Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Those who are open to a Sims 5 with online multiplayer, what do you want to see?

This thread intended to those open to the idea of a multiplayer sims game. If you are strictly against it and only want single player, this thread isnt for you.

For those interested, what needs have to be met?
What features would you like to see?
What does EA need to avoid?
And anything else you can think of.
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I think firstly theyd have to make sure its safe for children as well. Sims is marketed towards young teens just as much as adults, and it has to be a safe space for them to engage in if playing with strangers (not meaning co-op with already verified friends or with your family.) I think any online spaces that have mixed ages could have a preset convo mode. I vaguely remember some online sites as a child id use, when using the chat thered be preset sentences or expressions you could build to use. Or censors as well.

But when playing with friends already via some service (like steam, idk how origin does it) there would be no barrier. I think lan co-op could be fun too, no censor needed there since playing with those you know.

Hope this makes some kind of sense, i dont know much about systems that are in place to provide online protection.

• Options
    Itd also be cool to see a world tool reintroduced, and being able to download or visit worlds people have built, or create a copy for your own use to play with your friends. Some peoples build skills are amazing!!

• Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    I would like it to be so you can host your own server with the world, similar to minecraft or rust.
    With mods and plugins that the player would have to download first cause I don’t think EA would implement the feature of automatically downloading the files needed.

Where you as the server owner set rules such as age limit, language and other preferences, like the amount of free lots to be built on and the size for them, or chose to have it set to open world with no lot restrictions or size restrictions.

SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    I would like it to be so you can host your own server with the world, similar to minecraft or rust.
    With mods and plugins that the player would have to download first cause I don’t think EA would implement the feature of automatically downloading the files needed.

Where you as the server owner set rules such as age limit, language and other preferences, like the amount of free lots to be built on and the size for them, or chose to have it set to open world with no lot restrictions or size restrictions.

That would be nice. Very useful for roleplaying too. Could be cool to limit CAS clothing, like if you wanted a medieval server so everyone has clothing thats similar to reflect the timeline, plus other mod controls like you said.

• Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I don’t know about servers etc but I feel a multiplayer experience would work best if you could simply invite other players into your save file via their Account ID. That way you could set up joint save files with a handful of friends, 100 friends or just play solo if you want.. You’d also be able to remove anyone you invite too I guess, should you fall out or decide you don’t want visitors or whatever?

Potentially have some kind of exclusive hub map where anyone could travel to, and interact with other players, but keep it to the one map. Ultimately your personal save file remains safe from trolls then, which I think is most peoples fear with an online sims game.

I don’t really get the worry about it not being kid friendly, they’ve purposefully kept the game kid friendly anyway? I don’t see the need for chat boxes or whatever, it’s not second life.. You’d simply be interacting with sims controlled by other players, and only on the online hub map. I think you’d have to be able to manually accept/reject social interactions too which could be handy and fun..

Even local multiplayer would be fun though. I miss 2 player on the old console games..
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I would like it to be a spin off like The Sims Online, not The Sims 5. As of features… I don‘t care. I would never play it anyway.
  • Options
    ddd994 wrote: »
    I don’t really get the worry about it not being kid friendly, they’ve purposefully kept the game kid friendly anyway? I don’t see the need for chat boxes or whatever, it’s not second life.. You’d simply be interacting with sims controlled by other players, and only on the online hub map. I think you’d have to be able to manually accept/reject social interactions too which could be handy and fun..

Even local multiplayer would be fun though. I miss 2 player on the old console games..

Itd seem weird to not have a chatbox tho. Like if you all were on a lot, how do you communicate what you want to do as Group? But also I think some interactions shouldnt be available online, like whoohoo. Can get to a very weird place and breeding ground for ped0s.

But i love the idea of local co-op. I just found my gamecube sims 1 game that has 2player split screen so ill be playing it soon! So fun

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited July 2021
    I would realllllly like to see the multiplayer go in a direction similar to what Roblox or minecraft is like, where players can use the available set of tools to create a bunch of multiplayer, competitive minigames, like fashion shows, build contests, board games where your sim acts as the piece that moves around the board, survival challenges, etc. Of course, all this as an optional feature alongside the traditional life simulation part of the game.

Edit: I'd also like some kind of joint save feature, where a bunch of players can join a traditional life simulation save file and progress together, kind of like Stardew Valley where all players need to be present to manage their individual farms.
  • Options
    Lindz2006Lindz2006 Posts: 86 Member
    I would love to see it. I am huge secondlife fan as is. For the concept of interacting with other people. I would love to see sims be the same in some aspect.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2021
    I have no interest but if I were to play a Sims' online multiplayer here is what I would want and not want.

1. No challenges, chores, skilling competitions, etc. That would be very grindy and boring to me. No co op.

Here is what I would considered far from what I might play but it should happen if they want to build a true multiplayer life simulator.

1. All worlds on EA servers. That way there can be some type of moderation of what is happening in a multiplayer game.

2. No chat boxes since this would be a life simulator and would protect minors from predators of so called 'friends'.

3. A player should be able to buy a lot in the server world. Create their avatar and move them in.

4. Get a job in an active/hands on type/ career. (Later a player's Sim should get education to change jobs or just change to a lower paying job but one they loved etc. All jobs should be hands on for the gameplay. Server worlds would be very boring with rabbit hole jobs.

5. Players should not be able to edit the server worlds. Period. This would be very annoying and confusing to other players. However the Sim avatar could build and add on to their own lots if they have the space and or move later for more space with real time money if they hadn't earned enough in a Sim job to get the lot they wanted. Microtransactions might be necessary but not over done.

6. Relationships, an age requirement if there is any type of romance and or marriage etc. in a multiplayer. Absolutely an age requirement. No six year old and or teen and adult in a Sim relationship. Period. Therefore, with an age requirement verified, players are free to romance other Sims in the multiplayer game. That is what everyone is hoping anyway. So do it right. That is not something I would want to do in a game but it should be done with the strictest age requirements. And only mild romance interactions leading to marriage or not. No public woohoo in a server world, ever....never. Or even in a co op game.

7. Marriage, there should be places to go to hold such a ceremony, no matter if it's the local civil building and or a religious ceremony. People care about where they get married so should Sims.

8. Moving in-both players would have to decided which home they were going to live in and play in or buy another and sell the other properties back to the server world. But a decent amount of time (3 days) for the players to decide who is going to give up their lot in a server world or dissolve the marriage if players can't come to an agreement.

9. Divorces, players should be able to divorce from their spouse in the game and be a civil and or chaotic divorce. It's the players' choices of how to end a relationship in a server world...good or badly.

10. Kids should be able to be adopted, but are NPCs and neither player have any control over their behaviors. Also, kids born in server world will one day move out and become the NPCs that run the stores, restaurants, teach, or be the CEO of a company where your Sim works etc. Therefore aging is on, and not able to turn off for any Sim. Born in game kids will also not be able to be controlled. This is a better way than fighting over who gets control of kids and or who plays as kids.

11. There should be everything in the server world that is in our lives today, no matter what Maxis thinks about if it is still relevant, players should have choices if they want to use a pc for a job and or write it out by hand or whatever. Or read a newspaper and or get on the internet to find out or do something. The server world should be a very broad reflection of life, not just a bubble somewhere.

12. Funeral should be possible again any type a player wants for their spouse or their own Sim. One the Sim dies the player is given an opportunity to quit the game and or move to a different world and play as another avatar starting all over.

13. The purpose of the game would be to interact with others as we do in real life and see what happens, good or bad. Challenges such as job promotions etc. should be possible but not necessary. Sims should be able to pursue hobbies and dreams and the server worlds should make all that possible. Go paint the mountain or go sky diving or deep sea diving. Hobbies should be a big part of the Sims' lives and how they or you would relate to others in a server world. Such as if you as the Sim wasn't interested in SyFy then you probably wouldn't meet too many who are and therefore not wind up marrying the wrong player's Sim. The goals of the game is to progress and have kids and pass along any traits and dreams to them and they take over the server world and you see all your hard work fullfilled in what type of world the server world has become. More or less legacy in a multiplayer game. Where the kids don't inherit the homes nor the money but run the worlds as NPCs. Who will your kids become and how will they rule the worlds? Legacy gameplay.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LouicoppLouicopp Posts: 2 New Member
    The pizza game!! If you know, you know!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I want to play on the same save with people I know — family or people I've met through Sims communities. Local co-op or hosted co-op, I don't particularly care which, but hosted would be ideal so it didn't matter who was available to play. Ideally, I'd like to be able to add CC and mods to that, but I could live without. I'd like to be able to build together with another player, and also to play different households live, at the same time. I'd like a chat box as a backup to our usual Discord voice chat.

I don't want the option of playing with strangers. And I don't want an MMO style thing or just to "be" a Sim and talk to my friends who are "being" a Sim (although I'd try that at least once, with Sims community people).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I want to play on the same save with people I know — family or people I've met through Sims communities. Local co-op or hosted co-op, I don't particularly care which, but hosted would be ideal so it didn't matter who was available to play. Ideally, I'd like to be able to add CC and mods to that, but I could live without. I'd like to be able to build together with another player, and also to play different households live, at the same time. I'd like a chat box as a backup to our usual Discord voice chat.

I don't want the option of playing with strangers. And I don't want an MMO style thing or just to "be" a Sim and talk to my friends who are "being" a Sim (although I'd try that at least once, with Sims community people).

But how does the game distinguish between a stranger and a friend? Like origins friend system ( if there is one)? Or like only being able to join games through code?

• Options
    What I want to do the most if anything is
    1. being able to play with friends on one lot and we all live together.
    2. Visit big hub worlds or other players neighborhoods and see all their creations. Be able to purchase a home in that world and earn a living, a reduced build/buy mode and simmers can own their own business and sell furniture, groceries,hair salon, clothing etc and I have to go in person to purchase them for my home. I can open my own store and have competeing prices or sales, or I can have my own home business or garden (open for business style)

• Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    The option to play as a vampire, a werewolf or an alien would be a huge plus for an online sims game, sure there would be some simmers that would be against occults, but if they got rid of the supernatural aspect, then is it really the sims anymore?