Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible that they bring TS4 online?

I've heard rumours that TS4 will go on for another 5 years, which would mean that TS5 won't release until 2026. Which got me thinking-the game engine is really starting to struggle. Is it possible that TS4 will be transferred in some way to an online game that's run more efficiently, like WoW?

I'm not a developer so I don't even know if it's possible, but it would make sense-a subscription service could lure in new players while current players could use their existing packs with smoother gameplay. For the "later" Sims projects they could just expand the core gameplay-updating character creators, expansions, etc. The game could exist indefinitely vs. having to build from the bottom up every 5 years.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited November 2021
    Well, If you mean TS4 turning into a co-op or multiplayer game. I'd say NO. The only online connection I need is the gallery and to get updates for new content which already exist. I would think people switching up lots and using CC would make it difficult to have a proper co-op Sims game, unless the world was unchangeable. If it did happen, I think it would be like Fornite where you can play 1 sim in a fictional create-a-world and invite other player's.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    God, I hope not.
  • Options
    CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    Well, If you mean TS4 turning into a co-op or multiplayer game. I'd say NO. The only online connection I need is the gallery and to get updates for new content which already exist. I would think people switching up lots and using CC would make it difficult to have a proper co-op Sims game, unless the world was unchangeable. If it did happen, I think it would be like Fornite where you can play 1 sim in a fictional create-a-world and invite other player's.

Not co-op, just online.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    CopperBolt wrote: »
    SnaveXs wrote: »

Not co-op, just online.

What do you mean by 'just online'? Do you mean a server world to visit? Sure, I bet they do. If you mean online all the time, no. Being able to play offline is why so many play it. They may go on the gallery but then they disconnect and don't allow Origin to be active while they play, either. But if you meant will there be some type of multiplayer feature in TS4, I'm betting yes. Wait and see.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    No way🙈
    I don’t want others to know how do I “play” with my Sims…
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    The most "on line" I'd want for TS4, TS5 or any future Sims game I may purchase is the possibility of the game basically auto-downloading households made by designated mutual friends in the Gallery to use as NPC's in my game. With me saying I'm okay with it, so that people who don't want that don't have to have it.

Similar to the way some Wii games would use the Mii's of your friends to fill out the npc's needed.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Honestly it feels like theyre prepping that for us with Ts4 or TS5. The gallery, sims sparked, sim sessions, scenarios, limited time/trail experiences of dlc,...lots of online interaction encouraged
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    That's not surprising since the change of their management in May 2021. Cathrina Lavers was executive producer on The Sims Social. It's her quote from her first interview regarding making game last for 10+ years. And that's obviously the way she's intending to do so. Also I can't help but speculate that after her hiring general flow of things changed - leftovers were released and now we have only kits & online pushes. Overall it makes me really worried about the future of franchise.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    That's not surprising since the change of their management in May 2021. Cathrina Lavers was executive producer on The Sims Social. It's her quote from her first interview regarding making game last for 10+ years. And that's obviously the way she's intending to do so. Also I can't help but speculate that after her hiring general flow of things changed - leftovers were released and now we have only kits & online pushes. Overall it makes me really worried about the future of franchise.

We know there's at least one Expansion pack for Sims 4 in production right now. We are not doomed to Kits until TS5 comes out.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »

Yeah I am worried too, there have been some changes recently that makes the sims4 feel more like a mobile game. I'm hoping that the reason why we have seen a large amount of kits and reduced number of packs is because they are still working from home. We have seen some pretty good base game updates though.

We know that there is an Expansion Pack in the works, but for all that we know they could be planning to release that in summer 2022.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I really hope that they don't try to make TS4 or even TS5 more like a mobile game. Currently there's a savethesimsmobile hashtag going on Twitter somewhere as that game appears to be struggling. So, I really hope they don't try to copy that.