Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Water heaters

I believe water heaters can be a good addition for the game.
  • Two heaters: a drum one and a box shaped one. Each will have the same upgrades but will works differently. Drum one will consume less energy and the box shaped one will consume more. Also, new clutter items like gas/propane tanks and heater vent.
  • Gameplay can involve plumbing items use, for example if a Sim flush the toilet while another one is taking a shower will trigger a new animation with the Sim in the shower being burned by a very hot water.
  • The need to have a water heater to have hot water as well. Not to bring more realism to the game but to add a new gameplay item like the laundry ones. Of course, this gameplay can be deactivated in the options menu.
  • Positive and negative moodlets if the temperature of the heater is not regulated. If Sims needs o wants a very hot shower, they can control the water temperature.
  • New item in bills. Separated from energy as "water heating". Hot water will be more expensive.
  • Eco Lifestyle compatibility: drum electric heater will consume less energy if solar panes are placed in the lot and the box shaped propane/gas heater will increase the industrial footprint.

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    Hot water is appreciated while the winter in the cold regions.
    If it's broken or turned off, the sims will dislike to take a cold shower.

The water heater could control the temperature of sink, shower, bath, hot tub.
    Onsen and hot spring will be excluded because it's natural hot water.
    Swimming pools probably use another system to keep warm the water.

heat-p10.png
  • Options
    Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    I think that would be awesome as a kit, similar to bust the dust! Especially if it automatically didn't apply those settings (like the cold showers) if a water heater was not present on the lot. Either that or a toggle, for sure, since if you're like me, not every save you want every single feature haha

I think that's a great idea. It would add a lot, in my opinion, just like vacuuming did. It's small, but it's great!
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I would be happy to even just get a decorative hot water tank and furnace for building utility rooms.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    If they add water heaters I think it would be nice if sims acknowledged the hot or cold water. I want them go brrrr! if they shower with cold water, especially during cold months, or maybe cool off during summer with cold water and warm up during winter with hot baths or showers.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    I want this, plus furnaces (electric or gas), old school oil tanks for houses, baseboard heaters, forced air vents. It's doesn't need to be functional, I just want it all as decor. And heat pumps! I like this wall mounted a/c that came with Strangerville, and I expected heating/cooling infrastructure with Eco Living and was surprised it wasn't there.
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited December 2021
    Functional items:

Electric water heater

Termo_electrico_Idrogas_de_80_litros_de_capacidad.jpg

Gas powered water heater

Hd4043facc9d641faacd056ad779ad0d9h.jpg

Basement water heater

shutterstock_1211727466-2.jpg

Decorative items (add-ons via Delivery Express for BG):

Propane/Gas tank

20lbs-tank_600x_crop_center.jpg?v=1613429375

Fuse box

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F37%2F2020%2F10%2F26%2Fmedium-size-service-panel-572b78e2.jpg

Water meter

202007071050341994a0a2dba745e9ab625376f4b317d7.jpg

Gas meter

Gas_meter.JPG

Moodles description should be:
    • Angry: from receiving a hot stream during shower/bath
    • Tense: from having a shower/bath with an irregular temperature
    • Uncorfontable: from being interrupted during a shower/bath
    • Embarrassed: from flush the toilet while another Sim is taking a shower/bath
    • Embarassed: from using a sink while another Sim is taking a shower/bath
    • Fine: from having a shower/bathwith the perfect temperature
    • Fine: from having a cool shower/bath
    • Dazzled: from having a very hot shower/bath
    • Inspired: from using solar panels with the water heater
    • Bad: from increasing the footprint with a gas water heater
    • Inspired: from changing a gas powered heater from an electric one
    • Focused: from upgrading the water heater
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    There is a fuse box in City Living! Though I can never find it in debug mode
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    There is a fuse box in City Living! Though I can never find it in debug mode

Yes, but maybe an some industrial one like Ravasheen can work like a charm:

w-920h-690-3160467.jpg