Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you Tired of Kits?

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    LiELF wrote: »
    Hey guys, haha...remember...remember when, back in the day, people ragged on Stuff Packs and talked about how little they got and how terrible they were and how much they just hated them and how they were just the worst packs ever and that they'd never ever support or accept them, hahaha... :p
    If SPs were still the same quality as Luxury Party then it probably would have been the same. But the last SP felt like almost a game pack in content so more of that please. :P
  • Options
    VyneVyne Posts: 43 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    I don't like how that it's just the outfits but not gameplay.
    0zd1knkd2pmo.jpg
    The fate is always on your hands.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    ddd994 wrote: »
    What happened to stuff packs?? They were always way more rounded packs than what the kits are giving us. The cas packs never have hairs, beards or accessories.. The build packs are just unimaginative, giving us again just basic furniture that are 90% just clones of pre existing items.. And well, did they ever fix the ONE, bugged gameplay kit they gave us?

If they gave us like a beard pack, or a tattoo pack, or like “facial details” (as they are also completely forgotten cas features), I would be more happy, as they would fill a large hole that exists in the game. Somebody also mentioned maps from TS3, I would 100% buy world map kits, even if they were completely empty like newcrest 🙌

Eugh, I was hopeful for kits in the beginning but they are lacklustre to say the least, and seem to be at the price of actual other packs!
    @ddd994 Gotta agree with this. Like I said before I'm tired of them vomiting out redundant cas/bb packs but if they actually used these to kind of add to the elements that are lacking, I'd find it a smarter way to utilize them and might have even bought one.
    I mean, I look for CC when I feel like something is missing and your examples pretty much sum up the only CC I look for this game: masculine clothing/hair, facial hair, tattoos and facial details. If they had released a kit focused on this stuff they actually might have made a kit customer out of me.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2022
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    I feel like at this point most people are just done. I remember in 2020 everyone was so disappointed with what was being added, now people just don't expect anything.
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I'm not quite sure, I wouldn't mind kits if there was more of a variety. Right now there's only one gameplay kit and most kits are just CAS.

I'm also disappointed that a millennium old tradition like mehndi came just in a kit. It feels like paying premium for having your culture represented.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    Never bought any of them and I wish they would put their efforts elswhere. If I just want stuff there is plenty around to download for free.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited January 2022
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    Deleted ;):p
  • Options
    metmichallicametmichallica Posts: 45 Member
    Not a fan, I own one kit. Bust the dust, it was the only kit I was interested in.
  • Options
    CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    Hasn't it been since July 22nd since the last non kit pack released
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Other (explain please)
    Cladriah wrote: »
    Hasn't it been since July 22nd since the last non kit pack released

Correct. Cottage Living was released last year on July 22.
  • Options
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    It seems like some Gaming Journalists, who are usually very positive, aren't too impressed by Kits either
    Here is a recent article from TheGamer
    https://thegamer.com/release-sims-5-already/

Some interesting comments they made were:
    'In 2021, DLC shifted focus from a selection of more in-depth content, including expansions, game, and stuff packs, to several months of nothing but kits. This was despite initial reassurance that these new packs - which focus on adding a small number of niche items, mostly comprising of furniture and clothing - were “bite-sized” to "keep you going while you are waiting for those really big packs."'

"Kits may offer better value than the previous storefronts but they don’t offer better value than other forms of DLC."

"In short, The Sims 4 has become stale. The kits themselves are fine, but that’s the problem. Fine isn’t good enough for a life simulation game that only recently got story progression."

"Maybe I could be persuaded to stay longer with the addition of more hobbies, a chemistry system, or one of many other previously unexplored features, but this isn’t what we’ve got. Some ‘80s athletic wear, a broken vacuum cleaner, and some cute plants just aren’t going to persuade me to stick around."

And I completely agree with them.
    When even Gaming publications (who are generally very optimistic) are sick of them, you know you're in trouble.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    Im sick and tired of kits. We've had nothing but kits since our last EP and Im never buying them. And whoever said that kits wouldnt be affecting the releases of GPs and EPs?

surejan.w700.h700.jpg

And something I just thought of, we only have 1 kit that adds new gameplay mechanics, everything else is just new clothes or new furniture. Reminds me ALOT of other games that charge extra for new downloadable skins and/or alternate costumes. Nothing added to the game, just cosmetic changes. All the more reason I believe that kits are 100% just more of EA's shenanigans.

I have to laugh when they made that claim. "Kits won't affect the release of other content." Uh huh. Sure. Then where is all the content after April 2020?
    Those updates certainly didn't take that much time. Where's the townie overhaul?? Where's the swimming in water in other worlds? Cars? Babies? The Story Mode is not even real Story Mode.

All I can do is laugh.

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47d9fghont26yvoe0iwsu67v1jyps4xwl259rcjg9j&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Other (explain please)
    bixters wrote: »
    "Some ‘80s athletic wear, a broken vacuum cleaner, and some cute plants just aren’t going to persuade me to stick around."

Well looks to me like plenty are still hanging around waiting for the next pack. At least here on the forum.

Thought I responded to this post. 🤔
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    bixters wrote: »
    "Some ‘80s athletic wear, a broken vacuum cleaner, and some cute plants just aren’t going to persuade me to stick around."

Well looks to me like plenty are still hanging around waiting for the next pack. At least here on the forum.

Thought I responded to this post. 🤔

Well, there's no accounting for taste. I did post it in another similar thread because I thought it was relevant to the topic at hand.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I just haven't been interested in the last several kits. I own 4 of them so far. Bust the Dust, Industrial, kitchen and the plants.
  • Options
    itoldusoitolduso Posts: 60 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    Not a kit fan at all.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    If they had more gameplay kits coming out I wouldn't complain but we've only had 1 super buggy gameplay kit and everything else has just been cas or bb. If they're not making a baby dragon kit or anything else occult related I don't want anymore.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    Getting to be the same old same old, just different window dressing. If they insist on kitting us to death, how about ones that actually add to the game, not just the stuff pile? Am thinking particularly of activities that multiple sims can participate in as there are few of those at present compared to earlier versions. How about:

pool table - up to 4 sims plus watchers
    kicky-ball - same as above
    yard games for kids and adults
    the various 'play' interactions between 2 sims
    'dance with' = actually doing that, not being 20 or more feet away and facing a different direction
    pillow fights

for solo sims:
    remote control vehicles and aircraft - my TS2 sims love those things
    the soccer goal - I don't remember if more than 1 can use it
    the newspaper - it provided crossword puzzles, reading, and paper airplane
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited January 2022
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I'm not tired of them but I feel the developers need to calm down with releasing them, we have lots of build &buy and cas kits but only one gameplay kit, they should release more gameplay kits
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    Sick and tired of kits. We desperately need more and improved gameplay, much more than CAS items. And you wont find that in kits, only GP's and EP's.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    theemaskedsimmertheemaskedsimmer Posts: 63 Member
    Neutral about Kits
    I do not love them nor do I hate them. I mean its $5 so can't complain too much. It adds a little something to the gameplay which for me is something I enjoy. Overall though, I wish they would release more packs/expansions instead of those.