Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims Delivery Express (1/10/22 or 10/1/22)

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    The beauty of the Sims is we can all play the way we want to. šŸ˜Š Well almost. šŸ˜„
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I wouldnt care and if a simmer put a black sim in a hanbok. Its a nonissue. Especially when there are some people on social media specifically who search out things to be enraged about, when really theyre highlighting their own biases and prejudice. I do hope this game and the next continue adding lots of more cultural wear. Simmers should be free to use them as they want! And if youre sensitive to backlash from certain users, not everything you do has to be shared online or approved by others online. Theres something about this quarantine and social media in recent years thats made it seem like strangers on the internet have a say in your life, your judgements or your choices when really theyre just strangers.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    It's funny timing because I am currently so into this (totally amazingl kdrama called the kings affection. It's set in old times with traditional clothing. I can't stop thinking of it everytime I see this šŸ˜†
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited January 2022
    I love anything which has to do with Korean culture due to my Causian mom's upbringing in South Korean when she was child-teenager. I actually wore a hanbok myself for I beleive a tourst and travelling class I took in school. Or for a kind of what do you call it an UN Nations thing or both in another class

Oh and the surname Park is another common Korean surname
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member

Can someone tell me what culture is the feminine outfit having a long tunic whith some pants. I am unable to put a picture here so I hope the description is clear.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Ziafar wrote: Ā»
    Can someone tell me what culture is the feminine outfit having a long tunic whith some pants. I am unable to put a picture here so I hope the description is clear.

Could be of south Asian culture. We call this kind salwar kameez
    iQqGwhr.jpeg
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited January 2022
    Honestly, I use clothes in pretty random ways in my game. Eccentric Sims wear ballgowns around town; prudish Sims wear Victorian dresses to bed; some men wear dresses everyday, while some women wear tuxedos every day. In the same climate, some Sims will run around in shorts while others are wearing parkas. I just have fun seeing everyone look like they're enjoying what they wear, even when it would look very odd in any real society.

I wish we could just wear whatever we want, whenever we want, in real life.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Honestly, I use clothes in pretty random ways in my game. Eccentric Sims wear ballgowns around town; prudish Sims wear Victorian dresses to bed; some men wear dresses everyday, while some women wear tuxedos every day. In the same climate, some Sims will run around in shorts while others are wearing parkas. I just have fun seeing everyone look like they're enjoying what they wear, even when it would look very odd in any real society.

I wish we could just wear whatever we want, whenever we want, in real life.

I completely agree. I have my sims wear whatever I want. If we are not supposed to be able to have sims wear them out of context then they should not be added to the game. But they are in the game so we can use them however we want. I don't share every sim I play online, they just have to make sense in my game.

For me sims is the perfect place to dress sims up in clothing I like to see but feel to unusual for me to wear in real life. The same goes for my sims names. I like to give them eccentric names, names I like but I would never give to my real life children because they would have to explain their names for the rest of their lives.
    I wouldnt care and if a simmer put a black sim in a hanbok. Its a nonissue. Especially when there are some people on social media specifically who search out things to be enraged about, when really theyre highlighting their own biases and prejudice. I do hope this game and the next continue adding lots of more cultural wear. Simmers should be free to use them as they want! And if youre sensitive to backlash from certain users, not everything you do has to be shared online or approved by others online. Theres something about this quarantine and social media in recent years thats made it seem like strangers on the internet have a say in your life, your judgements or your choices when really theyre just strangers.

I think you have a good point. This is just a game after all and some people are just looking for something to disapprove off. One reason why I like the fact that this a single player game. I only share those screenshots I like, the rest is private.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I don't see what is wrong with dressing any sim in any garment.

Irl, my mum used to own a Cheongsam which she got from China, it was beautiful. There's nothing Chinese about my mum.

I have a white sim in game who wears a sari, I think they are beautiful and so does she, so why not?
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    It's funny timing because I am currently so into this totally amazing kdrama called the kings affection. It's set in old times with traditional clothing. I can't stop thinking of it everytime I see this šŸ˜†

As a fellow historical kdrama lover, I'm beyond stoked with this addition, as well! My only gripe -and that goes for all these small cultural additions- is that there are so few things to combine it with. I would love a Korean inspired world, and since there hasn't been a proper music expansion, yet, can we dream about a k-pop s-pop pack? Maybe this and the Incheon kit are hints, like the country kitchen kit that came before cottage living. :D
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    *shrugs* Iā€™m still not going to use these items myself.

Iā€™m wondering if the new items are hinting at the global food stuff that is coming up? I love it when the Sims game adds new recipes. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    GoldilockGoldilock Posts: 80 Member
    Plumbeeb wrote: Ā»
    Slightly off-topic, but I just wanted to show some appreciation for how far the game artists have come. The new hairstyle is šŸ”„ and the texture is really smooth and clean. Literally leaps and bounds compared to the base game hairstyles.

D0M0n6p.jpg

I do say those hairstyles are very nice and well done especially the one on the right I like that one the most. The other is nice too and have a Frozen look to it.

This hair is in the base game?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    This hair is in the base game?

Yes. It was added to the game on Monday.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I don't really understand anyone who is feeling uncomfortable using cultural items with different cultures. It's a game, and when you're playing it, it's your game. Anyone offended by the simple usage of a clothing item in your game has serious issues.

I'm a cowboy, I was riding horses before I could walk (true story...my dad used me on their backs when he was training them). I promise I won't be offended if you use the cowboy hat that is in the game for a sim that doesn't live on a ranch.

My point is that almost all of the clothing in the game comes from some culture or another. As does all the art work, furniture styles, etc. It's a GOOD thing they are representing more different cultures.
    It's good to know that there are players who don't get offended if players use the cultural outfits on Sims that don't represent that particular culture or use it in wrong situation(s). I've always been afraid of using certain cultural clothes and items because of it.
    Maybe some day I'll have courage to wear some of the Korean clothes for Sims that have Korean names, but even if I didn't I always appreciate the cultural content added in Sims 4. :)
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Kimmer wrote: Ā»
    It's good to know that there are players who don't get offended if players use the cultural outfits on Sims that don't represent that particular culture or use it in wrong situation(s). I've always been afraid of using certain cultural clothes and items because of it.
    Maybe some day I'll have courage to wear some of the Korean clothes for Sims that have Korean names, but even if I didn't I always appreciate the cultural content added in Sims 4. :)

I actually used the cowboy hat and the fact that my own "cultural upbringing" was that of a cowboy, including the hats, boots and western styled attire being pretty much what everyone in our world wore, because it directly ties into this thread's reference to the new Korean cultural attire. Korea loves the cowboy stuff and Western style has had a big influence over there. So, as an example, it's just pointing out that cultural styles being adopted by another culture goes both ways.

I doubt anyone has qualms about using the cowboy hat in the game, so these new additions should be absolutely no different. Because it is absolutely no different. If a style has religious or spiritual connotations I think we should be sensitive to misuse, but for something that is just a 'style'....it should be fair game. If anything, it's a show of respect to like the style of another culture so much that you want to use it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    I agree. For me it is not cultural appropriation, it is cultural appreciation.
  • Options
    It's funny timing because I am currently so into this totally amazing kdrama called the kings affection. It's set in old times with traditional clothing. I can't stop thinking of it everytime I see this šŸ˜†

As a fellow historical kdrama lover, I'm beyond stoked with this addition, as well! My only gripe -and that goes for all these small cultural additions- is that there are so few things to combine it with. I would love a Korean inspired world, and since there hasn't been a proper music expansion, yet, can we dream about a k-pop s-pop pack? Maybe this and the Incheon kit are hints, like the country kitchen kit that came before cottage living. :D

Ikr. A kpop pack would be a dream. With group dancing. šŸ˜ a Korean world. I was actually hoping for a Korean inspired highschool pack.
    Right now this is really out of place as we have nothing else Korean or historical. But who knows what we could get in the future šŸ‘€
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited January 2022

"Korean City" was one of the worlds you could vote for in a survey from 2020. So maybe we will see it one day.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    When I first saw the pretty new SXD dress in white I though, this could so go with my Jane Austen gal sim, regardless of the big ribbon & tassel.
  • Options
    Business is kind of slow at Seoul Food Restaurant.

lT4y4md.png

Maybe it's because I don't have any Korean dishes on the menu. :p
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Business is kind of slow at Seoul Food Restaurant.

lT4y4md.png

Maybe it's because I don't have any Korean dishes on the menu. :p

The outfits (and your sims) look great! Hopefully, the "global food" gives more of the international foods that could fit all sorts of cuisines for many types of restaurants! :smiley:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Well I do not mind cultural content in my game, but dear Sims team how about tagging it properly??? The first thing I've stumbled in my game after update was paparazzi elder male with this new virgin hairdo...:
    39909444a96a747b4a38618f90978e7a8111c2f0.png