Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living or Snowy Escape?

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited December 2021
    Island Living
    I like them both but I have played with Island living more
    because I'm not that into winter sports tbh
    and I feel like I only use them with specific sims

worlds are both pretty and useful to my gameplay but again maybe i just use sulani more cause of the water stuff
    the build/buy and cas is awesome for both too so I can't even really base it on that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I like Island Living for its world, but find it rather lacking in the gameplay department, with what little unique gameplay there is being confined to Sulani. Sure, you can have a boat and a mermaid in your home pool, but it's just not the same, and the mermaids are very underdeveloped anyway. Now if Mua Pel'am was an ancient sacrificial site where you can throw unpleasant sims into the volcano to appease the island spirits, that would make things more interesting, but unfortunately, even the volcano is all show and no substance.

Snowy Escape has similar problems with depending too much on its world, but at least that world has a lot to offer, a mountain to climb (I wish Island Living had something similar in the form of an underwater excursion), a river to swim and do watersports in (which takes away some of Sulani's uniqueness), and children can partake in most of the new activities, too (everything except rock climbing to be precise, whereas in Island Living they can't even ride boats). Also on a more personal note, Snowy Escape introduced one neighbourhood of eternal winter, something I had been hoping for, so it's clear which expansion is the winner for me.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Snowy Escape
    Even though I think I love Island Living's world far more, Snowy Escape just adds more to the game that is used in all worlds.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    This is a hard question as I’ve had equal amounts of gameplay, cas mode and bb mode out of the 2 packs so I can’t pick. For me they really are equal in all aspects of the pack.
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    neither
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Island Living
    This is a hard choice as both are my favorites. I would have to go with Island Living though. I myself have both packs.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Both!

When there’s adventure potential I need it all!
    I love the rock climbing adventures I can have with Snowy Escape and Island Living is an extension to my Jungle adventure gameplay - and vice versa. Everything offered in both packs is equally important in my sim life.
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited December 2021
    Island Living
    both are good. had to pick IL purely because it introduced one of my favorite premades, Nalani! and i just love to live in Sulani with my sims. but i also really enjoy snowy escape because i am a snowboarder myself and am a SSX veteran and Snowy Escapes has a sim named after my favorite SSX character Kaori Nishidake, even though the sims version looks nothing like the SSX one but they are both happy and cheerful and are beasts on a snowboard ( sims 4 Kaori has the highest snowboarding skill of all the SE premades meaning she is the queen of the slopes on a board). you can't go wrong with either of these packs.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I actually love both because they are completely contrast to one another. ;)
  • Options
    EllGeorgianaEllGeorgiana Posts: 13 New Member
    Snowy Escape
    I love Snowy Escape purely for the build and buy aspect and the addition of a different culture that I’m unfamiliar with. I feel like it could have been the same for Island Living if the Mermaids were more interesting kind of similar to the system we have with vampires and if there had been more focus on giving us a world that had more lore or culture. Either way both of the worlds are absolutely beautiful and I love playing in both.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Island Living
    After IL came out, my sims have almost exclusively lived in Sulani. No other world has the warm climate I prefer. I hate the cold and snow. We have freezing temps right now, and I'm constantly cold. If I could live in Sulani myself, I would!
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Snowy Escape
    There's more for me to do with Snowy Escape so I like it better. Island Living is... okay, but I cannot shake the feeling that something is greatly missing.

Whether I send my sims on vacation there or are playing a native household I find myself getting bored faster compared to playing in other worlds.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Snowy Escape
    Snowy escape is like, one of my favorite packs of all time. I love climbing Mt. Komorebi, skiing, snowboarding, rock climbing, and hiking, plus the world is gorgeous. The BB and CAS is probably my most used to date, and the kids wear school uniforms to school there, which is a huge bonus for me. If I have to suffer with a school uniform, so do my sims >:)
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Island Living
    I am with the majority, I love them both, use b/b from both, both neighborhoods are beautiful, scenery wise. So what makes IL edge SE, just a little...I live in Florida, USA, where the weather is sub-tropical and mostly warm and sunny year round. B)

In rl, I'm more the indoor type, but absolutely love watching my simmies fly down the Ludicris slope in Mt. Komorebi. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Island Living
    I like both almost equally and they are both my favourite packs, but I think I use Island Living more. While I like the snowboarding, sledding and hiking from Snowy Escape and have always wanted a constant snow world like there was in Sims Vacation, I find myself playing as mermaids in Sulani so much more. The mermaids are awesome and the world is unique, there's so many different activities to do. Mermaids are my favourite Sims 4 feature. EA have done a really good job with them.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Island Living
    I only went with IL cause of the mermaids tbf, gameplaywise SE is waaay better imho but I just love, love, love occults so..
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    Snowy Escape
    Island Living just has you building sand castles in Oasis Spring, that's pretty much all it added to regular gameplay. Snowy Escape has a great world, but also enhanced the game overall.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I agree that both packs are similar to each other, they basically add new location based activities and stuff, but out of the two I feel that the stuff in Snowy Escape feels much more well rounded and fleshed out. Snow Boarding, Skiing and Rock Climbing are all skills so there's some kind of progression associated with those activities, Island Living didn't even add any new skills, no Aqua Zip skill, no Sulani Culture skill, no Swimming skill. Mt Komorebi has official festivals with proper notifications, while Sulani's festivals are just kind of there. Snowy Escape also has Lifestyles which is a universal feature so the pack somewhat expands upon the overall game.
  • Options
    dominoes007dominoes007 Posts: 21 Member
    Island Living
    I must admit, I was so excited for Snowy Escape when it was announced. However, after downloading it, I think I made my Sims visit once. After that, I went straight back to Island Living. I still find the hiking quite glitchy, and I don't have much fun with the slopes or the climbing (plus, getting notifications about festivals while i'm in a completely different country takes me out of it). I find there is quite a lot more to do in Island Living, and the island feels huge to me. I completely understand why Snowy Escape is winning through.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I have both, and I love both.
    Island Living has mermaids, and I love the world overall.
    Snowy Escape has a Japanese theme to it, is really nice overall, and has quite a few activities.
    I chose Snowy Escape, but I love both, and own both of them as well.
  • Options
    flooootjeflooootje Posts: 3 New Member
    Snowy Escape
    i'd say snowy escape is better, it does kinda depent on your aesthetic in my opinion. i feel like both packs add a same amount of stuff and things to do. i personally prefer snowy escape, because i use the cas and bb a lot more, and i just love the japanese aesthetic.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited December 2021
    Island Living
    I prefer Island living over snowy escape. A lot of people say it doesn’t have as many activities, but my sims swim, fish ( love the boat for fishing ), beach comb, collect shells, build sand castles, lounge on blowups in the water, suntan, and jet ski, I haven’t tried the diving yet ( it is too bad you can’t see them diving under water ). Once in awhile they catch a festival. It is a great vacation spot for my sims, and brought the much needed swimming in places other than swimming pools. I also like the extra swimsuits ( though I also like the added jackets in Snowy escape ). The world is beautiful. Without this pack my sims couldn’t build sand castles, many of my sim kids have sand boxes, ( even have one by a karaoke bar in city living ) and till Island living sims children and toddlers could not play in the sand in them! There are a lot of good size lots in Sulani too. I have added a nightclub/BNB under the shipwreck lot and children's outdoor activities with BBQ, picnic table, loungers, and towels. I also added a Ship restaurant to one of the ocean lots with other activities. I have a rental in each Island, because my sims love the beach.

Because of island living we now get swimming in the newer packs in lakes and rivers. I DO wish they would add swimming to worlds like Oasis Springs ( the big lake there ), Windenburg Island, And Brindleton Bay ( at least for our selected household ). I also wish they would update Del Sole Valley with with some beach lots or bring out a beach pack based on California beaches, they could add surfing, boogie boarding, and volleyball. And, whatever happened to a regular diving board, pool slide, water basketball, and games for children like Marco Polo, and weighted ring tossing/retrieving? I would also like to see swimming in Silvadorado and Granite Falls.

Although I like skiing, sledding, boarding, climbing and hiking in Snowy escape, and the festivals, I was so disappointed that they didn’t make it where children could at least sled on mountains in other worlds in the snow ( having seasons ). They could have made a ramp we could place in the snow too for snow boarders in other worlds.

I have lived in California all my life, and love the Water, especially the beaches. So any pack with swimming an beach activities would be my preference. My active sims ( especially those that like to vacation love both worlds ).
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Island Living
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'd go with Snowy Escape not even a question Island Living really adds nothing especially if you play in one of the older worlds such a poorly done expansion.

I've never understood comments like this. It's called Island Living, not suburban living. If you're not interested in living on an island, or playing with island related gameplay, then why buy a pack that is about that? It'd be like buying Generations and then complaining that it adds nothing as all the gameplay is for families and you don't play with families...
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Island Living
    For me personally, I enjoy island gameplay so yeah. The world, it's tropical environment and activities which are unlike anything we already have in game has added a lot to my gameplay and is probably the pack I've played with and enjoyed the most so I'd have to pick it for those reasons :)
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,037 Member
    Island Living
    I recently bought Snowy Escape and I haven't explored everything about it yet, but while I like it, I LOVE Island Living, the culture, the beaches, the dolphins (!), and swimming in the oceans. Snowy Escape is fun, but if I had to choose, Island Living is the one I'd keep. But then I've never been into cold weather, skiing or extreme sports in real life either.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!