Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January 18TH - INSIDE MAXIS LIVESTREAM

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    EdithV wrote: »
    Are we sure that the game pack comes before the kit coming out of the 3rd of February? They are cutting it really fine now, we haven’t even had a trailer.

Valentine's day being on Feb 14, I would expect the wedding pack around that date.

Yes, everybody plays sims on valentines day. :smiley:

TBH I have no clue what everybody does on Valentine's day. I thought it was an American commercial invention to sell more flowers.

Forget the flowers, buy sims. :lol:

Gordy wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Yes, everybody plays sims on valentines day. :smiley:
    I mean if you're playing Sims in the first place, chances are you don't have Valentine's Day plans. /jk

Surely you can fit a couple of hours of gameplay on valentines day even if you have other plans. Well, I guess it depends on how big those plans are. :smile:
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Apologies for the delay all, I'm feeling a bit under the weather today and wasn't in to post this when we went live.

<3
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Actually, I think the new ponytail braid in the Base is a remake of the Cottage Living one.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    You know what?! Next week, this'll be their last and final chance, and if they can't announce the new game pack, I'll never get my second favorite music back to The Sims 4 in early 2022! Oh my god, I cannot believe I'm saying this, but... I want them to be more like... the previous SimGurus, they are the only ones that use to listen to us very properly with our feature request for The Sims series
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    how would pronouns even work, since I don't Speak simplistic? is it just a way to talk about non binary sims?
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    They’re taking the Discover University braided ponytail to the basegame, what a surprise that definitely no one saw coming …….(irony).
    Sometimes I wonder if they don't have any new ideas.

For me the livestream was more like a dejavu. Nothing was really new or exciting. I only watched it because I thought we would get some information about the next game pack.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    That's okay! You're wellbeing is more important.
    Just watched the replay it was a great livestream. I'm sending positive vibes! Hope you feel better soon! 🙏🙏🙏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    They didn't announce a game update so I wonder if we will get one this month and I hope there is tons of bug fixes
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    how would pronouns even work, since I don't Speak simplistic? is it just a way to talk about non binary sims?

It’s for the (English or whatever in real life language) pop-up messages that mention gender once in a while.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I hope you feel better soon! The two SimGurus did a great job, as did their guests.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Cybersbe wrote: »
    > @Mariefoxprice83 said:
    > This new scenario sounds more interesting than the others.

It does... but am I the only who ended up thinking, "This is what the romantic hints were leading up to? We are NOT getting a wedding pack?"

A little bit. I'm on the fence about a wedding pack though. I don't need it but I also don't hate the idea.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member

It’s for the (English or whatever in real life language) pop-up messages that mention gender once in a while.
    I wondered this before too. I usually don't answer the phone calls or read the popups anymore. I know the pronouns are important for many simmers and I'm ok with it. But for my own game it's unnecessary. I would prefer if they would spend more time in improving the clothes to fit better for any gender.

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    They didn't announce a game update so I wonder if we will get one this month and I hope there is tons of bug fixes

If the kit really appears on Feb 3 and we get an SDX on Feb 2 the obligatory pre-kit patch will likely drop in the last week of Jan. But I start to doubt the leaked kit date.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

Oh no I broke Russkii's personal rule and said Happy New Years to one of them in a holiday topic on JANUARY 7th!!! Maybe they all gathered around the office cooler and mocked me when that happened. :joy: I checked and no one else said Happy New Years to any of them on social media on that day... except for me! Good thing she didn't comment her thoughts on social rules in that topic because I have autism and often mess up social rules like that and their upper echelon would have heard from me. No way one of these gurus will shade me in a livestream over my autistic disability and get away with it. I hope that was a coincidence @SimGuruRusskii @EA_Cade :heartbreak:

Anyway, food looks great. I really like that hair style I'm glad they are making it base game it's a good one. Robe looks awesome. Looking forward to the new stuff from Complex Sims. Customizable pronouns is much better than everyone being called they/them.

This was a good livestream except for the PAIN and SUFFERING I experienced from the first 5 minutes of realizing I said Happy New Years to one of them on JANUARY 7th :rage: It honestly ruined the livestream for me and I was really looking forward to it all day lol.

Lastly, I'm not going to let one of these Maxis gurus make me feel ashamed of my autistic social faux pas while at the same time taking my money for the game so HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!
  • Options
    LeccaLecca Posts: 126 Member
    @Elliandre they started the livestream by saying happy new year to everyone, I’m sorry the livestream was ruined for you but it does seem like it was just a coincidence. I think she said her personal rule is the 7th because that’s a week into the new year, not to single anyone out :blush:
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Lastly, I'm not going to let one of these Maxis gurus make me feel ashamed of my autistic social faux pas while at the same time taking my money for the game so HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!

Happy New Years to you too! And to heck with anyone who has a problem with us saying it. :lol:

I'll be saying it again on February 1st too. ;)

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options

@Lecca and @Stormkeep Aww thanks guys :heart: I feel better now. I am going to choose to believe it was a coincidence. But I will be saying Happy New Year to Russkii in every livestream for the rest of the year :naughty:
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    @Lecca and @Stormkeep Aww thanks guys :heart: I feel better now. I am going to choose to believe it was a coincidence. But I will be saying Happy New Year to Russkii in every livestream for the rest of the year :naughty:

Haha. As far as I know there is no "wrong" time to wish happiness on someone. And we are in a new year! We definitely want it to be a happy one.
    Rather it's the 1st the 7th the 100th or more day into it I wish you and everyone a happy new years!!!!🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options

Haha. As far as I know there is no "wrong" time to wish happiness on someone. And we are in a new year! We definitely want it to be a happy one.
    Rather it's the 1st the 7th the 100th or more day into it I wish you and everyone a happy new years!!!!🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Cheers to that! 🥳 :heart:
  • Options

Cheers to that! 🥳 :heart:

Happy new year, and hope the new year has been treating you well so far! 🤗🌸☀️🎊🌷🥳
    (She/her)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I always look forward to Chinese New Year because, for some reason, the traditional New Year never goes well for me and always needs a do-over. I think the Chinese knew better at what they were doing. :p

So in my world, New Years hasn't really happened yet. So we can wish each other Happy New Year again on February 1, @Elliandre . :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Hope you're feeling better soon. 😊
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Apologies for the delay all, I'm feeling a bit under the weather today and wasn't in to post this when we went live.

<3

Hope you feel better soon. Your health is more important. If Maxis hasn't got you an assistant to help out I'll complain for you! <3
  • Options
    EA_Cade wrote: »

<3

No worries! Hope you feel better soon, or are feeling better! 🤗🌸💐👍
    (She/her)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top