Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer dressing your sim in pack related clothes or custom content?

Comments

• Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    I see people pointing out that they have an abundance of choice with all the DLC, but unfortunately if much of that content doesn't appeal to you, you're out of luck.

I just want cute tee shirts and blouses and good fitting jeans and nice sneakers, simple modest dresses and classy high heels. The game provided choices, there are too many skin tight jeans and WAY too many crop tops. Plus, a lot of the Maxis clothes are just ... weird. But I might prefer my sims more realistic than other people. I also use body hair for males, eyelashes, CC hair and skin overlays as well. I don't care for the cartoony look much.

I will concede that the clothes have been getting better as the game has gone on. I mix my CC with Maxis pieces and almost all of them come from packs released in the last couple of years.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I don't use CC or mods (beyond bug-fixing mods) in my game. I don't want to be bothered with trying to keep up with all the updating and the non-EA-supported bugs that can crop up (and destroy savegames, as I've seen plenty of times on the forum) and everything else. For the ungodly amount of money I've spent on this game I've got more than enough content for everyone in my simworld.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    I see people pointing out that they have an abundance of choice with all the DLC, but unfortunately if much of that content doesn't appeal to you, you're out of luck.

I just want cute tee shirts and blouses and good fitting jeans and nice sneakers, simple modest dresses and classy high heels. The game provided choices, there are too many skin tight jeans and WAY too many crop tops. Plus, a lot of the Maxis clothes are just ... weird. But I might prefer my sims more realistic than other people. I also use body hair for males, eyelashes, CC hair and skin overlays as well. I don't care for the cartoony look much.

I will concede that the clothes have been getting better as the game has gone on. I mix my CC with Maxis pieces and almost all of them come from packs released in the last couple of years.

The Maxis cc is starting to rival the downloadable cc. If not for the shoes, I might not use cc at all.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I don't use any mods or cc so obviously all my sims dress in clothes that are in game itself
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    VentisquearVentisquear Posts: 11 New Member
    I use almost exclusively CC, mostly alpha, but also MM if it has nice textures. I only started playing Sims 4 last year and I only have Get Together, City Living, Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat which I bought for 'storytelling'. Clothes there aren't that great. And I don't intend to pay 800 euro to give my Sims a few more clothes and hair options... but also, when I checked what's in each pack, I didn't feel any motivation to buy them. Not once I had the 'WOW that's brilliant, I MUST buy this pack!!!' I do intend to buy two more packs eventually, also for storytelling purposes. But clothes, nah.
    I use Sims4Studio to merge CC packs and remove CC I don't want anymore, so no issues there. Also, in that one year I haven't seen a single case when CC clothes or hair stopped working after a patch. Mods, sure, but not clothes.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Much of the base game/DLC clothing is fine for what it's meant to be, but much of it is also limited in how it can be effectively used. Styles that fall under the masculine tag are the most lacking in all ways. I use a mixture of Maxis clothing/accessories, Maxis-match CC, and "alpha" CC to achieve the looks I want. Some CC (of any flavor) isn't necessarily better than what's in the game, but it's almost always far more varied and easier to find whatever-wear that's appropriate to my particular tastes and needs.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited November 2021
    A the moment, I use CC along with CAS items, but only maxis match. I find the realistic looking stuff just looks too different.

Having said that. I have played in the past where I have used non maxis match because of that very reason, but only on selected sims and with a view to make them stand out among the rest of the sims population.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    I use almost exclusively CC, mostly alpha, but also MM if it has nice textures. I only started playing Sims 4 last year and I only have Get Together, City Living, Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat which I bought for 'storytelling'. Clothes there aren't that great. And I don't intend to pay 800 euro to give my Sims a few more clothes and hair options... but also, when I checked what's in each pack, I didn't feel any motivation to buy them. Not once I had the 'WOW that's brilliant, I MUST buy this pack!!!' I do intend to buy two more packs eventually, also for storytelling purposes. But clothes, nah.
    I use Sims4Studio to merge CC packs and remove CC I don't want anymore, so no issues there. Also, in that one year I haven't seen a single case when CC clothes or hair stopped working after a patch. Mods, sure, but not clothes.

I've had cc and mods stop working after a update before and I've been playing this game since 2017.
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    For my played sims, I prefer using CC. It gives me more options and access to styles we don't have much of. I personally think many of the Maxis clothes look outdated (style and texture-wise), and I'm just not a fan of clothes from older packs and base game. The newer clothes they have been making are really good quality, so I will often mix and match with CC.

For townies, I only dress them in Maxis clothing. I like to clean out my CC folder often, so I don't want to worry about redressing my NPCs if I delete something they were wearing.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I stopped using CAS-CC several years ago. In the beginning, there hardly were any decent options without CC, but there have been so many packs by now that I don't need any CAS (or object) CC. I think I might have stopped using CAS CC 5 years ago. The last files that had to go where some hairstyles.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I very seldom play with the sims, honestly it's mostly just a building game for me. When I do play them, I don't really care. I usually just randomize from the gallery til I find one I like. If I do change their clothes, I go for the stylized looks. I do wish we could have wardrobes in the gallery. Then I could just download them and have someone else who likes to do that make cool ones for me.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I use maxis clothing and maxis match clothing for my sims. I like a lot of the clothes that comes with packs so I don't download a lot of cc clothes.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I use everything available to me, whether it's Maxis or my great cc, it all depends on how it looks on my sim. I cannot play vanilla, I have tried but the Maxis hair is mostly truly ugly to me. I think the release of Island Living showed some nice hair I will use still, but for the most part, I'm totally alpha on hair. There's too many game hairstyles that are just hideous.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I have some clothing CC but I rarely ever use it - it's never my go to when I'm dressing my sims. The only thing I use all the time are some male jeans CC and I have some wedding dresses - really don't like EA's choices when it comes to wedding dresses.
  • Options
    SimsSlaySimsSlay Posts: 57 Member
    CC clothes and hair
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Maxis content over CC. I own all the packs so there's plenty of clothing options. I'm very picky about what CC I put into my game anyway so I don't have very much CAS CC... only what I feel the game lacks. Even then I don't end up using it because eventually, I'll delete it. I used to use CC lashes on every sim but recently pulled that from my mods folder because it's a hassle and actually doesn't look maxis match enough for me.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I have never used CC clothing in my games. I find it too confusing and I wouldn't know what to do if a problem happened because of it. I use what the packs give me.
  • Options
    LimpNoodleLimbsLimpNoodleLimbs Posts: 15 New Member
    I'm a little intimidated by custom content. So I stick to what the sims put out. It's not too difficult until you have a pregnant or plus sized character then NOTHING looks good.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I use both, especially cc hair, but I prefer Maxis created clothing. I don't have a lot of patience to go online and download cc from cc creators. I often feel that a lot of them are using sites that are difficult to navigate.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I put them mostly in EA maxis clothing but I give my Sims mostly CC hair.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I only play vanilla, so my sims wears what I have in my packs/kits.
  • Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have run into too many issues with CC to trust it.

On the other hand, it would be nice if male sims had some variety of options among Maxis DLC. Tired of getting short-changed.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Much of the base game/DLC clothing is fine for what it's meant to be, but much of it is also limited in how it can be effectively used. Styles that fall under the masculine tag are the most lacking in all ways. I use a mixture of Maxis clothing/accessories, Maxis-match CC, and "alpha" CC to achieve the looks I want. Some CC (of any flavor) isn't necessarily better than what's in the game, but it's almost always far more varied and easier to find whatever-wear that's appropriate to my particular tastes and needs.

Just a quick addendum to say that my previous post was about clothing and accessories only. As far as hair goes, I generally loathe the clay look of most game/DLC hairstyles, so for hair my go-to is almost always alpha CC, but some Maxis-match styles fit within my preferred aesthetic as well.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited November 2021
    Both, though I do gravitate more towards MM clothing. I go cc shopping every now and then and I have quite a wardrobe for my sims. The stuff in packs is nice, but I look for particular styles and looks alot that just arent in the game or arent quite what Im looking for. I do incorporate in-game clothing alot though since there's cute stuff there. But I need more. xD