Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 2021
    MichelleW wrote: »
    Oh I agree, I think the ideas mentioned are great ideas and I want them in game. Weddings in game are in serious need of a redo. Maybe if they combined and did a weddings and honeymoons expansion pack so they included all the features above as well as provided some awesome destination worlds for weddings/honeymoons. Like world adventures meets weddings. They could even link wedding traditions and clothing from the various destination worlds included. That could bring it up to expansion pack territory. I wish we got more than 2 expansions a year.

Speaking of worlds for honeymoon destinations I think that we should have locations such as as a Australian themed honeymoon location as well as a Scandinavian themed honeymoon location. I mean, Australia has beaches such as Byron Bay, Cossies Beach and deserts too. They also have Sydney which has a royal botanical garden and has beaches to surf on, as well as the music and arts festival known as the Rainbow Serpents Festival, rafting on the Tully River and indoor racing.

https://www.visitmelbourne.com/Regions/Melbourne/Things-to-do/Fun-activities
    https://tourscanner.com/blog/fun-things-to-do-in-australia/
    Post edited by EliteGirl on
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 2021
    For the Scandinavian themed world, we could have Oslo Viking Ship museum , ride a ferry, outdoor cafes, and other things as well such as cinnamon buns and Finnish meatballs. And sleeping in a glass igloo too as well as visit a lighthouse island.

https://www.visitfinland.com/article/10-best-things-to-do-in-finland/#68f862ba
  • Options
    ServalServal Posts: 21 Member
    The only thing I truly care about and greatly miss from the previous games is slow-dancing. Sims weddings feel very plain to me without the couple's first dance. In the previous games, my sims would always dance after cutting the cake :D
  • Options
    MashamakMashamak Posts: 10 New Member
    Yes to all of this and I just want to add on how cool it would be to have a wedding planner career, where you would get to help a client with their wedding, just like the interior decorator career where you find out their taste and style, likes and dislikes.
    Somethings I think would be great in a career like this
    - new venue type, wedding hall
    - decorating a venue on clients selected (randomized) location (banquet hall, beach, seaside, etc)
    - Completing goaled tasks like all other playable careers
    - Tasks will be things like
    •greet the vendors
    •organize bridal party photos
    •seat guests for ceremony
    •ensure all tables are set
    •fix any broken or damaged decorations
    •fix/check flowers for quality
    •check quality of food
    •select a cake based on sims preferences
    •throw flower petals
    •help bride with requests
    •help bride adjust hair, makeup, dress
    - you can select a variety of vendors based on clients budget
    - Vendors could be
    •photographer
    •chef/caterer
    •entertainer
    •bartender
    •officiant
    •florist
    •MC

I see this being a game pack that also comes with the ability to plan your own wedding with way more details like mentioned above and way more wardrobe options. Kind of how you can work and also visit a restaurant with dine out, you can work as a wedding planner but also go out and have your own wedding however you like it.
  • Options
    MashamakMashamak Posts: 10 New Member
    [quote="EliteGirl;c-17925911"]Well, can we pick the location of the date where the Sims go out on the date and propose? I mean, us players should have a say in where our sims go on a date to propose, because the point of “The Sims 4” is to choose and play how we want to. And who will propose in the lesbian relationships and in the gay relationships? I am just wondering these questions. [/quote]

If you’re the one that asks another sim on a date you can choose to go and propose anywhere. I always take my sims on dates near the water to propose. Also only playable sims are able to propose so it doesn’t really matter what gender the sim is that proposes since npc’s can’t do this action no matter how high your love bar is with them. And in gay or lesbian relationships whoever wants to propose is the one to propose? There’s no rules on this kind of stuff if you look past old traditions.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2021
    This would be a great pack to add because there needs to be more wedding items, wedding animations, and more romance.

Married-2.jpg

Wedding_Dress_2.jpg

Wedding_Dress_3.jpg

Wedding_Dress_5.jpg

Wedding_Dress_4.jpg

Uptown_Clothes_3.jpg

Uptown_Clothes_4.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    This would be a great pack to add because there needs to be more wedding items, wedding animations, and more romance.

Married-2.jpg

Wedding_Dress_2.jpg

Wedding_Dress_3.jpg

Wedding_Dress_5.jpg

Wedding_Dress_4.jpg

Uptown_Clothes_3.jpg

Uptown_Clothes_4.jpg

Yes to all please ea.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »

The tango dance is really beautiful and so is the wedding dress shop. I think it would be nice to have a wedding/events planner type of career like the home decorator, except that all the set-up disappears after the event. I don't want a beach permanently set up as a wedding location.
  • Options
    Littlelegs15Littlelegs15 Posts: 1 New Member
    Loving the ideas listed above. Definitely need the chance for the opposite partner to propose to your character.

Also!.......

Please give us the chance to take partners name when getting married! Hate having to cheat to be able to change it. :)
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I wonder how much of this is going to make it into the pack. Makes you wonder if maaaaaybe they actually look at what we post in the ideas corner from time to time...
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I say yes to those very beautiful wedding dresses to be put in Sims 4. Pretty please. ;)