Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: July ’21 Cottage Living Patch + Aug '21 patch

Comments

• Options
    ShinjiMShinjiM Posts: 84 Member
    I got this from what I tested here with MCCC, and I was thinking this wasn't MCCC fault (or maybe so), whenever I changed any sims age to young adult and turned them back to adult, their face will back to the same issue which I faced before, there's wrinkle around their eyes, forehead and nose, which wasn't happened before this patch update and it's bypass any cc skin tone/skin detail which look like the sim wasn't use skin detail for some reasons. I still trying to find the suspect because no one mention this in the forum...
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @JadmS1mz4everr That just means that it hasn't been updated for Cottage Living yet. I don't consider that "broken".

Mod Updates
    Kids Can Cook (Cepzid/Zulf) - pack update

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @ShinjiM If you can narrow it down to a particular mod or CC item, please do let me know! Test in CAS without MCCC.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > @ShinjiM If you can narrow it down to a particular mod or CC item, please do let me know! Test in CAS without MCCC.

OK, will be back
  • Options
    I tested it (without MCCC) and the wrinkles still there... and my question remain the same as before, which mod causing this?
  • Options
    YonzieYonzie Posts: 29 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > @friendsfan367 Do you have a Discord account? You should really get support for that directly from the creator. Otherwise, I'd suggest starting a new thread.
    >
    > Mod Updates* Home at 2 PM for teens. All grades. (Zafire) - pack update
    > * Toddler Timeout with fixed animations (Zafire) - pack update

am i missing something, when i go for the toddler one, its last update was july 20th.
  • Options
    YonzieYonzie Posts: 29 Member
    > @JadmS1mz4everr said:
    > > @luthienrising said:
    > > @JadmS1mz4everr Is the only issue the Nannies? Does this happen with no other mods installed and localthumbcache deleted? (Apologies if you already told me!) And which mod was it again? Also, please do let icemunmun know!
    >
    >
    > No issues with nannies, just no custom food/drink interactions at all from the Cottage Living fridge and stove. Works fine in my other saves. And yes, this is after deleting localthumbcache, spotlight file, and reinstalling the mods from Icemunmun's site. It's only with Cottage Living, all other packs work as they should

i thought icemunmun has not updated her mods for the cottage living yet.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @ShinjiM If you can narrow it down to a particular mod or CC item, please do let me know! Test in CAS without MCCC.

PimpMySims4 Better Elder, I took that mod out and the wrinkles is gone... now I CAN use MCCC again without worries with those wrinkles

EDIT: it's still there... OK I tested it before in CAS without PimpMySims4 Better Elder, and it's totally gone but when I entered the game (gameplay) it's appear again....

EDIT II: Another thing that I realized, some NPC's name which I changed before, it's being reset to their original name... this is a bug, thanks to @QueenMercy for the info
    Post edited by ShinjiM on
  • Options
    TheZenRoomTheZenRoom Posts: 15 Member
    Not sure if this is an "issue" or not, but after installing the updated Townie Overhaul Less Fame with the hiddenfoxes package option, every fox in my game got adopted into a household. Is this intended?
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    ShinjiM wrote: »

PimpMySims4 Better Elder, I took that mod out and the wrinkles is gone... now I CAN use MCCC again without worries with those wrinkles

EDIT: it's still there... OK I tested it before in CAS without PimpMySims4 Better Elder, and it's totally gone but when I entered the game (gameplay) it's appear again....

EDIT II: Another thing that I realized, some NPC's name which I changed before, it's being reset to their original name...

I don’t think the name issue is a mod thing, people have been reporting similar issues on console and unmodded.
  • Options
    QueenMercy wrote: »

I don’t think the name issue is a mod thing, people have been reporting similar issues on console and unmodded.

is it because I took out MCCC so the name is being reset? it's the first time for me for this 'a sudden reset npc name'
    anyway, did you have any clue about the wrinkles? PimpMySims4 Better Elder is not the mod which caused this... (another, again, false alarm)

• Options
    edited August 2021
    @ShinjiM Name change is a game bug; that's on AHQ. Any change made in CAS won't be *un*made when you change a mod. You need to test on a new Sim. May I suggest you take this over to one of the support servers on Discord? They can help you sort it out and may have seen this issue before.

Mod/CC Updates

I'm out the rest of the day. Will update on p. 1 tomorrow!
    Post edited by luthienrising on
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    ShinjiM wrote: »
    QueenMercy wrote: »

is it because I took out MCCC so the name is being reset? it's the first time for me for this 'a sudden reset npc name'
    anyway, did you have any clue about the wrinkles? PimpMySims4 Better Elder is not the mod which caused this... (another, again, false alarm)

Here’s the bug report thread for name changes: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NPC-Sims-whose-names-have-been-changed-have-reverted-back/td-p/10528134

I’m not sure what could be causing your skin detail problem.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I didn't know which @83bienchen mod is this but I took out the folder (yes, I used the mod creator's name to categories each mod/cc that I used here) and the wrinkles is gone, yes absolutely gone, both on CAS and the gameplay... sorry for spamming this forum for my gameplay issue. I will check the folder later. I really need to sleep now.

EDIT: Dang... sil*y me... I installed this mod: sims4me_wrinklesforadults
    I downloaded almost all of @83bienchen mod and didn't even aware that mod was there....

problem solved.
    Post edited by ShinjiM on
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited August 2021
    wrinkles.jpg

@ShinjiM: Mine are still there despite I have all of my mods installed, so I suggest you check
    1. whether you have the current versions of my mods (wrinklesforadults just got an update a few days earlier, though not because of the issue you reported)
    2. whether you accidentally got a mod of another creator in your 83bienchen folder that might cause the issue

In order to organize this thread for all who want to benefit from it, it is really helpful to adhere to luthienrising's rules for posting broken mods, which are always laid out on the first post of each update thread.
    For instance, I'm still VERY busy changing and adding new tuning for tons of my mods and each unspecified report takes away time I sorely need to get through with my updates so everyone can benefit from mods that support the new pack and patch in the best way possible. So even though I already updated wrinklesforadults, I now had to check whether everything works as it should in CAS as well as in game + do this post so the mod doesn't get wrongly tagged as broken here - while I actually got up early before my kids get up (it's 8 a.m. here in Germany) in order to get some more updates done. Your edit didn't make clear whether you had problems with the updated version or with the outdated one.

Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    wrinkles.jpg

@ShinjiM: Mine are still there despite I have all of my mods installed, so I suggest you check
    1. whether you have the current versions of my mods (wrinklesforadults just got an update a few days earlier, though not because of the issue you reported)
    2. whether you accidentally got a mod of another creator in your 83bienchen folder that might cause the issue

In order to organize this thread for all who want to benefit from it, it is really helpful to adhere to luthienrising's rules for posting broken mods, which are always laid out on the first post of each update thread.
    For instance, I'm still VERY busy changing and adding new tuning for tons of my mods and each unspecified report takes away time I sorely need to get through with my updates so everyone can benefit from mods that support the new pack and patch in the best way possible. So even though I already updated wrinklesforadults, I now had to check whether everything works as it should in CAS as well as in game + do this post so the mod doesn't get wrongly tagged as broken here - while I actually got up early before my kids get up (it's 8 a.m. here in Germany) in order to get some more updates done. Your edit didn't make clear whether you had problems with the updated version or with the outdated one.

mine is the one that added to the folder around July 29, and really sorry because I was in panic attack. But don't worry, I will not use it either. I was using 50:50 method by removed the mod folder which I sorted it as modified by date, so I found yours (the folder name with your name) was at the top 5, including mccc, pimpmysims4, chingyu, kiara and yours. so I moved them one by one and finally I got my problem solved last night. sorry for spamming the forum.
  • Options
    Latest update for wrinklesoverhaul was in August, so the one you had installed was outdated.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Mod Updates
    CC Updates
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    http://bienchen83.bplaced.net/s4/mods/07082021.rar

I'm done with the minor tuning updates now (minor tuning errors are such that don't cause Last Exception Errors but could still possibly cause problems, they are also pretty hard to track down because they are often really minor changes of just a single word somewhere in a thousand lines of code), plus some additions like adding the new plants to plantsgodormantinwinteronly. I won't list them all as there are too many.

There are also 3 new mods:

needylivestocktweak

Makes caring for livestock easier. Can also be combined with my lessautonomousclean_cowlama_faster mod.
    lessdirtyanimals - Livestock will get dirty less fast.
    fastercleanshed - Cleaning the cow/lama shed is faster.
    fasterrefillshedfeed - Filling the shed feed is faster.

morevillagefaircompetitors

More competitors will participate in the Finchwick village fair.

moreplopsyoffers

As there is now much more stuff available on Plopsy than in the beginning, I significantly raised the number of offers that are available at the same time.

I'll take a quick break from modding now as it was especially tedious this time (even more so as my daughter was diagnosed with COVID-19), so I'd be grateful for not receiving requests for a while.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    @83bienchen
    I want to thank you for all the hard work that you do. You and the other fantastic modders keep this game going.
    Thoughts and prayers for your daughter for a speedy recovery!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    rules_shannonrules_shannon Posts: 5 New Member
    @83bienchen

So sorry about your daughter. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Just wanted to note for other folks reading this that the link above is for the last update. Luckily your links are super intuitively named, so it was easy to figure out that the correct link is: http://bienchen83.bplaced.net/s4/mods/07082021.rar

(copy and paste the URL into your browser).

Thanks for all you do and please take as long a break as you need until you are feeling inspired and refreshed! It is very well deserved and taking care of your family of course comes first!
  • Options
    I accidentally posted the wrong link as rules_shannon already pointed out:

There also was an error where I uploaded the wrong files of situationoutfits_begone and siblingcaretweaks. Please redownload (and clear your browser cache first if necessary). Thanks.
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    @83bienchen thank you for everything you do for us Simmers. Your mods are much appreciated! I wish your daughter a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    LoreaLorea Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2021
    I'll take a quick break from modding now as it was especially tedious this time (even more so as my daughter was diagnosed with COVID-19), so I'd be grateful for not receiving requests for a while.

Thank you for your hard work! :)
    I hope your daughter will be in good health soon! <3
  • Options
    SimTalonSimTalon Posts: 49 Member
    I accidentally posted the wrong link as rules_shannon already pointed out:

There also was an error where I uploaded the wrong files of situationoutfits_begone and siblingcaretweaks. Please redownload (and clear your browser cache first if necessary). Thanks.

Hi. I'm still getting a 404 on that link, no matter how I try to reach it. I can't find the mod on your site either. I did clear my cache and turned off my ad blocker as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top