game pack “My Wedding Stories.” At the time, we believed that our team could not freely share the storytelling of same-sex couple Cam and Dom in Russia and decided the best way to uphold our commitment to sharing their story was to not release this pack there.

Since then, we’ve been listening to the outpouring of feelings from our community including both support for our decision and concern for their fellow community members. It’s equally important for us to stand by our values, including standing against homophobia, and to share stories like this with those who want and need it most.

With this in mind, we’ve reassessed our options and realized we can do more than we initially believed and we will now release The Sims 4 “My Wedding Stories” Game Pack to our community in Russia, unaltered and unchanged, featuring Dom and Cam.

We want the entire Sims community to be able to celebrate together, so we're pushing the global release of "My Wedding Stories" to February 23 - including in Russia.

Love is love, and The Sims community will continue to be a safe space for those who want to see a world where that is true for everyone. We are thankful for the support of our team and our values even when it is hard. Thank you for being a part of The Sims.

The Sims Team

Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
z5lD0kSm.png
Post edited by FurAndYarn on

Comments

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    If it means it's released for everyone (which according to this letter, it should), then I'm all for it.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,982 Member
    edited February 2022
    wait so its not gonna be out this week?
    *confused*

Does this mean I have to continue my challenge to write my Cottage Living story before it releases :flushed:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,409 Member
    For me the link still leads to the Feb 9 letter.
  • Options
    Omri147 wrote: »
    If it means it's released for everyone (which according to this letter, it should), then I'm all for it.

I agree and hope that is the general consensus.

z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Huh, it doesn't say that for me.
  • Options
    For me the link still leads to the Feb 9 letter.

Well, they had a new letter above it for a moment. Wonder if they moved it? Let me look for a new link
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    From here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18060881/#Comment_18060881

An Update on My Wedding Stories

To our Simmers,

Last week, we shared the below update about our upcoming game pack “My Wedding Stories.” At the time, we believed that our team could not freely share the storytelling of same-sex couple Cam and Dom in Russia and decided the best way to uphold our commitment to sharing their story was to not release this pack there.

Since then, we’ve been listening to the outpouring of feelings from our community including both support for our decision and concern for their fellow community members. We acknowledge how important it is for us to take a stand against homophobia and share stories like this with those who want and need it most.

With this in mind, we’ve reassessed our options and are now actively working to release The Sims 4 “My Wedding Stories” Game Pack to our community in Russia, unaltered and unchanged, featuring Dom and Cam.

We want the entire Sims community to be able to celebrate together, so we're pushing the global release of "My Wedding Stories" to the week of February 21 - including in Russia. The exact date will follow soon.

Love is love, and The Sims community will continue to be a safe space for those who want to see a world where that is true for everyone. We are thankful for the support of our team and our values even when it is hard. Thank you for being a part of The Sims.

The Sims Team
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    So they put up a new letter, the text of which is now only available on The Sims Community site, but nowhere on the official EA site? Whatever in the world is going on.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Good. I'll happily wait longer if that means we all get to play. <3
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Well, hopefully they use this time to do some additional QA. I know there are going to be some people who are disappointed, but I'm not one of them. I'm honestly not sure what message they're trying to convey with this whole thing, but at least Russian simmers will be able to slow dance along with the rest of the world in the Sims :)
  • Options
    Felicity wrote: »
    Well, hopefully they use this time to do some additional QA. I know there are going to be some people who are disappointed, but I'm not one of them. I'm honestly not sure what message they're trying to convey with this whole thing, but at least Russian simmers will be able to slow dance along with the rest of the world in the Sims :)

It would be a good time to fix some of those issues that cropped up in the livestream... at the very least. ;)

z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    One thing still comes to mind though, which wasn't clear in the updated letter either. What changed? What is different now that they couldn't release the pack in Russia before and now they can? I'm happy for the change but it really makes me wonder.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,220 Member
    One thing still comes to mind though, which wasn't clear in the updated letter either. What changed? What is different now that they couldn't release the pack in Russia before and now they can? I'm happy for the change but it really makes me wonder.

Aparrenly they thought they could not do it.
  • Options
    greydonn wrote: »

I will wait unhappily.

Well, such is life. I hope when the pack gets here it makes you happy enough to be worth the wait, then.
    • She/Her.
  • Options

I think they just obey to the infamous "law", show an empty cover and put an 18+ badge on it.
  • Options

I won't hold my breath, but it would be nice to get some clarification on it all directly from EA.
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,026 Member
    Question, why delay it for everyone? Why not just release it in Russia a week later? It's not exactly a worldwide release that way, but still.
    They prayed to Torch for help, and his fire and warmth melted everyone's frigid hearts.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options

I will wait unhappily.

Well, such is life. I hope when the pack gets here it makes you happy enough to be worth the wait, then.

After the livestream I don't think so 😳😁
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    Question, why delay it for everyone? Why not just release it in Russia a week later? It's not exactly a worldwide release that way, but still.
    They prayed to Torch for help, and his fire and warmth melted everyone's frigid hearts.
    You're really making me want to boot up my Sims 1 right now :tongue:
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I think it's a "happy ending" of some sort

1) Everyone will get the pack
    2) GC's now will probably have a bit more time and will make proper reviews
    3) I hope they'll give this pack some last minute fixes 'cause let's be honest livestream showed that they are needed
  • Options

I will wait unhappily.

After the livestream I don't think so 😳😁

Glitches for everyone, glitches galore! :D Who knows, maybe with the extra time they'll fix the pack...but I doubt it...
    • She/Her.