Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Triplet names!

Comments

• Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    If they are identical, then I would stay away from the rhyming, sing-songy names. Identicals already suffer a loss of identity. Treat them as the individuals they are. I know, they're just pixelated, non-sentient things, but it is a life-Simulation, (hahaha). That's my advice. Pick names you like for them.

I think this is a good idea too. :smile: It all depends on how you play your game, I suppose. Personally I like same first letter names or themed names for twins/triplets. Alot of the themes mentioned probably wouldn't be noticed unless you were familiar with the theme itself. I'm not a huge fan of rhyming names personally, though, as that could lead to a bit of confusion at times.

I'm enjoying this thread, and definitely keeping some of these names in mind for the future. :smile:
  • Options
    Gonnawin1111Gonnawin1111 Posts: 495 Member
    I really like at least having them with the same letter/themed. Sometimes it's a bit confusing when they're too similar. One of the triplets I had (Bennett, Benjamin, and Bentley) were in my 100 baby chall. I named the first one Bennett and when there was another I was like :0, maybe i'll name this one Benjamin and when there was another I didn't want it to feel left out lol so I was like to continue the "Ben" themed I picked Bentley. Can you imagine how hard the 100 baby chall was with triplets plus 2 other toddlers and some kids!
    heyyyy i'm v ツ I'm Gonnawin1111 on the gallery too. My bestie is hymnhehim/hymnofheroes/milo ツ I love using smileys like : ) but on the forums they become :)
  • Options
    I can imagine the challenge in naming new babies, @Gonnawin1111 especially if you don't know there are going to be twins/triplets!
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I had triplets on my very first TS4 family. The couple just got a girl and I was like "Let's get her a sibling" and then the game was like "Oh you want siblings? Well you get three trololo!"
    Not gonna lie, it was pretty aggravating to have 4 babies at once all crying in a loop but at least the parents gained parenting skill like woah and I actually really enjoyed the challenge when they were toddlers.
    The triplet boys are called Abel, Blaze and River. I think those are all in-game names cuz I was curious (and lazy) so I just rolled that dice to see their offerings.

• Options
    randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    Larry, Curly, and Moe.
  • Options
    wow in your first family! I didn't even know it was possible to have multiples t'ill i had twins once. I do like the names tho, sometimes the randomizer gives..interesting names
    heyyyy i'm v ツ I'm Gonnawin1111 on the gallery too. My bestie is hymnhehim/hymnofheroes/milo ツ I love using smileys like : ) but on the forums they become :)
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    wow in your first family! I didn't even know it was possible to have multiples t'ill i had twins once. I do like the names tho, sometimes the randomizer gives..interesting names

Like Pepino!
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    I’ve had 3 sets of triplets so far. The first was rather early on, in my “Pixar character” name house. Two girls and a boy; Eve, Merida, and Buzz.

Then, much much later, I ended up having two sets born very close together. The first were all girls, born into the “astronomy/space terms” house; Celestial, Eclipse, and Aurora. (They also ended up looking so similar that I had to color code them through their whole childhood.)

Then, two houses later, my “Star Wars” house also had triplets. (Interestingly, their mom and the dad of the previous set are twins themselves, so the triplets are also all first cousins.) This is where the game’s method of naming babies got…frustrating. This house also ended up having two girls and a boy, but of course the game couldn’t tell me that all at once-so I ended up with Finn, Rey, and Padme-the odd one out since I was really, really not expecting another set of triplets so soon as was thrown for a loop. Otherwise I would have tried to pick 3 names from the same era.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    Wow thats a lot of kids lol but I really love the astronomy/space names :)
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Hmm. I suppose you could go the Donald Duck route. Huey, Dewey and Louie. Or for the girls it was April, May and June.
    Truth be told I agonize over naming Sims. It takes me a lot longer than it should, and I'll often have a baby names website open to get some ideas. I used Euro 2020 soccer squad lists when I was naming a few of the more recent bubs.
  • Options
    SimThoughts96SimThoughts96 Posts: 16 Member
    You could name them Haley, Alex, and Luke. They're the Dunphy kids from Modern Family.
  • Options
    I'm enjoying seeing where all us Simmers get are name inspiration from; books, TV shows, baby naming websites, nature and space...it's very interesting. :smile:

• Options
    @GirlFromIpanema i agree totally :) personally i use a lot of baby naming websites but sometimes i have a specific theme in mind... there have been a lot of good name suggestions here so i wanna ask: in my legacy chall my original heir's son is going to have a kid soon. Both of the kid's parents are in the athletic career. Any name suggestions? I was thinking something "sporty".. btw the dads name is Brady and the moms name is Lauryn
  • Options
    Simcity_TrainsSimcity_Trains Posts: 107 Member
    Have you ever had triplets in your game (without knowing that they were going to be triplets)? If so, what did you name them?
    Btw this is my first ever discussion so hope I did it right :)

I'll start:

1. Emmett, Everest, Emerson (2 boys, 1 girl)
    2. Dream, Infinity, Freedom (all girls)
    3. Bennett, Benjamin, Bentley (all boys)

If there's a mod for plumbot babies I would call them
    Terminator baby
    Windows ME
    Windows vista
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    in my legacy chall my original heir's son is going to have a kid soon. Both of the kid's parents are in the athletic career. Any name suggestions? I was thinking something "sporty".. btw the dads name is Brady and the moms name is Lauryn
    Jump on Wikipedia and look up the USA (or whatever country you like) Olympic squad. Plenty of inspiration there!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics

• Options
    Thank you :)@StuffyMarx
  • Options
    FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    The triplets I had in my game are called Artemis, Alexis and Asterion.

They are the grand children of Alexander Goth and Stella Terrano (from Sims 2 University, I recreated her for my game).
    Alexis is an alien and she is named after Alexander.
    Asterion is a spellcaster and his name means "star". He was named after Stella. Asterion also was the name of a king in Greek mythology.
    Artemis is also a spellcaster and she is named after the goddes of hunt in Greek mythology.

I spend a lot of time choosing the right names for my sims and I love it. :) The names of the descendents of the Goth family are mainly inspired by the Roman or Greek mythology in my game.
  • Options
    @Freechheit Wow those names are amazing! I think those names are perfect!
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Steven, Jordan, Melanie
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I had my game for almost three years, before I had my first set of triplets, which was pretty recently.
    I downloaded a male Sim base from the Sims Gallery, and kept the traits given to him, but changed his hair, eyes, and name. I gave him white hair, and green eyes, and named him Sage SilverWolf. I first had him flirt with Summer Holiday, but I eventually had him marry Liberty Lee.
    When Liberty gave birth, I thought she was having twins, which I have had before, but was surprised to have triplets. So, on the fly all three of their sons were named as followed;
    Sage Jr. Silverwolf, Syaoran SilverWolf, and Lee SilverWolf.
    I am pretty terrible at coming up with names on the spot.
  • Options
    I actually love those names :)
  • Options
    I love how one of the sons name was Lee, im guessing it was because Liberty Lee
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    edited July 2021
    I love how one of the sons name was Lee, im guessing it was because Liberty Lee
    Thank you, I wasn't prepared for three kids, and only decided to name any male babies after the dad, and for a female I was going to name them something in line with Liberty.
    Yes, I was drawing a blank, and decided to pay a tribute to their mother for the last one. Also, if he had kept her last name, he would've been Lee Lee.
    Also, the two of them are going to be expecting again soon, so I can't wait to see if they have triplets again or not.

• Options
    Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    I have a family that I downloaded from the Gallery that happens to be the family from the show, Good Times. JJ Evans got married and his wife is expecting triplets so I'm going with James the III (since JJ is a junior), Millicent and Penny. (The girl names come from the little girl JJ's family took in on the show.)
  • Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    My first thought is:
    Wynken, Blynken, and Nod
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top