Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Discussion

Comments

• Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    edited November 2021
    @kaiwrysims

I think these are all of the missing skills from Likes and Dislikes:

Archaeology
    Charisma
    Fabrication
    Flower Arranging
    Herbalism
    Juice Fizzing
    Logic
    Medium
    Parenting
    Pet Training
    Selvadoradian Culture
    Vampire Lore
    Veterinarian
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I've been playing on a brand new, vanilla save--haven't even messed with the townies or the lots--to do the "perfectly well rounded" challenge. My challenge sim started dating Summer, and so far she's the only one that's called asking for advice. She asked if she should push for a promotion. I think this is appropriate--a girlfriend would ask for advice about that--and so far none of his other friends have asked about anything. It then informed me that she'd been promoted.

It's perfectly okay, even touching, for an unplayed sim to check back with her played sim significant other. But in the past the game has failed to honor the boundaries and also chosen played sims for Should we have a baby and Visit mom - phone calls, and that has me worried. All I ask for is a checkbox "Neighborhood stories - unplayed sims only".
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    @kaiwrysims

Archaeology
    Charisma
    Fabrication
    Flower Arranging
    Herbalism
    Juice Fizzing
    Logic
    Medium
    Parenting
    Pet Training
    Selvadoradian Culture
    Vampire Lore
    Veterinarian

Ok thank you 😊
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
    edited November 2021
    Bust the Dust
    Those adorable - but filthy - Dust Bunnies were at it again! Maids didn’t have the heart to bust the dust completely. We told them it was ok to do so as no real bunnies are being harmed - just dust ones - and now they should be busting the dust entirely.

...Maids bust the dust at all? Since when? I've never had a single maid vacuum in any save yet.

Or is this wording saying that now they will do so?
  • Options
    thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    I've been playing on a brand new, vanilla save--haven't even messed with the townies or the lots--to do the "perfectly well rounded" challenge. My challenge sim started dating Summer, and so far she's the only one that's called asking for advice. She asked if she should push for a promotion. I think this is appropriate--a girlfriend would ask for advice about that--and so far none of his other friends have asked about anything. It then informed me that she'd been promoted.

It's perfectly okay, even touching, for an unplayed sim to check back with her played sim significant other. But in the past the game has failed to honor the boundaries and also chosen played sims for Should we have a baby and Visit mom - phone calls, and that has me worried. All I ask for is a checkbox "Neighborhood stories - unplayed sims only".

I don’t see any options in settings to enable or disable the neighborhood stories.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    does it happen auto i not get any phone calls for the new stuff
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Bust the Dust
    Those adorable - but filthy - Dust Bunnies were at it again! Maids didn’t have the heart to bust the dust completely. We told them it was ok to do so as no real bunnies are being harmed - just dust ones - and now they should be busting the dust entirely.

...Maids bust the dust at all? Since when? I've never had a single maid vacuum in any save yet.

Or is this wording saying that now they will do so?

Because it broke shortly after the pack released. This patch supposedly fixes it so it will work again.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Has anyone said how the Neighborhood Stories are working? I can't find anyone who has said if there is a way to turn it off entirely, or how it works. Is it just phone calls and pop ups? Or do you have to have conversations with other sims. There are very few broken mods listed. Is it just that no one is updating?
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Because it broke shortly after the pack released. This patch supposedly fixes it so it will work again.
    All the problems that I have read about and seen on youtube with this kit, is why I have never bought it, and likely won't.

So, I thought in the last patch they fixed the lag, but I still get it when I jump into build mode and come back out.

• Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    There is no way to disable neighborhood stories right now. They said it will come in a later update.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Has anyone said how the Neighborhood Stories are working? I can't find anyone who has said if there is a way to turn it off entirely, or how it works. Is it just phone calls and pop ups? Or do you have to have conversations with other sims. There are very few broken mods listed. Is it just that no one is updating?

I've seen ppl say that they only had one pop up and they mostly initiated certain situations. I don't think there is a toggle yet since it's just pop ups in the first phase. And I think autonomy comes in the next phase. But I'm not sure because I think they said some things will be autonomous for this phase but only for sims your current household knows.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Stayc615Stayc615 Posts: 37 Member
    edited December 2021
    After rereading the description of Neighborhood Stories, I'll be playing offline for now thank you. I already have philandering husbands destroying their marriage. But my question is when are they going to fix gardening?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Stayc615 wrote: »
    After rereading the description of Neighborhood Stories, I'll be playing offline for now thank you. I already have philandering husbands destroying their marriage. But my question is when are they going to fix gardening?

Yes, i want to see gardening fixed too, I’m wondering if they ever will.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    There is no way to disable neighborhood stories right now. They said it will come in a later update.

This. Also how I understood it (I might be wrong) the toggle options will be for the bigger scale updates that come later on. The ones in this patch were mainly EP features that were patched to the base game, so I'm not sure if there will be a separate toggle for the options for them at all because they were originally shipped without a toggle.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Perfectionists Sims will now save their paintings in their Inventory instead of starting over even after completing a perfect painting. Maybe they were striving to perfection… too hard.

So perfectionists save all their paintings now? :( I liked it when they destroyed them... it gave them personality. I think the best would have been if they just saved the perfect ones, but destroyed some that are lower quality.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited December 2021
    Sooo what is the verdict guys?
    did it mess up your households or am I safe to update

edit: okay welp I'll update and cry later if its a mess
    too curious for my own good
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Hereee we areeee… born to be Sims! They are the royalty of the Unnnniverrrseee. They are immortal, your Sims have inside the Immortality Potion. They have no rival, no other Sim can be their equal… now that the potion works!
    They fixed the immortality potion?! :open_mouth::love:

Okay, I'll update my game now and see what happens!
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    @kaiwrysims

Archaeology
    Charisma
    Fabrication
    Flower Arranging
    Herbalism
    Juice Fizzing
    Logic
    Medium
    Parenting
    Pet Training
    Selvadoradian Culture
    Vampire Lore
    Veterinarian

Well I have a few Sims that should decide they dislike "LOGIC" since they are so more suited for stupidity!
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    haisin wrote: »
    Perfectionists Sims will now save their paintings in their Inventory instead of starting over even after completing a perfect painting. Maybe they were striving to perfection… too hard.

So perfectionists save all their paintings now? :( I liked it when they destroyed them... it gave them personality. I think the best would have been if they just saved the perfect ones, but destroyed some that are lower quality.

I don't recall ever having a perfectionist painter. Better jump into my game to check it out (haven't updated yet). It"s a bummer they changed it. Traits barely have distinguishable behavioral quirks among them.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Cool, didn't know neighborhood stories were coming. ONE DAY I will have time to play and enjoy all the new things they have been adding. Spa day update, bit of story progression, even cottage living I have barely been able to explore. So when I do I'll def. be busy :)
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    haisin wrote: »

Oh so THAT's why! Yes my newest painter does have the perfectionist trait and I have to watch that Sim like a hawk because she is ALWAYS deleting her paintings and starting on another one! It is the only painter I am playing with at the moment but I thought it was a bug. Good to know this was fixed :smiley: Never really had a painter with the perfectionist trait before but I just didn't connect the dots between the trait and her destructiveness of her own creation.

But as regarding the new patch I am going to wait until the ability to turn them off or just able to adjust the neighbourhood stories becomes available. I guess it's offline mode for me in the forseeable future :smirk: I really don't want to see my rotation play tampered with if I can't get some control.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I just want to know if the patch fixed sims looking in awkward directions when interacting with objects.

Well, since not too many mods seem to be broken I will probably update later today.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Just finished updating, will hopefully have time to jump in later and see what's new. :)
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Hi @Simmingal and whoever is curious, I posted an overview of my experience so far, here
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18016872/#Comment_18016872

In a nutshell
    If you're worried about your households being messed up, don't be. You always have the option to say No to a potential change.
    If you're worried about getting a lot of phone calls, yes, you will get a lot of phone calls.
    If you want a toggle to turn the whole thing off, I haven't found one yet, and have heard that a toggle is coming in a later update.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    So far, I've gotten a few phone calls but nothing apocalyptic. I'm going to play a bit more today with other households to see what happens. But so far, so good!
    #Team Occult