Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best day trip locations in the game?

Where do you take your Sims out for the day? Do you have a favorite lot or residential neighborhood maybe for a day trip with a Sim family or an evening night out for a couple or place to recommend for a single Sim to wander around for a few hours?

I keep my Sims on the home lot mostly, except for work and the occasional San Myshuno festival or rare vacation. I want to take my Sims out more to explore other neighborhoods and lots in the game.

Lately I've started wandering around Newcrest since it has always been a ghost world until I just built it up. Had no idea there were even some tall buildings here.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I often take my sims to Sulani for a day of sun and fun on the beach. Also Granite Falls for fishing and foraging. My sim parents spend date night in San Myshuno. Usually dinner and dancing. My Ladies Who Lunch club goes to a spa and restaurant in Newcrest. My sims spend a lot of time outside of the house. Father daughter dates. Playdates, etc.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    totally depends on the sim(s), honestly, but here's a few examples:

many of my aliens, astronauts and/or scientists like to head to sixam any time they get a chance. i've even got an alien scientist and her astronaut husband that sell the scientist career wormholes in their retail store to make it easier for others to visit there

my conspiracy theorist sim has a number of places he likes to go... the bluffs in windenberg to try to get pictures of emily (the sea monster there), granite falls, selvadorada and now mt komerebi to try to find various versions of bigfoot/yeti (i've got one selvadoradan and one komerebi local i've edited the outfit into several categories for), lately he's also been spending a lot of time outside the science lab, in that hangout spot in front of it (i use a mod that lets you visit the science lab, hospital and police station without being any of the active careers. it's always felt like a waste of those lots that others couldn't visit them)

i've got lots set up for specific types of things, too. like a park that's set up specifically to be used for toddler playdates or a museum lot designed as a kids hangout (based on the imaginarium in my rl city). it's the main place my toddler/child sims go for their birthday parties, though i also send them there just to have fun
    and, of course, too many restaurants... i always want more of those, but lots are such a premium now... (i am sad that they seem to have fixed the unplayed sims inviting your sim out to a meal being able to choose one of the vacation worlds... i'd set up a country homestyle restaurant in granite falls and a selvadoradan one in selvadorada (in an ancient pyramid, even) and haven't gotten invited to those in ages)

but most of my sims tend to spend most of their time in the various neighborhoods of their home world for whatever reason. i rarely keep them just at home, though, unless working on that one lifestyle
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Most of the time, my sims stay home, but they do make some occasional day and night trips. Where they go on their trips depends on the occasion, the combination of sims, and the sims’ likes or interests.

For my romantic couples, I often have them travel to the local default world bars or to a custom restaurant I have downloaded. Once in a while, I’ll send my sims to the festivals, depending on the festival of the day.

For my families with children, my favorite place to send them is Granite Falls. If the family lives in the Sulani world, then I often try to have them live close to the beach, or have them travel to the beach area.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    edited January 2022
    I would say I keep my sims fairly busy. I don't like for them to spend every day at home, unless its fall or winter. Of course they will still spend plenty of time at home, but they tend to travel somewhere for a day a few times a week.

What I like to do is to download nice, big parks from the gallery packed with plenty of activities which I usually place on the big lots in Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and Brindleton Bay. I edit the parks to be family, especially toddler and child friendly and dog friendly so the whole family and sometimes extended family can have a good time. I also use the parks for family reunions and dates.

I like to send my sims to Mt. Komorebi for the day for some hiking, snowboarding, skiing and rock climbing.

Sometimes I just send my sims out and have them do specific activities, for example one sim will do fishing while the other one will paint the scenery with the sketch pad.

For teens I like to organize after-school club meetings at different locations. For example I downloaded a nice, big art center where they can practice their music and art skills. I also downloaded a really cool cafe, which has a small apartment on the top floor where the teens can do their homework and practice other skills like logic or research and debate for example that will prepare them for university. I have also had a gym club where they gather at a local gym to workout together.

For my current sim I have a yoga/spa club for her and her sisters. They regularly gather at a big spa and keep in touch through the club meetings.

For evening activities I like to replace simple bars with karaoke bars, where my sims will gather with friends and family.

My sims go to festivals in San Myshuno and Mt Komorebi fairly often.

I will also have my sims visit their family members a lot. And they live almost all over the world, so it is fun to get a change of location frequently. If my sims have a big enough garden, they tend to throw a lot of parties like weenie roasts and costume parties at their own place and if my sims have a tiny garden they will throw and host a party at a family members house which also works great.

I don't send my sims to Sulani, Selvadorada or Granite Falls just for one day, because then they would not feel like special vacation places to me anymore.

edited to add:

Sorry, I know you asked for specific locations, but a lot of the above activities can be done in any world really.

Another thing I remembered is that I am currently looking for parks in the gallery that will have season-specific themes and activities. For example I want to find a christmas market or village where they can travel in the winter and a pumpkin patch where they can go in the fall.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have lots of different places my sims like to spend time, but for a whole day out I like to use my water park place. It has a pool shaped to skirt around the edge, playground items, beach type areas for sunbathing and bbqs with picnic tables.

Or they can go to an actual beach if they live near Sulani 😄

For the more Wintry zones I have a big lot in Mt Komorebi where they can ice skate, do indoor activities or lunch by the fire. It is also situated so they can go off-lot for hiking, skiing etc.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I quite like the Bluffs from Get together. It's a nice place for a picnic and a swim and its solitary.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    My sims tend to go everywhere, depending on their needs, whims, my mood, etc. I don't keep large skill objects on the lots, so if they need to use something they need to travel to other lots. All my neighbourhoods have community lots that other sims can visit, restaurants, cafes, community pool, shops, etc. They may travel from San Myshuno to Brindleton Bay for the purpose of buying fresh fish, and end up visiting the light house and having lunch in the restaurant by the pier.
  • Options
    For the more Wintry zones I have a big lot in Mt Komorebi where they can ice skate, do indoor activities or lunch by the fire. It is also situated so they can go off-lot for hiking, skiing etc.

Nice idea. The big lot in the snowy part of Mt. Komorebi is still empty in my current save, so you just gave me an idea :)

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    My Sims pretty much never stay home for more than a day. First thing i did when I started my current game over Christmas is replace ALL of the community lots with better ones and also add a bunch of additional community lots.

I don't really have a favorite location, it all depends on the active Sim(s) that are going out, and what they are working on. In my current game, the current active household is the heir to my legacy and her significant other. One is an artist and one is a musician and both are also working on Fitness and Fame. So the 3 most used community lots for them right now are:

1. Sky Fitness in San Myshuno - This is a large, renovated gym which has all of the workout equipment, steam rooms, pool, hot tub and a large cafe area. It's also in the district of San Myshuno with the podium outside, which I use on occasion with my Fame-loving Sims.

2. Arts Center in San Myshuno - The renovated version of this has areas for every instrument as well as singing, woodworking, fabricating as well as a computer center and cafeteria. I like to come here when it is nighttime so my musician Sim can work on writing songs without making their neighbors angry due to nose (they live in an Apartment). Bryanna (the painter) brings along her easel and paints while Abby works on the music.

3. Festival Locations - They go to pretty much every Festival held in San Myshuno, and sometimes to the ones in Mt Komorebi.

That's just right now though. A few days ago, when Abby was still in college, my most used location was the multi-purpose community lot in the center of Britechester. I have it set up as a Restaurant, but it also houses cafe, library, research area, bar and some skilling equipment. It's set up with numerous smaller buildings on the lot for each of the functions so it looks like a nice little downtown.
    I also went to the Student commons and the Bar in Britechester alot. Both also upgrade with much more to do than the default lots.

As Bryanna and Abby get older and achieve career success and start having children, they will move into the family legacy home in Henford-on-Bagley at which point they will have to take up a bit of the country lifestyle and will probably spend more time at the Fenwich fairs, plus, with children in the mix my favorite day trip locations tend to be the various renovated parks I have.

So..I have no preferred lots, it's fluid. Keeps things interesting that way.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I use community lots very often as well. I tend to use those lots in a sim's home world most often. For a day trip, Mt Komorebi is wonderful, whether climbing or hiking or doing the snow activities :)

• Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Like others suggested, it depends on the sims. I have various options, and sometimes make changes when needed to community lots.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    My sims attend the festivals in San Myshuno pretty often. I got the mod that notifies you of the Sulani festivals, so they do those when they want a beach day. Morgyn has a weird attraction to karaoke bars, so sometimes I put a group together to go to San Myshuno and hang out at one of the karaoke places there. When they want a longer get-away, I send them to Granite Falls for a couple of days or to a rental house I've got set up in Sulani.
  • Options
    cyncie wrote: »
    I got the mod that notifies you of the Sulani festivals, so they do those when they want a beach day.

Thank you for this post!

I love going to the various festivals in the other worlds where I do get notifications. I'm going to start using this mod immediately. I found it right away with a google search.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I use Newcrest as my place for community lots, usually with restaurants, karaoke bar, bowling alley, skating rink, a park, a spa, and retail shops and cafe with arcade. Where they go depends on the sim family and ages of children. I usually save Batuu, Selvadorada, Granite Falls and Sulani for family vacations.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Sometimes I don't do much, but when I do, I really like the open air swimming pool in Windenburg, or I send sims to the beach.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My favorite places are the lots I created, including the concert venue.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Great idea for a thread! :) I play different households, mostly they are busy with their goals, but occasionally some might travel a bit. Sulani and Selvadorada are favorites, and some also visit Oldtown of Windenburg. I got lodging in most worlds.

I have made up local history including a few sights for tourists to visit in each world. That might involve some of my older families. I also play a traveling agency's tour guide and use the Groups (GT) to bring together sims for the next trip, then the guide will take them to various locations on that destination, it's quite fun and just a little bit chaotic, LOL :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I love sending my sims on day trips! My active sims will usually start out the day with a trip to one of the gyms I tweaked, followed by lunch at one of the bars in Windenberg, weather permitting and the sims are outdoorsey, they will probably head to one of the parks to get some fishing in, some b-ball, maybe skate. I have tweaked the parks in WC and OS to include other activities.

My outdoors sims will usually go to the beach at Sulani during the winter days and the peaks of Mt. Kormorebi to ski and snowboard during the summer days.

Most of my sims vacation in GF, Selvadorda, or even Batuu.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I send my sims out to Oasis Springs a lot. I have made this into a high tech, city destination. Or at least I pretend it is a city. The architectural style is modern, and all the lots are built of metal and glass. Nothing is single level. I have lounges, night clubs, restaurants, galleries, a library, park, pool, and a spa. It's really a fun place to go. I also send my sims to Brindleton Bay Salty Paws Saloon whenever they go on blind dates. It's great regardless of the time of day, and there are always cats to talk about. Plus, it's fairly easy to slip away from if the date isn't going well.
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    @Monet11 I love this idea. I'm going to have to do this in my game. Things are in need an update. Especially Oasis Springs.

I send my Sims out often. They do a little retail therapy from time to time. I don't use Mt Komerabi much at this time, I'm still turning it into a vacation spot in my current save. But cafes, restaurants, night clubs, bars, bowling allies, parks, pools, day spas, a library and so much more are used in my game.

In my supernatural save Batuu and Strangerville are must go places for all of my Sims.

I have a large park that is set up for both indoor and outdoor activities, depending on the season and the weather. There is outdoor pool, a little spot where they can get ice cream, they can sit inside or outside, a bowling alley, fishing spot, and small arcade where they drink coffee and burn their energy playing games.

I did revamp the lots in Granite Falls because it reminds of the some of the National Parks I have visited. A lot of them have restaurants that are popular with visitors and locals (think Roosevelt Lodge in Yellowstone National Park) so I put in a restaurant that simulates this idea. A nice cozy café, a day spa, and then a couple of cabins.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

One thing I started doing with the parks is I have put families in social clubs of their own and then set them to socialize only with their club and then set the location to their local park, so it's nice to sometimes see a whole family together at a park when I do go there. I also have couples set in clubs for themselves, set to socialize with their own club, and added their local bar or lounge. So they are usually sitting or chatting together when I go to the bar.

Editing lots for seasons is something I'm so excited to try next. Especially since there are those seasonal food stalls and winter ice rinks.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Take them to the beach in Sulani. Bramblewood is fun, too, if you have Cottage Living. Skiing in Mt. Komorebi is also fun.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Elliandre wrote: »
    One thing I started doing with the parks is I have put families in social clubs of their own and then set them to socialize only with their club and then set the location to their local park, so it's nice to sometimes see a whole family together at a park when I do go there. I also have couples set in clubs for themselves, set to socialize with their own club, and added their local bar or lounge. So they are usually sitting or chatting together when I go to the bar.

What a good idea, I will try this. I had never thought of this, because I somehow always figured that club gatherings don't happen outside of the household you are currently playing.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Editing lots for seasons is something I'm so excited to try next. Especially since there are those seasonal food stalls and winter ice rinks.
    I wish they would finally update the game so that food stalls are manned if you add them to Lots.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I wish they would finally update the game so that food stalls are manned if you add them to Lots.

I don't know if it's a mod that I have that adds it, or if it's in the base game, but I can add them to Lots and get a vendor to man them. I just have to pay 100 simoleans to "hire" someone. . . I do wish it was automatic and didn't cost me 100 simoleans to do it though. haha