Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living or Snowy Escape?

sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
Hi! I see these packs being compared to each other, heck even some people saying "oh snowy escape is just IL but with snow" and I'd like to know which pack you prefer! I personally had much more fun with Snowy Escape, I got used to Japanese media, I enjoy skiing/snowboarding in first person view and also the climbing excursion and even the skill! Moreover, I use the world frequently as well as the soundtrack being pristine.
Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future

Island Living or Snowy Escape? 128 votes

Island Living
46%
Bluegaylebshag4lvStormkeepncisGibbs02Beardedgeekgoodcakebaker62DarkLady2788catloverplayergreydonnLustianiciaMilutinMujovicashcrash19lisasc360spice3BabykittyjadeLadyKynDanmanNefariuscyncieOnverserLatinaBunny 59 votes
Snowy Escape
53%
GalacticGalIcewolfkeekee53babajayneelanorbretonAnmirlasimgirl1010FlashMarkerDevSims91g01denswanRochertalanmichael1RamblineRoseFelicityCsibeubi3GracieO312pammiechickannaliese39snoepjes1210fiercephoenix91 69 votes

Comments

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Island Living
    I like them both almost equally. Island Living just has a bit more exotic vibe to me and I put it slightly ahead of Snowy Escape. I really like the winter sports and Japanese world too, so both EP's are great.
  • Options
    PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    Snowy Escape
    The problem is that IL comes with practically no gameplay. The biggest selling point is the beautiful world. Compared, SE has a great world, too, plus a lot of added activities like hiking and rock climbing throughout different locations, as well as skiing, snowboarding and sledding in the snowy part of the world. I find myself sending my sims to Mt. Komorebi much more compared to Sulani. In my opinion SE comes with much better Build/Buy and especially CAS items. I am glad I have both packs, but in the end I get a much better use out of SE.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Snowy Escape
    They are both great packs, but Island Living is missing water sports and water crafts that I loved in Island Paradise so I chose Snowy Escape.
  • Options
    sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    Snowy Escape
    6 + 9 votes... if u know u know unknown.png
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I like both worlds equally but SE offers activities. Hotpot and hiking get used a lot in my game.
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    Island Living
    I prefer Island Living. The rock climbing is fun, but the world is much harder for me to get around. I feel like it takes my sims forever to get up the slopes. Sulani is my favorite world. I love having bars and beaches there; most of my sims end up getting married there. I also enjoy having mermaids, even though they could be fleshed out better.
  • Options
    MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    Island Living
    In Snowy Escape, I experienced weird routing issues that I haven't really tried to figure out if it was a bug or just item placement in a house. Island Living isn't perfect but I feel it was better put together. I just wish there was some actual Caribbean elements in that expansion.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited December 2021
    Island Living
    They are both tied for second place for me (first is EL), but now that I have Seasons I think IL wins by a tiny margin. I can now have snow in every world, but still cannot swim in every body of water.
  • Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    Snowy Escape
    @MarmaladeJade Maybe it's the plateforms? The feature was very new when Snowy Escape release.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Snowy Escape
    So hard to choose because I love Sulani and the mermaid Sims, the beautiful deco objects, the beach activities, building sand castles, searching sand for treasure, the waterfall, the scenery, cleaning the island, the aspirations, but I am slightly obsessed with Japan so Snowy Escape won over by a little. I love this Northern Japan inspired location, the winter sports, the vending machines, the collectible toys, the hotpot and food recipes, the onsen, the festivals and the rock climbing. Hopefully Sulani will also one day get some beach festivals and summer sports like beach volleyball or water polo.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2021
    Island Living
    The poll is a tie! Lol Island living! Love both but I'm a true island girl and I absolutely hate the cold.
    I mainly use snowy escape as a vacation world because after a while the snow and cold is just too much for me 😆😆 so I run back to my islands!
    But I still love the whole idea of snowy escape it's nice to have variety and the activities are fun.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    edited December 2021
    Island Living
    I can’t compare because Snowy Escape is too cold for me. I’m a beach gal. For that reason, Island Living wins!
    In Snowy Escape, I experienced weird routing issues that I haven't really tried to figure out if it was a bug or just item placement in a house. Island Living isn't perfect but I feel it was better put together. I just wish there was some actual Caribbean elements in that expansion.

Island living is based on Polynesian Islands, not the Caribbean. Totally different cultures. Isla Paradiso in S3 was Caribbean based.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Snowy Escape
    Both have beautiful worlds, but SE has much more gameplay.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Island Living
    I like both worlds for what they are, but I hate snow in real life, so give me warm weather any day. Any excuse to wear fewer clothes is good. :wink:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Snowy Escape

Snowy Escape does make you feel cold I agree! :joy: But because it is so cold here the past two days with a weather alert that's why I have been playing Snowy Escape, having them drink hot beverages and eat soup, bundling them in sweaters, Skiing, Snowboarding, next I'm preparing them to summit the mountain I haven't tried it yet. Then after it will be back to the tropical islands ..
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,563 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I prefer Snowy Escape to Island Living. There is no restaurant in Island Living and very few lots where you could place one. It's fine, I do have it, but I only use it for a honeymoon place. Whereas I can take my Sim family to Mt. Kormorbi to ski and other fun activities.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I have and frequently use Snowy Escape, and haven't felt the need to purchase Island Living even after trying the trial so there's your answer I guess :)

• Options
    RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I'd like to say you should get both, but, if I have to choose one of them, I vote for Snowy Escape.
    I'm currently playing the household in Mt.Komorebi (the new world added in SE) and enjoying its variety of activities and beautiful scenery by seasons.
    The best reason I prefer SE is the game pack include kotatsu tables and hot pots. In my real life, eating hot pot foods while warming up myself by kotatsu makes me feel like being in paradise.
    Also in the game world, the scene like this makes me feel happy.
    LmepEap.png
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,922 Member
    edited December 2021
    Island Living
    I love both, and for me , there is lots to do in Sulani. I have there few rentals, premades live together in couple residential lots, and rest are community lots. Restaurant, spa (with pool/gym combo), nightclub what serves as bar too, retail lot what sells fruits, veggies and fish. So I use it as vacation destination.

ETA: And that shipwrecked big lot is a park with lost of activities from different packs.
    There is no restaurant in Island Living and very few lots where you could place one.

None of the worlds have a restaurant. And Sulani has plenty of lots, just bulldoze one premade lot.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Island Living
    Hi! I see these packs being compared to each other, heck even some people saying "oh snowy escape is just IL but with snow" and I'd like to know which pack you prefer! I personally had much more fun with Snowy Escape, I got used to Japanese media, I enjoy skiing/snowboarding in first person view and also the climbing excursion and even the skill! Moreover, I use the world frequently as well as the soundtrack being pristine.

I was super hyped for Snowy Escape when it first came out.

However after a few months I barely use anything from it. None of Sims go skiing and I’m visiting the rental lots on Henford on Bagley more. I think it’s just a sink I always pick from the pack, very little else.

Looking at trailers for Island Living I think the world is more to my liking and could see me using more of the build stuff. When there’s another sale I’m getting it, I won’t live there as I’ve heard the gameplay is rather sparse but as a tropical holiday world absolutely! 😎

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I like both expansions, but there's more to do in Mt Komorebi than in Sulani. That and maybe it's because I'm more familiar with Japanese culture than Pacific Islander culture, but the culture in Sulani feels more... touristy than the culture in Mt. Komorebi.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Island Living
    One of the things that brought Island Living alive for me was the mod that notifies you of the festivals. There are a lot of island activities going on, but for some reason the devs neglected to supply a means to tell you about them.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I find festivals boring though, just like in real life. I would have preferred water sports and water crafts like in TS3.

If Snowy Escape didn’t have snow sports, especially skiing, I would rate it much lower as well.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Snowy Escape
    Snowy Escape has more activities and things for sims to do together. Do I prefer cold weather to hot weather? Absolutely not, but I’m comparing the gameplay.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I'd go with Snowy Escape not even a question Island Living really adds nothing especially if you play in one of the older worlds such a poorly done expansion.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"