Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,124 Member
    @king_of_simcity7
    This just popped up on my Facebook timeshare. I did not realise that I made Stacy on New Years Day 2019. I knew it was at the start of 2019 but not as far back as that!
    ^Wow.
    And New Years Day 2019 seems like a lifetime ago after these past couple of years following... :neutral:

Can you believe I starting writing my Sam Beckett story 5 years ago!? :open_mouth:

So you gonna start sharing more of your stories and gameplay? :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Happy New Year. Didn't play today but my team lost 2-1, though they did play brilliantly against the League Champions, they're still fourth in the League though and with some tough games coming up, but the Transfer Window is open for the month so they could make some sales and purchases (Half the team are in the last two years of their Contracts, so long-term replacements are vital)
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Just a random (close-up) picture of the My Little Ponies Sandy at ATS3 created for her Advent Calendar gifts this year. :blush:

Sims-3-My-little-ponies.jpg

Aren't they adorable? <3 She added the cutie marks and everything! Kudos! :star:
    (Edit: I meant ATS3 not MTS )
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Silverofdreams30 Thank you. Looks like Morgana - your version looks stunning btw - has some good line-up to choose from :smile: . And if she can't decide, she can just keep all three :smiley: .

@emorrill Thank you, good you got a laugh out of it :smile: . And yeah, my game needs some housekeeping. I wish it was easier to sort through custom content.
    I'll keep the Stardew Valley stuff in spoilers:
    Yes, my explanation was too short, given I didn't want to get too much off-topic. Your first idea was correct: Alex doesn't do it for me. His problem isn't his focus on athletics and not much else - except hair gel maybe - but that he is dumb as a fence post. He has a sad backstory, yes, but you don't spend your life with someone because of a feel of charity (except your professional life - maybe). I've seen every villager's 10-heart event (I had my char buy 12 bouquets - Pierre didn't judge), and I know what Alex's 14=heart event is - just No.

To make it short: I went with Abigail. She's quite interesting. Though she seems to be mostly interested in eating, at least eating rocks doesn't yield many calories, and we have the money to pay for the dentist's bills (j/k). Her 14-heart event is one of those moments of ludo-narrative dissonance this game has so many of. It makes a big deal of one monster you probably killed hundreds of at that point. But the whole game has that issue, and it's nice to walk past that little grave once in a while.

The other villagers:
    The girls fare a bit better than the guys, I think.
    Emily - Does that girl ever slow down? And I don't share her interest in the healing magic of crystals or clothes. Funny event in the woods, but sorry.
    Haley - I understand the hate she seems to get from the community (first impressions), but she actually turns around admirably. She will always overthink everything and hardly ever really relax. Solid choice, I guess.
    Leah - probably my second choice, given we both know what she wants, and I think it's something that's compatible with farm life.
    Maru - I don't mind that she is a bright girl, but I mind that she needs to emphasize all the time how much brighter than the farmer she is. Also, she really should do something else with her life than sit on a farm.
    Penny - I wanted to have a dialog option to tell her: "If you think that your dissatisfaction with your living situation and your disapproval of your mother's drinking and cleaning habits is enough to base a life with somebody else on, you are sorely mistaken." Hard pass. I found that attempt to try to whine herself into my char's life off-putting.
    The rest of the guys:
    Elliot - He seems nice enough, but he's nice enough as a neighbor.
    Harvey - Unlike your version, he has low self-esteem and is deep in depression - I can imagine why he often stands at the river - but he has a nice turn-around when you get to know him better. Really charming. Solid choice, I guess. Also, still has a job after marriage.
    Sam - Scatterbrained, but remarkably resourceful when it's necessary. He actually takes the initiative into the relationship, and he organizes the band. Then again, you probably destroy all that when you bring him onto the farm, where he basically does nothing anymore.
    Sebastian - Actually has a job and earns real money. Then again, he never does anything to achieve his dreams, but stays in his emo role. He needs a kick, not a room on a farm where he will always stay a stranger.
    Shane - This may be "helper syndrome, the game" but my helper syndrome has limits. I understand that you succeed half-way to turn him around, but I think it would be a constant struggle. Not sure I would want to organize my life around something like that.

And those were too many words. Anyway, I can appreciate how those characters contrast with your versions :smile:

Oh, Sims3? I sometimes ask myself what crosses the mind of the person who hires the personnel that staffs the kissing booths.
    bkaKXZP.jpg
    Who would want to spend money for the opportunity to kiss this guy?
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,929 Member
    @emorrill thank you. And Happy New Year back to you.

Your 'My Little Ponies' brought back memories. Didn't you have a story on that theme a few years ago?
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Maggie scored a date with the hottest up and coming doctor in Bridgeport, Indi Nicholson.
    q6sDX2U.png

She was ready togo and meet him at a local dance club, but things weren't going great for her...
    LVFzXbS.png
    0KeYzOl.png

Tonight was a full moon, but it still startled me to see a zombie standing outside of Maggie's apartment.
    BVVuEIP.png

Yep, not weird at all.
    eYTPkNJ.png

We made it to the club in one piece.
    oR5ffru.png

Low and behold, while she was chatting up her date a zombie COMES OUT OF THE GROUND right next to them.
    Talk about frightening.
    A9mdp4e.png

Oh well, let's not let zombies ruin the night.
    Maggie ordered a round of drinks for her and Indi.
    uOelf1G.png
    6v9Wmxy.png
    xbn45Ze.png

They danced a little...
    GneO8Fj.png

Well, actually a lot. I queued up a few different interactions for them to do together, play shuffle-board, sit in the hot tub, but they kept going back to dancing. No problem with that. :)
    QI8U8Hw.png

Maggie went to use the bathroom, she came back to see Indi dancing on the table. Seems like he had to much to drink, lol.
    CLdsYHH.png

Maybe tonight wasn't the best night to go out, this was the second zombie attack of the night.
    qGbU25K.png

The night was coming to a close, as was the bar. The date seemed to have gone well.
    I guess they stayed out all night, the sun was already coming up.
    38ZvbC9.png

While they were both waiting for their taxi's Maggie managed to sneak in a kiss.
    59aOElH.png

The date was a success!
    Hopefully there will be more to come. :)
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Sorry for not sharing screenshots, but I had some unexpected (because I'm inexperienced?) things happen that were the kinds of surprises I love about Sims 3.

So I have an Sixamite/Human household headed by two married dads, and their three alien/human-hybrid offspring, and a clone made, ironically, by the oldest son once he came home with his medical degree...from DNA he asked his father for a sample of. So he cloned his own dad and then the household had another baby to raise. Oops.

Fast forward, there were then 2 teens and a child, about to have a teen party while the adults were away, and the youngest, the clone, aged up to teen as well!

So it's a full moon, a teen party is starting, and I hear some flirting sounds, so went to see what was going on, and to my shock it was the third oldest and only daughter, flirting with the barely-teen clone son! Wut?! Then I realized, of course. They aren't actually siblings.

But he's...genetically identical to her father so still a little ewwww.

out of curiosity I let them roll with it if only to see what happens.

Zombies are breaking out of the ground outside and the two flirts are getting buffs from kissing under the full moon.

The flirting is going really well (full moon does that apparently!) and they're going steady.
    I realize this could be dicey because she's irresistible. Everyone who can, gets attracted to her. She'll probably end up breaking his heart.
    But they don't care, they're all over each other!

And then I saw "propose marriage" in the pie menu and was shocked teens could do that but since I was having so much fun with surprises, decided to go for it. He proposed in the hallway and now they're engaged. I can't imagine how this is going to make drama at school with her being irresistible and all.

It's funnier because he's barely a teen and she's about to age up to adult. As if his being a clone of her father, and brought up as her sibling weren't enough.

Oh, it's awful, but sometimes awful is just so danged entertaining!
    :D
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,202 Member
    @Astro

Cool looking sims, I have not used the zombies for
    years hehe.

@Turjan

Thank you, I let her choose the first one she went up and chatted too and they are a good
    fit.

@emorrill

I will post the final one after this!
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,202 Member
    this will be the final post of the story, the holidays are over ( Well, I still have a week off from my courses), so I don't want to drag it out
    any longer.

" A Christmas we will never forget"

Final chapter

dkySyU0.jpg

Fitting opening screenshot over Thorntons home

KtaZesd.jpg

Morgana was happy to be in her own home, she had three roommates and all were guys, but she was not bothered one bit
    about that.

DSgVMzu.jpg

She had a choice to do, one of the roommates would be the one for her, so she needed to think
    really carefully.

Tez5ITt.jpg

9nQkyQ6.jpg

She hugged each of them not to be rude, and to see how the chemistry was.

Lnw4CKy.jpg

This guy though was something else, she felt the best chemistry with him, and he was also more
    fitting personality with her.

8VkAvbk.jpg

IJkP7em.jpg

She made up her choice!

o3f2IBO.jpg

This guy Walter Fullman was her choice, and they are very cute togheter!

Ft1pker.jpg

sleeping in the only bed in her home haha.

nZ6WmkP.jpg

They decided to become official after she found out she was pregnant with his
    baby.

JkI21R5.jpg

ORzQY03.jpg

The End!

• Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    @Turjan That kissing booth dude :o I´d pay NOT to kiss him :D

@Silverofdreams30 Nice ending to your christmas story. They look like a nice match and their child will be very cute i am certain.

@Astro what a nice date and awesome pictures! Your sim seem a bit clumsy, and Indi sure likes to wear his party shoes! :p
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @emorrill Probably from when I had it last time.
    My whole house has it now.
  • Options
    sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    i "adopted" an alien
    Screenshot-354.jpg
    Screenshot-355.jpg
    Screenshot-356.jpg
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Happy New Years to all!

@Turjan I can't quite bring myself to play StarDew Valley with the pixel peoples. Hubby played it and I watched him but gosh that takes me way back to the beginning of my console gaming with Mystic Quest RPG's. Not counting Frogger and things like that on the old Atari system.
    I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your family, you make me laugh at your descriptions. Tyler Tulip would definitely get a makeover in my game. Ouch!
    I don't think I would pay to kiss that guy.

@Silverofdreams30 Great choices of guys for Morgana!
    I'm kinda glad she picked Walter. And she's preggers! Awesome. Definitely a Christmas to remember.
    Beautiful scenery pictures.

@Astro Glad to see Maggie managed to get to her date and have some fun.
    Fun seeing the zombies get to have some fun too!

@ignominiusrex Welcome! Interesting storyline.

@king_of_simcity7 Great going down memory lane with our sims.

@emorrill I still have not taken time to see what she had this year. The ponies are cute!

@sulfurstyless Cute pictures. I love raising aliens.

I had some fun messing around in Supernatural Island yesterday for a little while. I've started adding the main families. I hope I will have some pictures later this week. Depends on work and helping out with my grandson.
    51795545894_73c5198bfd_o.jpg
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Astro Maggie is lovely! Funnily enough, just saw your post on the subreddit! :lol:
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    A quick comment:
    emorrill wrote: »
    Just a random (close-up) picture of the My Little Ponies Sandy at ATS3 created for her Advent Calendar gifts this year. :blush:

Sims-3-My-little-ponies.jpg

Aren't they adorable? <3 She added the cutie marks and everything! Kudos! :star:
    (Edit: I meant ATS3 not MTS )

Yeah, I love them! I used them as studio props, and the details look fine even when they are enlarged 500% :smiley: Thanks for the comments, btw!

NWiS4zw.jpg

yO8YqJM.jpg

g0zTIoe.jpg

cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited January 2022
    oh wait, were these supposed to be storylines? i was just laughing at the absurdities of my game that day and wanted to see how far down the rabbit hole of weirdness went, wasn't making an intentional storyline. I could see how the clone getting with an unrelated household member who was nevertheless the genetic daughter of the clone's...whatever you call the DNA source of a clone...the original? LOL I dunno. But I could see that being tasteless, to formulate as an intentional storyline.

@Silverofdreams30 what cc do you use for those amazingly attractive faces? I have never used CC in sims 3 but seeing what's possible makes me want to try!
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Hey friends. :)

So I was all set to make reply comments this morning when the power went out (again) just as I was about to... We had 3 power outages today all within in an hour time frame and by then I was done until the power company fixed whatever they were fixing.

We had the largest temperature drop in the past 24 hours that I've ever seen in an area where we've lived! The high was 60 on Saturday and a cold front moved in that night, dropping the temps into the 20s, and now the high today was 35! :open_mouth: Wow Arkansas weather, you may be more bipolar than Utah's weather. :lol:

Any of the rest of you in this part of the US enjoying the drastic cold front? :p

Anyhoo!

@Turjan You always make me laugh. :lol: Your wit is very similar to my husband's. :blush:
    I thoroughly enjoyed reading your rants about the Stardew Valley characters. :lol: You were on point for the most part! And I'm the same as you, my "helper" trait has limits now when it didn't used to. I used to be one of those that had a hard time saying No to anyone because I always wanted to be nice and help. I learned the hard way that...people will take advantage of that if you aren't careful. :pensive: And also, sometimes your help can be enabling.....Anyway.
    Can you believe that some people out there actually believe that a Penny and Shane pairing would be perfect? I would have to give an emphatic NO to that! I don't even think I have to explain, based on what you said about them. But if you feel like sharing your thoughts on it, do enlighten me. :blush:
    Hard pass on kissing that booth guy! :grimace: No offense dude, I'm sure someday love will find you. :lol:

@Karritz
    Your 'My Little Ponies' brought back memories. Didn't you have a story on that theme a few years ago?
    ^Why yes, yes I did. :blush:
    Best-Mane-6-pose.jpg

@Astro
    Maggie scored a date with the hottest up and coming doctor in Bridgeport, Indi Nicholson.
    ^If I were single, I wish I was in her shoes. :smirk:
    Despite how much I don't like man buns, he looks pretty cute in that last picture there kissing her. :love:
    Welcome back to the thread! :grin:

@Silverofdreams30 *Squeal!* I am SO glad Morgana had the best chemistry with Warren! <3 I mean, he just looked like the perfect match for her.
    And she's having his baby. Awww. <3 I would love to see a wedding celebration for them. If you feel like doing like that. No pressure. :kissing_heart:
    I know the story had to come to an end, but I wish we could see a little bit more of Thornton and Morgana's new relationships. :blush: Great job!

@bekkasan She (Sandy at ATS3) didn't have much that interested me on the advent calendar this year again. She did have a Cabbage Patch doll and I had to snag that for nostalgia. :smiley:
    Supernatural Island is looking great. (And bright. ;)<3 )

@Cororon
    Yeah, I love them! I used them as studio props, and the details look fine even when they are enlarged 500% :smiley:
    ^Sweet! :smiley: A tribute to Sandy's talent! :star:
    AH! I LOVE your pictures with the girls and the ponies!!! :grin:<3

*Well folks, I've been taking pictures in my game for the next part of my Stardew Valley story. :mrgreen: Stay tuned!

***Is there anyone else who would like to participate in my "Twinbrook Homeless Sim Makeover Challenge?" If so, let me know and I'll be more than happy to pass the rules on to you. :) Thank you SO much to those of you who have participated already. Oh how much it warmed my heart to see how it brought us all back together on here and socializing just before Christmas. <3 It was one of the best gifts I could've received after a rough year. Thank you very very much. {{{{Hugs}}}}***

Keep calm and Sim on during this new year my friends. :)
  • Options
    @CravenLestat Look who I've been testing new cc accessories on lately. :blush:

<3 Mailai! <3

Screenshot-31.jpg

She's officially my favorite lady sim from you. 🥰 I've GOT to use her in a future story someday!

I'm loving this new hairstyle I put on her as well. I think I'll keep in on her. :blush:
  • Options
    salemboo356salemboo356 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @KayeStar said:
    > Right now, I'm playing the 100 baby challenge. I only have four kids, so I've got a long way to go. The oldest is about to become a teenager and I'm trying to get the mother to have another baby.

im also doing 100 baby challenge I only have 5 so far
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    I haven't been on Sims 3 much in the past two-three weeks since...well...Double XP...on SWTOR. And I evidently have a new couple...on SWTOR... Risha and Satoru. Oh, they're going to make some fireworks.
    xD7ekIh.jpg
    Just like River and Haruo - but unless I port Risha and Satoru into Sims 3...their romantic story-line is predetermined.
    uW8cw3V.jpg
    My number one couple will always be these two.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @emorrill I told you she was a cutie :p Glad you love her

But if I so much as get a phone call from her about a dirty house or you aren't feeding her or you made her poor :s

I will...

DrNMryi.gif

Not sure if you guys know that game ad that plays everywhere but I made the girl from it

cjnpAhJ.jpg

Simmyfied made her quick so don't hate :(

Whm541z.png
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @emorrill Also want to send you a hairstyle to try out on her but u gotta post pic will mail it to u soon
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 Looks like your Christmas story found a happy end! :smile: Beautiful winter shot, btw.

@ZhakiraP True! I doubt the kissing booth made much money that season :lol: .

@bekkasan Thank you very much. I don't mind pixel games, and I also love Terraria, for example. Then again, the toddlers in Stardew Valley look like little monsters from hell, so I can understand that the visual style doesn't quite match your preferences :wink: . Regarding Tyler Tulip, I just left him because he looks like someone I know. Otherwise, yes, I'd probably do a makeover. It's very low effort from my side in this town, as the game runs at 3.15GB.
    I hope all goes well for you in your Supernatural Island game. And have fun with the family :smile: .

@emorrill Thanks. Regarding the helper syndrome often being detrimental, the game even drives that home at some point. For example, you can spend 500k plus material (that's more than on your own farm house) to build a house for Pam and Penny. First day they are ecstatic, second day Pam looks for the catch, because it can't be real, third day it's back to drinking and whining. I actually expected that, and I only did that because you have to do it for the shortcuts later on.
    Shane and Penny? Shane actually switches to cola in a relationship, but he will stay messy, which Penny hates. Also, isn't it a bit cruel to give someone who tries everything to escape an alcoholic relative into a relationship with an alcoholic? That may be stereotypical, but doesn't work for me. The main reason why I don't see this is that those two have nothing in common (except some interest in the well-being of Jas). There's no "hook" to start this. Shane even has a hobby, raising chicken, and she has no interest in such things (my farmer raises his blue chickens though).
    What I didn't mention when I said I chose Abigail are those relations. Abigail has a relationship to the farm (she mentioned she often played there) and you meet her during things you actually do (in the mines for example). I'd even consider building a slime hutch for her. There is at least something that gels. You need something in common you like to talk about in a functioning relationship, and please not just the children. That's too much pressure on them.
    ErPOqu4.jpg
    Well, at least initially, because I didn't think this was the right moment to go and use the pool.
    Kuugx9Y.jpg
    Also, looks like it's time to call pest control again :wink: .

And then he changed into his new "uniform" while inspecting the house...
    gYOqo4m.jpg
    Did the consignment store have some sale on Oktoberfest surplus? The cop finished his job in this garb, so we'll not dwell on it.
    8P8YvyX.jpg

Everything got quiet again. The new gardening products don't need any feeding or diapers, and their social needs are fulfilled by those... dolls.
    XOnwM43.jpg
    Of course, they'll get taught everything they need to know, but it's a bit more relaxed than usual.
    Until next time :smile: .
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited January 2022
    Morgue and Nikolla
    THHxC4.jpg

What would happen if Morgue kissed Nikolla🤍?
    THbnxA.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    THbdrq.jpg

Nikolla turned into Nikolla🤍
    THbHRH.jpg
    THbbzd.jpg
    THb7Je.jpg

But he still refuses certain interactions
    THqkyn.jpg

Next time I try if they can woohoo
    THqnFU.jpg
    THqeoT.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Cororon Adorable pics with the ponies. I use those cc to make things smaller but never thought to enlarge toys. Great idea!

@emorrill I do remember friends being frantic about getting that cabbage patch doll. I had a boy so didn't need to fret. :grin:

@CravenLestat Your Taonga girl looks spot on. What did you name her!? I like her very much.

@Turjan Thanks!
    Plant baby! So adorable!! I've got one plant family and one single plant sim in the SI families so far. I'm hoping more will be born in game as I play it.
    Jeeps, must be a really awesome pool or just a silly sim cop after all.
    Actually he looks kinda cute with the lederhosen on. :grin:
    oh my gosh, by golly (I still got Christmas songs on my brain.) those dolls...those dolls. AGGGHHH Runs back to bed and hides.
    Peeks out from under the covers...when I was testing things in SI the other day I pulled one of the mailbox and realized I didn't have it tuned out. Eeek, fixed and saved. Phew!

@ShadowAssassin Guess they need to keep working on the relationship. Looks promising though.

@Silverofdreams30 I had to share how happy David, Maria and Eden are settling in their new house in Supernatural Island.
    51795910665_cd14285b9f_o.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top