Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much longer can you tolerate Sims 4's lifespan?

Comments

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Moving forward for what ? Waiting for The Sims 6 or 7 ?

I still enjoy to play to The Sims 2, 3 and 4 in 2021.

Unfortunately, that's will only work for as long as EA is willing to allow you to play the older games. Unless you have physical discs that still work and a computer that's offline and can run those games, you may not have a choice as to what you're able to play in the future.

The gaming industry as a whole has taken a really dark turn.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,023 Member
    I'm fine playing the Sims 4 for quite a few more years - End of 2025 to 2026 (4-5 years)
    Seems as if we're going to have to 'tolerate' it for a while longer. 😊

• Options
    berkleyrawberkleyraw Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm fine playing the Sims 4 for quite a few more years - End of 2025 to 2026 (4-5 years)
    I find it funny that people want TS5 considering the facts that Sims 4 feels so empty and shallow. Yeah, I bought it recently but honestly Sims 4 cannot compete with the Love for TS2 about so many details regarding animations, diverse gameplay and lore. Cannot compete with the amount of opportunities of Sims 3 to make it yours. I think I would only buy TS5 if I would see improvements from previous titles considered in TS5. If not? Why should I buy it? To me a game needs to evolve but Sims 4 feels like a huge step back except for CAS and Build/Buy features.

If TS5 would provide
    - Create Worlds Tool like in TS2
    - Provide Content as in TS3 with at least open neighborhoods
    - Offer Color Wheel for Build/Buy and CAS
    - Make sure to offer complete sets for build and buy assets
    - Add Lore and worthwile Gameplay as in previous titles (add new ones of course)
    - Does not forget to add basic social interactions especially regarding romance (walking hand in hand, dancing togther, sitting next to each other while stargazing, embracing each other while watching TV together etc.)
    - Make sure that basegame is not lacking many such basic gameplay options
    - Check out what's trending currently regarding (hairstyles, clothes, furniture etc.)
    - Providing equal amount of CAS assets for all genders and ages (here I don't mind if it's later themed and pack related)
    - Add to basegame (Nails, Bodyhair, Eyelashes, heterochromia, good and equal amount of modern hairstyles for all ages and genders)
    - all the extra features whe have in TS4 (regarding gender-switch, pronouns etc, make sure clothes fit both frames)
    - Implement TS4 CAS and Build/Buy features (expand to features we still or never had, like round walls, seemless windows, elevator, spiral stairs etc.)
    - offer more oportunities for custom designs

In an ideal world that would be a Sims Title I would buy instantly. I would be even willing to pay a bit more for it. But I don't believe The Sims general will be able to pull it off. That would be the best version to me and then improving from there with adding features we never had or ever seen ever before.

Unless we will have some competitors facing Goliath - nothing will change until then. That's why I'm not eager because I'm highly questioning what would Sims 5 do better and would it be worth it?
  • Options
    deavvedeavve Posts: 20 Member
    I can wait several years before the release of the Sims 5 - End of 2024 (3 years)
    I can wait, I'm still playing ts3 lol
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,737 Member
    I hope Sims 5 comes out the earliest it realistically can - Fall 2023 (2 years)

Not what I wanted to hear.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,027 Member

*snaps the twitter message*

Heh, "tolerating" pretty well :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,446 Member
    Does anyone feel differently given the current direction of the Sims / My Wedding Stories release fiasco?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    darkovikadarkovika Posts: 17 Member
    I'm typically a REALLY optimistic person- like violently, maybe even annoyingly so- but I honestly don't see the Sims 5 being a huge upgrade on the Sims 4. The state of the Sims 4 is almost a continuation of the state of the Sims 3, with packs released before they were ready and bugs that just... never got solved. With how the Sims 4 released oh so many years ago, I either foresee myself not buying the Sims 5 at all, or waiting a LONG time before getting it. At the very least, I want some official werewolves in this game before EA decides to ditch it and stop producing content for it. I know there's a mod, but having some official werewolves would just be so... so nice. Until then, you'd better believe I'm going to get the mod lol

u1j8r43m22dd.png
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I am not interested in Sims 5 at all at this point. If the buggy wedding pack is an indication of the future of the franchise, why would I be? And the truth is, there are many things I enjoy about Sims 4. It's fun and I have it modded to suit me. I don't want to start over with a new game.

If Sims 5 does come out soon, I will take a lot of convincing. I played Sims 2 for years, and never bought Sims 3. I didn't switch over to Sims 4 until after toddlers were added.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Still waiting for Werewolves and Other Occult Sims to be added into Sims 4, the Occult Simmer community already considers the Sims 4 to be a massive disappointment, Moving on now would completely cement the Sims 4 as the worst Sims game in our eyes, if Sims 5 has any hope of being a great game it would need to prioritize Supernatural Packs.
  • Options
    simMirsimMir Posts: 10 New Member
    I am not going to play Sims 5 the first years it will be out as it will be lacking the same things as 4 and 3 did; namely the interesting content.I have zero interest in playing play tester for a base game. Meanwhile, I have two working Sims games full of content I like.

I can wait.

/also agreeing with the "tolerate" being a very judgy word to use in a title for a poll; it's a game we all play by choice
  • Options
    I loved playing the base games of Sims 2 and Sims 3. I hated the Sims 4 base game, and I never played the Sims 1 base game, only Mega Deluxe.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Last time I checked, playing the Sims 4 game is a choice, something we each have control over... Not an enforced thing one must "tolerate" due to a lack of any other options.

There is quite literally is a lack of life simulation game substitutes for the Sims 4 that is not abandonware.
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I want to play the Sims 4 for much longer - End of 2027+ (6+ years)
    I personally hope they keep adding more to the game, especially in terms of interactions. I want there to be more romance interactions specifically, and for some things to be changed to base game. I think The Sims 4 can last a lot longer as long as they fix the bugs and add more fun content. I also would not be able to afford another Sims game right now, so I really don't want The Sims 5 to come out. At least not yet.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I want it to last a couple more years, it does not feel like it is ready to end right now, not with all these loose ends. However, them saying it would last for many more years is not something i was excited for either, because that is too many years spent on this iteration instead of a better one. But hey, maybe if they draaaag it long enough until new tech comes along they can finally improve and implement the things they cannot/have difficulty adding now to this engine.
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Fix all bugs and kill it already 😅
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited March 2022
    The things that I would like to see in the Sims would require an engine overhaul. That's not going to happen with the Sims 4, so I'm keen to see the Sims 5 sooner rather than later.
    There's still tons of stuff to keep me amused with the current iteration of the Sims, so I'm not in a tearing hurry though. Better for EA to take their time and do it right rather than rush it and sacrifice a whole buch of life stages stuff.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,869 Member
    I can wait several years before the release of the Sims 5 - End of 2024 (3 years)
    I'm actually other. I have no intention of buying Sims 5, but at the same time I just can't see Sims 4 going past 2023. There's only 3 things I REALLY want (Body Hair, Werewolves, Hotels) and only a few things I would buy if offered but am not going to be sad if we don't get. I think after 20+ years of playing the series, this will be my last iteration.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Fix all bugs and kill it already 😅

Ok, but yes. I really want to dive into modding the game and shape it into something I actually enjoy playing. But, I refuse to start doing that till the game is over and done with. I don't want to have to deal with broken mods and additional bugs from a patch.
  • Options
    deustrekdeustrek Posts: 6 New Member
    Well, before release of My Buggy Stories I was really holding out for the possibility of future content which specifically interested me and was happy to continue along with TS4 indefinitely. Now having seen a spotlight on the limitations of the current engine I'm not as sure. Still I REALLY am NOT looking forward to the idea of spending even more time and money on yet another entirely new game that also has minimal, bare-bones base launch content like we did with this game. EA are geniuses, they and we know that it is a business model that has worked well for them, they will repeat this model as they have in the past. I was once upon a time very happy with TS3. Now ~10 years and +/- $1000 later spent on TS4, I think I am still happier with TS3... not excited about a another do-over with this black box that could be TS5. I'll probably be rebooting TS3 and surfing for mods instead me thinks
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    deustrek wrote: »
    Well, before release of My Buggy Stories I was really holding out for the possibility of future content which specifically interested me and was happy to continue along with TS4 indefinitely. Now having seen a spotlight on the limitations of the current engine I'm not as sure. Still I REALLY am NOT looking forward to the idea of spending even more time and money on yet another entirely new game that also has minimal, bare-bones base launch content like we did with this game. EA are geniuses, they and we know that it is a business model that has worked well for them, they will repeat this model as they have in the past. I was once upon a time very happy with TS3. Now ~10 years and +/- $1000 later spent on TS4, I think I am still happier with TS3... not excited about a another do-over with this black box that could be TS5. I'll probably be rebooting TS3 and surfing for mods instead me thinks

Sims 4 mostly released content that didn't remotely interest me like Farming or Knitting, while releasing the very few that did, I hope Sims 5 doesn't repeat 4's mistakes, If I could go back to 3 and play Supernatural, I would, but unfortunately I can't re-enter same code.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I can wait, but after the wedding disaster stories, I feel ready to move on to Sims 5 (if Sims 5 gets quality control, that is).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    But hey, maybe if they draaaag it long enough until new tech comes along they can finally improve and implement the things they cannot/have difficulty adding now to this engine.

This is what I expected from TS4. Four years is a long time in the world of technology. I had hoped that TS4 would be a great technical improvement over the last game. Only, it isn't. It's gone backward in nearly every metric that isn't related to the art department. After nearly eight years, I fail to see what was the overall benefit of the sacrifices that were made. The simulation is demonstrably inferior, the worlds aren't better, there are fewer options, less customization, there are still bugs and crashes that go untended. What was it all for?

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,650 Member
    I haven't played 4 in over 2 years. 3 spoiled me and 4 has been a huge disappointment for me in that packs were severely lacking in quality and content imo. So the sooner 5 comes out, the sooner I MAY be tempted to stray from playing 3. To be honest though, I'm really not optimistic that 5 will resurrect my faith in the franchise. That's okay though as I've found plenty of other things that I enjoy to do with my time.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,996 Member
    I've been playing Sims 4 since 2015. I never played the previous ones, and never will. And i am not starting over on any other game, ever. Any, ever ! Sims 4 and nothing else for me lol ty
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker