Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SPA DAY REFRESH!

Comments

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Oooh, question. Let's say you set your nails in CAS, so they should be "perfect forever." But then you also get a manicure in the chair, either to get the buffs or to temporarily change the color or style. When the chair manicure fades away, will your original CAS manicure still be there?

My sneaking suspicion is that the intention is for the original manicure to still be there, but that we could encounter bugs that will either revert the nails to no manicure style, or one that we've never chosen. I hope that's something that was qc tested!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Oooh, question. Let's say you set your nails in CAS, so they should be "perfect forever." But then you also get a manicure in the chair, either to get the buffs or to temporarily change the color or style. When the chair manicure fades away, will your original CAS manicure still be there?

My sneaking suspicion is that the intention is for the original manicure to still be there, but that we could encounter bugs that will either revert the nails to no manicure style, or one that we've never chosen. I hope that's something that was qc tested!

If they are buffs like the face mask buffs, there shouldn't be such a problem.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Main thing I’m interested in are the nails! Yes please. If I get it, I’d be getting it on sale (hopefully with seasons). I’d imagine I wouldn’t make a female sim without those nails. Doesn’t spa day offer a fertility treatment? I wonder if it stacks with the ley line house trait and increases the chance for even more babies.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Carl's Livestream Summary

https://youtu.be/tUcXjj_92zk
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    I love the trailer and the stream - all did a very good job. I LOVE SimGuruVlad - it seems she's the reason we got so many details in the refresh and specifically the face mask, that's my impression at least. I love that we get a different reward trait for each of the aspirations, and that they really expanded the use of the spa gameplay objects. Love that you can choose to have nail gameplay or just add them in CAS.

I was wondering which simguru that was! She seems sweet!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Spa day (was) one of my least used packs but after the livestream I could totally see myself making spa visits and nail upkeep a part sims lives! I want to put it in the mall.
    And I love how they literally give you all the tools to run your own spa now!! I'm getting so many ideas.....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I'm especially interested in making a wellness instructor sim. I'm thinking of having them making a yoga club and teach them for cash, or making a community lot that I'll treat as their studio and spa.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am already planning a mother/daughter trip to the spa for the daughter's teen birthday. What better way to celebrate than getting a manicure/jpedicure? And can't wait to put the long pointy sharp nails on my evil witch! LOL
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I’m so excited. This is way better than I was expecting. Wish it released on Monday though since I’m off work lol.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    I’m so excited. This is way better than I was expecting. Wish it released on Monday though since I’m off work lol.

Well, that's the problem... so is EA. :D
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Fingernails now being added makes me hope we get CLAWS later and hopefully Werewolves! <3
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »

Ah, same here. Or if this refresh had come sometime this week while I am still on vacation. Oh well. :smile:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Did they ever explain why they decided to work in a Pack Refresh as opposed to releasing a new pack? I’m curious why they put off releasing a new pack (of any theme) and instead decided to refresh a pack they had already released.

Someone who watched the Live Stream maybe could shed some light on if that topic was discussed.

It wasn't discussed but I will say this. If you don't have Spa Day, it is CERTAINLY worth getting now. I rather they do a refresh for free than make some stuff pack and just add in Nails and facials. I think we are getting the better deal here for now...LOL

Spa Day was always my favorite GP in every survey I did. I actually like the new things added in the refresh. I was just curious why they decided to do this as opposed to a new pack. But like you said, it will be free for those of us who already own it which is nice.

I just hate that this may delay them releasing another pack soon in the future because I’m sure the same folks who work on new packs had to stop to work on this pack refresh. I hope not.
    @Chazzzy that was not discussed.

Ok thanks

I wouldn't mind if pack releases slowed down a little in favour of pack refreshes to be honest. This refresh looks great and I look forward to future refreshes!
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    edited September 2021
    Fingernails now being added makes me hope we get CLAWS later and hopefully Werewolves! <3

Oh man, I didn’t think about that. Yes please. I really hope they do werewolves justice, I love the supernatural sims. Imagine even a vampire with long crooked claws.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    This is actually kind of funny timing for spa day though cause i recently created yoga club for san myshuno so theyre really gonna vibe with this ;) need to pick someone for instructor though... any premade suggestions? :smirk:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GhostelleGhostelle Posts: 1 New Member
    Oh man, this has me hyped to play more Spa Day again UwU I almost never played it anymore but all these neat add-ons they did look fun. They really outdid themselves.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited September 2021
    I'm glad that children will have few more gameplay options. :)
  • Options
    AbsafraginlootlyAbsafraginlootly Posts: 34 Member
    I was expecting an aspiration and a way to make money from the spa day activites but the nails and face masks are a welcome surprise. And I'm especially glad to see the refresh intergrating kids and toddlers into the packs content. I hope to see more of that in the future.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Ironically enough I had to make choice between going to real sauna and watching the livestream on time :lol: so I went to real sauna :lol: but I went in and watched it late and yes I am glad theres black nails and I'm glad my sims don't have to be spa regulars to have nails if they just want the nails

I wonder though if sim that already has nails gets their nails done does it change the nails permanently or will the cas added nails be back once the gameplay ones wear off or what?

Hahaha I had the exact same choice to make. Went to sauna as well.

I was mostly excited about the aspirations though I learned they're only one level. I think it's still nice to have three of them!
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    edited September 2021
    I like all the new stuff but that trailer 😡🤬🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    [...]

I still don't care for the manicures and pedicures, and IMO I don't think the nails 'blend in' with the maxis match style. To me, it simply looks like alpha custom content - something I am not fond of.

[...]

They didn't really show them in the trailer because they were showcasing Ebonix's fancy nails, but there are plain short and medium length nails with muted or standard color swatches, plus some patterned versions as well. There's actually a ton of variety and from what I saw they looked really good.

Yep, I saw all the different lengths and styles, but I still don't think they look good. I was expecting the nails to have a more softer appearance, to match the cartoon aesthetic of the sims, but I think the contrast is too stark for my liking. I'm sorry, but to me the texture looks like a flat blob of colour, with the shine detail hiked up as far as it can reasonably go.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the players that are excited about the nails, but it's a hard pass from me.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Yay! Have used Spa Day in every single game I've played. Love the Build/Buy for modern builds & love the CAS for the self-absorbed, materialistic, snobs. <3
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    > @imhappy said:
    > Love it!
    >
    > Nancy Landgraab will obviously be very high maintenance.
    >
    > And Summer Holiday Landgraab can teach yoga. Her and her husband Johnny (famous comedian) run a celebrity spa.
    >
    > I was kind of hoping I could run the spa, but this works too!

In my current game, actually thinking of Summer & Johnny pairing up. Thanks! And yes, perfect fit for Nancy.
  • Options
    NewEmersedCrownNewEmersedCrown Posts: 37 Member
    Just going to chime in here in case Sim Gurus will read this: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP DOING REFRESHES LIKE THIS!!!! THANK YOU!!!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited September 2021
    I do hope they put the pretty lady with white/blond hair in gallery cause actually she would make perfect san myshuno yoga instructor
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free