Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited August 2021
    There was the great time a while ago when I sent a child Sim to bed, only for her to get back out again and… pass out. *eyeroll*

Sims are incredibly facepalm-worthy sometimes 😂 my favourite one is the sim that goes up three sets of stairs and through a hallway to use the sink in the attic bathroom, instead of the one that is right next to them in the kitchen.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    IF two or more people are talking about a TV show what would they talk about?

If it's anything like my family it'll be like this:

"Oh, it's him...I like him. He was in that thing with you know who. You know! Oh, what's his name? You know! You DO know! That show where they were all in black and they did that thing"

(Right in the middle of some expository dialogue)..."thinking about lunch tomorrow, what would everyone like in their sandwiches?"
    "Wasn't the weather nice today?"
    "Have you heard anything from your friend lately?"
    "Waffle...waffle...waffle...I'm not paying attention to the show and I'm assuming you're not either"

And certain, older male members of my family are like this during a TV show. "YAAAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNNN! (as loudly as possible)...tut, tut, tut...oh dear, I'm nearly falling asleep...this is such a daft show, does anyone else agree? No? Well I think it's daft YAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNNN!"
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @CathyTea @_sims_Yimi and to whomever else are interested... I deleted my WP blog and account three days ago. My decision has nothing to do with not writing SimLit anymore, but to burn away all the negativity and pain that tainted the blog. Let the phoenix rise from the ashes, in due time.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Hi Everyone

Hope I can post this here. I am starting a new challenge - I'm A Survivor - Survivor Challenge and need your sims.

Check out this link in the forums for more details. SEE HERE. Thanks so much :)

survivor-campfire-stories.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    My Sim’s cow won third place in a competition. And guess what? There were only two cows. Umm… what? There was also no result given for the milk competition. *shrugs*

i once told alec go to bed aprently that translates to whoo with your wife.

alecs logic you said go to bed not go sleep. at lest thats how i picture it in my head.

Apparently telling a kid to go use the public toilet means "oo make a mess on the grass" :D

i think sometimes people think its weird i don't micromange the benders. but they have their own ideas so i tell them something and sometimes it gets translayed by them a differnt way. one thing about them tough they are never boring, plus i stop arguing cause ocassionally their right. don't tell ayden i said that he'll say i told you so.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    IF two or more people are talking about a TV show what would they talk about? Like what's say it's a Soap Opera TV show? I'm guessing one of the things they might talk about (ok I know very little about soap operas, beside the fact of 1) complicated plots , 2 )the possibility of someone who is presumbed dead not being dead 3)the original soap operas on the Radio were sponsored by Soap companies hence the name Soap operas) is if there might me more then 1 romantic interest for a character ? So they might be "Team A" or "Team B" etc? What else would they talk about the Soap opera?

@MadameLee Who's talking? Just your average people? If it's just average people and the soap opera is full of drama, their could be excited chatter about a prediction - like I knew it was him! Did you know it? I knew it the whole time. I think next time he's going to ... It could be about a murder, amnesia, a secret child, a car accident, an affair, a kidnapping, a work scandal or anything else really. If it's people who are into analyzing, they could talk about the cinematography, the score, the costumes, the Bechdel test and those kinds of things.
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,771 Member
    i think sometimes people think its weird i don't micromange the benders. but they have their own ideas so i tell them something and sometimes it gets translayed by them a differnt way.

It's not weird; sometimes, when I don't have an idea for where to take a story, I leave it up to RNG do to the storytelling for me and go from there : 3

they/them or she/her
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    IF two or more people are talking about a TV show what would they talk about? Like what's say it's a Soap Opera TV show? I'm guessing one of the things they might talk about (ok I know very little about soap operas, beside the fact of 1) complicated plots , 2 )the possibility of someone who is presumbed dead not being dead 3)the original soap operas on the Radio were sponsored by Soap companies hence the name Soap operas) is if there might me more then 1 romantic interest for a character ? So they might be "Team A" or "Team B" etc? What else would they talk about the Soap opera?

@MadameLee Who's talking? Just your average people? If it's just average people and the soap opera is full of drama, their could be excited chatter about a prediction - like I knew it was him! Did you know it? I knew it the whole time. I think next time he's going to ... It could be about a murder, amnesia, a secret child, a car accident, an affair, a kidnapping, a work scandal or anything else really. If it's people who are into analyzing, they could talk about the cinematography, the score, the costumes, the Bechdel test and those kinds of things.

Well sort of average teens. One of the people talking is a princess.. but the others are a group of while mean girls she's a part of. She's trying to get the other girls' attenion off of the other Princess (the one's twin sister). Oh there's are the M word, an accident, kidnapping, etc in what I'm going to imagine in-world is a TV show. I might have to play through the story again to make notes, of what could be discussed.. since each eposide will end with a cliffhanger. Including the Season finale.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    mom and i just had a conversation thats almost as funny as the ayden conversation i make up here. except i won with ayden i never do/

she wanted to know what i want to do for my birthday wrdnesday is how it started unlilke ayden i can't remember what i said probably i'll think about it ,
    then just as we were pulling in to the complex where i live i said you know my birthday is tuesday righy. she looked it up.

and i was right i may not remember that day but i know what day i was born. also itsmy only adulting day.
  • Options
    What has annoyed Edna this time? Chapter 118, Lunch Date.

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2021/08/chapter-118-lunch-date.html

tWOVqxi.png

no idea she should be happy lunch out what could be better okay i prefer food at home but thats because i'm picky. as a kid i sometimes played a game called sampler platter. me i'm not hungry mom and dad off stuff from their plates.
    yes its a true story.
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,771 Member
    New chapter out:
    Vitriol: Chapter 2
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Two new chapters this time. Wordpress randomly decided not to display one of the screenshots in 1.25, but the link works. Yes, same options i used on allt he resst, so I don't know what's up.

1.24 New Home
    1.25 Chaos Arrives
    image.png
  • Options
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    i think sometimes people think its weird i don't micromange the benders. but they have their own ideas so i tell them something and sometimes it gets translayed by them a differnt way.

It's not weird; sometimes, when I don't have an idea for where to take a story, I leave it up to RNG do to the storytelling for me and go from there : 3

or in my case i run out of ideas and the benders run amuck. seriously i can't rember the last year i had control of the story. lat year i got only a tiny bit bored so i played lets try this and broke up noel and lauren, this time i had to break them up again because she hates his guts. lol i guess lauren doesn't understand what expriment means. and shes a dr. i think ayden does know what reincarnation means everytime he feels old my save breaks.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    edited August 2021
    My Henford-on-Bagley family lost their dog :(:( Happened in the son’s bedroom, which is pretty sad. They’re all sobbing. RIP Lily, you’ll be missed!

Edited to add: Now the Grim Reaper is watching the comedy channel on the family’s TV. Even he likes to catch up with the chat shows!
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited August 2021
    My Henford-on-Bagley family lost their dog :(:( Happened in the son’s bedroom, which is pretty sad. They’re all sobbing. RIP Lily, you’ll be missed!

Edited to add: Now the Grim Reaper is watching the comedy channel on the family’s TV. Even he likes to catch up with the chat shows!

@Lucy_Henley Aww, I'm sorry to read that. RIP, Lily. <3

I haven't yet experienced the loss of a Sims pet. I'm really not looking forward to it. We are pet people at our house--rescue doggo and rescue kitty. I hope the Grim Reaper will provide a bit of comic relief when, and if, he pays my Sims a visit.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    SimTresa wrote: »
    My Sim’s cow won third place in a competition. And guess what? There were only two cows. Umm… what? There was also no result given for the milk competition. *shrugs*

i once told alec go to bed aprently that translates to whoo with your wife.

alecs logic you said go to bed not go sleep. at lest thats how i picture it in my head.

Apparently telling a kid to go use the public toilet means "oo make a mess on the grass" :D

theres a cc urinal i got once for the bender boys .my logic was it would help with accidents. but instead it increased accidents cause the 4 boys were all detemuned to hold it to get their turn. alex wasn't in the story yet .
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    Finally, my 'Sulani save' story has begun! I'm not great at coming up with titles. Sulani at Heart was designed to cover the fact that the Matsumoto triplets likely won't all live in Sulani as they get older (I haven't yet planned where they'll all live), but they'll definitely be wanting to retain links to their heritage wherever they live.

Like with 'Magical Mastersons' story, this isn't a meticulously-plotted story or anything like that... it's just recording the day-to-day lives of the Matsumoto triplets and their younger cousins, as well as their parents.

This post is also featured on my blog. It shows as being originally posted on July 25th, but I updated it to include info on the guys, as well as changing Arisa's photo.

There's a corresponding story thread in Stories, Challenges and Legacies.

Arisa, Keiko and Sakura were born in Sulani. They start dating boys from very different backgrounds. They know they'll likely end up living in different towns when they're older, so will their bond be able to remain strong? And how will they maintain ties with Sulani? After all, to adapt the popular phrase, you can take the girl(s) out of Sulani, but you can't take Sulani out of the girl(s).
    Lars has always had a natural affinity with Sulani culture, and decides to become a mermaid. How will he deal with his newfound abilities?
    Marianne is the youngest in her family by quite a gap. As she gets older, she realises that she's more interested in playing chess and computer games, rather than the active, outdoor activities her parents and older brother enjoy. Can she accept that being 'different' is a good thing?

(Author's note: Lars will become a mermaid once he's a teenager; he's currently two days away from that birthday. Marianne is still only a toddler right now, so she won't 'narrate' any chapters as such until she's older.)

(See spoiler for details)
    Now to meet the key characters in the story! Note: at the start of the story, Samuel and Amanda are deceased.

Samuel and Amanda Foster lived in Lagoon Look in Sulani. Amanda was a painter and Samuel was a chef.

qo1ADcs.jpg
    zGOraGt.jpg

They had twins Anne and Lucy. Anne is a talented musician, with her main instrument being the violin. She got a degree in Fine Arts from the University of Britechester.

er3ZzUi.jpg

Lucy is a fitness fanatic, who has a degree in Biology from Foxbury Institute. She works as a doctor.

sxdq8mE.jpg

Anne married Hiroshi Matsumoto, and they have triplet daughters Arisa, Keiko and Sakura. Anne was born a human Sim, but underwent the Rite of Ascension to become a Spellcaster as a young adult. Hiroshi is also a Spellcaster, as are their children. Arisa is in green, Keiko is in blue and Sakura is in pink.

9SLraR5.jpg

opRijqG.jpg
    cKzu9tF.jpg
    j4ZMcUA.jpg

Lucy married Max van Beers and they have son Lars and daughter Marianne. All four are currently human Sims, but that will soon changed as mentioned in the intro.

Emi1ArR.jpg

DpkqlZo.jpg
    nNXKctB.jpg

I don't have individual photos of them right now, but here are the basic details of the other important characters:

Declan O'Reilly is originally from Oasis Springs. He has a twin sister Ciara, and a younger sister Orla. His parents are Bridget and Sean. Bridget is a freelance crafter, and Sean is a civil designer.

Kai Nakayama is originally from Mt Komorebi. He has a younger sister, Hanae. His parents are Fumiko and Daisuke. They also have a cat, Mei-Mei, who's a Siamese. Fumiko is a doctor, and Daisuke is a businessman.

Felix Bachmann is originally from Henford-on-Bagley. He has an older sister, Klara. His parents are Gretchen and Karl. Gretchen is an athlete, and Karl is a gardener. They used to have a dog, Lily, but she passed away from old age shortly before the family moved to Sulani.

Blog post here: Sulani at Heart: Meet the Characters
  • Options
    JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    I'm back from my holiday and just published a new chapter of the Campbell Countup. Link here: https://jamessimsstories.wordpress.com/2021/08/16/campbell-countup-1-7/

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Box of Chocolates continues. It's hard to get stuff done when you're at the beck and call of twin babies. 1.26 Balance
    image.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    new chapter!

hqsWfxM.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    my adulting plans got cancelled so here tommorrow . if i remember . not used to being here before 11 on tuesday.
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Suzy gets deeper and deeper into the Triangle of Power conspiracy and there's a new name to contend with. Chapter 119: Leanne. Once again, so much of the action came from pure gameplay, not plotting in advance.

RIFoSbJ.png

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2021/08/chapter-119-leanne.html
  • Options
    i planned on writing today but private pratice gave my sim toddler a earache and i can't figure out how to fix it. cause she can't go to the clinic apprently and i tried to make a post about it but everyone tells me go to discord . i can't cause i used up all my info making 3 accounts.
  • Options
    mom got me a tablet for my birthday. it was yesterday.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top