Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hate that pets poop.

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I wish dogs in the game had a dedicated pee/poop area. Like a grass pad or something so my Sims don’t randomly come across stinky piles all over the yard.

Actually, if you take them for a walk and click the ground, you can tell them where to go.

I honestly don't think them having natural bodily functions is bad. It happens. What annoys me is at least on Xbox One, they launch their poop like two full grid squares behind them.

Lastly, if you don't throw it away, it grows into a lovely smelly trash plant. You'll be wading in feces if you aren't careful.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Not only do the dogs poop in this game. I just discovered that they also eat their own poop. :confounded: Then you have to discipline them to not eat their poop.

I had a black lab like that did that when I was a child irl....it is the basis for why I believe cats are smarter than dogs. That and the fact cats are also smart enough to realize that if you wanted the stick you probably wouldn't have thrown it in the first place.

@Stormkeep Haha. I once agreed to help out a roomate with a dog and take her outside to play since it snowed quite a lot during the night. It was winter and I became so overjoyed when she started playing with snow, until I realized the dog was trying to get at my drunk roomate's vomit from the night before. :confounded: Then I almost threw up on the dog. Certain moments in life teach you that you are a cat person. Dogs are very cute and loving though. When I don't think too much about what goes into taking care of them I want to get one. I admire the dedication dog owners have. I think you need a license to be a dog owner. They are much more difficult to care for than a cat.

My stubborn little dog in this game, Maggie, just had a litter. I adopted her because she was an Icelandic Sheepherder puppy and I pictured a huge, fluffy dog, but she grew up to be so, so tiny lol. Then she mated with the Newbie's Dalmation and had a puppy that is even bigger than the Dalmation now and is the cutest huge fluffy white couch potato with black spots and one black ear and one white ear named Sprinkles. Maggie had two more puppies that I saw in CAS will grow into very tiny dogs, smaller even than Maggie lol, shaped like sleek Dalmations, one with long ears and one with short ears, they are so pretty when they grow up omg. One is a girl with white fur and brown patches like fuzzy spots named Cookie, she is friendly and a sleuth. The other is a boy with brown fur and white legs and a white face, he is an aggressive troublemaker I named Batuu. I made sure all these dogs have the smart trait. Stubborn trait is now banned for dogs they are so hard to train.

Cookie and Batuu :love::heart:
    IV1rOWj.png?1

Sprinkles, so huge compared to her sleeping Mom, Maggie
    hFw7WNF.png?1

She is bigger than the Dalmation
    BV7z3wU.png?1

Sprinkles teaching Batuu how to guard the house lol
    8i3AKS3.png?1
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    You're not alone, I don't like pets much in sims4 because they are household npcs that generate poop. Except litter boxes for cat can be automatic.

For me, I live in a place where there are ordinances saying pet owners must scoop up their pet poop but no one in my neighborhood does so I have to watch my step sometimes in my own tiny front yard. I can't fence it without putting a gate cars can pass through and there's literally not room for that, so the ugly reality of how much poop other people's pets produce and how they don't want to bother with it, so I risk stepping in it, is a daily annoyance in every season but winter. I wonder what they all do with their dogs then? But at least I don't have to shovel poopy snow.🤮 thinking of seeing if there is some hardy plant dogs hate, to plant seasonally at the edge of the street.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    @ignominiusrex, I personally feel that pet-owners failing to scoop-the-poop should be a capital offense punishable by death. I live in a condominium complex with a "pet walking' area and it's just gross when the snow melts and the dog poo accumulated from the entire winter thaws out.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @ignominiusrex, I personally feel that pet-owners failing to scoop-the-poop should be a capital offense punishable by death. It's just gross when the snow melts where I live and the dog poo accumulated from the entire winter thaws out.

Haha I appreciate the commiseration, though maybe a sentence of getting hit with a super soaker would be enough. Naughty pet owner, you get sprayed! 😆 but someone would slash my tires in the night for that.🙄 I might stooo to rushing outside with a baggy and bring super pushy and annoyingly helpful, explaining the city ordinance and health and safety reasons, and assuring them that if they can't afford baggies, I'll be out there ready to help. Every. Time. 🤣
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited February 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Not only do the dogs poop in this game. I just discovered that they also eat their own poop. :confounded: Then you have to discipline them to not eat their poop. Right now I have a Sim with a little dog that is stubborn and won't be taught anything and my Sim is just begging the dog to stop eating it's own poop. It's so horrible. I feel sick. I'm going back to getting cats for my Sims.

Just wait until you find out irl dogs do this, and their own vomit too, super common in boxers. This is why I'm a cat person lol.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Oh God please don't tell me you want to them to REMOVE a feature from an already bare pack?
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited February 2022
    sam123 wrote: »
    Oh God please don't tell me you want to them to REMOVE a feature from an already bare pack?

I have to agree with you on that statement.

The only thing about the "Cats & Dogs" pack that really bothers me is that if you don't play a household with pets for awhile, then come back, all the pets are sick and dying. :|
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    Dogs will eat cat poop also. We noticed there wasn't any poop in our cat's litter box for a few days and thought she was sick. Then we noticed she'd pooped and later it disappeared. 😄 Had to make an enclosure with a cat door for the litter box.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    sam123 wrote: »

I have to agree with you on that statement.

The only thing about the "Cats & Dogs" pack that really bothers me is that if you don't play a household with pets for awhile, then come back, all the pets are sick and dying. :|

I don't even use pets anymore, I find them so boring in this game.
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I don't have Cats & Dogs, so I didn't know that pets poop, but it does make sense. And now that I think about it, it could be really useful for medieval story telling! Not that my medieval fantasy setting is super unsanitary, but poop would make a fine addition to pig stys and the occasional filthy alley. Never thought I'd get so excited about poo...
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2022
    Everyone poops 🤣, I personally feed my dog in game the poop colouring treat, yes I'm easily amused 😆
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Everyone poops 🤣, I personally feed my dog in game the poop colouring treat, yes I'm easily amused 😆

You and me both! :D But this made me wonder if rainbow poops make better fertilizer. I use the regular ones all the time, they're pretty good plant food.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »

You and me both! :D But this made me wonder if rainbow poops make better fertilizer. I use the regular ones all the time, they're pretty good plant food.

Glad it's not just me 🤣 @GreenTurtle
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I love that someone who hates to even think about pooping created a thread that we all get to talk about poop. Lol I wonder how many times the word poop will show up in this poop thread.

Interesting fact: In the time that it takes you to read this sentence, countless creatures on Earth will be pooping. And in the time that it takes two sims to woohoo countless critters will be doing it in real life. Just some things to think about.
  • Options
    Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    I know...I may as well be holding "I'm a uptight loser who hates fun" sign, but I just want to vent here.

I have OCD. I really, really hate any kind of toilet humor, or gross-out humor in general. It genuinely upsets me. I have to take my phone with me into the bathroom so that I don't have to think about the fact that I'm going to the bathroom.

In TS2 and TS3, animals peed, which I could deal with--Sims pee, after all--but they didn't poop. And now they do.

I know poop has been a thing since the "Flaming bag" of TS2, but that was pretty easy to avoid. And I don't mind the "holding the bag" chance card result in the Criminal Career. But if you have a pet in TS4, this is something you're going to have to constantly deal with, to the point where I don't even know if I want to get Cats and Dogs, even though I *really* love my Sims owning pets in the previous games.

Please, if anyone else is bothered by this, let me know. Or even if you're not, I feel like I could use some validation right now.

If you are a person that likes "realism" in your game, then realize that real pets poop.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

For one thing, the "Cats and Dogs" pack does not force you play them. Also the game world is amazing.
    Secondly, if you do play a 'household' with a cat and or dog, then it's part of the game play if you want to. I enjoy it.

What I said earlier is that if you play other 'households' then come back to the one with pets, unfortunately for some reason it's programmed into the game for the pets to be all sick and on the verge of death. :(
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png