The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    dylancnovakdylancnovak Posts: 2 New Member
    I haven't logged into my Sims 3 game today, but my sim is currently a Band Manager as far as I know.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,219 Member
    @Brandontaylor

It has been slow on here I think.
    Great recent update. I start a new job soon, so will be nice to
    earn some money again.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,802 Member
    Langerak Family Update

nFyQuwr.jpg
    I finally took Dwight and Melanie's graves over to the family cemetery.

mw97sDX.jpg
    While there, I saw that Jessica decided to visit. She was the founders second child after Eric Jones.

Hnd5NCL.jpg
    Quinton was getting up there in age so I decided he should sell some of his inventory before he died. This way, his family don't get their inventory bombarded by all his collectibles.

QSI3YzE.jpg
    Daisy decided that she wanted to try and improve her relationship with Robert. It didn't increase much, but it is a start.

yhJRVw9.jpg
    I was busy in other places but I decided to check on other family members. However, I was shocked to see Hal autonomously flirting with Ariana and she seemed to reciprocate. The bad thing is, it later caused Quinton to accuse Ariana of cheating and she gained the cheater reputation. I used some LTP to clear out her reputation though, and used cheats to rid Quinton of the betrayed moodlet.

ISgc2Us.jpg
    Right after flirting with him, Ariana started to insult him which was kind of funny. It seems she's trying to tell him that he's brainless.

ixtlwIX.jpg
    A bit later, Daisy and Ariana decided to play chess together while Quinton played his drums. I almost forgot he even had them.

StQ8jj3.jpg
    Daisy went outside and photosynthesized out in the garden I never ended up planting. I think I'm gonna remove the gates and put more parking out there for the family cars.

9utCnSA.jpg
    To kind of fix the mistake Ariana made earlier in this update, I decided to have her and Quinton share some romantic time together. It won't be long before Quinton passes away, so I needed to make the most of his short time.

0MpDeLw.jpg
    Daisy had another concert, which gained her a lot of experience. I don't remember when she got her promotion during this playthrough, but I know she is at level 5 or 6 now.

pQ3DBki.jpg
    She had a fairly decent crowd, but most of them were her household.

61yknaD.jpg
    For breakfast the following day, Quinton didn't even sit with his family. I'm not sure why.

3eShtZw.jpg
    NfrSYVI.jpg
    A Simfest was going on so Daisy and the rest of the family went to watch it. Daisy tried to join it as well, but it didn't work.

***Part 2 coming up
  • Options
    Langerak Family Update

bkQlq2q.jpg
    ZN89LrA.jpg
    On the third day, Robert aged up to a young adult. He got a makeover after the second picture.

mJ5CKL6.jpg
    I got lucky and the whole family sat down together for the breakfast birthday cake. Some of them were getting pretty hungry by the time Robert aged up. He gained Family Oriented as his last trait, and I gave him the Surrounded by Family LTW. If I have to, I'll use cheats to make him have five kids but I don't know yet.

eKszdBV.jpg
    Hal needed to exercise for his job, but Daisy did it autonomously, and Robert did it because I felt like he needed to build up some muscles.

rUQNPmc.jpg
    When I checked on Ariana, she was working at the science station.

PVWCmaE.jpg
    Daisy had a bunch of jobs to do around town, and this lady seemed very excited to see her.

UKA7nyD.jpg
    Robert invited Carly Lucas over for a chat. They are currently still boyfriend and girlfriend because I can't get them engaged until she ages up. However, Robert asked her to move in with him, mostly because Cori Lucas is about to die. The other reason is so I can pick her last trait and it'll be easier for their impending wedding.

vX44WKK.jpg
    Only she and Hal were hungry at that moment, so I directed them to eat whatever we had on hand.

LoaxPVo.jpg
    At this point, Ariana still couldn't sleep with Quinton because he still thought she betrayed him. It wasn't until a bit later that I fixed it, like I mentioned in the previous update.

yu3xowO.jpg
    That following morning, the family decided to eat breakfast at the diner.
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 It has been, I guess that means everyone is busy.
    It's nice to make some money, congrats on the job!
  • Options
    Langerak Update

3skGK7e.jpg
    Ariana apologized to Quinton because of her flirtations with Hal. Oddly, Daisy didn't feel betrayed by Hal.

7zCbZE8.jpg
    Robert left the diner with his family so that he could have his high school graduation.

TAfDe7A.jpg
    QAA6Q5k.jpg
    Hal even tried to apologize to Quinton, but he wasn't having it and he rejected Hal's apology. Hal hated what he had done, so he threw a friendship elixir on Quinton, fixing their friendship.

WxasSPW.jpg
    Robert and Carly were invited to someones Spooky Day party. This is them in their costumes before going inside.

bExfg0u.jpg
    Robert had a nice time chatting with some of the partygoers, but Carly couldn't talk to most of them because they were all celebrities.

CAzDdRZ.jpg
    Hal had a reconnecting moment with Daisy. He felt like he needed to make up for his mistake of flirting with her mother.

cA1KCwg.jpg
    One night, Quinton went to bed like he normally did. Suddenly, his heart stopped beating, and his body disintegrated, leaving only his ghostly soul. Ariana, feeling her husband dying, woke up right before the Grim Reaper showed up.

Ifmd8ma.jpg
    After Hal's recent promotion, he now wears a suit in his detective work. Being a coward, it's surprising he even wants to be a police officer at all.

dwOl5xA.jpg
    Carly made an acquaintance at school and they started to build a friendship. I doubt it'll last though, due to the fact I'm moving Carly out with Robert soon.

X7reAjC.jpg
    Ariana inherited Quinton's possessions when he died. She decided to play the guitar that made him a famous rockstar in the past.
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited August 2021
    Nice Updates @Brandontaylor.
    Rest In Peace Quinton, and I hope things work out for Carly and Robert.
    As far as being busy ... I got busy mowing grass today ... B)
    Happy Simming!
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,219 Member
    edited August 2021
    @Brandontaylor

Thank you it's nice after two years without
    a job to finally find something.

So today's last makeover

UZ8AVgT.jpg

ZN2y9BD.jpg

Remove the makeup, switch hair and Ayden Van Gould turns handsome

• Options
    Breaking News:

Flower Power aka Daisy Langerak had her last concert today due to a glitch. The proprietor of Riverviews performance park, Catherine Child’s, disappeared from the town and caused a glitch with any performer. When clicking on Daisy, the menu for her wouldn’t come up but instead, Catherine would reset. Paparazzi in the area heard rumors that Mrs. Langerak has become an organ donor at the local hospital. This is BrandonTaylor, reporting for Sims 3 news. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Ladies' Night at the Hamble House
    The evening before Leisure Day.
    A pre-party when you can leave your spouses and kids at home ... :D

51382579222_10cc93953d_k.jpg

51382579287_64ee87d3e5_k.jpg

51383586188_2fa858d3e6_k.jpg

I shut it down around 9:00 so everyone could get some decent sleep the festivities the following day.
    Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Langerak Update

Od4ftNA.jpg
    Hank woke up first the next morning so it was his turn to cook breakfast.

XEDN5li.jpg
    Carly is the only one in the house that still has to use the toilet. She ended up clogging it, so I made her be the one who unclogged it.

PbwFXUx.jpg
    bZhMS9G.jpg
    Then it was time for Carly's birthday party.

Niriz4N.jpg?1
    Carly didn't need a makeover, because I already had an adult version of her saved.

SxrkWvz.jpg
    Robert asked her if she wanted to go on a date with him, and she said yes. I sent them over to the festival lot.

JZBvbr9.jpg
    The first thing they did was have an apple eating contest that neither one of them won. Cousin Michael Langerak won instead.

Q7lavCu.jpg
    It was getting colder outside and frost started to cover the ground. This didn't bother Carly or Robert due to the fact they were keeping each other warm.

IKdi2pC.jpg
    Robert then asked Carly if she would marry him. She replied that she would, and they became an engaged couple.

GfzQc2H.jpg
    Daisy had a wish to sell 5 albums, and she sold her first one to Catherine Childs, the proprietor. This is before the glitch happened.

VypRHB5.jpg
    Shortly after, it was time for Daisy's latest concert. The family showed up, as did a few others.

MkqQg2e.jpg
    In the middle of the night, a few of the older deceased family members showed up in the family graveyard. I ended up using debug enabler to bring more of them out. I had to laugh when Eric Jones snuck up behind his sister Jessica and scared her.

AlwLzDY.jpg
    That following day, Robert and Carly had a small wedding with the rest of the household in attendance. With it being winter, I didn't feel like having a ton of guests and also it was due to the fact Robert isn't the heir. I then had them move out, but not before giving them $225,000 which was 25% of the Langerak family funds.

***The rest of my updates will be posted tomorrow. It's currently 10:32 PM and there are a few things I need to do before I go to bed. I'll also continue feedback tomorrow as well.
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited August 2021
    Karl Helgason and his family of 16 moved away from civilization and bought a house on the countryside in the middle of nowhere.
    51384758675_559723e6c3_k.jpg
    The house is old and quite dark, but I believe 16 sims (so far) and a dog will be able to make it come to life a little bit :p
    51384012683_04adbd253e_k.jpg

51383996703_5984045805_k.jpg
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    I’ll do comments and post updates after a while. I recently started reading this thread from page 1 to this current page. So far, only made it to Page 33. I didn’t start sharing until at least the 2500th page but think it was farther.
  • Options
    @BlackSand Thank you, it seems weird not having Quinton around.
    So far, Carly and Robert seem to be doing okay. However, all houses are full so they are considered homeless by the game.
    Looks like the ladies are having a nice time.

@Silverofdreams30 I bet, I went several years without a job until I got hired at Walmart. Not too many options for employment in my hometown.
    Another great makeover!

@ZhakiraP Nice house!
  • Options
    Langerak Update

R0IYRHN.jpg
    After the two days of mourning were up, Ariana decided it was time to start dating again. She accepted the first phone call she got, but this Keaton descendant is already married so she left the date early.

k0fO3WP.jpg
    MNh9L9x.jpg
    Hal and Daisy had some alone time together while Ariana was busy.

VbQxDc8.jpg
    Since it was winter, I decided to plant the resulting seed in their bedroom. However, the seed went dormant due to the winter. I used cheats to change the season to spring so the baby can be harvested sooner rather than later. I also had to cheat Daisy's gardening up to plant the seed.

oWqCKN7.jpg
    While Daisy did some other things, Hal played chess with Ariana.

9Pvbw6k.jpg
    Later on in the day, I realized that Ariana had an option to write comic books. I didn't know that existed in game, so I had her start working on one.

8YHFNPi.jpg
    ct4fotw.jpg
    Quinton decided to come back for a visit early in the morning hours. Daisy found him outside and had a chat with him before giving him a happy goodbye hug.

IhFpVnm.jpg
    Ariana made acquaintances with an alien not long ago so I had her invite him over to visit. I was just going to see if she was attracted to him or not, but she wasn't.

2bgkQ1O.jpg
    Somehow, Daisy's relationship with Hal went down so I checked to see what she thought of the alien. She wasn't impressed by him, so I made up my mind to rebuild her relationship with Hal. They loved each other enough to woohoo, but they had a very low relationship bar.

ecKWOyu.jpg
    Daisy used her new gardening skill to take care of her unborn Plantsim baby.
  • Options
    Langerak Update part 2

srekjEH.jpg
    Ariana didn't have much warning when she passed away. I had some things planned for her, but I didn't get to do them.

aLxeTMJ.jpg
    Hal got woken up early in the morning to go to work. I kind of hate when that happens because he then has to sleep most of the morning and sometimes into the afternoon, unless he was scheduled for that day. Then he doesn't get enough sleep.

N6XIXGy.jpg
    A different alien showed up to the house when Hal got home so he had a chat with this one.

Dciteix.jpg
    When roaming through the house, I saw that one of the previous partygoers had trapped the sink. I sent Hal over to disable it.

6lJzDqI.jpg
    I also decided to have Daisy re-strengthen the family bond with her uncles, aunts, and cousins. However, she got called away to sing for some random townie.

xAhrNeS.jpg
    After that, I had her join a SimFest at the performance park. This was still before the glitch with the proprietor.

dfumqAj.jpg
    Daisy had a wish to increase her cooking skill so I decided to have her do that, and learn several recipes. The only other Sim in the family who knew most, if not all recipes, was her Great Great Grandfather, Chris Jones.

svUtFgr.jpg
    After reading several books, she went upstairs to talk with the unborn child.

QT7wOKY.jpg
    This time, Daisy and Hal decided to woohoo in the shower. I don't want them having another child yet, but they may have one sometime after number one is born.

B80dZMe.jpg
    Hal needed some more athletic skill points for work, so while Daisy went to perform for some people, he exercised.

kngAzdi.jpg
    On one of her trips, Daisy met the legendary Don Lothario. Don didn't try to flirt with her or anything.

AyuRFNN.jpg
    xWmKXFY.jpg
    Lastly, little Jason Langerak was harvested. Since Hal did it, Jason would normally look like Hal and only be his kid since Plantsims are weird. I cheated Daisy as his mother, and I'm going to make a combined genetics version of Jason to replace the original genetics. I want a mixed child to carry on the Langerak genes. If it looked like Hal only, all genetics would be lost.
  • Options
    DSDragonDSDragon Posts: 1 New Member
    TWICE in the same in-game week, my sim was scared out of her wits by something that shook the house, broke her stuff (TV, bathtub, computer, sink), and left a few stinking messes in her yard the next morning. I have NO IDEA what happened. Can anyone enlighten me? She's 100 days old.

Playing on Xbox 360 in Moonlight Bay.
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    @Brandontaylor Thank you!
    It is so interesting to see your Sunset descendants.
    Can´t wait to see what Jason will look like growing up! :)
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 819 Member
    edited August 2021
    Going to try and install The Sims 3 for the fourth time through Steam. Hopefully it should work as I had a disk cleanup yesterday. So I'm going to spend my birthday trying to reinstall the Sims 3. That's why I haven't played on The Sims 3, so hopefully, I should get the game running up soon.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2021
    Lost interest in the game recently so I decided to make a new save and a new family. I'm only gonna be playing with the male sim but I wanted to add some backstory and family to him this time, so this is the family!
    Screenshot-10.jpg

Jodie Fletcher (brown hair) is the mother of Cameron and Travis Fletcher (back) and she's now dating Sherry Bartley-Fletcher.
    Screenshot-12.jpg

Her young adult kids, Cameron and Travis.
    Screenshot-13.jpg

Sherry also has a daughter of her own, Candy.
    Screenshot-15.jpg
    Their grandmother on Jodie's side also lives with them as they didn't want her to be lonely in her old age
    Screenshot-14.jpg

Only trouble is, there isn't room for all of them. So they're all getting bunk beds! Even grandma! Sadly there's no privacy for Jodie and Sherry, but they find their moments when grandma's out feeding the (imaginary) ducks at the park.
    Screenshot-20.jpg

They live in a small townhouse in Mayfield Springs
    Screenshot-29.jpg
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 819 Member
    edited August 2021
    Fourth attempt at reinstalling The Sims 3 failed, so decided to update Steam and try again. If it fails again, I'm going to just try and installing the Base Game then the DLCs after that and see if it's the laptop trying to install everything at once.

Fifth attempt failed. I'm going to try and install the Base Game. This has been going on since my laptop crashed last month

Attempt number six failed. Going to clean up Registry to see if there's a corrupted file on there and then try installing the Base Game.

Checked, don't have corrupted file, but going to reinstall the Base Game then play for a few minutes and see if that works with the install and the folders
    After seven tries, I have finally managed to start playing, and decided to start a new Save. I've actually posted the first part of the story up.
    Post edited by Sleepstar on
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,434 Member
    SunsetValley_MCC_header.png

Chapter 6; Part Two

Kids and Other Calamities

In the words of Fleet Admiral Toshio “Animal” Nakamura

To be asked by Captain Benton if she could take a sample of my DNA was rather disconcerting to say the least; and I was speechless for a long moment trying to, in my mind, figure out what it was that was prompting her to try to get a sample. There were two other unattached males in the bunker that needed mates however none of the two invoked Captain Benton’s interest. Least of all Commander Philip Burrows.
    AVvXsEgzqPO287AtNbM3G8kL6RT71aOSzefKwfc6NgzySm1_q1ptoxhI4eVM02fIEINyFmVlrK9RX4BM9hKXi92p2dBCpqeyHr0WyO2IK8PnNG7N9TyaWhJXDbVk7yC6d0rupVH35fg-TWXzH8QWQKoNszvnyPCFzb-ehIrgBA6eBZetzDljjdMtg1m04RJhSA
    “Sir, I know that this is going against the Uniform Code of Military Justice and blowing the fraternization rules to smithereens, but sir, you have to admit that this is extenuating circumstances, wouldn’t you agree?” Kimber had approached me in my quarters while I was not prepared to be meeting up with guests.
    AVvXsEimY6WAlJDWycezeJBlXanWmadTjna769-C-ZKteJZLsdHN0oAgr3WKOQTO17W96tMB5fhBQiPgsBlYao4nsL7RL719-G2tQmzQ8M_qsVEyBA_fmLuh0b2b_YegGrP3AJWyqla9pKk6f2Rr2lugn546FFwi0exNGQSapq7dAfiMa2TkBZzjBLMY0jMHBQ
    “I’m not sure, Captain, what your argument is here, but I’d have to agree that this has to be some form of extenuating circumstance in terms of what the regulations allow. Admittedly, we have a group that isn’t going to run afoul of the UCMJ in terms of anything other than perhaps insubordination or perhaps treason and I doubt that will be of any use, considering the fact that the atmosphere is poisoned – there really is no way to communicate with any other foreign parties.” I said in reply.
    AVvXsEgUD3TaNF6x7tBc0zg-YY2Tix3CxywMOhP0J1LMr6QqSlmBHADRGYdmo2d8yVhpb9K0fwKyjv540U3EJgq91hjxwnEj6y4mEZ59eY9tIpYdgWF8USJnck1KPHWAOgNvDNJy42W2CS9j0hLCOq8e9AsspiSDCgPrj-GFRPepwalhoM5OoEnVyKmvvRdY4g
    AVvXsEgu-whFUB437HkQPk8nUu8H-IHVJQfeEAVoRibDRza9MgaBJLZJPD_xms8neMJ43WYivnPF3Q8hvdTnoU4_pEHPGLCDWzmGJ01KZCH241ymerq3wghaYH6KGCAwSkqRvqIvtMtrMqrHJzYSC5GEMhlqgoORm0rD3G0JVZVCey5OfbDgM0Nj0ME4ullCIQ
    “Sir, we’ve served together for a long time.”

“That we have, Captain Benton.”

“I have to tell you something, sir.”
    AVvXsEjr2pIwfn49W28BDGqY4EZpgZPUS4et9BfRzO9YZtVjG_fkyPbiLq3Ge8iwH7S-xxt2a518DLxo70Qi69QNWU7gDg-DkrFUnSKy_Pz2KVzuRdqj77cYQ0NebAPFL3srAadPTFZD24G0t0ZS2PmvZF1e83WJv4o27-fRp5f0nn8vLvFimgJ9_DhZOzgEvA
    AVvXsEg6i43EgotQrqJ7rby0oTXIj4KuE0m7fgbbiUBmYKfqoV92tkwm1RqyCasLAN7Ohu4Qqz4uqUrx-3QppIxuiozNkiKTwzDQUg244pHMEKycig5yWBVyw5rX6g-fRyaTjIw1x1aCGKyBHpEG5ctEDigcodJXNNYjpbIOtQPX75NiZy_vD-nSNHB1FTL4hw
    AVvXsEiLVsbBIGY6ruiYZTmmcLglG6Nxj3yFMQjOQWQMSbYMUzf18RKfBiGzbhco086E09ZDDmUAPnL9YArMVS7IeEzKKlMOg790qU3oisI6PZhSMavu5xpP9n73J1BlHYQjFFEt7folKES6m1rMfI9qXd2lNYx_oGQvWB8j0lUV5UAjb5hB5ED_GGr6YqwYBQ
    Oh no, here it comes. I thought to myself as I looked into her eyes. She had always been my wing-man protecting my six when we were in the air. We were a tight team, my RIO, her RIO, she and I. The group of four that crewed our two F-14 Tomcats...and my jaw dropped open when she told me that she loved me with every essence of her being, but that she couldn't take me away from Meg, the woman she knew that I loved, but that my team-mate through three wars, Desert Storm, Bosnia and the Second Iraqi War was going to settle for second best and create a clone of me to bed. I basically had absolutely no words for that. “Did you talk to Meg?” was my only question once I could trust myself to speak. I think I was too afraid that my brain was going to explode or something.
    AVvXsEi-8sS7quV1uWmPUqekjgB9SlLhgtE6MOciAIB3Bk0Kt42TzoGbWrD7wCqOWtGevKWIGuUr57Uz1all0nB98HIHbHEil7wpKibGnT3TfLLP-Axs9JTK9iWfupRwMfi9mCRIGMzm9gwvEMZ6zQbAyV5CpQt5sL4I8TcgdjNGJPpjLCQ6OueM0_JpCfIxXA
    “I did...” was her answer – short and simple. Jugs was always a straight shooter, the same way she flew, no fancy stuff, by the book and deadly. So I knew that she was being straight with me. She wasn’t about to sneak around behind Meg’s back. So I gave her the DNA that resulted in Katsuo.
    AVvXsEgmaY-slhgkcJhSHKyWxwZ-ExdIzsPRYOHVpoL_xlPcAk93AUkNM0vgBRWYkJrobEolUaPfAzg_-PMkT77S91QA5GokLR-BY4nEg-Fr7scMJIwWm3zsms7NTY61bw_Q0TYe72eqTpsc2tW415N8UzKDrR8zgju-bsLVZV-E7U5xzgi1NEy4GlL1cojJTg
    AVvXsEhaGTMrGAi1bLMVQw5YOlPd2nJpqUH-BHaVYUBALmbs0BTODi2RFXriJs8mDYcXzbEAUHaUl2Bev1xvmS5rLnFWY7G-ce2L6eOptNY5QvUtkc_NsvayrcIZZ87hgaFgvgmWazu_Xppakk_A0j7WWX_j0R3G75ojr17XWcuejYkQDmt99yk7vyAlF_oHcA
    AVvXsEj-8QcVWNx-96d4q4D58Ya2QRetJwaoXMPlXxTD39yG7jX9SmYYFey3oB0LFIrlkw-lu60U7nIK8QUDR1wJfeV-Vsm-I3QOBsglj9ZX6ESMooCsdmEoFkkFyVkwa3fYtP2M8sSA96uYh-snTxYnXFq7Ws7Iyjs8o6WW7fkDQoQM5pdSpiAbHo8ObgHIDA
    AVvXsEjGd7i5LToNtLjaAy_RaCHtyB2EsK2pLQ2p7CY--sHuJWowol06nDVZBLLotf-dt7RK_B3XtOMbWRjHMhArViQQkmR205eeuEe1fd3iPjxjWGoMheBGEGHY7ZikVnfyOzC6ckH2NiahHsa2aB9fVRPYTRoU9PpeZzcSFlVNsWq2Ucj3s_ztmMLatOhkCA
    AVvXsEgeoZkFxMyF91CEoem1UjK6NEQEhaz0Rr6pg7GF5ra5QeF_-D6iucmnTtAXqw0M4Iy1S5X3wIkc2wIksaGUa_yvT3qckJUTK4u6zvkM5Jkane1l38q1W7dGzbxF8YJYVcbA2JYAOprlubyUtE757uBlpWS5wyabld48qPKtsnHCK8ENRXARkteFeTFO8A
    AVvXsEhMDhGRMp8q9PSLxjlBUO6Aj0k-WNCWWeM-G5bVALsRLHO8G_Fav6DsyU0hiFM37tDolwKA6m6QYdycsrJvVT4xRf6fmquN2Szs_dZwe61B8YtF1qpTrONF9CcrNC9sMeG5g_v7f7JaCRH5G7mfO52xdMVEX0RBngTd9ArvIeH5brNBxFekA69Xa_0P4A
    I don’t know if Commander Burrows will forgive me for that, but I’m the CO of the bunker and well, my job is to make sure that the bunker stays secure and if that means making certain people happy that have the power to make my life miserable, then so be it. And at least now we knew that cloning was a viable method of repopulating the town if it came to that so that there would be no genetic defects. Along with the cloning, we found out more about DNA and how to repair damaged genetic coding to ensure the continued health of the generations. Also we were able to adjust the genetic code to eliminate genetic mutations that were detrimental to the continued longevity of our species. This was something that wasn’t foreseeable but we were grateful to the medical breakthrough of our two medical staff, CMCPON Jennifer Coates and Lieutenant Bebe Hart.
    AVvXsEh8s3O-3G6S7rzsqPXJeOhwi5UFcIKnHmLy8N-cRQX_qiNBqqsYTbiX875Po8xLMREELjU3_1qcYdQzFBLYDGVpu9M565_tUfPMn4xJ0nLOdD47eQEYycuxGOLz-i0Is17oZ-f7QXmZZT-fIlNhDYIHdEZlRR21ZkY8M5WpHKLrRaZ1sX_vZ-qDfzOHXA
    AVvXsEgudIsZoNQO6ta4qVKjY2jxATtpuOQ2BQYU6imwIC3JQiSZ9y3atzzfaZYsoO8Eq2B_ZfQNVNRgrpxyFwCIA91nMk8H-rO-8eRGRjHZKLtzML5j-0DDi9q2KSzCtsQKv13KU_9GoowTOzS7NAYDAQpUq5T3KNQ_D6eJVPVHBT5ZY8XOWGnNp41FwPcENA
    I had no idea what we would do in terms of the two civilians left in the group so I discussed it with Meg. Meg came up with the idea that we could commission Haruo as the agricultural officer in charge of the food supplies and other items with the rank of Lieutenant and River as morale officer in charge of keeping the bunker supplied with things that would help keep morale up. All three ranks including the medical officer commissions would be to the rank of Lieutenant or O-3. Normally, one has to have a United States Citizenship to become an officer in the United States Military, but we had no more United States, no more Canada. This had become a blasted out global village and our military structure was within our bunker.
    AVvXsEiqs-oIZgdFBT7u-jGhN_3pLXREDf5wPjNWgoyrmJ436-0fyWxaKL4pAsOClVeSSH4uDXV5r1RxPKkbtBUEh67dSAPCMQq4X_rITw3GtFLisV9nBu8D3uBLJkYVUCvtl-KUyCuOQMwCtulGzA_eqH1U8Gv2NHpmplO7foeqTVb1WlAg7xPBGVfkob3New
    AVvXsEh4kmWWwZCSdELEwwUYNxJIxw74I2lfwK8WurQ5X9jI7193FyXFXoLKAgpN9fKpKMozttMLHqZjMZRMYWUEIoCTPyWXF3k6udQzp9c5xSFQKUySLZh30BiOWd6ALIy4AVxJ7Du3TQUd5begja1hlNKcQ3ik5-a9_OPNHggUj9Eg2nL8jtcGZsGbOsfAoA
    AVvXsEhb6EuXGHcnjnlBAYa_ErbhT2E9W1a3j6z1vLWyikUE7V7f5hkFeQkkqua6hfs_RIUK_XQ55yDYwP7EcELCQ4AcwpW7zJQDV0mVYB_yZ1BqncBCE7gTXxxfPtWEn0-sQaP6_D0BcGb4BqImdz51lhaZaWItdp6FH0XyKuXJHfOmazYOUzmpiIvfRUDM4w
    AVvXsEg08wqAnRYkUoRSNxTOPRI5CdzHLbfVL8LsYDMqTnm6FV_UzrRZmUckQ9DNCv_t9pavMdfmCtvpSw0-7H1prTGFi_pxpxM7-9WCjcWoaroXqLy6eZi0ud2G4S0w1mLE8CRzqfxl4Fhi6lQu2YsiA-xCSSZOF_L7awtgwuKgBcSBjxg1fTENprQx7c-fRQ
    And Mac remained our sole US Marine though that would soon change as Mac had insisted that we have not only AI in our Marine Corps ranks but human bodies as well and thus most of the next generation were going to be trained as Marines with the exception of those who would be trained as medical staff keeping on the tradition of Navy corpsmen who took care of the wounded Marines. Filling out our ranks was something that we were looking forward to. It was one of the first ways that we would be able to establish some normalcy after the bombs. At least what normalcy could be salvaged from a situation where we were living out of a hole in the ground. But that’s the new normal that we had to contend with insofar as post-nuclear apocalyptic day-to-day living was concerned. Thankfully a lot of the group had managed to get used to the situation quite quickly.
    AVvXsEhXTIYdLqrooSD59ydt_pJtw-w97mpTqsMQ_V0vYj-yhVWNrKrfInQIr1L1RGO4age2kt4jaA1nUnejRq1vsKujBkAkAzt1UgS47soFHZozL08vCC2epN7INgSwFxf8XsVnsXGengmLcnopRW3WbE0EMdXYK4WIffARD_AAYt4TYDd33zCB5I2ORAkYcQ
    Every day we would hope for a change in the conditions; a reduction of the overall radioactive soot in the atmosphere, a reading from the ground that showed that the saturation of radioactive particles was deteriorating, allowing safe passage from this area to perhaps yet another area where we could somehow survive until we were able to establish a foothold genetically – where we weren’t about to become extinct in one generation. From what Lieutenant Hart was able to tell us, that genetic variation was going to be the key to our survival. Which meant that we had to somehow survive until the generations were enough that we were able to escape this bunker when the radiation came down to acceptable levels where we could take the risk to leave our bunker and eventually, the area. My mind keeps going back to movies like The Roadand books like The Last Ship. This is the situation that we’re in now; where humanity’s last remnants are clinging to life in a desperate attempt to survive. The question mark is: will we bring ourselves back from the brink of extinction. That is a question to be answered by future generations, if there is a future.
    AVvXsEhMQTwT7tgRO3HhsHnuue8-inqbKAmaSaqR4RTyDVYf4OfVeJtFz7Ixc-q46lcscC2WFd1XADzgi0hX8scHv5H248l1izsNLKfJLiwV8itofXCZGqFxAGbJhxWCi7aH_kVDsxNKtyGNa61yFyBPdKWXHc4mWo_hLIbbWY5OVdro0CT7NCYLF5PYfpQH6A
    Excerpt from “The Threat of Extinction; Humanity’s Survival After the Nuclear Holocaust” by Fleet Admiral Toshio Nakamura, (MOH recipient) and Terry O’Callaghan

It cannot be stressed enough that nuclear weapons were nearly the downfall of human existence on this planet. The nuclear genie in a bottle could not be contained and the misguided idea that three nuclear superpowers wielding such weapons of mass destruction in a Mexican stand-off would lead to deterrence against annihilation was sheer hubris on the part of those who dreamed up that strategy. In my years at the top of the Navy pecking order, there was never any doubt that once the keys were turned at the command centers in the missile silos and in the launch centers of the ballistic missile submarines, there was no turning back; that humanity was on a course to wipe themselves off the face of the earth. How we managed to sleep at night knowing that we held the power of life or death over seven billion people on this planet was a miracle; that we could conduct our nuclear launch drills without cracking mentally was nothing short of incredible. Such was the discipline drilled into those who we entrust with our safety and our freedom.

Note by Terry O’Callaghan – It is interesting that the Fleet Admiral still utilizes the old sawhorse of “freedom” to engender rationale for the actions taken by US military high-command in the spring of 2019. Even five hundred years later, it is interesting that the illusory ideals of freedom and safety are still bandied around like the hundreds of thousands of nationalistic flags that are woven into the jingoistic fabric of resurgent Earth society.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,434 Member
    Page 4227

@CravenLestat - Dammmm... He looks exactly like the Big Smoke from the GTA Series - San Andreas. I'd try to make Trevor, but unfortunately, I don't really have that many brows that I can choose from.

@Silverofdreams30 - Kaitlyn looks great.

@bekkasan - Your story with Damien and Mary is absolutely compelling and pulls the reader in. Not only have you got me rooting for Damien and Mary; you have me enthralled with Bekka and Jamie.

@BlackSand - Some awesome looking houses. Beautiful work, yet again.

@AlexaKry - love how you tie in the emotions into your story regarding Sif's fear of losing Tyler and how his "avoidance" can make her doubt herself. Great work. The pictures tie in perfectly.

@bekkasan - love the Jade Paradise world - your sims are awesome looking. Love the 1st picture as well as the second where the both of them are checking out the fan flag, made me chuckle at Skye's expression of "What the heck's this?" Shane: "I dunno,..maybe we should just tack it to the wall?"

@BlackSand - That Chula Vista estate is a nice one. I need to play in Hidden Springs more. :D Maybe I'll have River and Haruo (in my legacy) move to Hidden Springs after they get married along with Bebe and her man.

@bekkasan - I hope Jamie talks to Bekka about taking on that role for Damien...she might have a few choice words about helping Damien with his "undercover" work. :mrgreen:

@Silverofdreams30 - Nice makeover on Patty Younan; her male alternate is interesting too.

Page 4228 (partial)
    @Brandontaylor

It has been slow on here I think.
    Great recent update. I start a new job soon, so will be nice to
    earn some money again.

@Silverofdreams30 - Good luck on your new job. Congratulations.

@Brandontaylor - I'm going to have to go back and read up on all of your Langerak legacy. Because I've lost track of where and what generation you're in now. Sorry to hear about Quinton's passing.

@ZhakiraP - that's a really nice house. :) Large, maybe a little dark and gloomy, but hey, I'm sure they'll liven it up shortly. :D

@Onverser - Sherry and Jordie make a cute couple.

@Sleepstar - hope things go better with trying to reinstall the Sims 3
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @ZhakiraP You're welcome.
    Thanks, several Sunset descendants came with on the move to Riverview. I know that most of them are either Langeraks, Wolff's, Keatons, and of course Ursine, Frio, Sekemoto, and Steel are in the mix too. As for Riverview Sims, I know Hal Breckenridge is tangled up in the family tree, and there are a few others.
    He's definitely going to be unique, that's for sure. I'm going to make several male Sims using Daisy and Hal's genetics until I come up with a Sim I like.

@Onverser Nice family!

@Nikkei_Simmer I guess it would be a shock if someone asked for your DNA.
    Even more so when she wants to clone him.
    It's a good thing they have some top notch people in the bunker.
    When they are allowed outside again, the world sure will be different. It's hard to tell what would form in the absence of Canada and the U.S. They could go back to the way they were, or new countries could form in the territories.
    I just recently read somewhere that the estimated amount of humans in real life needed to start repopulating Earth would be 80 people. Of course, don't need that many in the Sims world, and I think a smaller number than 80 could still work fine.
    Speaking of the Langeraks, I need to update the story thread with all my recent posts.
    Currently, I just had Daisy give birth to generation 6.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,094 Member
    edited August 2021
    Does anyone use ultimate careers mod? If so where can I get lots?

@Nikkei_Simmer

I did a GTA 5 story once may go back to doing it again

116733501_609141006676822_1072018952090023472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=PEKF0CZ59OEAX957u0h&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=28bef08721e6bd37e13df585d8fac0a5&oe=6144FA24
    Scene with Trevor reuniting with Michael(I changed Franklin to Francine as it was a romance story)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top