Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too Many Toddlers Scenario Starts Nov 3

Comments

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited November 2021
    Here's my family that I created for the "too many toddlers" challenge.
    jYzioVI.png
    The mom is called Mandy Barnes and she's kleptomaniac, lazy and romantic.
    The daughter on the left is called Ellie and she's a charmer.
    The boy that the mom is holding is called Joe and he's wild.
    The boy on the right is called Todd and he's inquisitive.

They live in an apartment in Evergreen Harbor. Mandy is going to make money mostly by stealing and collecting things and selling them. Maybe she'll do something else too, but she won't be working or painting or gardening (too easy).
    She also won't discipline her children much, they can pretty much do whatever they want. She's going to be a "fun mom", which means there will be chaos... :D
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    The one thing that annoys me about this scenario is that I haven't figured out how to add the fathers to the children into the game. I created the family of mom, three guys and three toddlers. I wasn't able to exit the CAS because apparently there can only be one young adult and three toddlers.
    I had to save the whole household to the library and then delete the fathers until I could start the game. Now I have no idea how to add the guys into the game and have their family relationships right. I know there has to be a cheat to do this, but I don't normally use cheats, so I don't know what to do. I don't even know if it's possible in scenarios. It seems that I can't add anyone else into the family just so I could cheat the relationships and I don't know how to do it without adding the guys into the family.
    It seems that "too many toddlers" scenario doesn't allow the toddlers have fathers. :/

@Kimmer,
    After I had created the toddlers using the my 2 sims that I already in my library, I went and removed the father while in CAS and then hit the okay button so that I can place them in Willow Creek and then added the father afterwards.

Hope this helps... :)
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    The one thing that annoys me about this scenario is that I haven't figured out how to add the fathers to the children into the game. I created the family of mom, three guys and three toddlers. I wasn't able to exit the CAS because apparently there can only be one young adult and three toddlers.
    I had to save the whole household to the library and then delete the fathers until I could start the game. Now I have no idea how to add the guys into the game and have their family relationships right. I know there has to be a cheat to do this, but I don't normally use cheats, so I don't know what to do. I don't even know if it's possible in scenarios. It seems that I can't add anyone else into the family just so I could cheat the relationships and I don't know how to do it without adding the guys into the family.
    It seems that "too many toddlers" scenario doesn't allow the toddlers have fathers. :/

@Kimmer,
    After I had created the toddlers using the my 2 sims that I already in my library, I went and removed the father while in CAS and then hit the okay button so that I can place them in Willow Creek and then added the father afterwards.

I did remove the fathers, the game didn't allow me to start the game before I did it. The game just doesn't recognize the family relationships anymore when I add them back after I removed them from the household and I can't even use cheats. I added the guys into the world from my library from where I had them saved and now they're just strangers to the mother and toddlers.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »

@Kimmer,

I did remove the fathers, the game didn't allow me to start the game before I did it. The game just doesn't recognize the family relationships anymore when I add them back after I removed them from the household and I can't even use cheats. I added the guys into the world from my library from where I had them saved and now they're just strangers to the mother and toddlers.

Well that's nuts... :( Oh well, I just have my 2 sims flirt with each other to get their romantic interest up as the guy living with my simself and 3 toddlers as I had used him to help create the toddlers in CAS using the play with genetics button. I had him get a job while my SS is a stay at home mom so that she can take care of the toddlers as well as getting her skills up in the process.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    @kalaksed great info. Thanks for clarifying. 🙂
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Put me in the camp that has no ideal why scenarios are timed. If you don't get special goodies for beating the clock, why bother? What is the point of the time limit? It gains the player nothing. If you are trying to entice people to spend more time playing your game, wouldn't it help to have some kind of reward system in place?

I don't get the whole scenario thing. Don't think it's horrible, but also don't see the purpose. I have never enjoyed the rags to riches challenge even though I have tried it several times. I barely make it through the 2nd day before I am bored, bored, bored. I can't play 1 toddler in a game before becoming bored with it. I think I have aged up every toddler I have ever played because birthdays could not come fast enough.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Well, I’m glad there are no exclusive rewards for these things, and I hope it stays that way. We shouldn’t have to play their way to get something exclusive. If they wanted to give a small Origin or Steam credit to players who finish first or something, I wouldn’t be mad. I still wouldn’t play a scenario.

Honestly, I’ve been so turned off since the last livestream that I haven’t updated or started my game once. Especially after the idea came up that they want to increase player numbers with these time-limited ones. I won’t contribute to any numbers just to express my disinterest.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Tasks

SfYxxUt.png

So it doesn't even show the tasks in game it just says them on the selection page? Yikes that's majorly disappointing.

No the tasks show up ingame. You can hide it though.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    Two Many Toddlers scenario is now available.

SfYxxUt.png

Surviving The Holidays and Perfectly Well Rounded are also available.

Why doesn't Surviving The Holidays and Perfectly Well Rounded show on my game?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2021
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Put me in the camp that has no ideal why scenarios are timed. If you don't get special goodies for beating the clock, why bother? What is the point of the time limit? It gains the player nothing. If you are trying to entice people to spend more time playing your game, wouldn't it help to have some kind of reward system in place?

I don't get the whole scenario thing. Don't think it's horrible, but also don't see the purpose. I have never enjoyed the rags to riches challenge even though I have tried it several times. I barely make it through the 2nd day before I am bored, bored, bored. I can't play 1 toddler in a game before becoming bored with it. I think I have aged up every toddler I have ever played because birthdays could not come fast enough.

I don't think there is any benefit from the player side with a time limit. It's mostly like you said because EA/Maxis want to see player engagement from people playing scenarios, and one way you can get people to do that is having them available for a limited time.

Scenarios doesn't feel like they are something for people that have played the game for a while either because I'm pretty sure that a lot of people have done some of these scenarios already or know how to do them, that's what I did when I played the game a lot back in the day anyway.

I'm sure that long-time players can have fun with them too, but it does feel like they are designed for people that maybe don't play the game a lot. Now they can boot up the game, play a challenge for an hour, and then turn off the game and come back some other day and continue the challenge.

Which is pretty similar to how mobile games are designed.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Why doesn't Surviving The Holidays and Perfectly Well Rounded show on my game?

They are showing (and usable) for those who play offline.

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @Onverser there actually is an ingame way to see the scenaro's tasks, but it's not a checklist since the task is really just one thing

in the upper left of the screen when you have a scenario going, there'll be a tab, closed by default:
    15b1464ebf60879ae41ae0193cfadd4a.png

clicking that opens it:
    6c1e08fdbd0e32d3e79860fba4f2513a.png

Ah, mine mustve just glitched then because this is all it showed

too-many-toddlers-not-enough-tasks.png
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i wonder if that's due to a mod that needs updating... could see one involving adding holiday or event stuff doing that. i know the t.o.o.l. mod kept users from even seeing the scenario tab to select stuff from but twistedmexi was really quick to update that (he usually is)

...i also know sometimes a mod will manage to affect things not even remotely related to it (tool actually being a good example of that, since it's designed to affect build/buy and the neighborhood maps)
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    no mention anywhere on these limited time events. What on earth is EA playing at?
    i'm not interested in this toddler one, but some warning that it was going to happen would have been nice!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member
    edited November 2021
    Hoverael wrote: »
    no mention anywhere on these limited time events. What on earth is EA playing at?
    i'm not interested in this toddler one, but some warning that it was going to happen would have been nice!

But they did, in live stream and recap here in forum.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member

i very rarely follow the forums because no one is interested in anything i have to state. I also never watch those livestreams.
    They have a whole section on TS4's landing page they could use to deliver that across. Users play TS4 to get to that scenario, it should be a no brainer for EA to put the message up through the games landing page, especially for something so time limited.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member
    edited November 2021

i very rarely follow the forums because no one is interested in anything i have to state. I also never watch those livestreams.
    They have a whole section on TS4's landing page they could use to deliver that across. Users play TS4 to get to that scenario, it should be a no brainer for EA to put the message up through the games landing page, especially for something so time limited.

Well.. yes you have a point. True.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Meet my Too Many Toddlers family.

0G3D0bJ.png

Emily Crawford
    Aspiration: Academic
    Traits: Cheerful, Genius, Bookworm

The Richardson triplets
    Sage: Independent
    Violet: Angelic
    Ruby: Wild

Emily Crawford had her life all planned. Or at least the next few years. She was just finishing up her last year at community college and was planning on attending University in the fall.

Emily's parents had died when she was a child and she'd been raised by her grandmother. Sadly her grandmother had passed away soon after Emily graduated high school. There wasn't much money so after high school Emily had to work part time and attend a local community college for two years.

Two weeks before she was scheduled to start her University courses she received a phone call that would change her life forever. Her sister and brother-in-law had been in a car accident. Neither survived. Emily was now the sole guardian of her toddler nieces.

Fortunately the triplets had been generously provided for financially so money wouldn't be a problem. But Emily knew nothing about taking care of children. And what about her University courses? Maybe she could just take a couple of courses each semester. It would take her longer to complete her degree but her first obligation was to her nieces. Somehow they'd make it work.

I really like your story, I may have to steal it.

Did you create the toddlers parents so that they would be properly related as neices?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    @elanorbreton steal away! 😄

And no I didn't think of the relationships. Might have to find a mod that lets me do that.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Really tempted to give this a go. I shouldn't because I am supposed to be doing other things today, but I'll take it slowly.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    just finished the challenge, myself, technically on the 4th day but it was counted as a 3 day run since i started at like 8 pm on day one (existing save) and the last toddler got their 4th skill up at 8:20 am on day 4

i also wish you could have done 3 or more toddlers since i was trying to do an all occult toddler run... in the pic you can easily tell the alien and the vampire. the third toddler is a spellcaster. i had to delete the mermaid to be able to start the scenario
    the adult was a gallery download because i was curious if that'd work. obviously it does

75b32b57a2f0063f5c0c0c9c26667dd1.png

i'd also wanted to add in a servo with the parenting chip installed after starting playing (one of my existing sims makes a ton of servos) but wound up not needing it

i... sort of cheated? but not exactly... i'd thrown in all the lot traits that boost skill gains: study spot, peace and quiet, child's play. so that helped chop like 12 game hours off

the reward is decent for new characters but not anything to be upset about missing out on when the scenario goes away... looked to be 5k satisfaction points on the adult sim and i'm guessing the same on the toddlers. can't check that until they age up, of course

I love the idea of doing them as all occults. I'm not very interested in aliens but having a spellcaster, a vampire and a mermaid sounds fun.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @elanorbreton steal away! 😄

And no I didn't think of the relationships. Might have to find a mod that lets me do that.

This is the real Emily Crawford with her neices haha.

Triplets.png?dl=0

They live in one of the small houses in the middle of Henford, I am not sure yet how she will fit three toddler beds in the second room, I only just got done with creating them in CAS.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited November 2021
    I must admit I only started the too many toddlers scenario to show EA that I am absolutely interested in family play. I'm totally uninterested in scenarios, though.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    These time-limited gimmicky things are seriously making me consider just playing the legacy version of TS4 from now on.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: