Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    I like the idea of Create a World, but for someone like me it was far too technical and I had absolutely no idea how to use it. I liked the “create custom neighbourhood” option in Sims 2, where you selected a template and just added the lots.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Not sure if these are unpopular and I think some folks in this thread mentioned it but going to say my piece anyways

I feel like the interactions when it comes to family members and romantic partners feel robotic at times or just pretty awkward?

First note romantic interactions, I get the shy kiss for teen sims but it seems a bit odd for some of my adult sims (depending on their personalities) and I feel like there isn't enough different styled romantic interactions? (I do play with mods but would be nice if there was more base game stuff)

Second note family interactions, same deal with not enough interactions but I feel like a lot of animations feel kinda off? There isn't enough warmth? I'm glad that group cooking is a thing now and kids can do a bit more now but I feel like there isn't enough

Also one more note to drop in

I would rather see Sims 2 Create a Neighborhood more than Sims 3 Create a World if we were going to get some kind of world creation tool eventually (if ever), I grew up with Sims 2 more than Sims 3 and I think the TS2 Neighborhood creation tool would fit more nicely in TS4
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • PixilatedPixilated Posts: 42 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    Doing the roofs is my favorite task when building.
    My least favorite part would be bedrooms.

I HATE roofs. I'll try really hard and fail miserably to the point that sometimes I just put half walls all around the top and call it a day.
    The fact that it's your favorite task is insane (in a good way) lol.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    The eyeball ring. Why? Just why?

---

Someone up above (I think it was @TARDISgrade) had an insightful post about their disdain for vampires. I tend to agree. Bloodsucking ectoparasites. I do, however, leave them in my game to see how long before I can drive them away from freshly created sims. You know they will keep whatever you give them in their inventory, right? Hint hint garlic as a friendly gift.

• hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    The eyeball ring. Why? Just why?

The story of my life.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    Pixilated wrote: »

I HATE roofs. I'll try really hard and fail miserably to the point that sometimes I just put half walls all around the top and call it a day.

I used to hate doing roofs too, at least the conventional way. Most of my builds these days are unique but goofy shapes (go figure) so, I had to reinvent how I did them. Depending on the design, I now end up breaking the roof up into much smaller pieces. I had a 40-something piece roof on my latest 50x50 creation. It certainly doesn't look typical but, I like unique, modern and art deco styling so, I thought it complimented the build well. 😁
    I'm not an expert builder by any means but would say somewhere in the intermediate zone. I owe that to tips, tricks and videos I found online.
    Thanks to all you Sim rockstars! 😎
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Personally, realism play is so boring. Zzz...
    Occults & Sifi is so much better.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    Unpopular opinion: I'm an occult player and I don't have a persecution complex about it.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited August 2021
    Justa_G00f wrote: »

I used to hate doing roofs too, at least the conventional way. Most of my builds these days are unique but goofy shapes (go figure) so, I had to reinvent how I did them. Depending on the design, I now end up breaking the roof up into much smaller pieces. I had a 40-something piece roof on my latest 50x50 creation. It certainly doesn't look typical but, I like unique, modern and art deco styling so, I thought it complimented the build well. 😁
    I'm not an expert builder by any means but would say somewhere in the intermediate zone. I owe that to tips, tricks and videos I found online.

Looking on the bright side. It's much easier to do roofs than it used to be! (That's probably an unpopular opinion too I expect)! B)
  • PixilatedPixilated Posts: 42 Member
    Justa_G00f wrote: »

"40-something piece roof" sounds terrifying. I'm now just starting to feel better about my 3-4 piece roofs, I can't imagine 40-something. Sounds incredible though. I might go watch some videos and see if I learn a thing or 2.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited August 2021
    I want The Sims 4 to end after another GP and EP so I can focus on modding the game without patches breaking mods custom content.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I don’t care about the premades or “lore”.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

Same here. In some games I care deeply about that sort of thing because they're primary driving factors for the reason those games exist. But this is not that kind of game.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Cooking together is a waste of time.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member

Same :sweat_smile: the first thing I do when I start a new save is evict all premades and if any of them are prominent characters (e.g. the Goths, the Landgraabs, etc) I delete them too.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    None of the dlc is worth it at full price.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    It's a waste of time watching Sims 411 as it only includes one pack and the base game. I want to see it with all packs included.

No wonder they rely on us to find out the bugs.

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    hymnhehim wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    ...I've been known to upload things to the gallery just to make a backup. Most of my stuff is awful.

Ah, an unpopular opinion! I wish we could mark our gallery items as private so we could use the cloud storage without worry of being shamed.

If you are in CAS/Build Mode you can go to the menu where you save the sims/builds and instead of clicking Upload to Gallery you click Save to Library, and it is saved to your library for just you to see. Unless you meant you upload your items for using on a different device, sorry, there's nothing private for that. (also sorry if you already knew about Save to Library and I wasted your time)

Yeah, cloud storage means storing things in the cloud -- on EA's servers in this case. In truth, my stuff isn't nearly as bad as I'm making it out to be -- some people have even favorited a few of my lots ;) But my reason for uploading isn't to share; it's to store.

I use the gallery for mostly the same reason. I mean it is nice to see something you uploaded is liked by others, but it doesn’t really bother me if someone uploads something I made to the gallery. Because, I figure they have changed it someway to their own liking anyway ( like I usually do ), And, with sims, I figured they have played them and have skilled them the way they want. Most things I have made was because I was going to use them anyway, so if someone else has a use for them too…. Great!
  • Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    It's a waste of time watching Sims 411 as it only includes one pack and the base game. I want to see it with all packs included.

No wonder they rely on us to find out the bugs.

Interns + customers = free labor
    Now get back to work! 😕
    But I have to look on the bright side. At least we can't get fired yet. 🤣
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    I love the vacuum kit! I love making my Sims do mundane chores. It's the only kit I've bought, and I have zero regrets.

Paranormal Stuff is my favorite stuff pack and I wish it had been at least a game pack... or even better, a full-blown expansion.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Sasquatch7 wrote: »
    I love the vacuum kit! I love making my Sims do mundane chores. It's the only kit I've bought, and I have zero regrets.

Paranormal Stuff is my favorite stuff pack and I wish it had been at least a game pack... or even better, a full-blown expansion.

I feel that Paranormal should've been a GP too!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I think this is unpopular but I want more worn down and trashy looking things in the Sims 4. Everything just looks way too clean cut and pristine.

I want grass, trees, plants, etc that aren't bright green and vibrant and instead looks a bit dull and dead. I want junkyards. I want old, falling apart houses in the backgrounds of worlds. I want rat infestations without having to place an item to summon them. Furniture that ages and gets tacky over time and needs replacing. Trash that accumulates in the street. Overgrown grass and swampy mud areas in the worlds. Just stuff that makes it feel a bit more worn down and realistic and less like an overly manicured dollhouse

I believe this is a pretty popular opinion? We’re missing a bunch of boarded up windows too and if there’s one item I need in my game right now it’s that window. Or those boards. Either/ Or.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Book specialization for authors should return. It was in Sims 3.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    edited August 2021
    Onverser wrote: »
    I think this is unpopular but I want more worn down and trashy looking things in the Sims 4. Everything just looks way too clean cut and pristine.

I want grass, trees, plants, etc that aren't bright green and vibrant and instead looks a bit dull and dead. I want junkyards. I want old, falling apart houses in the backgrounds of worlds. I want rat infestations without having to place an item to summon them. Furniture that ages and gets tacky over time and needs replacing. Trash that accumulates in the street. Overgrown grass and swampy mud areas in the worlds. Just stuff that makes it feel a bit more worn down and realistic and less like an overly manicured dollhouse

Same!

I've recently bought Eco Lifestyle because it does have a little bit of trash/abandoned stuff in BB mode, but it is not enough. I like creating abandoned/dilapidated houses, but I need proper crumbling walls, mould (there's a couple of stains available from the Strangerville pack, but it's not enough), damaged roofs & floors etc.

I would love an option to toggle on cobwebs that accumulate over time unless you clean them up (similarly to the fallen leaves in autumn with Seasons) and a similar toggle for building/furniture decay/wear. It could even be associated with a "mending" skill, distinct from the handiness skill.

I definitely need old, gnarled, damaged trees. All the trees look so perfect.

I also miss the junkyards from TS3 (and the sculpting skill)
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top