Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"The Sims®" the next step in the storied franchise for release 2022

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited May 2021
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    ..... and this thread topic has, what, to do with "The Sims 4 General Discussion".....?

Well it was this or the press release for "Sims 4 Green Acres Game Pack, allowing players to restore old an old farm and its equipment, including the ability to drive pickup trucks in fields and own horses you can ride on."

The point is you should have created this thread in the "Sims Franchise Discussion" section of the forum, not where it is now. This section of the forum is the "Sims 4 General Discussion"..... This thread has absolutely nothing to do with the Sims 4.

All you're doing is creating more work for the mods to have to move this thread into the proper section of the forum that it should have been posted in the first place.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited May 2021
    This would have been such a good April fool's day post :D. Have an Awesome (for the post being funny - not for any of that online crap to actually happen ;) ).
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    No I would not buy a game like this. I’m in the minority who find animal crossing boring as it’s so devoid of personality which is part multiplayer. Sadly I can see the op’s post is what sims 5 will be like and I don’t get why some people want a sims 5 so bad. It’s not going to be better then 4 I can’t see it being a mixture of 2/3 and 4 and it’s sounding more like it’s going to be online or have an online element too it.
  • Options
    MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    I’m in the minority who find animal crossing boring as it’s so devoid of personality...

Thank you!

Honestly, I think I'll be sticking with Sims4 regardless of what they do with a(n eventual) fifth game - I love the artstyle, I love the worlds and idk if it's mods that do it but I love my sims' personalities!
  • Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    I play The Sims when I don't feel like playing a game with a multiplayer experience.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited May 2021
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    EA has been hooked on the idea of an on line version of The Sims for so long, it can't see anything beyond it's ability to milk the consumers of their hard-earned cash through in game micro-transactions and a Sims3 version of the store. And creating a Second Life knockoff will probably end up marking the franchise for death. I personally have no interest in sharing my game and accomplishments with anyone else. One of the reasons why the game has been so successful is the fact it is a sandbox game. One player in control of everything without outside interference has always been one of the top selling points since The Sims became a thing. Since the release of Sims4, EA has attempted to lure a younger audience to the fanbase by making the game less about life simulation and more about interconnecting younger players that are addicted to sharing every aspect of their lives through social media. And unfortunately for those who prefer single player games, we no longer meet the criteria behind EA's plans.

EA have tried this online aspect with the sims twice before and both times were unmitigated failures. If TS5 has this same component it is likely to fail again. if it is the case TS5 has something like that, i don't know why they risk being burned a third time for something that never needed to be.

I guess we will find out when TS5 goes from a rumour to fact with an announcement one day.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's interesting you use the registered trademark instead of the TM common trade mark. Maybe you do know something we don't know. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SlayeurTownSlayeurTown Posts: 211 Member
    No. I have no interest for a multiplayer Sims.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    You got me scared. Online and multiplayer is a no from me. It‘d just not The Sims. It‘s Second Life‘s boring little sister.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I think that would be ok. If they offered both, I don't see why anyone would care. If you played by yourself as usual, it shouldn't matter if others were choosing to multiplay. Play the way you want has been a hallmark of the Sims. I'm a loner player, but I could see myself having a save where I play multiplayer. I thought your idea was super and real. Hopefully if they consider it, it will be like you wrote it with more to do.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I am also relieved to read that this isn't real. While many of the features that it mentioned would be welcome, it's a big decision to start all over. While I would jump on features like a flexible Create-A-Neighborhood, I wouldn't necessarily want to play completely offline just to play as a single player.

The idea of running into influencers in some virtual cafe? No thanks. Simiami sounds great though and they are welcome to bring out a world based on South Florida. No, I wouldn't want my own apartment or the multiplayer aspects. I'm just saying that if they want to release a world with a great beach based on that region in the more traditional format, that could be a good idea.

I also agree that this has been tried and the result was pretty creepy from what I have read. I also wouldn't want to see this series become too much like other games out there.

I've said this before, I think there are a significant number of people who would probably play in small social groups with their friends. That's a trend in the gaming industry. I would think that something like this would really anger a lot of the current fanbase especially if it really prioritizes a multiplayer aspect over the single player experience.

I'm also not someone who plays as an avatar at all so that doesn't interest me. I do think that the series could transition to a new phase. I also think a lot of issues with the game can be fixed.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    this spooped the heck out of me when you posted it like NOOOOOO

and then i forgot about it for some time
    so now this spooped me again shshdhd

consider me twice spooped
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited August 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »

What really spooks me is how all the "game changers" on youtube, ect are coming around to Sims as a multiplayer game. If they are who Maxis listens to, than ya looks like I won't be playing "The Sims" if that is the direction they go in.

Although this might have MORE to do with the fact I have yet to experience half of the game in Sims 3 and 4...not to mention a backlog games...
    Post edited by TOLKIEN on
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

What really spooks me is how all the "game changers" on youtube, ect are coming around to Sims as a multiplayer game. If they are who Maxis listens to, than ya looks like I won't be playing "The Sims" if that is the direction they go in.

Maybe, it's the other way around and Maxis it's using the game changers to induce and promote the idea that the Sims as a multiplayer would be fun.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I can just see what would happen if Maxis makes Sims 5 an online multi-player game:

"I'm poor-give me Simoleons!"

People trying to get your password(I've seen that plenty of times when I used to play Neopets)

Scammers and Spammers everywhere! You'd probably seen lots of "Free Simoleon Generator" scams.

Online Daters(Roblox is full of them)

Hackers hacking into servers and creating all sorts of havoc(it tends to happen a LOT in the Roblox server "Banana Splits Roleplay")

Griefers...Griefers everywhere

People constantly begging you to be their friend

Sooooooo much lag.......

People with lousy internet services won't even be able to play or enjoy Sims 5

Power outages: There goes your connection to the Sims 5 servers! And who know when your power would come back on?

You'd see a LOT of profanity,racism,trolling,and bullying going on

Bots would be everywhere,spamming people

Strangers invading your Sims world. No thanks!

I hope EA does the right thing and keeps sims 5 as an offline game.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    This doesn't sound crazy bad. Id be interested in seeing how it would go, but i am afraid of online dangers and the cesspool some online interactions and users can be. Id utilize single player mostly
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Not a very good joke, as it's so far over the top...

i'm glad it was just a bad joke in the end. If something like that happened.. i mean that is one game i'd never play.

Same here. The fact that it's named The Sims should tell people something. There is already Sims 1 which is named The Sims.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Maybe, it's the other way around and Maxis it's using the game changers to induce and promote the idea that the Sims as a multiplayer would be fun. [/quote]

I had that exact same thought .... let the gamechangers introduce the idea of multi-player so the players are more willing to accept it and try it cause you know .... "If the GC's like it, it must be good" *rolls eyes*

• Options
    SimmilocksSimmilocks Posts: 87 Member
    oh did I miss April fools day ?
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited February 2022
    Hmm...its now Jan 2022 and the next Sims game has all but been officially announced (but in name) from interviews with Maxis staff.

I wonder how close my predictions will be?

I might have to post a "delayed" update for Maxis lol, but time will tell...