Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UPDATED: Help me keep my game (and my sanity)

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
I am terrible at restarting. My latest game is at what can sometimes be a breaking point for me.

I started with one alien Sim (Carli). She had no real money, made some friends, took a student loan and earned a degree. She was seriously dating the neighbor when my other alien character 'came back into her life' and swept her off her feet.

So I introduced DaRin Orion in a sort of clumsy rotation. I also accidentally-on-purpose got Carli pregnant by the human neighbor before I made Carli and DaRin Orion an item instead. >:)
Indeed, Carli was out on a date with DaRin Orion when she went into labor with her firstborn. A hybrid daughter named Savannah.

Deciding that sibling rivalry will make some good drama for the blog I'm now trying to develop; I quickly got Carli pregnant again. Enter newborn alien baby boy Jericho.

This offically makes my household four {if you don't count the dog} which seems to be my limit. It also gives me two preschoolers, soon to be two toddlers. :*

That is when the unimaginable happens. DaRin Orion goes to investigate the weird lights. No problem, I think. OPS.
But there's more. Next night, Carli returns from a long day at the science lab to get abducted herself.
Now MCCC informs me that BOTH Carli and DaRin Orion are pregnant by their abductions. :s

MCCC offers the solution (as well as the mechanisms by which this was possible in the first place). Simply end the pregnancies before they really begin, right? Only I feel like my beloved Sims have been violated. And the part of me that suffers chronic restartitis says: Yep time to throw that one in and move on.
Post edited by NRowe on

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited September 2021
    I would let them keep these abduction babies but turn abduction baby possibility off afterwards to make sure its the last of chaos for a bit :sweat_smile:

this save sounds so fun tho i really hope you keep it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I’d like to consider it @Simmingal but I absolutely could not play/handle six Sims and a dog with four of them very juvenile. It also bugs me the guys carrying babies…

Weirdly when I checked MCCC it seemed to say only the guys could get pregnant, obviously not what happened. I didn’t THINK I had played with those settings when it ruined my previous game too.
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I would go back to an earlier save. If you don't have one you can try the "restore save" button in opening main menu.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited September 2021
    NRowe wrote: »
    I’d like to consider it @Simmingal but I absolutely could not play/handle six Sims and a dog with four of them very juvenile. It also bugs me the guys carrying babies…

Weirdly when I checked MCCC it seemed to say only the guys could get pregnant, obviously not what happened. I didn’t THINK I had played with those settings when it ruined my previous game too.

I can definitely empathize. The one time I had an alien pregnancy happen I chose to send the baby "back to the home world" (I think that's how it was put). It's a non-controversial way to deal with the situation, though the poor guy will still have to go through pregnancy and labor first, and I think you only get the option to do this right after the birth.

Edit: No idea how I missed the part about them both being preggers. :o Sending the babies "home" would still be my own personal choice, anyway.
    Post edited by VeeDub on
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    hmm understandable

then yes maybe you could send them back to home world or have some other household "adopt" the kids by transferring them to another household? ;)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    My first thought was adopting the kids out too :smiley: Then you could include them in the story later if you feel like it.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    This sounds like so much fun to me, I love unexpected events in the sims.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    haisin wrote: »
    My first thought was adopting the kids out too :smiley: Then you could include them in the story later if you feel like it.

Can you adopt the kids away and they are still available?! If I knew that I would never sent a couple of babies my lead scientist got back to their homeworld! It would have been such a good plot, the children coming back all grown up being all recentful to their father
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Maybe a lovely childless alien couple elsewhere in your world would like to take the alien youngsters in as foster children or adoptees?
    (you'd have to do it by manage households, not the adopt option on the computer)
    And then that household could be part of the rotation if you found it fun.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I hadn’t even considered an ‘adoption’ option. It could be very suitable in other circumstances. Or even sending the baby/babies back to the home world.

In this case though, I think I’m going to pretend the abductions happened but the pregnancies did not.
    I slept on it and then spent some time looking back over my blog and screenshots. I think I might be able to push through this one.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Do you play with autonomy on? I ask because that's how I manage my full households. For me, the more the merrier. But, like others have suggested, sent the alien babes back to Sixam when you get the option. Or have them adopted out. But, do keep playing your game, by all means. A certain amount of chaos can actually be stimulating and loads of fun! (I also suffer from reStart itis.) Best of luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I live for the unexpected things! That's when I have the most fun with this game. I too suffer from restartitis and usually get bored when things are perfect. When the game throws me a curveball, that's when I get invested. A few years ago, I had a sim get abducted 6 times in one save, two resulted in pregnancy. It was one of my favorite households until I messed it up by making it perfect. Another household in my Westbrook save, my sim was abducted and had a daughter. He was a single father for most of her childhood. That's still one of my favorite households and saves.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    I've been contemplating a scenario where I keep her pregnancy but not his. (Still don't want guys carrying babies, besides read on)

Deal is, DaRin Orion is the Sixamite equivalent of a prince (Da as in first, Rin as in heir). I am thinking maybe part of the agreement which allows him to stay on Earth is that Carli must carry an alternate heir through which they could carry on the bloodline (or something).
    So, he got abducted back home and then she had to agree to go get implanted and to return the baby to Sixam.

But that does leave a pretty messed up family tree, with three half-siblings {since the pollination technician is listed as the father, ugh}
    I was also contemplating possibilities of returning a grown abduction baby back into the story; but if I use the Return to Home World option, there is apparently a permanent alien baby in the family tree. I had though to just use CAS and play-with-genetics to create the grown baby when ready but you can see how this would not work.

So I'm back to thinking about just no abduction pregnancies.
  • Options
    BTW. Here is my work in progress blog with the story, it's a little behind so no baby drama where I'm at just yet...
    https://asixamiteonearth.blogspot.com/