The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hate that pets poop.

Comments

• ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    This is just weird to me. Pets pooping makes them feel a bit more realistic.
    He/Him
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    Would be cool if there was a poop-delivery-machine at the shopping mall or town square where you simply could get away with your collected dog poops. Then farmers could buy fertilizers from the same machine. Emptying your handbag for poops at least every week should be a good routine.

Did anyone try selling dog poops to Agnes and Agatha's gardening stall?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

Dogs poop. Cats poop. Humans poop. All animals poop.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, but perhaps vampires don't poop?)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,625 Member
    I have a feeling this “More realistic” TS5 everyone wants is going to run into a few problems!
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I have the Playable Pets mod, so I always tell my dogs to do their business in one dedicated area of the yard. Now if I could only do that with my real-life dogs!...

I would suspect that since your avatar is a stylish dog with a hat and a pipette.. :p
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,937 Member
    edited January 2022
    I don't mind but i hate that they sometimes don't poop to the litter box even tho it exists

oh well at least they don't completely trash your place in 2 hours with endless peeing on the floors like the urbz pets did

that i would consider to be problem :lol:

oh and yeah itd be infinitely less annoying if they didnt go outside just to poop on the porch/terrace like ehm whats the point going out if ur not even going out lil man

itd be nice if animals had poop bush or rock or something too so they were not all over the place

poop hunt is kinda annoying indeed
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    I like the fact that sometimes there will be "one large dog poop" in my sims inventory---I never hesitate to have my sim regift it to someone they don't like

cool now you gave me an idea hahahah

In my game I always called my dogs outside to poop, I think you can kind of train them where you want them to go. So, my one dog where there is a porch naturally goes down where I called him to go, so far anyway. I don’t mind the poop, my sims use it as fertilizer. I just wish the animals wouldn’t get sick so much.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I like the fact that sometimes there will be "one large dog poop" in my sims inventory---I never hesitate to have my sim regift it to someone they don't like

cool now you gave me an idea hahahah

In my game I always called my dogs outside to poop, I think you can kind of train them where you want them to go. So, my one dog where there is a porch naturally goes down where I called him to go, so far anyway. I don’t mind the poop, my sims use it as fertilizer. I just wish the animals wouldn’t get sick so much.

Yup, training a dog to poop outside is kind of elementary when my sims get a dog. I tend to forget to train their puppies, though. Guess I expect that poop-outdoors will be passed down with the good genes ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It freaks me out when dogs poop and it magically appears nowhere near the dog. :D
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    ich0ujzo.jpg

I find it quite amusing. :D

That's cat poop btw.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Yeah, but are they doing it in the house, or outside in your game?
    I have more dogs then cats in my game, because I was breeding some dogs.
    The dogs in the game will get bubbles over their heads if they need to go, and you can just send them to do it outside.
    My Sims have accidentally stepped in piles outside, and get the grossed out mood, but afterwards they can just clean it up, and wash their hands.
    Cats have litter boxes you can buy for them that just zaps the waste away, or your sims can just scoop it.
    People want realistic play, so realistically your pets need to poop, just like the Sims.
  • PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    Pet poop never bothered me in the game. To be honest it would bother me more if they didn't do that. I usually drag the poop to the nearest trash can myself so that my sims don't have to bother with it. They are quite obsessed with cleaning it up, quite understandably.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited January 2022
    The only thing that bothers me is you can't train the dogs to go into a designated area of the yard. You can train that with IRL dogs. I know because we did with my pet dogs growing up.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,891 Member
    OMG it grossed me out too ! what i did was, for 6 months i didnt play dogs.... anyways im really a cat person, then when i wanted to take advantage of the game more, experience with things out of my comfort zone, i simply added a Bot to the household to pick up and throw out. And the dogs after a short while they go out on their own so the Bot is the sanitizer and cleans up after... i mean there are features like walking the dog etc that i would have missed out, and for a non-fan of dogs, im actually liking dogs more as a result ! BUT why the developpers thought it would be a good idea to have rainbow colored poop is beyond me, maybe im too old i dont get it.
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    It wouldn't be nearly so bad for me if they didn't consider the porch to be outside. My sims potty trained pooches shouldnt be pooping on the porch imo. This bothers me so much I do sometimes cheat their need to constantly full.

YES! This! In meat life, dogs don't poop on verandas or porches. Although there is of course exceptions and one that I know off is when she (the dog I knew in meatlife) did her biz on the porch was because she was old and with arthritis. So going down the 2 steps onto the grass was sometimes too painful for her so her owner put down newspapers onto the porch just for her when she was having a bad day. But this was a medical exception and just part of getting old. Dog owners actually potty train them NOT TO. I wish our animal loving Sims could do the same.

There's a newspaper rug included in this expansion pack if I recall correctly. It would be a nice update if we could train dogs to use it like cats use litter boxes. Add a few swatches that look like dirt or distressed grass and problem solved for me!
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    Perhaps they could afford to be less cartoonishly-shaped but honestly it makes sense they poop. Realistically, I don't think that poop would be viable as fertilizer (because they eat meat and have certain harmful parasites I think herbivores don't produce in their poop) but I like the inclusion if only just because irl they poop. Everybody poops. It's mostly played for laughs at times but it's also a fact of life. But the game's "toilet humor" doesn't really bother me that much. I do wish we had indoors grass pads or something for apartments or in general cause it's not always consistent where they do their business.

But I would turn to mods if you really can't stand it.
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

@Admiral8Q Vampires do not poop, they are perfect!!

So @SuperCoolRachael and I need vampire dogs!!! :#
    emere wrote: »
    @Admiral8Q Vampires do not poop, they are perfect!!

So @SuperCoolRachael and I need vampire dogs!!! :#

Ghoere Vatore agrees. Vampire dogs are poopless. No hassle.
    VwC5kMN.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• The_Black_KnightThe_Black_Knight Posts: 9 New Member
    I always loved the animals in the game but what gets me isn't that they poop, it's where they poop. For some reason they always do it right in front of my front door/steps. I just wish I could assign a specific area for them to do it.
    I always loved the animals in the game but what gets me isn't that they poop, it's where they poop. For some reason they always do it right in front of my front door/steps. I just wish I could assign a specific area for them to do it.

I wish I could train dogs here to that too in real life. Had to clean up poop along the sidewalk, Right in front of my my house door. next to my car. Neighbour's dogs, but still, at least in Sims 4 it's fake. heh!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• PhobostimePhobostime Posts: 38 Member
    I like that pets poo. I just wish cats could also poo outside instead of always having to use a litter tray.
  • GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    This thread gave me a chuckle. :) I'm the opposite of OP, I love all the poop jokes. As a dog owner, stepping on something is pretty unavoidable, so I thought it was a nice little touch. Like others have mentioned, though, there are ways to freeze need decay for pets and that'll stop them from pooping.

@SuperCoolRachael It's absolutely OK to feel the way you do. OCD is no joke and nobody here thinks you're an uptight loser. I hope you've found a way to get rid of the poops.

There may be a mod that stops dogs from pooing.
    Kind of like the reward trait "Steel Bladder " that stops Humans from pooping. :p
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Not only do the dogs poop in this game. I just discovered that they also eat their own poop. :confounded: Then you have to discipline them to not eat their poop. Right now I have a Sim with a little dog that is stubborn and won't be taught anything and my Sim is just begging the dog to stop eating it's own poop. It's so horrible. I feel sick. I'm going back to getting cats for my Sims.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Not only do the dogs poop in this game. I just discovered that they also eat their own poop. :confounded: Then you have to discipline them to not eat their poop.

I had a black lab like that did that when I was a child irl....it is the basis for why I believe cats are smarter than dogs. That and the fact cats are also smart enough to realize that if you wanted the stick you probably wouldn't have thrown it in the first place.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods