Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    How about this one? As a vampire, dust bunnies are not always that helpful.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Some dont want Sims 5 at all. Whether it will be multiplayer or single player. They say they have all the dlc for Sims 4, hope for it to continue for another century, and wouldnt waste their money buying everything again. So why are some so hostile when others are speculating about TS5? It makes no sense to me
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2021
    Onverser wrote: »
    I think this is unpopular but I want more worn down and trashy looking things in the Sims 4. Everything just looks way too clean cut and pristine.

I want grass, trees, plants, etc that aren't bright green and vibrant and instead looks a bit dull and dead. I want junkyards. I want old, falling apart houses in the backgrounds of worlds. I want rat infestations without having to place an item to summon them. Furniture that ages and gets tacky over time and needs replacing. Trash that accumulates in the street. Overgrown grass and swampy mud areas in the worlds. Just stuff that makes it feel a bit more worn down and realistic and less like an overly manicured dollhouse

I believe this is a pretty popular opinion? We’re missing a bunch of boarded up windows too and if there’s one item I need in my game right now it’s that window. Or those boards. Either/ Or.

Not sure, I rarely ever see anyone building or playing in gross looking houses at least. I didn't even realise we had the cracks and dirt and stains in Vampires for years until I saw one person make a build with them a few months ago
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Not sure, I rarely ever see anyone building or playing in gross looking houses at least. I didn't even realise we had the cracks and dirt and stains in Vampires for years until I saw one person make a build with them a few months ago

Sure look, you could be right. Maybe it’s only a popular opinion in my own head. 😂

I don’t think I have a single build that doesn’t have cracks or stains or the likes.
    Plus debug is your friend. There are some loose basegame planks that you could scatter around the floors.
    I absolutely agree that we need a lot more ramshackle stuff though. Can’t have enough junk around the place.
    • I believe Vampires tops the list of packs that offer most wall stains and scratches, dead rose branches, dead trees, and those cobwebs. Yes we should get ones that accumulate. It’ll come in a kit and includes a feather duster. And a giant, demonic spider if the place ain’t clean enough. It feeds on dust bunnies if you have BtD installed.
    • I use the muddy paw prints from Cats & Dogs to make the floors look extra dirty, plus the mouse hole wall deco to infest the place with mice.
    • Jungle Adventures has nice big exterior cracks.
    • Spooky Stuff has torn curtains and tables and sofas with torn white sheets. It kinda works, but I still find it to be a bit clean-ish looking. The worn wood panel wall texture and worn wood floor textures are class.
    • Strangerville has indeed some great toxic stain wall deco and rugs.
    • Get Together comes with stained/ worn rug options if you toggle through the large ones, but you wouldn’t notice if you don’t. There’s even a huge apocalyptic floor crack which often ends up in my basements…
    • Eco Lifestyle has some sweet debug items such as broken furniture and…well lots of junk. I like the idea of Sims 3 junkyards but I’m afraid that’s what EL is meant to do. Technically we could create a community junkyard. When I want to play “dirty” I cheat the world state to industrial via a mod, so at least neighborhood doesn’t look all Carebears.
    • The filthy dust stage from Bust the Dust is also perfect for run down houses. Again, I have a mod that stops spawning the bunnies. My sims can only see them when they smoked something. 😇

• Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I think this is unpopular but I want more worn down and trashy looking things in the Sims 4. Everything just looks way too clean cut and pristine.

I want grass, trees, plants, etc that aren't bright green and vibrant and instead looks a bit dull and dead. I want junkyards. I want old, falling apart houses in the backgrounds of worlds. I want rat infestations without having to place an item to summon them. Furniture that ages and gets tacky over time and needs replacing. Trash that accumulates in the street. Overgrown grass and swampy mud areas in the worlds. Just stuff that makes it feel a bit more worn down and realistic and less like an overly manicured dollhouse

I believe this is a pretty popular opinion? We’re missing a bunch of boarded up windows too and if there’s one item I need in my game right now it’s that window. Or those boards. Either/ Or.

Yes there aren't many of those forgotten buildings in the gallery, mostly they are from apocalyptic challenges and there is definitely a need for those. My abandoned gym ( 2 versions) is my most downloaded building so far.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who thinks money should be harder to get? Like a lot challenge, where everything is strangely surcharged and/or pay for jobs is terrible? Having them both as different challenges would allow one to increase/decrease difficulty.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    My unpopular opinion is occult/ supernatural lovers like myself advocating for them being sold in separate packs, saying that then they are better. In my opinion all it is is us paying more for something that used to be included with other things.

I can understand simmers who don't like them loving this but not the people like me, who do. I don't see the improvement of supernaturals as others claim to see because they are sold in their own pack. All I see is a money grab and a drought in content for simmers like me and a catering to ALL other simmers.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    kidlit59kidlit59 Posts: 28 Member
    I like the concept of toddlers in the game but not the actual gameplay. I used to try forever to get my parent Sim to put the kid in the highchair and give the kid food but they wouldn't put them in or would put them in and take them right back out or wouldn't give them food and the kid is melting down because he's starving. I finally gave up, put a plate of food on the floor and had the kid grab a serving. The highchair interaction drives me crazy. Also had trouble getting the parents to put the kid to bed. They'd just stand there stupidly while the kid dissolved into exhaustion rage. I'd have to just click the bed and have the kid put himself to sleep but then he wasn't getting enough attention.
  • Options
    scandinaviansimscandinaviansim Posts: 16 Member
    This feels like an unpopular opinion at the moment, but i cant be the only one:
    we don't need fairies (or any other new occults for that sake) in the sims 4.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

Sure look, you could be right. Maybe it’s only a popular opinion in my own head. 😂

I don’t think I have a single build that doesn’t have cracks or stains or the likes.
    Plus debug is your friend. There are some loose basegame planks that you could scatter around the floors.
    I absolutely agree that we need a lot more ramshackle stuff though. Can’t have enough junk around the place.
    • I believe Vampires tops the list of packs that offer most wall stains and scratches, dead rose branches, dead trees, and those cobwebs. Yes we should get ones that accumulate. It’ll come in a kit and includes a feather duster. And a giant, demonic spider if the place ain’t clean enough. It feeds on dust bunnies if you have BtD installed.
    • I use the muddy paw prints from Cats & Dogs to make the floors look extra dirty, plus the mouse hole wall deco to infest the place with mice.
    • Jungle Adventures has nice big exterior cracks.
    • Spooky Stuff has torn curtains and tables and sofas with torn white sheets. It kinda works, but I still find it to be a bit clean-ish looking. The worn wood panel wall texture and worn wood floor textures are class.
    • Strangerville has indeed some great toxic stain wall deco and rugs.
    • Get Together comes with stained/ worn rug options if you toggle through the large ones, but you wouldn’t notice if you don’t. There’s even a huge apocalyptic floor crack which often ends up in my basements…
    • Eco Lifestyle has some sweet debug items such as broken furniture and…well lots of junk. I like the idea of Sims 3 junkyards but I’m afraid that’s what EL is meant to do. Technically we could create a community junkyard. When I want to play “dirty” I cheat the world state to industrial via a mod, so at least neighborhood doesn’t look all Carebears.
    • The filthy dust stage from Bust the Dust is also perfect for run down houses. Again, I have a mod that stops spawning the bunnies. My sims can only see them when they smoked something. 😇

I have used many of these things, I even have a 'park' in the harbor which is basically a junkyard with shipping containers, debris, broken furniture and a few kid items scattered amongst them. Not gone are the days when kids play in areas like these, not in my game lol. But I guess they could all do with tetanus jabs.

More trash would be good.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    On the other side of opinion, I recently played Bramblewood and I love it. I immediately came up with multiple sims to live there and the property that starts as a vacation rental is like a perfect house IMO. Eh, I think different opinions keep things interesting. Evergreen Harbor feels like a grungy and trash-filled world especially by the docks. I've been cleaning it up and I like that we can decide whether to leave it industrial or to change it in one of several ways.

I strongly prefer the classically beautiful worlds but if a place has character, it will still interest me. I think they should give us another urban world at some point that could maybe be grittier than we've had. I still like the ability to change it if a player wants.

I also think recent packs - including DHD - have gotten more interesting. I know DHD is controversial but I like being able to decide when I'm playing the decorator and that's when I go in and update existing houses.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I love using my Sims 4 cheats to add on multi Occults. I always say, the more the merrier, or in my case the darker.
    Meh, ha, ha, ha. :D>:)
  • Options
    RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    The developers need to stop putting out "content" and concentrate on fixing bugs. Why is it so hard to fix the game? Concentrate on fixing bugs and I might consider playing the game again.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Some dont want Sims 5 at all. Whether it will be multiplayer or single player. They say they have all the dlc for Sims 4, hope for it to continue for another century, and wouldnt waste their money buying everything again. So why are some so hostile when others are speculating about TS5? It makes no sense to me

It happens every iteration when a new Sims game is announced/in production. Some people don't like change and feel the need to express it. The majority of those people will change their mind when the game actually releases.
  • Options
    My unpopular opinion is occult/ supernatural lovers like myself advocating for them being sold in separate packs, saying that then they are better. In my opinion all it is is us paying more for something that used to be included with other things.

I can understand simmers who don't like them loving this but not the people like me, who do. I don't see the improvement of supernaturals as others claim to see because they are sold in their own pack. All I see is a money grab and a drought in content for simmers like me and a catering to ALL other simmers.

I would rather they be in the same pack so we can make hybrids!
  • Options
    Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    Some don't want Sims 5 at all. Whether it will be multiplayer or single player. They say they have all the dlc for Sims 4, hope for it to continue for another century, and wouldn't waste their money buying everything again. So why are some so hostile when others are speculating about TS5? It makes no sense to me

It happens every iteration when a new Sims game is announced/in production. Some people don't like change and feel the need to express it. The majority of those people will change their mind when the game actually releases.

Some people just dread all the problems and headaches that come with a new game. Especially when it's from a company like EA and, considering the current game STILL has some of the same problems it had from the get go. Like your Sim refusing to do what you told them to do.
    I certainly would welcome a HUGE change with Sims 5. Make the thing work properly from the start, don't rely on customers to diagnose problems and don't rake us over the coals with garbage content.

Otherwise, keep your "game".
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited August 2021
    The developers need to stop putting out "content" and concentrate on fixing bugs. Why is it so hard to fix the game? Concentrate on fixing bugs and I might consider playing the game again.

Not everyone experiences the same bugs and not all bugs are due to the game itself that’s why. The devs can only repair bugs they can replicate on their end in a totally vanilla save on a computer with proper specs to run the game in its current form. There are currently some graphics issues that may actually be due to the latest Nvidia driver update the devs can’t fix those. Some bugs are related to cc & mods. I was on DeaderPool’s discord a few days ago for help with MCCC and there were mods telling people the problem they were experiencing was due to duplicate cc files…300 duplicate files in one case and 250 in another! 😳 If there’s that many duplicates how much extra stuff is in their game? If there’s that much extra stuff are they being honest if they say I have _____ bug and I took out all my mods? Even if they did take out all their mods and clear localthumbcache it seems a good chance the save may be corrupted, devs can’t fix that. Some people’s bugs might also be due their computer struggling to run the amount of official content they have installed, devs can’t fix that either, and again sometimes I doubt how honest people are when they complain about bugs when they say their specs are up to par.

So, in order not to derail my unpopular opinion is, the devs really do try very hard to fix as many bugs as they can as quickly as possible.
  • Options
    RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member

Not everyone experiences the same bugs and not all bugs are due to the game itself that’s why. The devs can only repair bugs they can replicate on their end in a totally vanilla save on a computer with proper specs to run the game in its current form. There are currently some graphics issues that may actually be due to the latest Nvidia driver update the devs can’t fix those. Some bugs are related to cc & mods. I was on DeaderPool’s discord a few days ago for help with MCCC and there were mods telling people the problem they were experiencing was due to duplicate cc files…300 duplicate files in one case and 250 in another! 😳 If there’s that many duplicates how much extra stuff is in their game? If there’s that much extra stuff are they being honest if they say I have _____ bug and I took out all my mods? Even if they did take out all their mods and clear localthumbcache it seems a good chance the save may be corrupted, devs can’t fix that. Some people’s bugs might also be due their computer struggling to run the amount of official content they have installed, devs can’t fix that either, and again sometimes I doubt how honest people are when they complain about bugs when they say their specs are up to par.

So, in order not to derail my unpopular opinion is, the devs really do try very hard to fix as many bugs as they can as quickly as possible.

If that was even remotely true (it's not), we'd have a lot of bugs fixes by now. The "developers" only care about if something will make them money. Fixing bugs that have been in the game for YEARS just aren't a priority for them and never will be.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Also I'm pretty sure this is definitely unpopular, but the Sims 4 is too sandbox-y for me. I want more directed gameplay, "go here, do this" type stuff, missions and quests, backstory to townies and drama between them, chaotic things happening without me making them happen, spellcaster lore, etc. I want more story in the game, without me having to be a storyteller and make it myself
  • Options
    Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member

Now, I could be 100% wrong with my next statement and I have no way to prove it but, this is the correct thread to post it. My opinion is most, if not all the Likes and Awesomes this post has received in this short amount of time are from EA/Maxis employees. Anyone not born yesterday and that has past experience with their products knows what to expect from them, exactly what we have now.
    (Attention employees, be sure not to like this post so you can think I feel alienated. The fact is, the truth is often unpopular.)
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Justa_G00f wrote: »

Now, I could be 100% wrong with my next statement and I have no way to prove it but, this is the correct thread to post it. My opinion is most, if not all the Likes and Awesomes this post has received in this short amount of time are from EA/Maxis employees. Anyone not born yesterday and that has past experience with their products knows what to expect from them, exactly what we have now.
    (Attention employees, be sure not to like this post so you can think I feel alienated. The fact is, the truth is often unpopular.)

You're wrong there. I haven't got the foggiest chance of ever being an EA/Maxis employee and I liked it. :)B)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Also I'm pretty sure this is definitely unpopular, but the Sims 4 is too sandbox-y for me. I want more directed gameplay, "go here, do this" type stuff, missions and quests, backstory to townies and drama between them, chaotic things happening without me making them happen, spellcaster lore, etc. I want more story in the game, without me having to be a storyteller and make it myself

I agree with this. I love the Sims 4 but I’m struggling with the sandbox and having no real direction from the game or my sims. I keep finding myself drifting back to the older games in-between playing the Sims 4. I’m not much of a story teller and without direction from the game I often find that my gameplay becomes stale and repetitive. I miss having a proper wants system so much.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

If that was even remotely true (it's not), we'd have a lot of bugs fixes by now. The "developers" only care about if something will make them money. Fixing bugs that have been in the game for YEARS just aren't a priority for them and never will be.

Which part is untrue?
    1. That they can only fix what they can replicate on their end?
    2. That some people experience a bug and others don’t?
    3. That people fill their games with unofficial content and then are maybe not honest about what’s likely really causing problems?
    4. That people are trying to run the game on inadequate hardware and sometimes denying it’s inadequate?
    I’m not say there aren’t bugs I’m just saying that not all bugs are due to the actual game code, and the ones that are they do try to fix but it does take time. But this isn’t the place to keep going back and forth because it’s going to go far off topic.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

I agree with this. I love the Sims 4 but I’m struggling with the sandbox and having no real direction from the game or my sims. I keep finding myself drifting back to the older games in-between playing the Sims 4. I’m not much of a story teller and without direction from the game I often find that my gameplay becomes stale and repetitive. I miss having a proper wants system so much.
    Yeah I agree about the game not having any direction too. I hope we get a wants and fear systems too and mentioned about both things with the Sims 411.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Plumb0b_ClairePlumb0b_Claire Posts: 63 Member
    I always use Lamatisse's Bare Skintones for all my sims. They're far more beautiful and rich in colour than EA's. She did an amazing job on the darker tones and even updated the set to have paler tones. <3
    Here's my response to what I think will add depth to the basegame in the Sims 411 - Forum Feedback!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959481#Comment_17959481

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top