Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I honestly don't think the world looks that good...

pK8LTeU.png

Maybe I just wanted better graphics and different assets.

It is nice but the problem with worlds made by EA/Maxis is too much dressing and less usable space. However, it an no buy for me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    It seems like this pack is as I suspected. Additions to weddings, but not anything for romance itself. All that's left to hope for is a game update that will add in better romantic interactions that are actually intimate rather than something that seems like an action an old married couple would do. If the base game update does not add that... I guess it's back to using poses.

Question: Do base game updates that come in before a pack comes out usually add substantial, note-worthy content?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    LJK wrote: »
    It seems like this pack is as I suspected. Additions to weddings, but not anything for romance itself. All that's left to hope for is a game update that will add in better romantic interactions that are actually intimate rather than something that seems like an action an old married couple would do. If the base game update does not add that... I guess it's back to using poses.

Question: Do base game updates that come in before a pack comes out usually add substantial, note-worthy content?

Yes, if we take last year as an example we got Scared Emotion before Paranormal, bunk beds and likes/dislikes before dream home decorator, and a new noteboook, water and pond tool and group cooking before Cottage Living.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited February 2022
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I honestly don't think the world looks that good...

pK8LTeU.png

Maybe I just wanted better graphics and different assets.

It is nice but the problem with worlds made by EA/Maxis is too much dressing and less usable space. However, it an no buy for me.

Agreed.

At first, set dressing was implemented for background stuff. Eventually, it showed up right next door. Not long after, set dressing replaced practically entire neighborhoods. There are far too many packs that are full of smoke and mirrors.

In TS3, streets aren't as populated as I'd like. Regardless, there are dozens of places to go. Dozens. TS4 has the exact opposite issue. Is there no way that EA/Maxis could split the difference?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member

Yes, if we take last year as an example we got Scared Emotion before Paranormal, bunk beds and likes/dislikes before dream home decorator, and a new noteboook, water and pond tool and group cooking before Cottage Living.

Ah, then there is hope, then. However, based off the size of those updates, it seems to me that the most likely addition before the pack releases is extra options for attraction and perhaps a few interactions.
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member

Ah, then there is hope, then. However, based off the size of those updates, it seems to me that the most likely addition before the pack releases is extra options for attraction and perhaps a few interactions.

Yes but we knew all that was coming or had major hints of it at this point in the reveal. I haven't seen a single hint of such content this go around unless there is a base game dancing overhaul coming. All we have is wishful thinking about any kind of attraction system or none wedding related romantic gameplay outside of slow dancing.. the exact amount we have for Bigfoot being in this pack.. Hint Bigfoot isn't coming and I wouldn't hold my breath on an attraction system or a romance update.

Now it is possible the devs are playing things real close to the vest, despite all the leaks, and a attraction and/or a romance update is coming. I just wouldn't get my hopes up. I done that too often and it leads to disappointment.

For what it is worth, I hope I am very wrong. Please let them prove me wrong.
  • Options
    Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    I'm in the wait and see what the livestream reveals, but won't be expecting much. I don't actually feel negative towards this pack, just neutral I guess.

The one thing I will pick at is once again - Male CAS items...where are the KILTS! (actually suprised at myself how much this irked me lol)

I get that there would be more options for wedding dresses, bit of a given, but I feel like they don't even try with the CAS for males. Stuff seems to get recycled more (as in slightly different version of existing things) for males. At least a kilt, a proper one, not that thing in dream home decorator, would be something a bit different to just a suit.

Will have to look to CC once again it seems...
  • Options
    GemSixxGemSixx Posts: 144 Member
    When you get a sneaking suspicion that they created controversy around this pack to make it sell better because projections aren't looking as good as they hoped.

Completely done with EA

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    GemSixx wrote: »
    When you get a sneaking suspicion that they created controversy around this pack to make it sell better because projections aren't looking as good as they hoped.

What you mean controversy ?
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997374/a-letter-from-the-sims-team/p1
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    I feel for them. The promo of the latest packs (kits) have been focusing on a certain audience. Now part of that audience can't play a wedding GP, of all packs.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    lunaoddity wrote: »

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997374/a-letter-from-the-sims-team/p1

So another country is not going to let it reakease there .Wait they were aware they could not share Don and Cam story but they did anyway ?
  • Options

So another country is not going to let it reakease there

No, EA is deciding to not release it there. They're "taking a stand" against the way the government treats their LGBT people.

Completely done with EA

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

It's not banned by the country, it's EA's decision to not change the pack to cater to Russian laws for younger players, nor to make it 18+ as per Russian regulations for the game. Sims 4 is age 18+ in Russia already.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    LiELF wrote: »

It's not banned by the country, it's EA's decision to not change the pack to cater to Russian laws for younger players, nor to make it 18+ as per Russian regulations for the game. Sims 4 is age 18+ in Russia already.

I am facepalming. So wait EA could realese the pack. Deciding not too for reasons.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

I am facepalming. So wait EA could realese the pack. Deciding not too for reasons.

Yes, essentially.
    #Team Occult
  • Options

Yes, essentially.

Honestly, this whole thing is on them.
  • Options

Yes, essentially.

Which is why I feel like it is manufactured controversy to get more publicity because publicity sells.

Completely done with EA

• Options

Yes, essentially.

Which is why I feel like it is manufactured controversy to get more publicity because publicity sells.

They could easily make an alternate trailer or box art. It's hard to say we care about all. When we obviously do not care if Russian simmers do not get to play again.
  • Options
    Rachel_ARachel_A Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Olive793 said:
    >
    > > Overall, the pack looks cute. But I'm still waiting to hear about an attraction system. Hopefully they can patch it in. What type of romance can you have without attraction?
    >
    > Yeah I'm disappointed with this as well. I get the game pack is about weddings, but what about things in the run up to weddings! I don't think we'll ever get an attraction system in the sims 4.
    >

Yeah I think that's what I'm disappointed about the most. Now that there's a wedding pack, I worry we'll never end up getting an attraction system or expanded romance because they gave us a Wedding pack. Kind of like when people were asking for a Generations pack and a past Sim Guru said we got Parenthood, which isn't the same.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Yes, essentially.

They could easily make an alternate trailer or box art. It's hard to say we care about all. When we obviously do not care if Russian simmers do not get to play again.

i'm a little confused as to why this happened cause their are already gay couples in sims plus you can make them.
  • Options

Yes, essentially.

i'm a little confused as to why this happened cause their are already gay couples in sims plus you can make them.

It's literally on them . The game is already 18 + and they could realise it there .There choosing not too , because they might have to change the cover art.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Yes, essentially.

It's literally on them . The game is already 18 + and they could realise it there .There choosing not too , because they might have to change the cover art.

thank you i read through the posts but had meant to make my own so the fact that you answered me made me happy and a little less confused.
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Not going to lie, that EA’s letter to all simmers really seems like garbage corporate publicity stunt to me.

If EA really cared that much about the lgbt+ minorities living in states like Russia where freedom to express their love is severely restricted, instead of not trying to sell the pack there like they’re protesting against the anti-lgbt law, they should still at least provide a way for players there to have access to purchasing the pack, through a 3rd-party platform that is licensed by EA to provide sales to them, for example.

By EA’s logic, the sims 4 should not be sold in Russia at all when it was first announced that the game would receive an 18+ rating. EA knew all too well that their ability to freely tell stories in the game would be severely impacted by the law back then in 2014, yet they released the game without bringing up any of this concern to its fanbase; and now almost 8 years later they are complaining about the law destroying their core values of "ability to tell stories - any story“ and feeling all righteous and boastful for sticking to this core value they already cowardly relinquished??

Not to mention how idiotically ironic how they said they cared about the lgbt people all around the world when they seem to have “unexpectedly” obeyed what the anti-lgbt law exactly wanted them to do.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    Also the main thing is they can release the pack with no problem.They did it before with no issues and nothing was deleted or change.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top