Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims Delivery Express (1/10/22 or 10/1/22)

Comments

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I love it!! I love seeing more cultural wear added to the game ♡ gives me hope for more CAS options when they release TS5
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love the new outfits! I do wish the shoes were separate, though.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Wow, I just noticed the outfits in my game. My Sim bought an outfit from Plopsy and it said it was already in their household wardrobe, CAS. Went in to try and find it. Saw the new clothing items, but never did find the outfit. I wasn't looking at hair, but those are really, really nice.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    It looks nice, just a shame the hair is tied to the bow as that really reduces the usability of it. I wish they'd provide a toggle for things like that
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Very nice looking clothes, the food update might be korean food then as well.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'm not sure why people think this is for a Korean wedding... That doesn't look right.
    It should be for the Lunar New Year, not a wedding. I have wanted hanbok forever.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    I'm not sure why people think this is for a Korean wedding... That doesn't look right.
    It should be for the Lunar New Year, not a wedding. I have wanted hanbok forever.

@haneul
    So only for Lunar New Year and not general festivals or ceremonies?
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I like the new hairstyle, and outfits.
    We have slowly gotten new hairstyles, which is really nice.
    I love the new hairstyle, it has the bow at the end, but it will look really cute with different outfits.
    The outfits themselves are nice too, however it took be a bit to realize you couldn't change the shoes.
  • Options

@haneul
    @simgirl1010 Oh sorry - no, not only for Lunar New Year, but it doesn't look quite right for bride/groom attire for a wedding. I thought of the new year because it's coming up soon and made more sense than a wedding to me. There are so many comments saying it's for a traditional Korean wedding. I don't understand why.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2022
    Plumbeeb wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic, but I just wanted to show some appreciation for how far the game artists have come. The new hairstyle is 🔥 and the texture is really smooth and clean. Literally leaps and bounds compared to the base game hairstyles.

D0M0n6p.jpg

👏👏👏👏👏👏😍😍😍
    Appreciating
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options

@haneul
    @simgirl1010 Oh sorry - no, not only for Lunar New Year, but it doesn't look quite right for bride/groom attire for a wedding. I thought of the new year because it's coming up soon and made more sense than a wedding to me. There are so many comments saying it's for a traditional Korean wedding. I don't understand why.

The hanboks I've seen in weddings are usually much more elaborate and decorative. This one looks much more casual for everyday traditional or a celebration. Even the hairstyle.. I'm not sure if they intended it specifically as a bridal set. But I think people are assuming because of the possibility of a wedding game pack coming out.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    @haneul @Babykittyjade here's a tweet by Korean simmer about this outfit:

Auto translation:
    The hanboks added this time are quite traditional, especially in terms of color, and are the clothes worn by the younger generation. Even the hair style was taken care of. Daenggi Meori was the hairstyle of virgins before marriage, and the Fujian was mainly worn by male students. As a Korean seamer, I am very happy that EA did a good job of verifying Korean content!

So indeed even the hairstyle is really for brides.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Harukotyan wrote: »

Auto translation:
    The hanboks added this time are quite traditional, especially in terms of color, and are the clothes worn by the younger generation. Even the hair style was taken care of. Daenggi Meori was the hairstyle of virgins before marriage, and the Fujian was mainly worn by male students. As a Korean seamer, I am very happy that EA did a good job of verifying Korean content!

Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Auto translation:

I think this is a misunderstanding. Before marriage means not on the wedding, but for single girls...

ETA: To be clear, so yes it's confirmed not wedding hanbok and EA didn't intend for it to be wedding hanbok and mess up either.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    These outfits are pretty sweet. I'm really digging the guy's outfit, especially.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Auto translation:

I think this is a misunderstanding. Before marriage means not on the wedding, but for single girls...

ETA: To be clear, so yes it's confirmed not wedding hanbok and EA didn't intend for it to be wedding hanbok and mess up either.

I see, I wouldn't mind a little explanation when they upload outfits like these. And not just "Our favorite Freezer Bunny 🐰 is hopping into your game with new Create-A-Sim items"

We are free to use them however we want of course... but anyway, I think they look great.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    logion wrote: »

Auto translation:

I see, I wouldn't mind a little explanation when they upload outfits like these. And not just "Our favorite Freezer Bunny 🐰 is hopping into your game with new Create-A-Sim items"

We are free to use them however we want of course... but anyway, I think they look great.

@logion I agree that people are free to use the new clothes as they want, but I think it would look weird to use them for the bride and groom in a wedding, which is why I made my initial comment.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 2022
    Oh nvm its already explained

was just to chime in
    it isn't really wedding look as much as it is just formal party/family party look in modern sense
    I guess you could use it as everyday but people might find it bit of overkill in modern sense

and historically the hairstyle would have been worn by young unmarried ladies
    (as married ladies tend to do more with their hair) and the clothing suggests everyday noble lady

male hat is mostly younger male style historically and the clothing is also definitely more in noble style
    in male clothes it is more common to not have the hat added to the outfit especially in modern sense

though im not exactly sure why they chose that particular male hanbok
    and idk if its going with the student theme like the hat hmm
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member

Auto translation:

Great! I'll let Vanessa Jeong to wear this first
  • Options

Auto translation:

logion I agree that people are free to use the new clothes as they want, but I think it would look weird to use them for the bride and groom in a wedding, which is why I made my initial comment.

Of course, I understand. I feel the same way.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Liberty Lee has new formal look

its bit weird the outfit isn't in formal category though
    and I was wishing for more swatches :/ oh well at least there is hanboks
    8Bge5rm.png

I don't think we have any young could be korean guys in the game huh...
    I mean theres dennis but he is bit old to dress up like school boy maybe :sweat_smile:
    I feel like they should have perhaps went with more standard hanbok for guys but it is what it is

I do feel like these were maybe more with romantic historical dramas in mind than wedding wear though
    maybe the female attire goes for guests to weddings though hmm
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    Oh no , now my townies no doubt will be wandering round dressed like something from a circus
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

8Bge5rm.png

I mean theres dennis but he is bit old to dress up like school boy maybe :sweat_smile:
    I feel like they should have perhaps went with more standard hanbok for guys but it is what it is

I do feel like these were maybe more with romantic historical dramas in mind than wedding wear though

Looks great, yeah I often feel that the outfits in the game are often not very "standard" they often feel very over the top.

I'm not sure what pre-made sims we have that are korean, there is Vanessa Yong I suppose, and I never made the connection that Liberty Lee might be korean. But I guess it's up to the player to decide as well.
  • Options
    edited January 2022

8Bge5rm.png

Looks great, yeah I often feel that the outfits in the game are often not very "standard" they often feel very over the top.

I'm not sure what pre-made sims we have that are korean, there is Vanessa Yong I suppose, and I never made the connection that Liberty Lee might be korean. But I guess it's up to the player to decide as well.

Well Lee is common surname in korea so I sort of figured that she could be mixed or have korean heritage but born in ''willow creek''
    there isn't really any info on her parents or anything either so I just ran with it :lol:

Kim is another so Alice and Dennis could do too
    but I already have them in the earlier modernized korean wear which suits them better in my opinion
  • Options
    edited January 2022

8Bge5rm.png

Well Lee is common surname in korea so I sort of figured that she could be mixed or have korean heritage but born in ''willow creek''
    there isn't really any info on her parents or anything either so I just ran with it :lol:

That's good, personally, I think that's how one should play the sims. It's tricky though when Maxis are focusing on representation I feel that I need to use some clothes right, I wonder how people might feel if I'm posting a picture of a sim wearing this outfit who is much more likely to be japanese (like Miko Ojo for example). Korea and Japan have a complicated history.