Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too Many Toddlers Scenario Starts Nov 3

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Meet my Too Many Toddlers family.

0G3D0bJ.png

Emily Crawford
    Aspiration: Academic
    Traits: Cheerful, Genius, Bookworm

The Richardson triplets
    Sage: Independent
    Violet: Angelic
    Ruby: Wild

Emily Crawford had her life all planned. Or at least the next few years. She was just finishing up her last year at community college and was planning on attending University in the fall.

Emily's parents had died when she was a child and she'd been raised by her grandmother. Sadly her grandmother had passed away soon after Emily graduated high school. There wasn't much money so after high school Emily had to work part time and attend a local community college for two years.

Two weeks before she was scheduled to start her University courses she received a phone call that would change her life forever. Her sister and brother-in-law had been in a car accident. Neither survived. Emily was now the sole guardian of her toddler nieces.

Fortunately the triplets had been generously provided for financially so money wouldn't be a problem. But Emily knew nothing about taking care of children. And what about her University courses? Maybe she could just take a couple of courses each semester. It would take her longer to complete her degree but her first obligation was to her nieces. Somehow they'd make it work.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    @simgirl1010 , lovely story <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    edited November 2021
    Time-limited content?

gross-no-thank-you-supernatural.gif

I can't see myself having much time to play over the next couple of weeks. At least I won't be missing out on any exclusive rewards.
    Post edited by Miricha on
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Miricha wrote: »
    Time-limited content?

[img]https://www.🎃🎃🎃🎃.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/gross_no_thank_you_supernatural.gif[/img]

I can't see myself having much time to play over the next couple of weeks. At least I won't be missing out on any exclusive rewards.

i cheated you can cheat the skills using mc.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Time-limited content?

[img]https://www.🎃🎃🎃🎃.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/gross_no_thank_you_supernatural.gif[/img]

i cheated you can cheat the skills using mc.

I didn't cheat but I finished it in 4 sims days.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I wish it was 3 OR MORE toddlers rather than limiting to 3. I also wish I could add their dad and have him leave the household after. I know I can add sims to the household after I create and place them, it would just be simpler to do in creation.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    just finished the challenge, myself, technically on the 4th day but it was counted as a 3 day run since i started at like 8 pm on day one (existing save) and the last toddler got their 4th skill up at 8:20 am on day 4

i also wish you could have done 3 or more toddlers since i was trying to do an all occult toddler run... in the pic you can easily tell the alien and the vampire. the third toddler is a spellcaster. i had to delete the mermaid to be able to start the scenario
    the adult was a gallery download because i was curious if that'd work. obviously it does

75b32b57a2f0063f5c0c0c9c26667dd1.png

i'd also wanted to add in a servo with the parenting chip installed after starting playing (one of my existing sims makes a ton of servos) but wound up not needing it

i... sort of cheated? but not exactly... i'd thrown in all the lot traits that boost skill gains: study spot, peace and quiet, child's play. so that helped chop like 12 game hours off

the reward is decent for new characters but not anything to be upset about missing out on when the scenario goes away... looked to be 5k satisfaction points on the adult sim and i'm guessing the same on the toddlers. can't check that until they age up, of course
  • Options
    @kalaksed congratulations! I'd forgotten about lot traits. Might add them.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    @kalaksed congratulations! I'd forgotten about lot traits. Might add them.

Yes I always forget about lot traits
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Time-limited content?

Not to worry. There's no exclusive reward. I completed the Too Many Toddlers scenario just because, today. It was extremely easy even though I made it more challenging by putting them on an off-grid lot. Got it done in 4 sim days even though the adult spent most of his time fishing. The reward was just (don't look under the spoiler if you don't want to know before you try it yourself)
    1,500 life satisfaction points.

It's really not hard to get 3 toddlers to level 3 on 4 toddler skills before they age up, even without water or power or an income. And now that I know that people playing on console can use cheats after all, I am wondering what the point of these scenarios was? I had assumed it was to let console players do something similar to game challenges but that can't be it, if they can already use cheats. So I'm baffled.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Completed this scenario in 2 sims days, which probably took about 2 hours of play 😆. My sim, Forest Greene, is a caregiver to three orphaned toddlers - Skye Blue, Snow White and Rose Red. They now have level 3 in all skills except potty, and Rose has level 4 imagination.

They have moved out of Glimmerbrook and into a small home in Oasis Springs. Unfortunately, they are now broke and have to work their way up to earning $1million simoleons. They have accepted a flat mate, Sunny Day, into the household to help with the bills and hopefully to marry Forest 😂. Once they complete that particular scenario, whichever I like best out of the current toddlers or any new children might try out the romance scenario, if I haven’t lost interest by that point!

So far, it’s good as a little distraction from my other saves but I don’t think I’d be using scenarios all the time.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    The only thing that surprised me with this scenario was the number of toddlers. I was expecting at least 5 tots as requirement. Three is not many and definitely not too many, lol. I recently played family with 4 tots were parent literally ignored them except for cooking food and talking and they became top notched toddlers in literally a week. Toddlers are not that hard to take care of because they learn skills just fine by themselves. So I think 3 is not enough for this challenge.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I don't understand scenarios to be the same as challenges - although they can certainly be played that way - but more like a jumping-off point for a story. If I open my game and already know what I want to do, I wouldn't feel like I needed a scenario. But sometimes I open my game and I'm not sure what save or household I want to play. That's when I would check the scenarios to see if there's something that tempts me to start a new household. If they were challenges they could have called them challenges, it's not like they're afraid to use the word. We have lot challenges, after all.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    @Netzspannung excellent point and exactly how I see it. I'm already planning on continuing my toddler scenario after I've reached the goal.
  • Options
    I don't understand scenarios to be the same as challenges - although they can certainly be played that way - but more like a jumping-off point for a story. If I open my game and already know what I want to do, I wouldn't feel like I needed a scenario. But sometimes I open my game and I'm not sure what save or household I want to play. That's when I would check the scenarios to see if there's something that tempts me to start a new household. If they were challenges they could have called them challenges, it's not like they're afraid to use the word. We have lot challenges, after all.

Yes that's how I see it too
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I'm not really a challenge player. You might say I'm the one whose challenged. LOL As for too many Toddlers, I had my Rock Star and his wife have their babies quickly. Who knew the second pregnancy would reap twins? I didn't. That didn't stop the third, fourth or fifth pregnancies from coming along lickety-split. So, you see I've already played such a Challenge. I have no desire to play these scenarios. We've got them now, whether I want them or not. And happily, the mods I use have mostly been declared compatible. Phew! Dodged that Phaser Blast. I have one more thing to check before I switch out the current save for the back-up version. If the Event Meet & Greet fails to return to the menu, then I will know it wasn't necessarily the Showtime mod, which also adds Events. But, perhaps my saved was borked during the patching process. Wouldn't be the first time. This is WHY it's strongly suggested we back up our save files before patching.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I like adding lot traits for more of a challenge. No free groceries for my sims.
    I did add more helpful ones for the toddler challenge though.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2021
    Is there supposed to be tasks for this scenario? I just started it and there's nothing to do

too-many-toddlers-not-enough-tasks.png
  • Options
    Tasks

SfYxxUt.png
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Tasks

SfYxxUt.png

So it doesn't even show the tasks in game it just says them on the selection page? Yikes that's majorly disappointing.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited November 2021
    The one thing that annoys me about this scenario is that I haven't figured out how to add the fathers to the children into the game. I created the family of mom, three guys and three toddlers. I wasn't able to exit the CAS because apparently there can only be one young adult and three toddlers.
    I had to save the whole household to the library and then delete the fathers until I could start the game. Now I have no idea how to add the guys into the game and have their family relationships right. I know there has to be a cheat to do this, but I don't normally use cheats, so I don't know what to do. I don't even know if it's possible in scenarios. It seems that I can't add anyone else into the family just so I could cheat the relationships and I don't know how to do it without adding the guys into the family.
    It seems that "too many toddlers" scenario doesn't allow the toddlers have fathers. :/
  • Options
    Kimmer wrote: »
    The one thing that annoys me about this scenario is that I haven't figured out how to add the fathers to the children into the game. I created the family of mom, three guys and three toddlers. I wasn't able to exit the CAS because apparently there can only be one young adult and three toddlers.
    I had to save the whole household to the library and then delete the fathers until I could start the game. Now I have no idea how to add the guys into the game and have their family relationships right. I know there has to be a cheat to do this, but I don't normally use cheats, so I don't know what to do. I don't even know if it's possible in scenarios. It seems that I can't add anyone else into the family just so I could cheat the relationships and I don't know how to do it without adding the guys into the family.
    It seems that "too many toddlers" scenario doesn't allow the toddlers have fathers. :/

I think if you do "testingcheats true" then "cas.fulleditmode on" then go into cas, you can add the fathers
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited November 2021
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I think if you do "testingcheats true" then "cas.fulleditmode on" then go into cas, you can add the fathers
    I just tried and it seems that cheats are not allowed on scenarios. I tried testingcheats on and I got "cheats are not enabled". I also tried in CAS and same thing.
    Looks like I will just add the guys into the world. I will just make them have romance with the mother and make them caregivers for their children. They won't be recognized as fathers, though. :/
  • Options

I think most are going the orphan or single parent route. My young adult sim is a college student taking care of her orphaned nieces. Once the scenario is completed I plan on having her meet and marry to give the girls a father figure.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @kimmer that's an issue i had after moving library-saved households to a new save after save corruption... what kaiwrysims says usually works, but not always, which is frustrating. i've had to use the mccc mod to adjust a few last holdout households and fix their family trees (if i recall, it needed extra adjustments, too, since it didn't auto adjust everyone to recognize the one family change. so had to go to grandparents, aunts/uncles and such and change them too. but i don't think the ingame version even allowed those options from the dropdown, so was nice to be able to access them for other households, too)

@Onverser there actually is an ingame way to see the scenaro's tasks, but it's not a checklist since the task is really just one thing

in the upper left of the screen when you have a scenario going, there'll be a tab, closed by default:
    15b1464ebf60879ae41ae0193cfadd4a.png

clicking that opens it:
    6c1e08fdbd0e32d3e79860fba4f2513a.png

it really is just the one thing... and since it can't track individual characters to show how many skills they've increased, it is just the one overall victory condition listed

if you have events going on (welcome wagon, date or so on) and/or holidays going on, those will be the initial, always visible tab of what they require, with the scenario tab next to them (i'd started my scen in the middle of a holiday, since forgot it was going on the last time i played. and then had the welcome wagon the very next day)

this screenshot under the spoiler is just to show it's really the upper left:
    3ffe78fc4b2f5250992ec1b1e8fb3c18.jpg

and since i went back to a save just before completing the scenario to take those screenshots i also checked the rewards:
    4325155d7dfe6aecc4f17a7451d69eaa.png

the adult in my household had 700 satisfaction points just from doing stuff with the kids (and one hour of playing guitar since she had a musical aspiration) and upon completing the scenario she was at 5700 satisfaction points

also, i agree with netz about the scenarios... they're a great potential starting off point for new stories if you're stuck or want to try something new/different. they're also a nice stepping stone type of introduction to challenges for the newer or more casual players who sometimes feel a bit lost on what to do but feel challenges to be too intense