Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack

Comments

• Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 2021
    No offense but I still would like to be able to have the option to choose the sims I want to be a couple. I like the cheats to make the sims I want to become a couple to be an actual couple. There are women who propose to their lovers, whether it is a woman or a man. Most of society is like that now.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I do like when someone said the option to talk about the future, Also I would like the npc to propose to your sim if the relationship is high enough.

Yes for npc is what i was thinking. If they guy is already in your household bin then you could select him to propose, but before I was playing a single woman and she was dating npc mailman. I used cheats to control him to have him propose seems like too much effort, it could be a feature that your date may want to propose to you, so this action could be created to have your story line complete ☺
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    I want to be able to have your male sim propose to you for traditional players. I dont like always using cheats to control him or having the woman propose. Id like an interaction "talk about marriage" that if you have a high enough romantic and friend bar tbeyll ask if right now is a good time to settle down. Then later automously they will ask you out on a date and propose to you

great idea @StrawberryYogurt

Thanks. I also like the idea of bringing back surprise engagement

https://youtu.be/7YzUaw-PcD8

It could be this style, or maybe have the ring inside their wine cup and the sim finds the ring. If they have bad relationship bar the sim could choke on ring, could be another unique sim death. Comical humor like TS2.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    I disagree with you. I don't want my sims dying over accidentally swallowing a ring. Maybe the engagement fail could be one of the sims puking on the one he is engaging to. Gross, I know. But it would be appropriate humor and death free.I also found these engagement fails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UwLX9VHlDE
    https://youtu.be/5iqYTMEH5TA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnyKkA05nYw
    Post edited by EliteGirl on
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I do like when someone said the option to talk about the future, Also I would like the npc to propose to your sim if the relationship is high enough.

Yes for npc is what i was thinking. If they guy is already in your household bin then you could select him to propose, but before I was playing a single woman and she was dating npc mailman. I used cheats to control him to have him propose seems like too much effort, it could be a feature that your date may want to propose to you, so this action could be created to have your story line complete ☺

Exactly but would it up to the player to say yes or no or the sim? I have pros and cons for both options lol.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member

Exactly but would it up to the player to say yes or no or the sim? I have pros and cons for both options lol.

There should be a toggle for it, with the player being able to decide by default.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options

Id say yes up to the player. That way it is optional if the npc proposes at all, you initiate it.

I imagine it this way:
    Sim A uses "talk about marriage" in romance section. If they have bad relationship, a notif will appear and the sim is not interested or noncommital. If they have a good reaction, they'll ask you in a pop up menu if right now is a good time to get hitched. You can say yes or no. If yes, later on spontaneously the npc will ask your sim out on a date and on that date the npc will propose.

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    EliteGirl wrote: »
    Well, can we pick the location of the date where the Sims go out on the date and propose? I mean, us players should have a say in where our sims go on a date to propose, because the point of “The Sims 4” is to choose and play how we want to. And who will propose in the lesbian relationships and in the gay relationships? I am just wondering these questions.

I don't think you understood what @StrawberryYogurt was saying they just want it where npc sims can ask your sim to marry them
    not take away the option for you to do it also @EliteGirl
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    Completely agree with all the ideas in this thread.

Also adding to the list of ideas.

Wedding sign boards:

21c94c1ab9133db3c9fd3dc92eeef92c.jpg

Another cute option would be the couple releasing doves/butterflies.

I would also like to see other cultural wedding practices like jumping the broom.

Also engagement parties.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options

there is an option in mc for sims to propose on there own but I really want this in game
  • Options
    I want to be able to have your male sim propose to you for traditional players. I dont like always using cheats to control him or having the woman propose. Id like an interaction "talk about marriage" that if you have a high enough romantic and friend bar tbeyll ask if right now is a good time to settle down. Then later automously they will ask you out on a date and propose to you

great idea @StrawberryYogurt

Thanks. I also like the idea of bringing back surprise engagement

https://youtu.be/7YzUaw-PcD8

It could be this style, or maybe have the ring inside their wine cup and the sim finds the ring. If they have bad relationship bar the sim could choke on ring, could be another unique sim death. Comical humor like TS2.

cute :) I think that would be nice also
  • Options
    edited July 2021

Wedding sign boards:

I would also like to see other cultural wedding practices like jumping the broom.

Also engagement parties.

I want bachelor parties and bacheloret parties to
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Well, can we pick the location of the date where the Sims go out on the date and propose? I mean, us players should have a say in where our sims go on a date to propose, because the point of “The Sims 4” is to choose and play how we want to. And who will propose in the lesbian relationships and in the gay relationships? I am just wondering these questions.

I don't think you understood what @StrawberryYogurt was saying they just want it where npc sims can ask your sim to marry them

Yex exactly 💯

• Options
    edited July 2021

Oh okay. I misunderstood. Thank you for explaining it to me.
    So does the NPC pick where to date to propose or do you get to pick the date? That question of mine still is not answered.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I would be fine with adding a way to indicate that an NPC can propose. As it is now, I sometimes make the NPC playable for that but I'd be fine with having this added. I also tend to do a lot of different things when they get engaged. Sometimes the woman asks; some households are more and less traditional. I mix up a lot of different ways for them to get married as well.

I think a wedding and romance theme has not been fully developed and is asking for a GP at least. I would like more customization and a lot more new romantic interactions so that it isn't all the same.

I'd like different themed types of weddings to choose, maybe with different budgets. Better wedding hair and veils. More interaction for the guests including any relatives. More details and ways to personalize the wedding. It should be easier to arrange the crowd of guests before the service. It has also been mentioned but slow dancing is missing.

I still have some that have quick weddings and others that have bigger ceremonies but this needs some work.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    LillyAnn_505LiLillyAnn_505Li Posts: 3 New Member
    omg sounds so fun!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I'm all in for a wedding pack.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options

Oh okay. I misunderstood. Thank you for explaining it to me.
    So does the NPC pick where to date to propose or do you get to pick the date? That question of mine still is not answered.

well I mean if their the one proposing I think they should pick the spot it would be cool if they made special spots just for that
    @EliteGirl
  • Options

Wedding sign boards:

Also engagement parties.

I would love to see releasing of doves or butterflies at a wedding as well as engagement parties! I think white doves should be chosen as the doves for the wedding, white doves are beautiful. Just my opinion, though.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    There is SO much potential for this wedding expansion pack idea to be an expansion pack and NOT a game pack. I mean, the wedding expansion pack has all our ideas: outfits for the bride, groom and dresses for the bridesmaids, different types of cakes, engagement parties, ring types and flower types, as well as the releasing of doves or butterflies.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I even found cute wedding hairstyles for females. I hope everyone likes them.

2014-wedding-hairstyles1.jpg

4da265c7974f23a54904d8e84cd4ec7d.jpg

hbz-bridal-hair-sculptural-shiny-cushnie-et-ochs-bty-s15-005-imaxtree.jpg

png-clipart-ashley-tisdale-sharpay-evans-sharpay-s-fabulous-adventure-high-school-musical-the-concer.png

this-irish-wedding-at-galgorm-resort-and-spa-is-the-epitome-of-understated-elegance-5-600x899-600x89.jpg

tumblr-8d9f9765a402534209e8866a0ac5ea31-05b2e1b1-250.png

tumblr-98fa6880940c15085cc093813d2a5b3f-27d38de3-400.png

Wedding-Hairstyle-with-Veil.webp

• Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I'm not sure that I would want an expansion packed centered around weddings, but I think most of what has been mentioned should be doable for a game pack. The stuff with NPC's proposing should really come as a game update and not be tied to a pack at all.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I'm not sure that I would want an expansion packed centered around weddings, but I think most of what has been mentioned should be doable for a game pack. The stuff with NPC's proposing should really come as a game update and not be tied to a pack at all.

I understand that not everyone would like an expansion pack themed on weddings. But it might appeal to some people, though.
    I think all of the ideas that this thread has is too big for a game pack. I would really like to see the cakes, brides dresses and groom tuxedos I suggested in the wedding pack as well as the bridesmaid dresses, and the different cake ideas I suggested too. I would also like to see the rings I suggested as well as the flowers I suggested as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I think that other people had really good suggestions too that should be put in the pack. The suggestions I like are the releasing of doves or butterflies, honeymoons, engagement parties, being able to choose the cake as well as the choice to have a ring or a flower bouquet.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Oh I agree, I think the ideas mentioned are great ideas and I want them in game. Weddings in game are in serious need of a redo. Maybe if they combined and did a weddings and honeymoons expansion pack so they included all the features above as well as provided some awesome destination worlds for weddings/honeymoons. Like world adventures meets weddings. They could even link wedding traditions and clothing from the various destination worlds included. That could bring it up to expansion pack territory. I wish we got more than 2 expansions a year.