Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best day trip locations in the game?

2...Next

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Agreed so much! I don 't like the §100 charge. In a bar I could always pretend it is cover charge, but not at a market where my sim wants to buy one bottle of milk or a mini piece of food. If I build a market square kind of thing, my sim must pay 4-500 simoleons to have all stands busy to add the right market atmosphere. I don't like to wait for the staff either, but if a mod could set the §100 to §1 I'd use the food stalls a lot more. Especially with the CoL grocery and flower stalls.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I wish they would finally update the game so that food stalls are manned if you add them to Lots.

I don't know if it's a mod that I have that adds it, or if it's in the base game, but I can add them to Lots and get a vendor to man them. I just have to pay 100 simoleans to "hire" someone. . . I do wish it was automatic and didn't cost me 100 simoleans to do it though. haha

Yeah, that's what I meant - they should update it so it is manned automatically, without the charge.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    My Sims don’t leave the house.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Peppers wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »
    One thing I started doing with the parks is I have put families in social clubs of their own and then set them to socialize only with their club and then set the location to their local park, so it's nice to sometimes see a whole family together at a park when I do go there. I also have couples set in clubs for themselves, set to socialize with their own club, and added their local bar or lounge. So they are usually sitting or chatting together when I go to the bar.

What a good idea, I will try this. I had never thought of this, because I somehow always figured that club gatherings don't happen outside of the household you are currently playing.

It's fun to see them out together collecting club points. I think the game is putting families together more often at locations just randomly on its own, because I went to a restaurant in my game yesterday and the Pancakes were there with their teenage son sitting at a table together. That's never happened before. On an aside, unfortunately, since I went at 7 a.m. for breakfast and then by 2:00pm I was still sitting there with no food I had to give up my table and leave lol. Sometimes the restaurant ordering doesn't work for me, it's hit or miss.

@elanorbreton @Stormkeep @Simmerville One thing I noticed recently as I remodeled a beach in Sulani, is that, first, like you said, there was no one working in the stalls and bar, but then as I went back to the lot and realized I was missing some items on the lot type checklist, like some beach decos etc. I then added the items and now there is always people manning those vendors. So strange. Maybe if it's a bar for example, you have to make sure everything on the checklist is on the lot or no vendors will come to the lot?

@Chazzzy Haha yeah same here, it's when they all get the Indoorsy lifestyle trait that I realize I should probably take them to the park or something.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Elliandre Sometimes it just takes a while for the NPC to show up for things like bartenders and the like. We were talking about the market stalls, like the food stands in San Myshuno and the Garden/Grocery Stand in Cottage Living, etc. Those do not get automatic vendors at all when placed on lots unless you pay to hire one.

All of the stalls pre-placed by Maxis are out in the neighborhoods rather than on actual lots, and those are the only ones that get vendors automatically.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Elliandre Sometimes it just takes a while for the NPC to show up for things like bartenders and the like. We were talking about the market stalls, like the food stands in San Myshuno and the Garden/Grocery Stand in Cottage Living, etc. Those do not get automatic vendors at all when placed on lots unless you pay to hire one.

All of the stalls pre-placed by Maxis are out in the neighborhoods rather than on actual lots, and those are the only ones that get vendors automatically.

Ah okay. They should reduce the cost to hire a vendor to free then.

I wonder if you can put one on a residential lot and then hire a vendor. That would make discovering those food recipes easier for my sims who don't leave their house... can I can just put one in the backyard for the day and hire a vendor .. I am going to test that out later.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I wonder if you can put one on a residential lot and then hire a vendor. That would make discovering those food recipes easier for my sims who don't leave their house... can I can just put one in the backyard for the day and hire a vendor .. I am going to test that out later.

At the point where you have them as your own personal chef at home, I'd say 100 simoleans to hire one becomes a bargain! haha

I've never tried placing them on a residential lot. Let us know how it works out. :)
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    @Stormkeep It definitely works! :smile: This is going to take the holidays, home dinners and birthday parties to a new level for my rich Sim families who can afford to have a food stall brought to their house for the event.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Cool idea @Elliandre . 100 simoleons is the same cost as hiring a caterer, so you've essentially hired your own combined caterer and cooking school for the same cost. I love the idea of having food stalls come for parties!! I might use that :)

gen3-banner.png
    edited January 2022
    I hope it works out nicely @mightysprite :smile: I don't set up birthdays often but I'm thinking a summer outdoor kid's birthday party in the backyard with a cupcake food stall would be so cute. Or maybe one of the University pack coffee stalls for an elaborate outdoor patio party.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    But how much does it cost to buy the actual stall from buy mode?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022
    But how much does it cost to buy the actual stall from buy mode?

They are a couple of thousand normally, but you get 80% back when you resell it. Consider that lost 20% the hiring fee.
    Only my rich Sims will be able to afford this special party feature lol.
    Only my rich Sims will be able to afford this special party feature lol.

Honestly, it's as good a way as any to waste some money. So easy to earn, especially with investing etc from the business career.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    My sims enjoy a trip to the Spice Festival on the evenings that it's in town.
    TOebZuq.png

The nightclub in Willow Creek is a hotspot as well. I'll send my active sim to play the piano for tips and find a whole bunch of played sims and townies enjoying a night out.
    MIkbQmt.png

The Southside Bowladrome, which I put in an empty lot space in Windenburg, is a magnet for weirdness; sims that go there to bowl often find that the place has all the bear necessities...
    1z3235X.png
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I know Eco Lifestyle gets a lot of hate, and I myself have disabled NAPs, but the Community lots are amazing for day trips. I first realized this playing CatSaar's amazing makeover of the one factory lot on the Waterfront: https://catsaar.tumblr.com/post/630887016013430784/factory-one-community-garden-the-community-has . I found that the sims used not only the expected items on the lot (gardening plots, bug thingies), but really interacted with the ping pong tables, kitchen, vendor tables, food stalls, etc.

This inspired me to raze the other two community lots in Evergreen Harbor and instead add them to other worlds. Because I play semi-realistically, sims that live in Mt. Komorebi, for example, can't just hop on over to Willow Creek. Instead I group my worlds into where I think they'd all be geographically, and any world outside of that requires a vacation to visit. Now each one of my world groupings has a Community Center, and I've added all sorts of things to them: pools, yoga studios, tvs, co-working spaces, even laundromats. Sometimes my sims, especially gardeners or freelancers, spend all day at those dang lots.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I know Eco Lifestyle gets a lot of hate, and I myself have disabled NAPs, but the Community lots are amazing for day trips. I first realized this playing CatSaar's amazing makeover of the one factory lot on the Waterfront: https://catsaar.tumblr.com/post/630887016013430784/factory-one-community-garden-the-community-has . I found that the sims used not only the expected items on the lot (gardening plots, bug thingies), but really interacted with the ping pong tables, kitchen, vendor tables, food stalls, etc.

This inspired me to raze the other two community lots in Evergreen Harbor and instead add them to other worlds. Because I play semi-realistically, sims that live in Mt. Komorebi, for example, can't just hop on over to Willow Creek. Instead I group my worlds into where I think they'd all be geographically, and any world outside of that requires a vacation to visit. Now each one of my world groupings has a Community Center, and I've added all sorts of things to them: pools, yoga studios, tvs, co-working spaces, even laundromats. Sometimes my sims, especially gardeners or freelancers, spend all day at those dang lots.

I have been dropping the EL community lots all over my world as well. I have not had a chance to use them in anger yet, as I am still placing them. But what bit I have done - they work great.

My only complaint is the difficulty in changing their type in neighbourhoods with no residential lots.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

I have been dropping the EL community lots all over my world as well. I have not had a chance to use them in anger yet, as I am still placing them. But what bit I have done - they work great.

My only complaint is the difficulty in changing their type in neighbourhoods with no residential lots.

They work the same, so unless there are visual changes to the lot, you don't need to change their type. Most of the time I don't bother placing all four versions at all, just one is enough. I tried to change the lot type through playing once and it took my sim a whole weekend to do so, with barely any food and bathroom breaks, so even through playing it's not very easy to change the lot type, if you wish to do that often.
    edited January 2022
    Going to a swimming pool is a good day out. Though make note of the weather in it's home world so you can pick an indoor or outdoor one appropriately. I always have at least one outdoor public Pool venue in game, usually in Oasis Springs (instead of a Gym, though not necessarily on the Gym lot). I usually add an indoor public pool too a Gym or Spa lot. Other things to add to pools, to give them more of a waterpark vibe are the waterslide, fountain of butt, water balloon bucket, beach towels/loungers/pool floaties to relax and sunbathe, and a pet food bowl and ball to throw if you allow dogs to visit.

An Arts Centre is great for any sim into music, painting, or other crafts you choose to place there. Other things to consider adding are pipe organ, digital mixing deck, DJ booth, workbenches (sculpting), tables with blobs of clay, wax stations, floristry benches, digital sketchbooks, cross-stitch supplies, murals and photography equipment. I like to switch up the "still life" displays that painters and photographers use occasionally too. Might be worth adding a stage area with acting marks/mirrors etc too, if you want to add theatre to "The Arts".
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

They work the same, so unless there are visual changes to the lot, you don't need to change their type. Most of the time I don't bother placing all four versions at all, just one is enough. I tried to change the lot type through playing once and it took my sim a whole weekend to do so, with barely any food and bathroom breaks, so even through playing it's not very easy to change the lot type, if you wish to do that often.

Yeah, I have done that. My intention was to use each slot for a different set up according to the season.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison