Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scenarios Coming To Base Game

Comments

• Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    edited November 2021

Yesterday we reported on the 3 limited-time scenarios that are coming to The Sims 4. The Sims Team didn’t specify the exact dates of when these Scenarios will begin – up until today thanks to a report from PCGamesN.

This news site reports that The Sims 4 devs shared with them that the Too Many Toddlers Scenario will begin TODAY, and shockingly it will only last for 3 days. We’re not sure why this Scenario is being locked away again after November 6th. Either way, if you wanted to play this Scenario you should expect it to go fully live at around 10AM Pacific Time today!

The Too Many Toddlers scenario launches on November 3 and will be removed as of November 6, the devs have announced in a press release, though if you start the scenario before that end date, you’ll still be able to play it to completion after it’s removed. There are no details yet on how that scenario will play. The devs previously announced that another limited-time scenario called Perfectly Well-Rounded would come shortly after the feature’s launch.

https://simscommunity.info/2021/11/03/the-sims-4-too-many-toddlers-scenario-starts-today/

3 DAYS!!! Are they for real? I don't know if I even have time to log into the game before the 6th. That kind of puts me off the whole scenario thing altogether. Why should I feel so pressured?

It‘s called FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). One of the many predatory tactics game developers use to increase engagement and to exploit players with microtransactions. They probably only added scenarios and SDX to do research for TS5.
    @elanorbreton
    For those that 'miss' the limited time scenario, you can play it in a regular game using cheats & rules from posted forum challenge lists
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I can't wait to see what modders do! 👀

Didn't have to wait long. 😄

This is very similar to the other heartbreak one...
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2021

Yesterday we reported on the 3 limited-time scenarios that are coming to The Sims 4. The Sims Team didn’t specify the exact dates of when these Scenarios will begin – up until today thanks to a report from PCGamesN.

This news site reports that The Sims 4 devs shared with them that the Too Many Toddlers Scenario will begin TODAY, and shockingly it will only last for 3 days. We’re not sure why this Scenario is being locked away again after November 6th. Either way, if you wanted to play this Scenario you should expect it to go fully live at around 10AM Pacific Time today!

The Too Many Toddlers scenario launches on November 3 and will be removed as of November 6, the devs have announced in a press release, though if you start the scenario before that end date, you’ll still be able to play it to completion after it’s removed. There are no details yet on how that scenario will play. The devs previously announced that another limited-time scenario called Perfectly Well-Rounded would come shortly after the feature’s launch.

https://simscommunity.info/2021/11/03/the-sims-4-too-many-toddlers-scenario-starts-today/

3 DAYS!!! Are they for real? I don't know if I even have time to log into the game before the 6th. That kind of puts me off the whole scenario thing altogether. Why should I feel so pressured?

It‘s called FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). One of the many predatory tactics game developers use to increase engagement and to exploit players with microtransactions. They probably only added scenarios and SDX to do research for TS5.

I don't understand why they would release a timed scenario at the same time they just introduced the scenario system and added two new ones for people to explore. Who is managing this game? Now, players will have to decide to play the timed one and or the two other ones. Players can't handle three going on at the same time, I think they would get confused and annoyed. Has this game been outsourced or something and one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing? Because these all seems like very poorly thought out management. It's almost like Maxis Mobile decided to rule TS4 pc game.

ETA: Maxis obviously no longer knows what unites Simmers...all of them playing the same pack and or kit and or GP and or whatever. If there are two many choices and too many topics and gameplay to discuss the community becomes devided. There can't be any hype about a game when everyone is off playing their own thing without any common ground to unite them. Think of the discussions, fifty shades of scenarios all going on at the same time. A house divided won't stand. Poorly designed to say the least if they expect all of the Simmers to be 'engaged'. Too many would be off playing something else (*kits, scenarios, etc.) when they need to unite and buy into an EP or GP. Good way to lose any upcoming profit.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    Limited. FOMO. It's only predatory tactics to ''engage the players''. Feel like a cheap mobile game. These things don't make me want to turn on the game. At ALL! :|
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    There are really zero reasons to make some of these new scenarios time limited. Just let people play at their own pace like a normal life simulator.

Apparently, once you start a scenario, you have plenty of time to finish it. The 3-day window is just for starting.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    There can't be any hype about a game when everyone is off playing their own thing without any common ground to unite them.

It doesn't matter what scenario, or kit, or pack, legacy or challenge you're playing. The common ground that unites us all is the Sims.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2021
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    There are really zero reasons to make some of these new scenarios time limited. Just let people play at their own pace like a normal life simulator.

Apparently, once you start a scenario, you have plenty of time to finish it. The 3-day window is just for starting.

Yes, but a long time ago there was a glitch in the timed challenges where the player didn't get the reward if they did that, such as the crystal skull's glitch. I remember I didn't get them because I started the challenge late (though it was available to play) and made a mess of the save.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member

Yeah but I'm currently playing other games and I may want to play this scenario later, this forces me to make 'preparations' beforehand just to play them when I like. I don't like that idea at all.
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member

Yeah but I'm currently playing other games and I may want to play this scenario later, this forces me to make 'preparations' beforehand just to play them when I like. I don't like that idea at all.

You don't need to have a scenario starter to play a challenge. Just write down the rules and start whenever you want. No pressure, no time limit.
  • Options
    Melisendre wrote: »

You don't need to have a scenario starter to play a challenge. Just write down the rules and start whenever you want. No pressure, no time limit.
    But doesn't it defeat the purpose of the whole new 'system' they added?
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am not overly excited about the scenarios, but planned on giving it a try and try to stay open-minded about it til I see how things go with scenarios. Am happy for those who are happy about it. I am hoping that they will add more to the scenarios for challenge and play, but am already disappointed that they are only doing a limited one for 3 days. Don't they understand that many people playing have responsibilities and jobs that don't always allow us to play as often as we would like? I feel if they are going to have limited times for certain gameplay they should at least have it for a week or more.
  • Options
    The 3 day limit for the Too Many Toddlers challenge was incorrect.

• Options

Or they changed their mind after seeing the negative reception? :*
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Thank you simgirl 1010! I couldn't understand why they would put something limited to only 3 days in the game! Glad the information was not correct.
  • Options
    Skyrryx wrote: »

Or they changed their mind after seeing the negative reception? :*

We'll never know. 😄
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 I should maybe remove my tin foil hat... :D
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    The limited time thing (even to begin the scenario) really bothers me, too. I don’t even care about playing this way but it’s a control issue for me. We are used to having ultimate control, we are used to the freedom of playing whenever and however we want and now EA thinks it’s cool to control when we have access to something. Not cool.
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    edited November 2021

That's the point. In Sims 4 limited time scenarios are senseless.
  • Options

That's the point. In Sims 4 limited time scenarios are senseless.
    I can understand some holiday-themed challenges, but not just a generic 'raise three toddlers' challenge.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Skyrryx wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 I should maybe remove my tin foil hat... :D

*picks up tinfoil hat

Recently in a Quarterly Financial Report EA said that the sims4 have reached all time high in monthly reached record daily, weekly, and monthly average players.

EA will have their Quarterly Financial Report pretty soon as their quarter is coming to a close, I highly doubt that their player numbers have been that high now that people have started returning back to their jobs, and they have released nothing but kits. You know what an investor don't want to hear? That the game that they are investing in have decreasing players.

This is an attempt to increase daily player numbers so that the sims4 will look good towards their investors.

*passes tinfoil hat
  • Options
    3 days. 2 weeks... It's still limited in time in the end. :|